J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Unicorn: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Unicorn: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Possibly
Thorpocalypse

Red Guardian (Alexei Shostakov): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

If I am to accomplish my purpose -- by destroying Captain America -- I must surpass him in every way! - Red Guardian

RED GUARDIAN
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 225
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Skin: Fair
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Moscow, Russia
Team Affiliations: The Winter Guard

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 4 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+13), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise [Secret Agent] 8 (+10), Insight (+3), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Shield] 3 (+11), Stealth 4 (+9), Vehicles 7 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Shield Bash), Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack (1) (Shield Bash), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Russian), Leadership, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Super Soldier Enhancements: Immunity 4 (Aging, Intoxication, Disease, Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 11 pts
Russian Guardian Shield: 17 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 11 pts
Shielding: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Defense, Mobility*); 6 pts
Shield Mastery: 10 pt Array; 11 pts
Shield Toss: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 5, Ricochet 2, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 10 pts
Shield Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2 (Extra: Breaking, Penetrating 5); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Red Guardian Costume: Protection 1, Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold), Commlink; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +12 [Shield Bash +8]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +8
Shield +11 [Shield Toss +8]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+12 with Shield) [DC20/22] Parry +10 (+12 with Shield) [DC20/22]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: Guardian of Russia.
Rivalry: Captain America.

Abilities 80 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 22 + Defenses 12 = 153 / 153

Build Comments: KGBeast got me into the Russian mood, so I’m taking my first run ever in my 16 years of building at The Winter Guard. Starting off is the Red Guardian. My version is an amalgam on his comics version and his MCU version. He’s got the background of comics Alexi but the super soldier boost of the David Harbour take from Black Widow. He was a highlight and I am looking forward to his role in Thunderbolts.

Secret Origins: Alexi Andreovitch Shostakov (Russian: Алексей Андреевич Шостаков) was one of the Soviet Union's most acclaimed test pilots. Because of his extraordinary skill, Shostakov was chosen for the most secret and dangerous flight tests for the Soviet Union. However, the Soviet state-controlled news media greatly publicized certain other missions of his, and Shostakov was decorated as a Hero of the Soviet Union. Shostakov was also successful in his private life, having married the equally famous ballerina Natalia (familiarly known as Natasha) Romanova.

It was decided at the KGB that the Shostakovs would make particularly good special operatives. While Alexi was away from home on a mission, he was informed of the state's new plans for him and told that from then on he could have no contact with any of his past friends and acquaintances, or even his own wife. He was then inducted into the Russian Super Soldier program. Meanwhile, a Soviet official told Natalia that her husband had died in the explosion of an experimental rocket he was testing.

Distraught, Natalia Shostakova said that she wanted to do something to be worthy of the memory of her heroic husband. The KGB had anticipated her reaction and was able to immediately put her into training to become the spy known as the Black Widow. Eventually the Black Widow, who was again using her maiden name, defected to the United States.

The Story so Far: The KGB trained Alexi to become the second Red Guardian, a special costumed agent who was intended to be the Soviet Union's counterpart to Captain America. During the years of his training, Shostakov became a cruel, ruthless man, very different in personality from what he was while living with his wife.

As the Cold War flared up in the 1950s, Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev realized that the Soviet Union needed its own equivalent to Captain America. Khrushchev chose Alexei Shostakov over Yuri Gagarin who would later become the first man in space. The KGB faked his death and trained him in secret, keeping his survival a secret from Natasha. He became a master of hand-to-hand combat and a highly skilled athlete. In addition, he carried a throwing disc on his belt which could be used against an opponent. Magnetic force returned the disc after throwing. The disc had the yellow hammer and sickle symbol on it and his costume was red with a star on his chest to symbolise the Soviet flag. While the Black Widow became disillusioned with KGB masters and defected to the United States, the Red Guardian remained loyal and became more ruthless and vindictive. The Red Guardian battled the Avengers with his Chinese ally Colonel Ling, to protect a Communist Chinese secret weapon located at a secret military base at an unrevealed location in the People's Republic of China, encountering the Black Widow and Captain America (Steve Rogers). When the Black Widow noticed "something familiar" about him, Red Guardian revealed his identity. He was shot and mortally wounded minutes later by Colonel Ling while saving the lives of the Black Widow and Captain America. He was buried under molten lava when a laser blast caused the eruption of a long-dormant volcano.

The United States government attempted to have Natasha handed over to the government of Bulgaria in exchange for having Madame Hydra (Viper) released to the United States. Natasha once again crossed paths with Daredevil and the two of them worked with S.H.I.E.L.D. to bring down the people behind the effort to have her turned over to the Bulgarian government. Natasha came face to face with Alexi, her husband thought to be dead. Alexi had orchestrated the whole affair in an attempt to swipe at Natasha. Natasha confronted Alexi along with S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and the Avengers at her back. Alexi was taken into custody.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Re: J-Mart: Blade, Taskmaster, KGBeast, Unicorn

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:07 am Image
If I am to accomplish my purpose -- I must lay off the borscht -- It makes me constipated! - Red Guardian
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: Blade, Taskmaster, KGBeast, Unicorn, Red Guardian

Post by Goldar »

Did Black Widow Natasha get the same Soviet Super Soldier Serum that Red Guardian got? Or was there a female version? Did other Black Widows get it too?
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Blade, Taskmaster, KGBeast, Unicorn

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ken wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:48 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:07 am Image
If I am to accomplish my purpose -- I must lay off the borscht -- It makes me constipated! - Red Guardian
Now that's comedy! :lol:
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Goldar wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:47 pm Did Black Widow Natasha get the same Soviet Super Soldier Serum that Red Guardian got? Or was there a female version? Did other Black Widows get it too?
In the comics, Alexei never got the super soldier serum. To my knowledge, only MCU Alexei received it. There may have been a 616 Red Guardian that was enhanced but it wasn't him.

Black Widow in the main 616 universe had some sort of serum given to her to slow her aging and maybe give her some minor powers but nothing like the super soldier version. I don't think MCU Natasha was enhanced at all, she was just a bad ass fighter with Red Room training.
Thorpocalypse

Red Guardian: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

There's been a lot of them... :)
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:01 pm
Goldar wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:47 pm Did Black Widow Natasha get the same Soviet Super Soldier Serum that Red Guardian got? Or was there a female version? Did other Black Widows get it too?
In the comics, Alexei never got the super soldier serum. To my knowledge, only MCU Alexei received it. There may have been a 616 Red Guardian that was enhanced but it wasn't him.

Black Widow in the main 616 universe had some sort of serum given to her to slow her aging and maybe give her some minor powers but nothing like the super soldier version. I don't think MCU Natasha was enhanced at all, she was just a bad ass fighter with Red Room training.
Ah so, thanks Thorp.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I want to say that at some point a comic retconned than Natasha had received a variant, but it was dropped VERY quickly. But man, I can't even recall seeing a comic where that was brought up, so it's also just as possible it's some comic book hearsay.
Thorpocalypse

Red Widow: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

You [Ursa Major] couldn't stop Belova? You're a half-ton bear with anti-espionage training and three black belts. - Red Widow

RED WIDOW
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 155
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Moscow, Russia
Team Affiliations: The Winter Guard

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Secret Agent] 7 (+10), Insight 6 (+10) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 5 (+8), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 3 (+5), Sleight of Hand (+5), Stealth 6 (+11), Technology (+3), Treatment (+3), Vehicles (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (1) (Winter Guard Clearance), Combat Clarity* (1), Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (5), Improved Critical (2) (Long Blades, Short Blades), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (2), Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Long Blades, Short Blades), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (8), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Red Room Treatments: Immunity 1 (Aging, Disease), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Red Widow Costume: Protection 1, Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold), Commlink; 3 pts
Halberd: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 3, Reach (5 ft.); 4 pts
Knives: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2, Dangerous, Double; 4 pts
Submachine Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 4; 12 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +14 [Halberd +6, Critical 19-20; Knives +5, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +13 [SMG +4, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To the Russian Government.

Abilities 78 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 30 + Powers 3 + Defenses 14 = 156 / 156

Build Comments: The Red Widow is a new character that hasn’t had a lot of characterization yet outside of being the mysterious leader of the Winter Guard. She got a little run in the series where she was one of the chosen few to battle for the right to be the new bearer of the Phoenix Force that went to Echo. I know, I don’t get it either…

Anyway, this build could be way over or under powered but right now it seems to be in the ballpark. She can give Natasha a good fight and hang with foes like Cap for a while if need be.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: The silent Red Widow was the latest product of the Red Room. Originally a homeless girl, she was brought into the program when she was seven years old. As a result of the Red Room's rigorous training, the Red Widow's body is covered in scabs and scars.

Following the Russian government's decision to revamp their nation's premier super-team, the Winter Guard, the Red Widow was appointed as a member of the unit. Despite Crimson Dynamo acting as the leader of the Winter Guard, Red Widow often called the shots. During battle, she observed silently from a distance in order to report to her superiors.

After Count Dracula surrendered himself to the Russian government under the pretense that he was weak and in the final days of his life, the Red Widow was tasked with interrogating him. To this end she rounded up Dracula's consorts and began killing them, which forced him to disclose every last one of his secrets. Shortly afterward, the Winter Guard was attacked by the Legion of the Unliving, who were in the search for Dracula. Red Widow was the last member of the Winter Guard left standing until the Avengers arrived.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:30 am

I want to say that at some point a comic retconned than Natasha had received a variant, but it was dropped VERY quickly. But man, I can't even recall seeing a comic where that was brought up, so it's also just as possible it's some comic book hearsay.
I know in some old DD comics Natasha was getting muscles. In the 90's Thunderbolts she was really muscley. The old handbooks would say Tasha could bench press 300 pounds. A new one from the 2010s stated 500 pounds.

I guess the idea that the Russians had a variant formula would be hush-hush, especially if it was copied or stolen from Cap's formula. Also, perhaps BW never knew about this formula until more recently so that helped to keep it quiet?