Freedom City Timeline Confusion-Netherwar related

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
gmsupertumbler

Freedom City Timeline Confusion-Netherwar related

Post by gmsupertumbler »

I'm getting ready to run the new NetherWar series from Green Ronin for Mutants and Masterminds. Having some trouble reconciling the timeline. Hoping someone here has more setting knowledge than I or even inside knowledge.

Adventure 0 says that Seven is 19 years old right after Adrian Eldritch dies in 2013. Everything else here is taken from Freedom City 3rd edition.

At 13, (so 2007) she found out the truth of her lineage and enrolled in Claremont, then began her training with Eldritch not long after.

Bowman's entry says that he enrolled in the first class at Claremont, graduated around the time of the Grue Invasion (2004). He apparently dated Seven, but they split up when both joined the Freedom League.

But the history section says that she began her apprenticeship with Eldritch in 2008 and became Master Mage upon his death in 2013.

It doesn't matter immensely to our story, but I'll see if I can get any clarification.

Definitely important that she is 19, newly Master Mage, and part of the Freedom League.

"When Serena turned thirteen, she learned the truth. She came from a bloodline of witches that stretched back to the founding days of Freedom City... Her grandmother enrolled Serena at the Claremont Academy, where she could hone her gifts and benefit from both its protection and its education. There she took the codename “Seven,” a magical number with her the seventh fully realized witch of her bloodline." (FC 266)

"2001 * Duncan Summers completes the renovation of Claremont Academy and takes in its first new group of students, including Bowman (Fletcher Beaumont III), Megastar, Nereid, Seven, and Sonic." (FC 98)

"2008 * Seven begins an apprenticeship with Adrian Eldritch." (FC 100)

"2013 * Seven succeeds Eldritch as Earth’s Master Mage then faces a tremendous challenge from Una the Invincible, Queen of the Netherworld." (FC 102)
Davies

Re: Freedom City Timeline Confusion-Netherwar related

Post by Davies »

Adventure 0 is clearly wrong.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

I may have suggested this before, but my head canon is Seven accidentally summoned the Next Gen from current day FC (which may be roughly 2015-16 in their setting) across time as well as space.
Ogyruan

Post by Ogyruan »

So if everything but the Netherwar 0 info is correct, then Seven is 25 in 2013 when she confronts Una and takes over for Eldrich, correct?

It’s only Netherwar’s assertion of her age that causes problems, right?
Davies

Post by Davies »

I suspect that she's actually around 27. She finds out her heritage when she's 13, but doesn't enroll as a student at Claremont (2001) until she's 15 and a high school student. Twelve years later, she becomes the Master Mage. So between twenty-seven and twenty-eight.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ogyruan

Post by Ogyruan »

Not impossible for a freshman (9th grade) to be an elder 13yr-old but I agree that 27 feels better anyway