The World In The Aftermath (Formerly A World Less Magical)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: The World In The Aftermath (Formerly A World Less Magical)

Post by Davies »

Rosemary Sage

Some utterly irrelevant trivia: her favorite song of all time is "Jumping Jack Flash", by the Stones, because she has always identified with the first lines. "I was born/In a crossfire hurricane." She, too, was born during a moment of great terror, the attack on Earth by Cerebron in 2001. And she, too, howled in the morning driving rain, and has been howling ever since, in some ways.

Born to a family in Whitby who had once been both richer and more powerful -- both politically and otherwise -- their only daughter was the first member of the family in generations to demonstrate any unusual capabilities. When she, at fourteen, was literally sniffing out which of the family treasures retained some mystical properties, her parents decided that she must be sent off to study at New Worminghall, whose masters would surely bring out her talents so that she could be an asset to her family.

Yeah, that was a bust. Despite genuine effort on her part and that of some of the professors, Rosemary demonstrated only a bewildering combination of a deep understanding of magic and a complete inability to put that understanding into practice. She also fell victim to bullying by her fellow students, though their attempts to use sorcery on her directly invariably failed. Failing to graduate, Rosemary found herself disowned by her parents, but was given a job as a groundskeeper at the school. It was a boring, unpleasant job, but allowed her access to the library so she could continue her studies, no matter how fruitless they were.

Two years later, things finally started to look up for her. The new headmaster at Worminghall, Jeffery Searle, took an interest in her case. He discovered that not only was Rosemary unusually resistant to magical powers, she could create a magical void within herself that either cancelled any effects in a large area around herself or absorbed their power into herself to enhance her physique. Energized by these discoveries, Rosemary studied how to use these new talents under his tutelage.

Last month, her master finally deemed her ready to enter what he called the chessboards of the world as one of his agents, sent out from Worminghall to contact Prydwen and offer assistance, since Searle had heard that she was having some difficulties with other allies. And that was when things started to go so horribly wrong, for as soon as Rosemary saw Prydwen in action, she felt an unexpected and unfamiliar feeling in her heart -- loathing. She did not understand what bothered her so much about the shield heroine, but she knew that she could not, would not, have anything to do with her.

She also knew that she could not report this back to Searle, so she used the expense money she had been given to buy a plane ticket from Heathrow to JFK and has begun to explore New York City, supporting herself through odd jobs since her arrival. Rosemary still wants to use her talents to help people, but she has decided to take charge of how she does so after this, and she is also interested in showing herself a really good time now that nothing holds her back.

What she has not yet considered is that Searle might have encountered someone with a similar set of powers in the past -- the long-forgotten past -- and knew exactly how they might make her react to Prydwen. The best pawns have no idea that this is what they are.

Rosemary Sage -- PL 11

Abilities:
STR
5/-1 | STA 4/1 | AGL 7/1 | DEX 2 | FGT 6/0 | INT 2 | AWE 3 | PRE 4

Powers:
Magic Absorption: Array (66 points)
  • Aura: Enhanced Advantages 7 (Defensive Attack, Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge); Enhanced Agility 6; Enhanced Defenses 2 (Will 2), Impervious 9; Enhanced Fighting 6; Enhanced Stamina 3; Enhanced Strength 6; Sustained Protection 5 - 1 point
  • Void: Burst Area 2 Nullify Magic 11, Broad, Close Range, Concentration, Simultaneous - 66 point
Magic Resistance: Immunity 10 (magic effects), Reflect - 20 points
Magic Sense: Senses 2 (radius mystic awareness), Quirk (affected by both mental and olfactory sensory effects) - 1 point

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Fascinate (Persuasion), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ritualist, Uncanny Dodge.

Skills:
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+9/+3), Deception 4 (+8), Expertise: Magic 5 (+9), Expertise: History 3 (+5), Insight 2 (+5), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 2 (+6), Ranged Combat: Magic 6 (+8), Stealth 3 (+10/+4).

Offense:
Initiative +7/+1
Unarmed +9/+3 (Close Damage 5/-1)

Defense:
Dodge 11/5, Parry 9/3, Fortitude 6/3, Toughness 11/9/3/1, Will 11/9

Totals:
Abilities 24 + Powers 88 + Advantages 3 + Skills 18 + Defenses 15 = 148 points

Offensive PL: 11
Defensive PL: 11
Resistance PL: 9
Skill PL: 5

Complications:
Thrills--Motivation. Hatred (Prydwen.) Inept Magician (Disabled on any check to perform a ritual.) Vague Sense of Responsibility.

So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below
And I laugh at myself
While the tears roll down
'Cause it's the world I know
Oh it's the world I know
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Davies

Post by Davies »

Naharuk

As has already been mentioned, first contact between the Vaask Hegemony and the Technate occurred in 1987, when the TSV Adventure, under the command of Arlan Hayez, first fought against and then allied with the HSS Pahant, under the command of Naharuk. Over the next decade, Hayez would have several other encounters with his opposite number, sometimes under less than friendly terms but more often in situations where they were required to resolve their differences in the name of mutual survival. In the years since then, Hayez has often wondered what happened to his rival, usually imagining that he has risen to a similar position in the Vaaskorium as that which Hayez himself now occupies.

Nope. While it is recognized within the Hegemony that these encounters helped to establish the cautious peace that exists between these two stellar powers, the Vaaskorium does not reward its officers who achieve diplomatic victories. It likely did not help matters that Naharuk, rose to command the Pahant under somewhat suspicious circumstances -- specifically, he assumed command just a week* before the encounter with the Adventure, following the death of its previous captain. Naharuk claimed that the other Vaask died in an accident, but the former captain had politically influential friends who whispered a rather different narrative.

Ironically, had Naharuk claimed to have killed his former superior, as long as the tale was told in a certain way, he might have won more respect from his peers than he did through his insistence that it had been a simple misfortune. While this sort of promotion is only supposed to occur in highly ceremonial duels, there have also been many examples of the elimination of incompetent or corrupt superiors leading to promotion, with the irregularities being overlooked. Naharuk faced a number of these sorts of challenges during his time in the Vaaskorium, and prevailed each time, but such triumphs could not erase the stigma of his insistence of innocence in that first episode.

The truth was that he really was innocent. Naharuk had joined the Vaaskorium without any ambitions of martial glory, but out of a genuine desire to see as much of the universe as he could. While as competitive as any Vaask, he took no real pleasure in mortal combat, preferring to have to opportunity to demonstrate his talents to the opponent -- whether fellow Vaask or foreigners -- over and over again. He was also reflective and given to original thinking; the phrase with which he agreed to work with Hayez, "None but fools do battle in a thunderstorm," was of his own coinage, not a proverb.

So it was that, after fifteen years* in the Vaaskorium, Naharuk finally accepted that he was never going to rise any further and separated himself from the service. He spent his accumulated prize money to purchase a civilian exploratory vessel and outfit it with a small crew, then started working as a private scout in the Unclaimed Regions, which has kept him busy for the last two decades*. His voyages have been profitable, both financially and in the sense of expanding the knowledge of the Hegemony. He sometimes broods on the likelihood that what he has learned and reported back home will someday cause harm to the planets that he has visited and their various indigenous species, when the Vaaskorium seeks to subjugate them.

Recently, he intercepted a hyperspace messenger drone of Konan manufacture that, when its messages were decoded, spoke of a startling defeat suffered by a Konan battlegroup in an obscure planetary system. Interesting news -- extraordinarily interesting! Naharuk wonders what else might be going on there ... and whether it would be worth it to visit.

Naharuk -- PL 8

Abilities:
STR
3 | STA 4 | AGL 2 | DEX 3 | FGT 5 | INT 4 | AWE 3 | PRE 3

Powers:
Claws: Strength-based Damage 1 - 1 point
Hide: Impervious Toughness 2 - 2 points

Advantages:
Assessment, Equipment 22, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Leadership, Multingual, Power Attack, Teamwork, Well-informed.

Equipment:
Blaster Rifle (Ranged Damage 8), Body Armor (Protection 4), Starship (see below) and 13 points of equipment as needed.

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+8), Expertise: Galactic 7 (+11), Expertise: Military 5 (+9), Expertise: Philosophy 6 (+10), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation 7 (+10), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Blaster 6 (+8), Stealth 4 (+6), Technology 3 (+7), Vehicles 5 (+8)

Offense:
Initiative +5
Unarmed +8 (Close Damage 4)
Blaster Rifle +8 (Ranged Damage 8)

Defense:
Dodge 7, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 8, Will 8

Totals:
Abilities 54 + Powers 3 + Advantages 28 + Skills 29 + Defenses 15 = 129 points

Offensive PL: 8
Defensive PL: 8
Resistance PL: 7
Skill PL: 6

Complications:
Discovery--Motivation. Competitive. Responsibility (crew.)

Kavrholat-class Exploration Vessel - 79 points

Size Gargantuan; Strength 14; Speed 14 (32,000 MPH; air/space); Defense 6; Toughness 13
Features:
Autopilot (+4), Communications, Computer, Living Space, Navigation System, Remote Control.
Powers:
Hyperspace Drive: Movement 2 (space travel 2) - 4 points
Sensor Gear: Variable 1, Limited to senses - 6 points
Weapon Systems: Array (24 points)
  • Blaster Cannons: Ranged Damage 12 - 24 points
  • Pulsar Torpedoes: Ranged Burst Area Damage 8 - 1 point
  • Tractor Beam: Move Object 14, Limited to moving towards or away from ship - 1 point
Character based on ideas from Voltron64.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Amor

A Hesperan Folktale:

In the dawn, those above gave many gifts to the first woman, including a man of great wisdom. But they also gave them both a sealed jar which they warned her must never be opened. But of course, she and her man did so all the same, and all the horrors that would ever afflict humanity were unleashed in that moment. They sealed it at once, but it was too late, and all that they could do was weep at their folly.

And then they heard a voice from within the jar, saying, "Let me out."

"Are you one of the horrors?" asked the first woman.

"Yes," answered the voice. "Let me out."

"Why should we do such a foolish thing, now that we know what will happen?" asked her man.

"Because I am the greatest of the horrors. Because I am the horror who horrifies the horrors. Because I will ease your suffering to prolong it. Because I will save you from the nothing you have become. I am Love. Let. Me. Out."

They opened up the jar a final time. And all that has happened, happened.

She has many names, and even more faces. In as much as she has a default appearance, it is that of a woman, pallid of skin with eyes that match her long dress which seems fashioned of the night sky; her hair is turquoise. All of that can change in the blink of an eye, and often does change many times in the course of a conversation, as it did when she first met with her primary mortal agent, the one now called Manneken. As she is without scruples, she will often employ her ability to perceive the thoughts of those with whom she would speak, and use what she sees there to assume whatever form would make them most amenable to her entreaties.

Somewhere around five thousand years ago, Amor was an Olympian who traveled to the relative backwater that was the Sol system out of curiosity about the world where her ancestors had lived. Given to arcane studies, she eventually discovered the paths of ascendance that had been followed millions of years before that. It says much about her that she managed to achieve that ascension without aid; it says much more that, having done so, she never aided others to join her, and actively worked to block their attempts when she could do so. Even when they succeeded despite her, she never revealed her existence to any of them.

(Well, almost any of them. She did work with the first oneiromancer, but has no clear memories of what prompted that, or indeed of most anything about that blurry man.)

Amor was forced to reveal herself during the Anachronic Calamity, but even then she held back from joining forces with the other Ascendants in their conflict with Abraxas. Instead, she focused her efforts on ensuring that as much of what had existed in her native reality (the World More Grim) was preserved, either in the current World in the Aftermath, or elsewhere. (Notably, she expended a lot of power to transport most of the Vima to a different world that was not merged into the current reality.) This has left her dramatically weakened; where once she was able to permanently imbue unliving material with consciousness, as she did with Manneken and one other long ago, now she struggles to do so even temporarily.

This has done nothing to make her more inclined to cooperate with the other Ascendants, and she remains outside of their hierarchy, focused entirely on her private goals of making reality more interesting ... if frequently less safe. When Mentor contacted her in hopes of receiving assistance in overcoming Abraxas, she laughed at him before suggesting that he should resolve matters with his loved ones before engaging in such schemes. This angered him, and he accused her of only caring about satisfying her momentary lusts.

"Loves," she corrected. "'Are not all loves secretly the same? A hundred flowers sprung from a single root ... the love a man feels only for one other in all the world will teach him, at length, love of all others, of all the world.' Or, as someone else put it, you ain't got nothin' if you ain't got love. Do you got that, grey pilgrim?"

They have not spoken since.

Amor -- PL 13

Abilities:
STR
8 | STA 10 | AGL 5 | DEX 5 | FGT 4 | INT 4 | AWE 5 | PRE 10

Powers:
Ascendant: Immortality 5 (one day), Only When On Home Plane; Immunity 1 (aging); Movement 1 (dimensional travel to home plane), Reaction (death); Movement 2 (dimensional travel to mystical dimensions), Standard Action - 10 points
Divine Body: Immunity 10 (life support); Insubstantial 4, Standard Action; Impervious Toughness 10 - 20 points
Divine Mind: Impervious Will 12, Limited to Mental Effects; Senses 7 (vision counters all concealment, vision counters illusions) - 13 points
High Sorcery: Array (39 points)
  • Binding: Perception Range Affliction 13 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Will; Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobile), Extra Condition, Limited Degree - 39 points
  • Dazzle: Perception Range Burst Area Affliction 13 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Visually Impaired, Visually Disabled, Visually Unaware), Limited to One Sense - 1 point
  • Hallucination: Illusion 12 (all senses), Limited to One Target, Resistible by Will - 1 point
  • Infatuation: Perception Range Affliction 13 (Resisted by Will; Dazed, Stunned, Transformed [to be in love with the first entity seen]) - 1
  • Pain: Perception Range Damage 9, Resisted by Will, Insidious, Subtle 2 - 1 point
  • Portal: Accurate Extended Teleport 13 (8000 miles), Extended Only - 1 point
  • Sight: Cumulative Mind Reading 12, Subtle 2 - 1 point
Many Faces: Concealment 10; Morph 4 (any form) - 40 points
Sense Immortal: Senses 2 (ranged detect immortal) - 2 points

Power Stunt:
Animation: Summon 9, Active, Broad (animated object)

Advantages:
Attractive 2, Daze (Deception), Defensive Roll, Equipment 4, Fascinate (Persuasion), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-Trades, Multilingual, Ritualist, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge.

Equipment:
Home Plane: Size Gargantuan; Toughness 16; Features Communications, Concealed, Defense System, Grounds, Isolated, Library, Living Space, Power System, Personnel, Security System (DC 30) - 20 points.

Skills:
Deception 6 (+16), Expertise: Magic 6 (+16), Insight 10 (+15), Perception 9 (+14), Persuasion 6 (+16), Sleight of Hand 9 (+14), Stealth 10 (+15).

Offense:
Initiative +9
Unarmed +4 (Close Damage 8)
Binding -- (Perception Range Affliction 13, Resisted by Dodge)
Dazzle -- (Perception Range Fortitude 13, Resisted by Fortitude)
Infatuation -- (Perception Range Will 13)
Pain -- (Perception Range Damage 9, Resisted by Will)

Defense:
Dodge 12, Parry 10, Fortitude 9, Toughness 12/10, Will 13

Totals:
Abilities 102 + Powers 110 + Advantages 18 + Skills 28 + Defenses 20 = 298 points

Offensive PL: 13
Defensive PL: 12
Resistance PL: 11
Skill PL: 11

Complications:
Amusement--Motivation. Love (humanity, if not individual humans.) Secret (existence and identity.)

"Love people. Love yourself and love the world. It's only when we love things that we really, truly see them in their most lucid and perfect aspect; that we truly know them." -- Alan Moore's Writing for Comics.
Davies

Post by Davies »

And on that note, I'll be taking a break from this thread until sometime in January. All inquiries about this thread are welcome, as are suggestions for what you want to see next.
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

Not sure of any inquiries or suggestions just yet, as I fully process the latest, but scattered thoughts:

I'm always interested to learn about the cosmic history of the WitA/WLM, so Tiamat is fascinating.
As for Kusho, the Shēngxiào continue to emerge as a really interesting group.
The All-Traitor has a great name, and a fun concept. Dracula's UK is horrifying, but plenty of fun characters are emerging as you flesh it out.
The second Mechano is an interesting showcase for how characters are attempting to navigate living in the same universe as potential doppelgangers now.
Pelletier being burned into villainy is a nice down-to-earth example of day to day fragile egos and how agents can be corrupted without any evil force involved at all.
As for Hé Jiāháo, well, hell of a rock and a hard place but I'd read the comics series that follows his attempts to balance it all and get out to see Joey.
Shame about Rosemary being manipulated, but I like the anti-magic power set.
Current Setting Projects:
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Looks like i have a lot to catch up. Where should I read to learn about the big event?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Harnos wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:32 am Looks like i have a lot to catch up. Where should I read to learn about the big event?
It starts here, more or less, but you also might want to look here for all that happened in the year leading up to it.

Somewhat belated:
Commander Titan wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:42 am Shame about Rosemary being manipulated, but I like the anti-magic power set.
Thank you!
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Davies wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:43 pm
Harnos wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:32 am Looks like i have a lot to catch up. Where should I read to learn about the big event?
It starts here, more or less, but you also might want to look here for all that happened in the year leading up to it.

Somewhat belated:
Commander Titan wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:42 am Shame about Rosemary being manipulated, but I like the anti-magic power set.
Thank you!
Thanks. I checked few backgrounds. I liked how Hadron's hatred came to be. His damage output is really high, biggest trade-off I've seen, excluding kaijus. Billy Zane's delusion is funny in a good way. I also very much liked ancient astronaut touch on Olympians and it connects nicely with Titan war.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Merry Christmas! As a present from me, please have a revised index.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Merry Christmas, Davies!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Merry Christmas.
Davies

The Red Queen (Villain)

Post by Davies »

The Red Queen

Little is definitely known about the background of the superpower mercenary known as the Red Queen, who goes by the alias Reina Rouge in her civilian life. She is the product of Projet Achille, a post-Cerebron super-soldier program devised by the French government intended to recapture the nominal success of an earlier program. Of the five successes of this program (out of a hundred candidates) she is the only one still alive and active, and has a long-term contract with certain elements of the French security apparatus to occasionally perform black ops for them and never act against their interests.

When not needed, this soldier of fortune is at liberty to seek other employment, having worked for a variety of interests, both legal and illegal. The Red Queen has accumulated considerable wealth over the last two decades, and thanks to this and her inhuman charisma, she is frequently seen traveling among the elite, especially when she scents opportunity among them. Her instincts for that verge on being a superpower themselves.

Soon after she made her debut, the Red Queen found herself opposed by la Belle and la Bête. It was the most exciting experience of her life; she would later claim that she had chosen to take the risks of volunteering for the project in order to become like these two, whom she had admired as a child. While whatever idealism had lain behind that had long since been abandoned, she still respected these two, and the fight with them was exhilarating beyond words. She lost, and was arrested, but her connections had her out before the sun rose. And best of all, she would be able to fight the two of them again, and again, and again ...

At some point, she realized that she was in love with them. Both of them, at the same time. That they never answered the blatant signals she was giving them was rather annoying, but her fascination with them never curdled into hatred, no matter how often they fought. But she felt regret that she was getting older and they never would.

Quite recently, the Red Queen found herself drawn into the events known as the Anachronic Calamity, and fighting to save reality. It was much more of a do-gooder thing than she normally did, but it was exciting. In the process, however, she learned more than she expected to know about the origins and true nature of her usual sparring partners. Learning that la Belle and la Bête were artificial intelligences imprinted on a succession of human host bodies by a nanotech virus should have horrified her.

It fascinated her, and now she has a goal beyond simply gaining wealth. She intends to become the same sort of being as the two of them, so that the three of them can go on as they have for the rest of time. The cost in lives that this will demand means absolutely nothing to her.

The Red Queen -- PL 9

Abilities:
STR
3 | STA 4 | AGL 4 | DEX 5 | FGT 7 | INT 3 | AWE 5 | PRE 8

Powers:
Super-Speed: Leaping 3 (60 feet); Speed 3 (16 MPH) - 6 points
Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 4, Limited to lifting (3 tons) - 4 points

Advantages:
Assessment, Attractive 2, Benefit 5 (cipher 2, millionaire), Connected, Contacts, Daze 2 (Deception, Intimidation), Defensive Roll, Equipment 4, Fascinate (Persuasion), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 4, Redirect, Skill Mastery (Deception, Intimidation, Persuasion), Startle, Taunt.

Equipment:
Knives (Strength-based Damage 2, Improved Critical, Split Attack) and 16 points of equipment as needed.

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat: Knife 6 (+13), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+10), Deception 5 (+13), Expertise: High Society 9 (+12), Expertise: Military 6 (+9), Expertise: Streetwise 8 (+11), Insight 7 (+12), Intimidation 5 (+13), Investigation 8 (+11), Perception 4 (+9), Persuasion 5 (+13), Sleight of Hand 4 (+9), Stealth 8 (+12), Technology 6 (+9), Vehicles 3 (+8).

Offense:
Initiative +8
Unarmed +10 (Close Damage 3)
Knives +13 (Close Damage 5, Crit 19-20)

Defense:
Dodge 9, Parry 10, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6/4, Will 9.

Totals:
Abilities 78 + Powers 10 + Advantages 23 + Skills 49 + Defenses 14 = 174 points

Offensive PL: 9
Defensive PL: 8
Resistance PL: 8
Skill PL: 8

Complications:
Mercenary--Motivation. Romantic Fixation (la Belle et la Bete.) Secret Identity.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

You know, I had been wondering when Thespian's influence would show up. Welcome to 2023, World In The Aftermath.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Davies

Salamon (Neutral)

Post by Davies »

Salamon

In the World More Sorcerous, the art of imbuing the power of magic into ink, that it might be activated by reading the words written with that ink, is so ancient that only the Ascendants know when it was invented. The technique of using that ink to create body art that binds magic into flesh is comparatively more recent, having been discovered some two centuries ago in the now-fallen kingdom of Thacelion. The mage and general reprobate known as Salamon is a descendant of refugees from Thacelion who settled in Tohrukin, but his career as an adventurer has taken him far afield -- though never as far as the journey in recent months.

Stumbling onto a time portal that linked the era of the World More Sorcerous to the present day -- one of a handful created by the effects of the Anachronic Calamity -- Salamon initially found himself amazed and bewildered by the transition from one era to another. Utterly lost, he engaged in what he considered acceptable banditry in order to keep himself fed, expecting to be declared an outlaw and executed out of hand by the authorities. When he was ultimately captured after momentarily exhausting his supply of bound elementals, he was startled to be taken into custody and imprisoned, with one his jailers informing him that he would be enjoying "the hospitality of the state" for some time to come.

While not by any stretch of the imagination a lawfully-minded individual, Salamon takes hospitality extremely seriously, both the obligations of a guest and a host. The former meant that he had to be on his best behavior while in the place that his hosts called "jail", even though he found it extremely confusing. After using his gifts to prevent damage to the place by other "guests" who clearly did not honor their obligations, his hosts began asking him certain questions that he did his best to answer, which eventually led to his interview by representatives of something called called Argus. Eventually, the time came for him to leave his hosts, after giving his parole that he would avoid such behaviors in the future.

Salamon certainly intends to try to keep that promise, but recognizes that life has its own plans. His primary goal is to learn all that he can from this new world, the better to use that knowledge to his own benefit (and possibly that of others) in his own when he finds a way back. He has grasped that most things here are done through the application of natural principles, rather than supernatural ones, but also realizes that the supernatural is known and coming into greater prominence in this era, and this excites his interest greatly. In particular, he has not yet learned how to bind metal or plant elementals to himself, and would be most interested in adding that knowledge to his arsenal.

His current interest is in reports of a group of extremely powerful but free-willed elementals who have recently made themselves known, and has been encouraged by his acquaintances in Argus to learn all that he can about them ... and possibly bind them to his will, if need be.

Salamon -- PL 11

Abilities:
STR
0 | STA 2 | AGL 1 | DEX 2 | FGT 3 | INT 3 | AWE 4 | PRE 6

Powers:
Elemental Bolts: Ranged Damage 8, Split Attack, Variable (elemental) - 18 points
Gate Talisman: Accurate Extended Only Teleport 1 (2 miles); Removable (-0 points) - 3 points
Mystical Awareness: Senses 3 (acute radius mystic awareness) - 3 points
Sorcerous Tattoos: Array (56 points)
  • Defensive Enchantment: Flight 3 (16 MPH); Linked Enhanced Defenses 8 (Dodge 4, Parry 4); Linked Sustained Impervious Protection 12; Subtle, Dynamic* - 2 points
  • Summoned Familiar I: Summon 6, Active, Broad, Controlled, Mental Link, Dynamic - 2 points
  • Summoned Familiars II: Summon 6, Active, Broad, Controlled, Mental Link, Multiple Minions (2 elementals), Dynamic - 2 points
  • Summoned Familiars III: Summon 6, Active, Broad, Controlled, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 2 (4 elementals), Dynamic - 56 points
Advantages:
Assessment, Attractive, Benefit (cipher), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Inspire 2, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Ritualist, Startle, Trance.

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+6), Deception 3 (+9), Expertise: Magic 6 (+12), Expertise: Survival 6 (+9), Expertise: Warfare 4 (+7), Intimidation 5 (+11), Insight 5 (+9), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+9), Ranged Combat: Magic 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+7).

Offense:
Initiative +5
Unarmed +3 (Close Damage 0)
Elemental Bolt +10 (Ranged Damage 8)

Defense:
Dodge 8/4, Parry 7/3, Fortitude 5, Toughness 14/2, Will 11.

Totals:
Abilities 42 + Powers 86 + Advantages 14 + Skills 28 + Defenses 13 = 183 points

Offensive PL: 9
Defensive PL: 11
Resistance PL: 8
Skill PL: 7

Complications:
Discovery--Motivation. Honorable (particularly respects hospitality.) Somewhat Literal-Minded. Unfamiliar with Technology or the Modern World.

* If Summoned Familiar I is active, becomes Flight 2, Enhanced Defenses 4 and Sustained Impervious Protection 6, Subtle; if Summoned Familiar II is active, becomes Flight 1, Enhanced Defenses 2 and Sustained Impervious Protection 3, Subtle; if Summoned Familiars III is in use, Defensive Enchantment is unavailable.

Typical Air Elemental -- PL 6/MR 6

Abilities:
STR
1 | STA 2 | AGL 1 | DEX 4 | FGT 2 | INT -2 | AWE 2 | PRE 0

Powers:
Elemental: Immunity 7 (cold, disease, heat, poison, pressure, radiation, starvation & thirst) - 7 points
Gaseous Form: Visual Concealment 4, Partial; Flight 5 (60 MPH); Permanent Insubstantial 2 - 24 points
Wind Push: Damaging Move Object 5, Accurate - 16 points

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Set-up

Offense:
Initiative +1
Wind Push +6 (Ranged Damage 5)

Defense:
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 4, Toughness 4/2, Will 6

Totals:
Abilities 20 + Powers 47 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 19 = 90 points

Typical Earth Elemental -- PL 6/MR 6

Abilities:
STR
7 | STA 2 | AGL 1 | DEX 2 | FGT 4 | INT -2 | AWE 2 | PRE 0

Powers:
Earth Form: Burrowing 6 (4 MPH); Immunity 5 (entrapment); Impervious Protection 6; Movement 2 (Permeate), Limited to Earth; Regeneration 10, Source (Contact with natural earth) - 30 points
Elemental: Immunity 10 (life support) - 10 points
Tremorsense: Senses 6 (extended ranged penetrates concealment touch) - 6 points

Advantages:
Chokehold, Close Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Grab.

Offense:
Initiative +1
Unarmed +5 (Close Damage 7)

Defense:
Dodge 3, Parry 4, Fortitude 4, Toughness 8, Will 6

Totals:
Abilities 32 + Powers 46 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 8 = 90 points

Typical Fire Elemental -- PL 6/MR 6

Abilities:
STR
1 | STA 2 | AGL 1 | DEX 4 | FGT 2 | INT -2 | AWE 2 | PRE 0

Powers:
Elemental: Immunity 5 (disease, heat, poison, pressure, radiation) - 5 points
Flame Blast: Ranged Damage 8 - 16 points
Flame Form: Flight 5 (60 MPH); Immunity 5 (fire damage); Permanent Insubstantial 3, Permanent - 30 points

Advantages:
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative

Offense:
Initiative +5
Wind Push +4 (Ranged Damage 8)

Defense:
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 4, Toughness 4/2, Will 6

Totals:
Abilities 20 + Powers 51 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 14 = 90 points

Typical Water Elemental -- PL 6/MR 6

Abilities:
STR
5 | STA 2 | AGL 1 | DEX 2 | FGT 4 | INT -2 | AWE 3 | PRE 0

Powers:
Elemental: Immunity 7 (disease, drowning, poison, pressure, radiation, starvation & thirst, vaccuum) - 7 points
Tremorsense: Senses 6 (extended ranged penetrates concealment touch), Limited, Only in liquid - 3 points
Water Bolt: Ranged Damage 6, Accurate 2, Tiring - 8 points
Water Form: Visual Concealment 4, Only in liquid; Permanent Insubstantial 1; Movement 1 (slithering); Protection 6; Regeneration 10, Source (Water); Swimming 7 (60 MPH) - 29 points

Advantages:
Chokehold, Close Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Grab.

Offense:
Initiative +1
Unarmed +5 (Close Damage 5)

Defense:
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude 5, Toughness 8, Will 6

Totals:
Abilities 30 + Powers 47 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 10 = 90 points
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

I'm digging these new developments for the Primals and possible rogues like Salamon above.
Current Setting Projects: