The World In The Aftermath (Formerly A World Less Magical)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: The World In The Aftermath (Formerly A World Less Magical)

Post by Davies »

Joey Bazooka

Even in the ranks of Project Mayhem -- once the youth wing of what was a united metasupremacist movement, now just one of many factions -- information about their leader is on a need-to-know basis, with the final hazing ritual for "probies" being the moment that they are told that the great leader goes by the ops moniker Joey Bazooka. Laughing, at that moment, is ill-advised. Even after they learn this secret, they are unlikely to meet the brilliant strategist who will lead them to victory, nor learn much about him beyond rumors.

The few members who have survived long enough to be considered comrades in the struggle have been trusted with the truth. The man called Joey Bazooka is a time traveler from a future only a few short decades away, when simply possessing superpowers is an illegal act and using them for any purpose a capital crime. In a desperate attempt to prevent this, Joey Bazooka stole a time machine and traveled back to the last moment before this nightmarish future became inevitable, and joined forces with Hadron to prevent it from coming to pass. Hadron charged Joey Bazooka to begin training the younger members of the movement to fight the war that was coming, so that this time it would end in victory for the Coming Race.

All of that is lies. He was born Josef Ivanovich Novikoff in Samara, fifty-four years ago. During basic training for the Red Army, he was identified as a superpower and promptly transferred to the SNM, then under the command of Remontnik. Any excitement he might have felt about this elite assignment faded when it became apparent that his only power was the ability to generate an energy field around himself that afforded him no real protection beyond whatever concealment it granted. Novikoff took full advantage of the cybernetics program that the SNM offered to enhance himself so that he had the power that he had even then dreamed about.

Eventually, however, the Soviet Union fell, the Assembly was shut down and Novikoff was transferred to a different branch of the security apparatus, which involved duties that were both boring and unlikely to lead to his advancement. On the other hand, it had plenty of opportunities for corruption, which he, again, exploited for all that they were worth, less to enrich himself than to ensure that he had enough money to keep his cybernetics at the state of the art or as close to it as he could manage. By 2005, though, he was forced to flee from this existence rather than be apprehended, ironically by a certain FSB agent who would go on to follow in his footsteps.

Embarking on the life of a mercenary supervillain, Novikoff (then going by the alias шифр, or Cipher) found the work more enjoyable, but no less frustrating in its prospects than his work for the government had been. Every time he attempted to put together something big, it would be torn down, either by obnoxious superheroes or villainous rivals. While it was easy to blame others for these failures, he began to suspect that they actually came from some lack in himself, something he was missing that would allow him to enter the big leagues, and started to examine those who were already there. The subject who attracted his immediate attention was Hadron and the metasupremacist movement.

By 2013, he had come up with a plan that he thought might work. Having changed his appearance so as to be unrecognizable, he came to the assistance of a group of metasupremacists and demanded to be taken to see Hadron. He was subsequently amused by the incredible naïveté that the movement demonstrated when it came to operational security, for he was simply brought to see the man he wanted to see -- no attempt to hide his location, no mind probes, nothing! Regardless, he gave his speech to the man in charge.

Hadron was not fooled in the slightest, but he also could not be bothered to expose the fraud. He did not give "Joey Bazooka" any assignment, but, again, did not contradict the new recruit when the latter claimed to be building an army for the movement. Since Bazooka did seem to have a certain talent for organizing these matters, it was best to just let him do so. It was unlikely that they could be any real threat to Hadron, but they might be a serious threat to the enemies of the movement.

Hadron is gone, now, and Joey Bazooka and Project Mayhem still exist. Their goal remains the same -- to prevent the dark future from coming to pass. (Actually to gain power and wealth -- still used mostly to keep his cyberware at the cutting edge.) Anything is acceptable in pursuit of that goal. (That part is true.)

Joey Bazooka -- PL 10

Abilities:
STR
5 | STA 4 | AGL 4 | DEX 3 | FGT 7 | INT 4 | AWE 4 | PRE 4

Powers:
Aura of Power: Visual Concealment 4, Partial, Passive - 2 points
Blaster Cannon: Array (20 points); Easily Removable (-8 points)
  • Blast Setting: Ranged Damage 10 - 20 points
  • Bright Setting: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Visually Impaired, Visually Disabled, Visually Unaware), Limited to one sense - 1 point
Cyber Eye: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Aim, Precise Shot [ranged, cover]); Senses 2 (darkvision) - 4 points

Advantages:
Assessment, Benefit 2 (cipher 2), Daze (Intimidation), Equipment 5, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improvised Tools, Jack-of-all-Trades, Ranged Attack 3, Well-informed.

Equipment:
"Power Truncheon" (Strength-based Damage 4), Body Armor (Protection 4), and 17 points of equipment as needed.

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+9), Close Combat: Truncheon 4 (+11), Deception 8 (+12), Expertise: Military 7 (+11), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+10), Investigation 5 (+9), Perception 5 (+9), Ranged Combat: Blaster 4 (+7), Stealth 5 (+9), Technology 5 (+9).

Offense:
Initiative +8
Unarmed +7 (Close Damage 5)
Truncheon +11 (Close Damage 9)
Blast Setting +10 (Ranged Damage 10)
Bright Setting -- (Burst Area Affliction 10)

Defense:
Dodge 9, Parry 11, Fortitude 7, Toughness 8/4, Will 7

Totals:
Abilities 70 + Powers 19 + Advantages 20 + Skills 29 + Defenses 15 = 153 points

Offensive PL: 10
Defensive PL: 10
Resistance PL: 7
Skill PL: 7

Complications:
Power--Motivation. Electrical (becomes Dazed, Stunned, and Incapacitated by Nullify Technology.) Secrets (not really a time traveler, much less powerful, etcetera.) Temper.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

Interesting. You could have heroes expose him, and then see if his own followers turn on him, or adopt his own pragmatic cold criminal interests going forwards. The scene where the leader of the Fraternity in Wanted (the movie, not the comic) asks them all to choose between their "mission" and their own self-interest comes to mind.
Current Setting Projects:
Davies

Post by Davies »

As things stand now, the majority of Project Mayhem outside of his inner circle would turn on him, but said inner circle are some of the most powerful members of the group (PL9s instead of PL8s and under.)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Andon Viernes

There was never any question that Andon Viernes was going to follow his parents into the private military of the corporation that employed them both. Some people might have rebelled against those expectations, but Andon found them comforting. Predictability was like warm bread in the morning, where the unexpected tasted like shortages of the same. So he enlisted as soon as he completed basic education, roughly seventeen years of age as they had measured things before the Sprawl became the Sprawl.

Viernes flourished in the military, quickly testing into drone operations school and receiving the implants that would allow him to control the pilotless aircraft and see the world remotely. Unlike many of his fellow pilots -- too many, in his view -- he was not content to just focus on these operations and let his body go to waste. He kept in shape and practiced the old-fashioned military skills as well, learning how to fight personally instead of just remotely. His willingness to go the extra mile and ability to understand and obey orders while also working well within the unit ensured that he was promoted to command it before he was half-way through his twenties.

A few months after that, though, tragedy struck. While the unit was working off-world, they were ambushed and overrun by the giant insects that dominated this planet. Viernes tried every trick he knew to keep his teammates alive, only to see them all fail, with him alone left to tell the tale, even managing to get to the gateway before it collapsed. But worse was to come, for Viernes discovered that they had been betrayed, set up to be fed to the insects by one of their commanders who was defecting to a different corp.

His belief that his superiors could always be trusted to work for the benefit of the company destroyed by this, Viernes went rogue, destroying his corporate identity and escaping into the Sprawl. There, he put his skills to use for his own benefit as a shadow operative, supporting teams with whom he could avoid developing close bonds. It was rarely easy, and he found himself getting used to that taste of shortages instead of warm bread in the morning, but he could take pride in what he did again.

Like many people in the Sprawl, Viernes spent a few hours staring up in stupefied amazement after the moment when the forever night of the city ended with the appearance of a brightly glowing sun in the sky. That was a month ago, though, and he has gotten used to the fact that the more things changed, the more they stayed the same. Most of the jobs he has taken in recent days come from Pendrake and Wilmarth and are directed at tearing down the corps. He keeps an emotional distance from this, affecting to only be in it for the money rather than any political opinions. Only he knows whether that is feigned.

Andon strives to keep a strictly professional outlook, but there are a few gaps in that façade. Having suffered from a betrayal, he absolutely despises traitors even if they happen to be betraying a target to him. Such individuals can expect only cold contempt at best, with a shot in the head if matters go sideways. While he has never sought out the superior who was responsible for the disaster, viewing revenge as pointless, he would likely change his tune if fate threw them together. Finally, despite recognizing that they were simply opponents, he retains a fair amount of fear and hatred for Tanelorn and its operatives. How professional he will remain if events force him into working alongside such individuals remains to be seen.

Andon Viernes -- PL 7

Abilities:
STR
1 | STA 2 | AGL 2 | DEX 3 | FGT 3 | INT 4 | AWE 3 | PRE 3

Powers:
Drones: Summon Drone 4, Controlled, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 2, Responsive, Removable (-6 points) - 27 points
Sense Link: Remote Sensing 5 (auditory, visual; 30 miles), Medium (a drone), Simultaneous; Senses 2 (extended low-light vision), Only when remote sensing - 16 points

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit (alternative identity), Contacts, Defensive Roll, Equipment 5, Evasion, Improved Aim, Improved Trip, Improvised Tools, Leadership, Quick Draw.

Equipment:
Blaster Pistol (Ranged Damage 5), Concealed Body armor (Protection 2, Subtle), and 12 points of equipment as needed

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+7), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise: Military 4 (+8), Expertise: Streetwise 2 (+6), Intimidation 2 (+5), Investigation 2 (+6), Perception 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Blaster 4 (+7), Technology 5 (+9).

Offense:
Initiative +2
Unarmed +7 (Close Damage 1)
Blaster Pistol +7 (Ranged Damage 5)

Defense:
Dodge 8, Parry 7, Fortitude 4, Toughness 6/4/2, Will 6

Totals:
Abilities 42 + Powers 43 + Advantages 16 + Skills 17 + Defenses 15 = 133 points

Offensive PL: 6
Defensive PL: 7
Resistance PL: 5
Skill PL: 4

Complications:
Survival--Motivation. Hatred/Fear (Tanelorn) No Mercy for Traitors. Professional (stays bought.) Revenge.

Drone -- PL 4/MR 4

Abilities:
STR
0 | STA -- | AGL 0 | DEX 1 | FGT 0 | INT -- | AWE 0 | PRE --

Powers:
Cameras: Feature (camera); Senses 2 (extended low-light vision) - 3 points
Hoverjets: Flight 5 (60 MPH), Subtle - 11 points
Miniguns: Ranged Multiattack Damage 3, Accurate 2 - 11 points
Robot: Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects); Impervious Toughness 5; Permanent Shrinking 4 (-1 Strength, -2 Intimidation, +2 Dodge, +2 Parry, +4 Stealth), Innate - 45 points

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Precise Shot (Ranged/Cover), Teamwork

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+8), Stealth 4 (+8).

Offense:
Initiative +4
Unarmed +0 (Close Damage 0)
Miniguns +5 (Ranged Multiattack Damage 3)

Defense:
Dodge 3, Parry 3, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 5, Will --

Totals:
Abilities -26 + Powers 70 + Skills 6 + Advantages 5 + Defenses 2 = 57 points

Complications:
Programming--Motivation. Cannot Speak. No Manipulators.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Hmm. It occurs to me at last that the Sprawl is basically Shadowrun/Cyberpunk in tone and genre. I am very late, I know. :sweat_smile:
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Davies

Post by Davies »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:12 pm Hmm. It occurs to me at last that the Sprawl is basically Shadowrun/Cyberpunk in tone and genre. I am very late, I know. :sweat_smile:
Yup. Rotate this about 90 degrees counter-clockwise, and you've pretty much got its current map. Andon was specifically suggested by the Drone Rigger chapter of the recently released Shadowcast book for the former and the drone attack scene in Gotham Knights.
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

Is Gotham Knights any good? I admit I don't play my PlayStation much anymore, I did enjoy Arkham Knight on the whole even if it went a little too grim, a little too "Batman can't have good relations anybody", and a little too (Plot Spoilers)
Spoiler
retreading the Red Hood
for my tastes.

As for the Sprawl - it is interesting to see how The World in the Aftermath is changing with these new super-polities emerging, including how they react to one another!
Current Setting Projects:
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Davies wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:21 am
EternalPhoenix wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:12 pm Hmm. It occurs to me at last that the Sprawl is basically Shadowrun/Cyberpunk in tone and genre. I am very late, I know. :sweat_smile:
Yup. Rotate this about 90 degrees counter-clockwise, and you've pretty much got its current map. Andon was specifically suggested by the Drone Rigger chapter of the recently released Shadowcast book for the former and the drone attack scene in Gotham Knights.
I looked at the picture. I read his write up. And my brain was like "That's a got dang Rigger! Wait a minute...is the Sprawl...Shadowrunland?" :mrgreen:
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Commander Titan wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:47 am Is Gotham Knights any good?
As a game, it is apparently terrible; as a story, exploring these characters in a way that the comics never could, it's kind of awesome.* There is a huge amount of love for the DCU in this thing, perhaps best represented by the way that it's offhandedly mentioned that a certain big blue Boy Scout (who also gives an incredibly moving e-mail eulogy for Bruce) is watching over Bludhaven while Dick Grayson is busy with Gotham. I don't play action RPGs, I just enjoy watching other people do so. (And I just plain love the cover of La Vida Loca on its soundtrack.)

* Though fans of Talia will hate it like poison.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Niamh Monaghan

The first thing you need to know is that her name is pronounced "NEEV maw-na-GAN". (Not maw-na-HAN".) The second is that she is quite sensitive about mispronunciations of her name. Under most circumstances, she will choose to let the insult slide, but she will never forget. Given the opportunity, though, she will correct the error while also breaking as many bones as she thinks will reinforce the understanding of whatever poor person made the mistake. She usually thinks she needs to break more bones than she actually needs.

When Mercedes Blaze was given her current assignment to spy on the Sprawl, she gave considerable thought to which of her stable of operatives she would take with her. Niamh was the first name on the list, less for her physical abilities -- which are considerable and extremely useful -- than for their source in mysticism and her knowledge of magic. The preliminary research that Blaze had undertaken suggested that the Sprawl had no magic whatsoever, rendering such abilities an outside context problem to them, which would be a most exploitable weakness.

Niamh was presumably born in the county for which she is named, as she was found as an infant of about four months age on the steps of the cathedral in the county town shortly after the assault by Cerebron. Taken in by a local family, it soon became clear that she possessed strength far beyond that of other children. Her foster parents sought assistance from a local cunning man, who taught Niamh a set of rituals which would allow her to control her strength so that she could live as a relatively normal person.

Finding her to be reasonably quick-witted, as she entered her early teens, her mentor also gave her an education in the basics of his trade so that she could act as a gofer for him. He sent her all over Ireland -- which to her mind includes the Six Counties -- on various "quests" that often involved doing violence unto people who owed him money or services. It was interesting and exciting work, and she began to develop a reputation as someone who should be respected, something she had never had before. It proved somewhat addictive, and any sign of disrespect for herself came to be answered with violence.

Unfortunately, at seventeen, the good times came to an end when she returned from one such expedition to find her mentor dead in a fire that consumed her home. Lacking much in the way of investigative abilities, she had no clear idea of who might have done this. (Mercedes, who does have such abilities, has concluded that her mentor was assassinated by agents of Axiom.) She was about to engage in a suicide run against his known enemies when she found herself contacted by Mercedes Blaze for the first time, and given a new job.

Having worked for Mercedes for nearly four years, Niamh finds the work she is asked to do even more interesting and exciting, and enjoys earning what she considers to be appropriate respect in new regions, such as the Sprawl. She would never consider betraying Mercedes, as she believes that they have a strong bond based on mutual respect. She is wrong about that. She is also wrong about the ritual she performs every morning as soon as she wakes up, which she believes is necessary to activate her abilities. It is entirely psychosomatic ... and may be holding her back from developing her full strength.

Niamh Monaghan - PL 8

Abilities:
STR
8/3| STA 6/2| AGL 4 | DEX 3 | FGT 8/4 | INT 1 | AWE 4 | PRE 1

Powers:
Healing Factor: Enhanced Stamina 4; Immunity 2 (disease, poison); Impervious Toughness 6; Regeneration 10 - 28 points
Tremendous Strength: Enhanced Fighting 4; Enhanced Strength 5; Enhanced Strength 3 (50 tons), Limited to lifting - 21 points

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Precise Attack (close/concealment), Takedown, Ultimate Effort (Toughness).

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 4 (+12/+7), Expertise: Magic 6 (+7), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 10 (+11), Perception 5 (+9), Ranged Combat: Thrown 5 (+8).

Offense:
Initiative +4
Unarmed +8/+4 (Close Damage 8/3)

Defense:
Dodge 8, Parry 10/6, Fortitude 8/4, Toughness 6/2, Will 6

Offensive PL: 8
Defensive PL: 8
Skill PL: 7

Totals:
Abilities 44 + Powers 47 + Advantages 9 + Skills 20 + Defenses 10 = 121 points

Complications:
Duty--Motivation. Craves Respect. Power Loss (all, failure to perform daily ceremony.)

Note: It has been noted that Niamh bears something of a resemblance to Gloria Sylvester, aka Gloriana. She is not aware of this.
Davies

Post by Davies »

And tomorrow we turn away from the Sprawl to explore a different world within the world ...
EternalPhoenix

Re: A World Less Magical But No Less Fantastic

Post by EternalPhoenix »

EternalPhoenix wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:44 am EXCITE
^
Davies

Post by Davies »

The Saknussen Caverns

Arne Saknussen was an Icelandic scholar and reputed alchemist, born around 1512 and disappeared from the historical record around 1573. (Jules Verne, or possibly his editor, represented his name as Saknussemm.) If in his own writings he claimed to have discovered a passage to the center of the Earth, all such claims were lost when his entire corpus was burnt during the height of the Icelandic witch hunt, roughly a hundred years after he vanished. Nevertheless, Professor Otto Lidenbrock and his nephew Axel Blumbardt, along with their guide Hans Bjelke, were able to follow a trail of markings left by him in the great system of caverns that lie beneath the Atlantic Ocean and parts of Europe.

Their expedition was declared a fraud at the time, and it would not be until nearly a decade after the publication of their account, translated and somewhat expanded upon by Verne, that a second successful expedition would demonstrate that there was indeed such a region accessible through a passage through Snæfellsjökull. There had been a handful of unsuccessful expeditions in that decade, which further contributed to the poor posthumous reputation of Professor Lidenbrock, as did his claims to have sighted dinosaurs (and giant humanoids) in the caverns. As the second journey, and subsequent expeditions would demonstrate, while there are large animals dwelling within the caverns, and the LIdenbrock Sea, they are examples of species present in the current geological age.

Or they were, prior to the arrival of travelers from the future, as when Bruce Rutherford arranged for the arrival of several groups of morlocks, eloi, and certain other species native to the far distant future of Earth. They have been fruitful and multiplied in this region, with the morlocks in particular adapting to their new environment and changing it to better suit themselves. This change in circumstances has cause a considerable cultural shift among the morlocks, with some communities abandoning their husbandry of the eloi in favor of pursuing other prey. (Others continue the practice and tend to be rather self-righteous about it.) The eloi remain largely unaffected by any of this and uninterested in making any changes.

Because of the difficulty and danger of exploring the caverns, expeditions tended to take place no more than once or twice per decade prior to the establishment of the Morrison Institute. Explorers working for the latter have made numerous attempts to explore and chart it, with a particular interest in discovering possible links to other subterranean realms beneath North America and Asia. Argus has often provided protective services for such expeditions, and established a safehouse in one region of the caverns that contained an experimental teleporter, to allow for a quick exit from them in case of disaster.

Following the recent exposure of Anna Rothery and several other traitorous agents associated with her, Argus engaged in a great deal of housecleaning, changing access codes to many of its facilities to limit the future damage these rogues could do. As part of this effort, the teleporter mechanism linking the New York headquarters of Argus was also reset, requiring the dispatch of a team to the safehouse in the caverns, to reset the codes on the other end while also checking on the facilities. They understandably did not expect to discover a young woman residing within those facilities!

After she had incapacitated four of the five members of the team, the last conscious survivor was able to convince her of his lack of hostile intentions and calm the mysterious individual, who had not spoken a word during the minute that this all took. While the agent suspected that he might be dealing with a feral child, he was disabused of that notion. While not speaking, she apparently understood spoken English and was able to write a word that she indicated should be used as her name in the dust on the floor -- Argun. The agent noted a damaged poster on the wall that might have read "Argus Security, North American Division" at one point, and developed a hypothesis about the origin of her name.

When the rest of the team recovered, they were able to convince Argun to accompany them back to Argus headquarters to have a medical examination. This confirmed that she was apparently a superpowered human being, but was unfortunately cut short when the Director General arrived and took a look at her. "Joanna?" he gasped, using the name of his first-born daughter, dead since 1942. She responded to this with a panicked shriek and escaped from the infirmary, making her way back to the teleporter and from there back to the Caverns, having apparently memorized the access code from having seen it used once.

All attempts to find to find Argun and clarify her origins have failed. She is apparently known to the eloi who make their homes in the area near the safehouse, but they have been predictably no help in discovering her whereabouts. It is possible that the nearby morlocks might know more, but they are extraordinarily suspicious of outsiders, having had an extremely poor first contact with Morrison-backed explorers who believed that they still practice "husbandry" of the eloi. (As far as is known, they do not.)

Argun -- PL 9
Image by Glee-chan.

Abilities:
STR
2 | STA 4 | AGL 6 | DEX 6 | FGT 7 | INT 1 | AWE 3 | PRE 2

Powers:
Mobility: Leaping 2 (30 feet); Movement 6 (safe-fall, sure-footed 2, swinging, wall-crawling), Limited to natural environments; Speed 2 (8 MPH); Swimming 1 (2 MPH) - 17 points

Advantages:
Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Attractive, Chokehold, Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Evasion, Fearless, Grabbing Finesse, Great Endurance, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Startle, Tracking.

Equipment:
Knife (Strength-based Damage 1)

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+11), Athletics 10 (+12), Close Combat: Knife 3 (+10), Expertise: Survival 12 (+13), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion 5 (+7), Sleight of Hand 6 (+12), Stealth 3 (+9).

Offense:
Initiative +10
Unarmed +7 (Close Damage 2)
Knife +10 (Close Damage 3).

Defense:
Dodge 12, Parry 10, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6/4, Will 7.

Totals:
Abilities 62 + Powers 17 + Advantages 18 + Skills 32 + Defenses 15 = 144 points

Offensive PL: 7
Defensive PL: 9
Skill PL: 8

Complications:
Survival--Motivation. Nonverbal (but literate.) Unfamiliar With Modern Technology or Culture.

Morlocks -- PL 4/MR 3

Abilities:
STR
-2 | STA 1 | AGL 2 | DEX 2 | FGT 3 | INT 3 | AWE 0 | PRE 0

Powers:
Darkness Adapted: Senses 2 (darkvision) - 2 points
Healing Factor: Immunity 2 (disease, poison); Regeneration 2 - 4 points
Small Size: Permanent Shrinking 4 (3 feet; -1 Strength, +2 Dodge, +2 Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation), Innate - 5 points

Advantages:
Benefit (makes climbing checks with Agility.) Grappling Finesse, Improvised Tools, Teamwork.

Skills:
Expertise: Survival 2 (+5), Perception 4 (+4), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7), Stealth 2 (+8), Technology 3 (+6), Treatment 3 (+6)

Offense:
Initiative +2
Unarmed +3 (Close Damage -1)

Defense:
Dodge 4, Parry 5, Fortitude 4, Toughness 1, Will 4

Totals:
Abilities 16 + Powers 11 + Advantages 2 + Skills 9 + Defenses 7 = 45 points

Offensive PL: 3
Defensive PL: 3
Resistance PL: 4
Skill PL: 2

Complications:
Survival--Motivation. Fears Light. Suspicious.

Eloi (PL 1) are Bystanders with the Small Size power of the Morlocks. Some examples will have INT 0, Expertise: Survival and Perception skills, but most have INT -1 and no meaningful skills. Their motivation is Amusement, and most have the additional complications of Fears Darkness and Trusts Easily.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Hey, Gloriana had a kid (I assume)! Kiddiana. Good for her.

Too bad about the professional legbreaker part, but life turns out in funny ways like that.
Davies

Post by Davies »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:44 am Hey, Gloriana had a kid (I assume)! Kiddiana. Good for her.

Too bad about the professional legbreaker part, but life turns out in funny ways like that.
Don't it just?

All that I'll say right now is that if Niamh is Gloriana's daughter, then something a bit odd is going on, because she would have been born when the latter was about sixty years old. It may be a bit more likely that she is Gloria's granddaughter. Maybe.

And thank you!