Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no Hero Academia Update

Post by Ares »

He's got the Golden Glow!

"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
SolarOracle

Middle Schoolers

Post by SolarOracle »

Middle Schoolers

Group: Varies.
Base of Operations: Varies.

Power Level 0 - -4.5 Character Points

Abilities
Strength -1, Agility 0, Fighting 0, Awareness -1
Stamina 0, Dexterity 0, Intellect -1, Presence 0

Advantages
None.

Skills
Athletics 1
(+0 total).
Deception 1 (+1 total).
Persuasion 1 (+1 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed
+0, close damage -1

Defense
Dodge 0, Fortitude 0, Parry 0, Toughness 0, Will -1

Complications

None.

-6 Abilities, 0 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = -4.5 Character Points

About: A base build representing an average middle schooler with no dedicated hero training. A very simple PL 0 deal, slightly weaker than a normal adult civilian due to them not being fully developed, having a Strength of -1, and not really having the knowledge and fully developed brain of an adult, so also having Intellect and Awareness at -1. Quirk builds for individual characters seen throughout the series are included later in this post, a lot of which was massively helped by this viral YouTube video on the subject of Midoriya's classmates. Thanks random YouTube dudebro!

I should also probably note that these stats and powers seem to be able to grow pretty fast with enough dedicated training, as we see with Kirishima and Midoriya, and since a lot of these guys aspire to be heroes, it is very likely that currently in the series they would have much higher ability scores, who knows. This build is done assuming that most of them haven't gotten to training hard yet, and are about on par with some random middle schooler in terms of raw ability.

I highly and completely encourage people to use these for a gigantic Middle Schooler Battle Royale. Who cares about hero and villain battles anyways? This is where it's at, babyyyyyyyy!

Outfits: Most middle schoolers are required to wear their school's respective uniform while attending class, though that is not the case in all schools.

Smoke

Powers
Quirk - Smoke
Insubstantial 2 (Smoke). linked to Flight 1 (8 Km/h or 4 MpH). [12]

-6 Abilities, 12 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 7.5 Character Points

About: One of the students at Aldera Junior High, this kid seems able to transform into smoke.

I did build assuming that he is able to turn his whole body into smoke and fly around, instead of just his hands. This power has a lot of potential, all things considered, and he could have some cool affliction effects, like using his smoke to blind people, like Shirokumo did, or have them choke on it.

Rock Armor

Powers
Quirk - Rock Armor
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 2, Sustained). [6]

Cover Fists With Rocks: Feature 2: Unarmed Damage +2. [2]

-6 Abilities, 6 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 1.5 Character Points

About: Another one of Midoriya's classmates at Aldera Junior High, this guy has rocks for hair and seems to be able to able to summon rocks to cover his body, presumably granting him armor and better damage.

I really like this power, kind of a more limited and, honestly, more interesting version of Kirishima's quirk. It could also potentially have a lot of versatility as it develops.

Spiky Hair

Powers
Quirk - Spiky Hair
Feature: User can grow hair spikes from the top of his head. [1]

-6 Abilities, 1 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = -3.5 Character Points

About: Another one of Midoriya and Bakugo's classmates, this kid can make his hair spike up... Yes, really. The fact that this guy had the gall to bully Midoriya while having this useless a power is really funny.

Horns

Quirk - Horns
Strength-based Damage 2. [2]

-6 Abilities, 2 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = -2.5 Character Points

About: Another Aldera Junior High student, this girl's quirk grants her a pair of horns, something she can presumably use as a weapon.

Interestingly, this girl's quirk seems to differ in the anime and the manga, with her power seeming to be a Mutant quirk and constantly active in the source material, but she being able to sprout them whenever in the anime. OK, maybe not really interesting, but I had a little "Huh" moment when I noticed that.

Spiked Hands

Powers
Quirk - Spiked Hands
Strength-based Damage 3 (Extras: Split). [4]

-6 Abilities, 4 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = -0.5 Character Points

About: Another kid at Aldera Junior High, this guy seems to be able to manifest spikes from his fists, presumably allowing him to cause higher damage with his punches.

Sharp Teeth

Powers
Quirk - Sharp Teeth
Strength-based Damage 2. [2]

-6 Abilities, 2 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = -2.5 Character Points

About: Another Aldera student, this kid is able to turn his teeth into sharp monster-like teeth, presumably granting him a very powerful bite.

Telekinesis

Powers
Quirk - Telekinesis
Perception Range Move Object 2 (Extras: Subtle). [8]

-6 Abilities, 8 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 3.5 Character Points

About: A girl studying at Aldera Junior High, this kid's quirk seems to grant her telekinetic abilities.

Prehensile Hair

Powers
Quirk - Prehensile Hair
Extra Limbs 1 (Extras: Reach 2). [3]
Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Hair). [2]
Enhanced Advantages 3 (Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold) (Flaws: Limited to Hair). [1.5]

-6 Abilities, 6.5 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 2 Character Points

About: Yet another Aldera student, this girl seems to be able to manipulate her long hair, presumably being able to use it to grapple and restrain others.

Strechy Eyes

Powers
Quirk - Stretchy Eyes
Feature: User can pull his eyeballs out of their sockets. [1]

-6 Abilities, 1 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = -3.5 Character Points

About: A boy studying at Aldera Junior High, his quirk allows him to stretch his eyeballs away from his socket. A contender for most useless quirk in his class for sure, but Spiky Hair still has him beat.

In my Tsubasa build, I mistakenly claimed that this guy was the one to replace Tsubasa in Bakugo's friend group when they got to middle school, but nah, I misremembered that for some reason. The guy to join Bakugo's friend group is another student of this class whose quirk we don't get to see, since he was omitted on the wideshot that showed every Aldera person activating their quirks. I guess that guy must seat in one of the front-corner seats.

Elongated Neck

Powers
Quirk - Elongated Neck
Elongation 2 (Flaws: Limited 2 - to Neck). [0.5]

-6 Abilities, 0.5 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = -4 Character Points

About: Another guy at Aldera Junior High, this boy's quirk seems to allow him to stretch his neck.

Wind Control

Powers
Quirk - Wind Control
Ranged Damage 2. (4) -- [5]
  • AE: Carry Object With Wind: Move Objects 2. (4)
-6 Abilities, 5 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 0.5 Character Points

About: A student in Aldera Junior High, this girl';s quirk seems to allow her to control the wind, presumably allowing her to damage others with it and use it to lift things up or push them away.

I considered giving her fly to, but I think that would require a level of mastery of this kind of ability it doesn't really feel reasonable to assume she would have yet.

Long Fingers

Powers
Quirk - Long Fingers
Feature: User’s fingers extend to multiple times their size. [1]

About: An Aldera Junior High student and childhood friend of both Bakugo and Midoriya, at least until he started partaking in the bullying of the latter for being quirkless. This dude's quirk seems to allow him to increase the size of his fingers, another mostly useless power.

It's kind of sad that he just disappeared from Bakugo's life after they got separated in high school, considering how long they have known each other. I kind of wonder how their friendship dynamic was and if they had a tearful goodbye or whatever at the end of middle school. Straight up wouldn't mind he showing up again in the main story for a small interaction with Deku and Dynamight.

Balloon Face

Powers
Quirk - Balloon Face
Protection 4 (Extras: Sustained) (Flaws: Limited 2 - to User’s Face). [1]

About: Another guy at Aldera Junior High, this kid has a quirk that lets him inflate his face up, presumably granting it some degree of protection, but still leaving him mostly vulnerable.

Flames

Powers
Quirk - Flames
Insubstantial 3 (Flames) (Extras: Precise). [16]

Shoot Flames: Ranged Damage 3. [6]

Fire Aura: Reaction Damage 2. [8]

-6 Abilities, 30 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 25.5 Character Points

About: A middle schooler from Aldera Junior High, this girl seems to be able to turn herself into fire.

This is by far the most expensive build among the middle schoolers, mostly because of how many expensive effects it has. I'm kind of making a big assumption that it lets her turn her whole body into flames, but since I already took that liberty with the Smoke guy (who was also only shown transforming his hand), it seems only fair. I'm also assuming she can use her fire as a projectile.

Muscles

Powers
Quirk - Muscles
Enhanced Strength 3. [6]
Enhanced Stamina 3. [6]

-6 Abilities, 12 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 7.5 Character Points

About: A guy studying at Aldera Junior High, he has a quirk that allows him to swell up his muscles in an instant, presumably granting him enormous strength.

Big Ears

Powers
Quirk - Big Ears
Senses 1 (Extended Hearing). [2]

About: Another kid at Aldera Junior High, this dude's quirk grants him a pair of large ears, which I assume allow him to hear things better.

Water Creation

Powers
Quirk - Water Creation
Create (Water) 2 (Extras: Movable, Continuous, Innate). [9]

-6 Abilities, 9 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 4.5 Character Points

About: A girl studying at Aldera Junior High, her quirk seems to grant her the ability to manifest and control water.

Another one that's very different between anime and manga (or at least with how I'm interpreting the anime counterpart), since in the manga the blue sphere she creates is instead a dark ball of energy. Decided to go with that one video's water powers interpretation because that's much more interesting than yet another generic Ranged Damage Whatever power.

Light

Quirk - Light
Environment 1 (30 ft.) (Light). [1]

About: Also a student at Aldera Junior High, this boy's quirk allows him to emit bright light at will.

OK, if people are allowed to theorize that Hagakure is related to the luminescent baby just because her quirk is light-related, my personal fan theory is now that this guy is actually the glowing baby sent forward in time so he can master his powers witht he help of the advanced quirk science of the future, and then return back to his own time, so he can save early quirk society is a closed time loop and die in a heroic sacrifice. Also, he is secretly All For One's son and the one who sent him travelling through time is Eri.

Extra Arms

Powers
Quirk - Extra Arms
Extra Limbs 2 (Extras: Sustained). [2]

About: Another guy from Aldera Junior High, this kid has a quirk which allows him to sprout an extra set of arms.

Huge Maw

Powers
Quirk - Huge Maw
Strength-based Damage 1. [1]

About: Yet another classmate of Midoriya in Aldera Junior High, this kid's quirk seems to allow him to grow his mouth and teeth to enormous proportions, so they occupy most of his face, presumably granting him a very strong bite.

That one video ranking the Aldera students' quirks fails to notice that this guy actually has a quirk, mostly because it used only the anime for reference, where his powers are less noticeable. So take that, guy from the video! Clearly, I am the better Boku no Hero Academia obscure background character analyst! HAH!

Long Nose

Powers
Quirk - Long Nose
Feature: User’s nose can become longer. [1]

About: The final Aldera Junior High student, this guy's quirk allows him to increase the length of his nose. I'm undecided if this is actually more useful than being able to spike your hair up at will, but I can imagine more uses for it, and it has more potential if this actually boosts his sense of smell somewhat or something.

The Vinegar Riverbank Kid

Powers
Quirk - Acidity Control
Transform (Water into Higher or Lower pH) 7 (30 kg or 50 lbs.). [14]

-6 Abilities, 14 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 9.5 Character Points

About: The first non-Aldera Junior High middle schooler we see, we hear about this kid when Midoriya and Sir Nighteye are remembering All Might's days of heroism, where the "Vinegar Riverbank Incident" is brought up, where this kid, whose quirk changes the acidity (an presumably the basicity) of water, fell into a river and started to drown, activating his quirk in a panic and making a big portion of the river stink like vinegar. All Might rescued the kid, but when the press came to photograph him, him face was all shriveled because of the irritation the acidic water caused on his eyes. The boy apologized later for the embarrassment he caused, to which All Might simply replied that there was no need to apologize, and that he should be the one thanking the kid instead, as his skin now "felt years younger."

Leaves to Money

Powers
Quirk - Leaves to Money
Transform 1 (Leaves into Money). [2]

About: A student from Kirishima and Ashido's middle school, Mustafa Private Middle School, who was shown being bullied by his classmates who wanted to take advantage of his quirk, which allows him to transform leaves into money temporarily, tho not paper money apparently. After Kirishima failed to save him, Ashido arrived, seeing the entire situation, and quickly managed to make the other kids stop picking on this boy through her social skills, with it comically resulting in them all becoming friends and dancing together by the end.

Rock Throw

Power
Quirk - Rock Throw
Ranged Damage 3. [6]

Advantages
Ranged Attack 2

-6 Abilities, 2 Powers, 2 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = -0.5 Character Points

About: The final middle schooler with a quirk we see, this Mustafa Private Middle School student seems to have a quirk that allows him to chuck big rocks at people. He was bullying the Leaves Into Money kid into making some cash for him and hit Kirishima with his quirk when he tried to intervene. After Ashido saw the situation, she forced him to apologize to the other kid and quickly got them to become friends with each other through her social skills.

Gave him a couple of Ranged Attack ranks since he hit Kirishima with ease and seems to be somewhat proficient with his quirk. I'm also assuming his quirk produces the rocks he throws, because otherwise that would mean he lifted a huge rock from the floor to chuck at Kirishima and that seems less likely.
SolarOracle

The One I Couldn't Build

Post by SolarOracle »

Like last big character list, here's a small addendum including characters I couldn't figure out a power build for one reason or another. This time, thankfully, it's just one. Unfortunately, it's this infamous character...

WHATEVER THE HELL THIS QUIRK IS!

About: BY FAR the most mysterious quirk in Midoriya's class, if not in the whole series, this Aldera Junior High student is able to turn his head into.... uh.... into a... wooden kinda triangular thing..?

I genuinely have no clue what he is supposed to be, much less what benefit this could possibly provide the character in Mutants and Masterminds terms. This character is pretty infamous within the fanbase because of how strange and confusing his power is, with pretty much everyone I know having an immediate "What the fuck?!" reaction when this guy's quirk shows up in the first episode.
Davies

Post by Davies »

I assume it's some sort of tool, but I admit that I don't recognize it.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

On the Discord a fuller shot made it look like his face ended in a clothespin-like "mouth" https://www.amazon.ca/Honey-Can-Do-DRY- ... B002CH12E2
SolarOracle

Nameless Civilians

Post by SolarOracle »

Civilian

Group: Varies.
Base of Operations: Varies.

Power Level 0 - 1.5 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 0, Fighting 0, Awareness 0
Stamina 0, Dexterity 0, Intellect 0, Presence 0

Advantages
None.

Skills
Athletics 1
(+1 total).
Deception 1 (+1 total).
Persuasion 1 (+1 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed
+0, close damage 0.

Defense
Dodge 0, Fortitude 0, Parry 0, Toughness 0, Will 0

Complications

None.

0 Abilities, 0 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 1.5 Character Points

About: A base build meant to represent a common person with no particular training or skills in the Hero Academia universe, specifically done as a template for a couple of nameless randos we see throughout the series. By far the simplest build I've ever done, this is very similar to the official Passerby statblock, but with a couple of modifications done to better fit my build philosophy for the series. I should also note that it can be assumed most people have, like, 4-ish ranks in some kind of Expertise skill, but since that's a case-by-case thing, I decided not to include that on the base itself, only add it to the characters we see with a clear profession. Power builds for the characters we see using their quirks are included later in this post.

Forcefield Woman

Powers
Quirk - Forcefield
Protection 3 (Extra: Sustained). [3]

0 Abilities, 3 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 4.5 Character Points

About: Appearing in the first chapter, the forcefield woman is shown during the introduction of the sludge villain, as he steals her purse, leading her to fall on the ground in a panic and activate her quirk, which creates a blue forcefield around her.

She has a pretty good quirk all things considered, though I did this power build assuming her forcefield isn't very resistant. With some training and creative application of her quirk, she could make for a damn good hero.

Aldera Junior High Teacher

Powers
Quirk - Wired Hands
Elongation 1 (Flaws: Limited to Hands). [0.5]

Skills
Espertise (Teacher) 4 (+4 total).

0 Abilities, 0.5 Powers, 0 Advantages, 3.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 4 Character Points

About: Midoriya and Bakugo's teacher from middle school. His quirk connects his hand with the rest of his arm with a long wire, which allows him to extend and retract his hand.

He appears a few time during the first few chapters, first appearing in the first chapter, when he says he won't even bother distributing aptitude tests to the class, since he already knows all students plan to enroll in hero schools. Later, he appears while Midoriya is mumbling to himself while reading through All Might's training notes, he uses his quirk to hit Midoriya in the hand with a book and tell him to pay attention to class, causing the rest of the class to laugh. His final appearance is at the end of the U.A. Entrance Exam arc, where he appears congratulating Midoriya and Bakugo for making it to U.A., and wishing them good luck.

Snowballs Woman

Powers
Quirk - Snowballs
Flight 1 (Levitation, Platform, Quirk - Snowballs must remain on a perfect stack), linked to Create 2 (Balls of Snow) (Extras: Continuous, Innate) (Flaws: Quirk - Only Under User’s Feet). [5.5]

0 Abilities, 5.5 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 7 Character Points

About: A woman who was saved by All Might during All For One's attack during the Hideout Raid arc, the snowballs woman's quirk seems to allow her to create huge snowballs under her feet, allowing her to reach highers places by piling them up under her.

After her rescue, she appears again later in the series, during the Tartarus Escapee's arc, when All Might and Stain notice her cleaning up the vandalized All Might bronze statue in the place he fought All For One, as Stain states that the pro heroes is needed now more than ever, no matter how everyone else lost their faith in heroes, because people are still afraid and in need of help, and because others still believe in them, reinvigorating All Might's courage and his resolve to help Deku and the rest of U.A.

Mr. Shimano

Powers
Quirk - Cell Activation
Regeneration 1 (Extras: Affects Others, Sustained) (Flaws: Limited 2 - To Those with Blood Type A). [0.5]

0 Abilities, 0.5 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 2 Character Points

About: Mahoro and Katsuma's father, Mr. Shimano works in mainland Japan to sustain his children back on Nabu Island. He appears at the start of the second movie, when Nine's crew attacks his car and steal his quirk, Cell Activation, which allows the user to "activate their cells" and thus regenerate and heal themselves. Unfortunately for Nine, Mr. Shimano's version of this quirk was limited to those with blood type A, forcing him to track down Katsuma in Nabu Island. Later in the movie, Mr. Shimano is shown being interrogated by Hawks, who figures out that Nine is probably in Nabu Island based on what Shimano said about his quirk and family, with the pro hero taking off immediately after realizing this.

Nabu Island Healers

Powers
Quirk - Healing
Healing 4 (Flaws: Distracting, Limited to Closing Wounds). [2]

Skills
Treatment 4 (+4 total).

0 Abilities, 2 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = 3.5 Character Points

About: A pair of healers from Nabu Island with a quirk that is able to cure wounds and bruises on the skin, but unable to heal more complicated injuries. They appear on the second movie among the population of Nabu Island who was successfully evacuated into a subterranean base for protection against Nine's attack. They try to cure Midoriya and Bakugo, who are incapacitated and severely hurt after their fight with the villain, but are unable to cure them past exposed wounds, forcing Katsuma to use his quirk on the two to regenerate them fully.

The Giant Furry Lady

About: The giant furry lady is a three or four meter tall woman with some kind of mutant quirk that makes her look like some kind of animal. She is introduced during the Tartarus Escapees arc, where she is saved by Midoriya from a group of civilians who tried to attack her, thinking she was a villain, and appears later in that arc, when Midoriya returns to U.A., defending that he should be allowed back in, as the crowd opposed that, thinking it would attract the attention of the villains to them.

I mostly only included this character because of how much it weirds me out that she is a thing, LOL. I'm, like, 80% sure she was created because she is Horikoshi's, or one one of his assistants', fetish or something. Unsurprisingly, she seems to be somewhat popular among the fanbase, due to her design and due to she defending Midoriya when he returned to U.A.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolarOracle

Midoriya Inko

Post by SolarOracle »

Midoriya Inko

Identity: Midoriya Inko, Public Identity.
Height: 1.60 meters.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Green.
Hair: Green.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: None.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City.

Power Level 0 - 15 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 0, Fighting 0, Awareness 0
Stamina 0, Dexterity 0, Intellect 1, Presence 1

Powers
Quirk - Small Object Attraction

Feature: User can use Move Object at rank -3 to attract objects toward them. [1]

Advantages
None.

Skills
Athletics 1
(+0 total).
Deception 1 (+2 total).
Expertise (Homemaker) 6 (+7 total).
Insight 2 (+2 total).
Perception 2 (+2 total).
Persuasion 2 (+3 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed
+0, close damage 0.

Defense
Dodge 0, Fortitude 1, Parry 0, Toughness 0, Will 2

Complications

Responsibility: Mother: Due to her husband having to work overseas, Inko had to raise Izuku pretty much by herself, which gave her a very close bond with her son. Due to this, she can’t help but be worried whenever Izuku puts himself in danger while doing hero work, doing all she can to protect him, and has made him promise to never injure himself too much in his fights.

4 Abilities, 1 Powers, 0 Advantages, 7 Skills, 3 Defenses = 15 Character Points

About: A very kind and supporting mother who can't help but to be concerned for her son, Midoriya Inko is Izuku's mother who raised him alone due to her husband working overseas, financially supporting his family, something that is sadly a common thing in Japan apparently. Her unnamed quirk, which I took the liberty of naming Small Object Attraction, allows her to pull small very small object toward her telekinetically. Could be a pretty great quirk if she trained it, honestly.

Inko first appeared in the first chapter, taking a very young Izuku to Doctor Tsubasa, who confirmed that the boy was quirkless. We later see an emotionally shattered Izuku watching clips of All Might on loop on the internet, asking his mother with tears in his eyes if she thought he could still become like All Might without a quirk, a question Inko couldn't answer, as she also broke into tears and hugged her son, repeatedly apologizing to him, while the young boy could only think that what he really wanted to hear from her was that she believed he could still do it.

Years later, after her son gains a quirk and manages to make it into U.A., Inko realize how her lack of support for his dream had negatively impacted him, deciding then to make his first hero costume to show her support and regret over what she did, an act that really touched Izuku, who wears the design his mother assembled to this day.

In the beginning of the Forest Training Camp arc, after Izuku's encounter with Shigaraki in the mall, Inko is the one to pick him up from the police station after he was taken in for questioning, crying due to her concern for him as she says her heart can't take it, with her elevated concern being due to Midoriya getting severely injured during his fight against Stain, with Midoriya hugging her and saying that everything is OK. Later, after the end of the arc, where the League managed to invade the camp and Izuku injured his arm with his quirk during his fight with Muscular, the young hero in training receives a call from his mother, again overcome with concern for his safety, as Inko asks Izuku if he could consider dropping out of U.A., to which he replies that he can't.

Later, after the fight in Kamino between All Might and All For One and Bakugo getting rescued by his classmates, due to all the incidents their students have been involved with, U.A. starts plans to create a dormitory and move all students into the school so they will be better protected against villains in the future, leading the teachers to go talk to the families of each student to ask for permission for the move, causing All Might to visit the Midoriyas for that conversation.

Though she had initially told Izuku she was OK with the idea, Inko tells All Might that she opposes it, and that she believes it would be better for her son not to be at U.A., concerned with how many times he's gotten seriously hurt, having damages that can possibly be lifelong, and how the battle with between All Might and All For One made her more concerned than ever, as she realized that meant Izuku might one day have to fight a brutal battle like that as well. Taken by surprise by this, Izuku brings up that his injuries are the fault of his own carelessness and lack of control of his quirk, not the school's, but Inko replies that it is U.A.'s responsibility to make sure students are safe when developing their quirks, which U.A. has failed to do, and that there are other hero schools out there, and that she doesn't feel safe in trusting her son to them.

Izuku then storms out of the living room into his room, seemingly because he didn't want to continue the conversation, but then immediately returns holding the thank you letter he received from Koda after saving him from Muscular. The student then says that it's OK and that it doesn't have to be U.A., and how he knows he knows he has a long way to go, but that he felt like a real hero after receiving that letter, and that his dream of becoming a hero won't end even if he can't study at U.A. anymore, surprising Inko and All Might.

All Might then kneels on the floor and bows his head, accidentally activating his muscle form due to how inspired he was by Izuku's words and how much he's grown, profusely apologizing to Inko for how he's failed his duties as a teacher to protect his student, and asks her to allow him to continue to help Midoriya walk the road of heroism so his future doesn't have to be a bloody one, and that he and the rest of U.A. will do their best to keep young Midoriya safe if he's allowed to stay in the school, and that he will protect the boy even if it costs him his life.

Shocked by one of her idols' resolve and passion, Inko finds herself at a loss for words, as she kneels on the floor as well, grabbing the pro hero's hands, and tells All Might that he should never trade his life away for the sake of someone else like that, and that he instead should continue to live no matter what and protect her son, stating that if he can promise to do so, she will reconsider her choice, much to Izuku's relief, as he promises his mother he will become a hero she doesn't have to feel concerned about, and that he will never injure himself as heavily as he has in the past.

Much later, after Izuku returns home for New Years Eve at the start of the Endeavor Hero Agency arc, he tells his mom about how he had seemingly manifested a second quirk during the Joint Training Battle, and how he was helped by Shinso and Uraraka, prompting Inko to comically almost pass out due to how concerned she is for Izuku. He then shows her the letter he got from Eri after the school festival, thanking him for inviting her, and that despite it having so many grammar mistakes, he is very happy she is learning to write, causing his mother to cry with joy with how much her son has grown up.

She then tells him about how she was always very concerned for him, since even as a small child, Izuku would always try to protect other people despite being quirkless, which caused him to get bruised many times, and made Inko think she would always have to be there to protect him, but that she now doesn't feel so concerned anymore, and that Izuku managed to keep his promise to become someone she wouldn't need to be concerned about, as they both start crying together.

After the end of the Paranormal Liberation Front arc, after Shigaraki's body is overtaken by All For One and he attempts to steal Izuku's quirk, Inko comes visit her son at the hospital, as the doctor explains that despite getting injured in the fight, Izuku isn't in the same kind of danger he was in the past when straining his quirk due to how his body has developed since then. As Inko asks All Might about what happened, the hero explains everything to her, including the nature of One For All as a quirk and All For One's vendeta against the users of One For All, and how her son is able to wield One For All so efficiently because he was born quirkless. All Might says that they now plan to take Midoriya and everyone else back to U.A. for safety, but the hero student interjects that he can't go back to school, since Shigaraki is able to locate him anywhere and that he doesn't want people being in danger because of him, and that he instead needs to be out there fighting All For One's forces so he can't recuperate and get even stronger.

Inko starts to object, saying that Izuku is in the hospital right now exactly because he can't beat them and that even though she said she doesn't feel as concerned for him as she once did, she can't take hearing all that and in how much danger her son is. Izuku then holds her hand, telling her about how she has no idea just how glad he felt playing hero with her as a child and getting to hear her thank him after he rescued her, and that he has to go, but that she doesn't need to worry, because he will come back. With tears in his eyes hearing the self-sacrifice of his student, and remembering his promise to Inko, All Might stands up and says that he knows he can't stop Izuku, but that he will go with him whether he likes it or not.

When Midoriya returns to U.A. during the Tartarus Escapees arc, Inko is among the civilians who receive Deku after the crowd calms down, crying as she hugs her son, who managed to keep his promise to return safely.

Inko is one of my favorite members of the supporting cast, with how caring and concerned she is for her son and how she forces Midoriya to think about his own well-being as well. Her interaction with All Might during the Hideout Raid arc is downright amazing. I also really like her characterization, of tearing up and crying very easily, especially whenever Midoriya does something touching or concerning. Really hope we get a scene of Midoriya and her talking at the end of the series that gets to showcase how much he's grown.

Outfits: Inko seems to prefer light and baggy clothing, like blouses and skirts.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Excellent work with the students and civilians, but especially with Inko’s information. I agree that she really is a great character, and I think that if we lived in a world like that of MHA, many or even most parents would probably react to their children’s experiences the way she does to Izuku’s. I really like that you brought up the fact that Izuku proudly wears the costume design she made for him, and that he even did so during his “negative” arc during the time he hunted down the jailbreak villains. I hope Inko gets more great moments in the remaining chapters, and also hope to see more of your spectacular work soon!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh neat! I was wondering about some of the main cast's families, as they hadn't appeared as much in these bios (Fire/Ice guy, mainly, had his detailed, given how important they are to his origins). Does Midoriya's dad show up at any point? Or did they just leave him still alive but out of the picture to avoid "Orphan/Fatherless Shonen Hero" syndrome at least a little bit?
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

MarvelLion wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:56 am Excellent work with the students and civilians, but especially with Inko’s information. I agree that she really is a great character, and I think that if we lived in a world like that of MHA, many or even most parents would probably react to their children’s experiences the way she does to Izuku’s. I really like that you brought up the fact that Izuku proudly wears the costume design she made for him, and that he even did so during his “negative” arc during the time he hunted down the jailbreak villains. I hope Inko gets more great moments in the remaining chapters, and also hope to see more of your spectacular work soon!
Thanks dude. : D

I always thought the costume stuff was a really neat detail of Midoriya's character, kind of serving to show that he deeply cares about the people around him. That only increases with him adding Gran Torino's cape to it later.
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:08 am Does Midoriya's dad show up at any point? Or did they just leave him still alive but out of the picture to avoid "Orphan/Fatherless Shonen Hero" syndrome at least a little bit?
I think deciding to have him alive was definitely done to avoid the shonen cliché, but the author has said before he had plans of introducing Midoriya Hasashi to the story at some point, though considering how long it's been, he might have dropped this idea. All we really know about him is that he works overseas somewhere and has a fire breath quirk.
SolarOracle

Faux Villains

Post by SolarOracle »

Appearing a couple of times throughout the series, the Faux Villains are four models of robots employed by U.A. High School for hero training, and were used in the hero course entrance exam for Midoriya's year, where the hero course applicants had to accumulate points by destroying or immobilizing robots in the battlefield and by rescuing others.

Overall, they all seem to have been kind of built to be weak and perform very basic functions for simulated combat, since they are used as training for the U.A. students and all. Also, funnily enough, Horikoshi mentioned in a Q&A pannel that these robots, alongside other U.A. robot staff have tried to turn on humanity before, which was pretty funny, kind of adding to the superhero comic book atmosphere of the universe and stuff.

For my builds for these, they all ended up at fairly low-ish PLs, at around 4-5, and with the Zero-Pointer being PL 8, with low agility and active defenses, but enormous Toughness and Damage. I should also probably point out, the official name for each robot model comes from different Star Wars ship classes, respectively, Victory, Imperial, Venator and Executor, another example of Horikoshi referencing Star Wars.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with how most of these builds turned out, tho I'll get more into that in the proper build post. Thinking about it now, it would be pretty fun to use these to run a massive encounter for a huge low PL group to simulate a U.A. entrance exam, heh.
SolarOracle

Faux Villains

Post by SolarOracle »

One-Pointer (Victory)

Group: U.A. High School robot.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City, U.A. High School grounds.

Power Level 4 - 45 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 5*, Agility 3, Fighting 3, Awareness 0
Stamina --, Dexterity 2, Intellect --, Presence --
*Increased due to size.

Powers
Robot on Wheels
: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects). [30]
Growth 5 (Strength and Toughness +5, Mass +5, Intimidation +2, Size +1, Dodge and Parry -3, Stealth -5) (Extras: Innate, Permanent). [11]
Speed 2 (16 Km/H or 8 MpH). [2]

Designed to be Frail: Reduced Toughness 2 (Extras: Impervious Protection 2). [0]

Advantages
Benefit - Monstrous (Uses Strength instead of Presence for Intimidation), Ranged Attack

Skills
Intimidation 2
(+7 total, +9 size).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Stealth 2 (+5 total, +0 size).

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed
+3, close damage 5.

Defense
Dodge 5*, Fortitude IMMUNE, Parry 5*, Toughness 3*, Will IMMUNE
*Changed due to powers. Impervious Toughness 1.

Complications

Motivation: Test Robot
: Faux Villains were programmed to test the aptitude of U.A. High School hero course applicants. They will charge through the test arena, trying to locate the applicants and attack them, though they are presumably programmed to avoid causing any serious damage to their target.

Guns for Hands: One-Pointer Faux Villains have huge vulcan cannons in place of hands, which seem to be only for show, as they haven’t been shown shooting. Due mto this design choice, they cannot easily manipulate objects.

-14 Abilities, 43 Powers, 2 Advantages, 4 Skills, 10 Defenses = 45 Character Points

About: The weakest and smallest of the test robots, the One-Pointers, known as Victory, are said to be frail but agile and fast, standing on a single wheel and moving at high speeds.

Gave them a heavier shift toward Parry and Dodge com pared to Toughness to represent them being agile. They have guns in place of hands, but every time we see them in a fight, they just seem to charge towards their target, so I assume those are just for show and didn't include them on the build, tho I did gave them a couple of Dexterity and Ranged Attack ranks just in case. I feel kind of cheap for the way that I lowered their Toughness, but considering they were specifically designed to be frail, that still felt like fair game. Like the other Faux Villains, this one has absent Intellect and Presence, since their AI seems to be fairly simple, only really able to repeat a couple of pre-programmed lines on certain situations (which kind of begs the question of how they joined with the rest of U.A.'s robot staff to try to overtake humanity. Maybe they were infected with a virus or something?)

Two-Pointer (Imperial)

Power Level 5 - 42 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 5*, Agility 1, Fighting 3, Awareness 0
Stamina --, Dexterity 0, Intellect --, Presence --
*Increased due to size.

Powers
Big Robot
Growth 6 (Strength and Toughness +6, Mass +6, Intimidation +3, Size +1, Dodge and Parry -3, Stealth -6) (Extras: Innate, Permanent). [13]
Impervious Protection 4. [5]

Scorpion Stinger: Strength-based Damage 1 (Extras: Improved Critical, Reach 2). [4]

Advantages
Benefit - Monstrous (Uses Strength instead of Presence for Intimidation)

Skills
Close Combat (Stinger) 1
(+4 total).
Intimidation 3 (+8 total, +11 size).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Stealth 2 (+3 total, -3 size).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed
+3, close damage 5.
Stinger +4, close damage 6, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 2*, Fortitude IMMUNE, Parry 4*, Toughness 6*, Will IMMUNE
*Changed due to powers. Impervious Toughness 2.

Complications

Motivation: Test Robot: Faux Villains were programmed to test the aptitude of U.A. High School hero course applicants. They will charge through the test arena, trying to locate the applicants and attack them, though they are presumably programmed to avoid causing any serious damage to their target.

No Hands: Two-Pointer Faux Villains have a quadruped design with no arms, making it extremely difficult for them to manipulate objects.

-24 Abilities, 52 Powers, 1 Advantages, 5 Skills, 8 Defenses = 42 Character Points

About: The second weakest among the test robots, the Two-Pointers, known as Imperial, are quadruped robots with a scorpion-like tail they can presumably use for powerful attack.

Build-wise, these guys are slightly more powerful than the One-Pointers, having a stronger melee attack with Reach and having much better defenses. That said, they don't seem to be as quick as the One-Pointers, nor do they necessarily seem to be too accurate, considering their status as test robots, so they are still at +4 attack bonus and favor Parry over Dodge.

Three-Pointer (Venator)

Power Level 5 - 55 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 5*, Agility 0, Fighting 2, Awareness 0
Stamina --, Dexterity 2, Intellect --, Presence --
*Increased due to size.

Powers
Big Robot
Growth 7 (Strength and Toughness +7, Mass +7, Intimidation +3, Size +1, Dodge and Parry -4, Stealth -7) (Extras: Innate, Permanent). [15]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 6). [8]

Cannons: Ranged Damage 6. [12]

Advantages
Benefit - Monstrous (Uses Strength instead of Presence for Intimidation), Ranged Attack 2

Skills
Intimidation 4
(+9 total, +12 size).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Stealth 2 (+2 total, -5 size).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed
+2, close damage 5.
Cannons +4, ranged damage 6.

Defense
Dodge 1*, Fortitude IMMUNE, Parry 1*, Toughness 9*, Will IMMUNE
*Changed due to powers. Impervious Toughness 3.

Complications

: Faux Villains were programmed to test the aptitude of U.A. High School hero course applicants. They will charge through the test arena, trying to locate the applicants and attack them, though they are presumably programmed to avoid causing any serious damage to their target.

Limited Ammunition: The cannon on the Three-Pointers’ back seems to have a limited number of shots, meaning that they have a certain number of shots before needing to be reloaded.

No Hands: Three-Pointer Faux Villains have a quadruped design with no arms, making it extremely difficult for them to manipulate objects.

-26 Abilities, 65 Powers, 3 Advantages, 5 Skills, 8 Defenses = 55 Character Points

About: The Faux Villains worth the most points, the Three-Pointers, known as Venator, are huge quadruped tank-like robots that can shoot huge rounds from their back, and seem to be the toughest between the first three robots.

Did this build shifted HEAVILY in favor of Toughness, since they are big tanks. I considered doing their Cannons as area damage, but they don't really seem to be explosive rounds, so just did it as a high-damage ranged attack instead.

Zero-Pointer (Executor)

Power Level 8 - 76 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 12*, Agility -2, Fighting 3, Awareness 0
Stamina --, Dexterity 0, Intellect --, Presence --
*Increased due to size.

Powers
Giant Robot
Growth 12 (Strength and Toughness +12, Mass +12, Intimidation +6, Size +3, Speed +1, Dodge and Parry -6, Stealth -12) (Extras: Innate, Permanent). [15]
Growth 4 (Mass +4 (+16 total), Size +1 (+4 total), Speed +1 (+2 total), Stealth -4 (-16 total)) (Extras: Innate, Permanent) (Flaws: Limited to not increasing Strength or Toughness). [5]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 8). [10]

Giant-Sized Attacks: Area -1 (15 ft. Burst) Strength-based Damage 0. [18]

Advantages
Benefit - Monstrous (Uses Strength instead of Presence for Intimidation), Close Attack 2, Improved Initiative

Skills
Intimidation 0 (+12 total, +18 size).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Stealth 2 (+0 total, -16 size).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed
+5, close damage 12.
Giant-Sized Attack, close 15 ft. burst area damage 12.

Defense
Dodge 1*, Fortitude IMMUNE, Parry 2*, Toughness 14*, Will IMMUNE
*Changed due to powers. Impervious Toughness 4.

Complications

Slow Moving: The Zero-Pointer, possibly by design, moves very slowly for his size. He takes a -2 penalty on his Speed ranks, landing at Speed rank 0.

-24 Abilities, 78 Powers, 4 Advantages, 3 Skills, 14 Defenses = 76 Character Points

About: The biggest and most dangerous of all the Faux Villains, with most hero applicants preferring to run then to face it, as it is worth no points and exists solely as a hazard to the applicants, the Zero-Pointers, known as Executor, are colossal machines with tank threads, slowly making their way through the battlefield and destroying everything in their path.

The Zero-Pointers are incredibly durable and strong, but very slow, having stupidly high damage, enormous Toughness, but low Parry/Dodge and Attack bonus, landing at PL 8.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Excellent! Gotta’ love the robots of MHA and their Skynet-esque aspirations.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The fact that robots like this exist just reinforces the idea that using technology to combat Heroes in the third MHA movie would have been a lot better than Quirk users. Imagine if someone took these designs and ramped them up to be actually dangerous?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
SolarOracle

Transpo-Bots

Post by SolarOracle »

Transpo-Bots

Power Level 1 - 38 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 1, Fighting 0, Awareness 0
Stamina --, Dexterity 0, Intellect 0, Presence -1

Powers
Robot
: Immunity 40 (Fortitude Effects, Mental Effects). [40]
Protection 2. [2]

Hospital Stretchers: (Flaws: Removable). [2]
Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Carrying Others). (2)

Advantages
None.

Skills
Expertise (Rescue) 2
(+2 total).
Treatment 2 (+2 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed
+0, close damage 0.

Defense
Dodge 1, Fortitude IMMUNE, Parry 1, Toughness 2, Will 1

Complications

Motivation: Transportation Robot
: The Transpo-Bots were created for the purpose of rescuing and transporting the injured to the infirmary, and will perform that function to the best of their ability.

Always in Pairs: Having stretchers that connect to their arms, Transpo-Bots always work in pairs so they are able to properly transport the injured.

Philosophically Inclined: Transpo-Bots, due to their more advanced AI, are often shown contemplating the nature of their existence as robot assistants and the position of humans as their masters.

-10 Abilities, 44 Powers, 0 Advantages, 2 Skills, 2 Defenses = 38 Character Points

About: Another part of U.A.'s robot staff, the Tranpo-Bots are small machines designed to safely transport students injured in school exercises and events to the school's infirmary, so that Recovery Girl can properly treat them.

These guys can be seen at multiple points throughout the series, pretty much every time someone gets seriously beaten up while on school grounds, being deployed to take that person to the infirmary, like Midoriya after his fight with Bakugo early on in the series, or Uraraka after fighting Bakugo at the tournament. Almost every time they show up, they are shown discussing some philosophical question about the nature of robots and humans, continuing the joke of U.A. robots wanting to overtake humans.

This is a really simple build overall, with fairly low PL, Defense and stats. Gave a slight pump to their Will due to their constant philosophizing, and decided to do their stretchers as a device, since I assume that can be removed. Unlike the other robots, I gave these an Int and Presence score, since their AI is much more advanced, tho their Presence is still negative, as they speak in a fairly monotone way and don't display much emotion. Also of note, gave them two ranks each of Treatment and Expertise (Rescue), since they are part of the Infirmary staff and probably know a thing or two about immediate care, and should probably also know at least a bit about rescuing others.