The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

*It still seems to me like we should not be allowing him close to the tomes if he is corrupted somehow!* sends Lilly in concern.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl nodded. "Evil is very insidious. Pun intended." Amy bit her lip as she looked at the sigils, instead of the contents. "What Lilly sensed, shouldn't have happened with all of these wards, yet she did. So, these books could well be more powerful than you know. I'd hate to think what sort of havok they could wreck with somebody like you, so maybe we could get our own people to look at them first under controlled conditions?" Amy ventured, looking at both the man and at Viv for confirmation. "They feel really dangerous up close, even with me shut down."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

When Viv says nothing in response, Meintz says, " Look, I know these books are dangerous. That's exactly why they are safe with me. As I said, I have permits for all of them. I'm not a Pawn, okay? But we can't close our eyes and refuse to learn about our enemies. The universe has stabilized, but it's still wounded. We should be ready before another Incursion happens."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"We have a New God right here. Fresh from Apokolips. If these things are bad enough to make her sick, even through all those wards then they're truly, really dangerous. Way more dangerous than even an experienced mage should have... I remember what damage evil can do to even the most experienced and powerful of Jedi, who think they're powerful, wise enough to handle such evil. They're usually not. That's the trap. You think you're good enough to handle it, when you're not and then you're lost." Amy said. "I know you're not a Pawn, but these things need to be impounded." Amy said, looking at the adults earnestly. "These things are a honey trap for mages I think."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Can we maybe discuss this somewhere else instead of an Aldi parking lot?" Meintz asks, sounding slightly irritated. " Maybe my hotel room?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adaleth leaves the car she was hiding in (insubstantially) and walks around behind Meintz. "That's a good idea. But, should we leave the car here? Even if it is safely storing the objects, it's also a tempting target for nefarious folks to steal."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Definitely let us not leave the vehicle here!" comments Lilly, appearing from somewhere behind Meintz. "Under no circumstances!"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Meintz whirls around, startled. " Okay, I am starting to feel like Public Enemy Nr. 1 here...can we just drive to my hotel and talk there? WITH my car, of course...?"
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"If you could feel the tomes you are carrying you would understand why!" Lilly tells him. "Tell us your hotel and I will meet you there. I am going no closer to those ... things ... than I must!"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Sorry, you aren't the enemy, but what you're carrying is." she soothed. "There's no telling how those things are going to react now that they've been found out." she looked at the car, biting her lip. "I don't think they should be moved any more than they have been, not without protocols in place."

ooc
Amy is not wanting to go anywhere with these books, would she be the one to call it in?"

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"What protocols, Amy?" Adeleth says. "If we can't move that car we should have evacuated this shopping plaza as soon as we found the car. This is not my area of expertise. Do you really think the relics are aware they've been found out? You are saying the relics are now a bigger danger than they were this morning? Knowing this twenty minutes ago would have been helpful."

She turns to Meinz. "Your hotel is not an option. Even I know we shouldn't move that car from one public place to another public place. If we're moving it, we're moving away from this population center. And now, apparently, even that is a bad idea. The fact that you thought moving it to your hotel parking lot indicates to me that you don't take the danger here seriously."

She pulls out her phone opening a map app and wishes she knew what she was doing. She wants to find a place outside of town, preferably on the side of town with minimum travel distance within town, where there's no one around for miles.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

This is the Black Forest, so it's not that difficult to find such a place.

Meintz sighs. " Do you really think I would have parked here if I thought the books were dangerous to others? What kind of a monster...or idiot...do you think I am? And, for the last time, I have official permits to own these volumes. If your friend here was able to sense the volumes through the wards, then I am sorry, but just because your senses are superhumanly powerful that does not mean that there is any danger to others.
Now I am being treated like some sort of cultist or criminal when all I wanted was to interview a couple of werewolves for a project I am working on and, in between, keep writing my next paper. For which I need these books. Which are my own property. I am very happy to discuss all of this and more with you and I mean no offense but please, for the love of Sigmar, the Emperor and the Holy Trinity, give me some breathing room!"
The more he talks, the more angry he becomes.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth dials the main office on her phone. "Connect me to someone who can look up dangerous magical materials permits." While waiting, "Herr Meintz, you may have permits. you may be the most safety-conscious person on the planet, and you may be 100% correct about what you are saying. But, standing here, right now, with what my colleagues area saying, I have to question everything. Calm down. What is your full name and address registered on the permits in question?"

Once she's talking to the proper folks at the home office, and after side stepping the "why didn't Viv call?" questions, she says, "I need to know all the permits and what the permits cover for a <<Herr Meintz at such and such address>>."

While waiting for the response, "Ladies, I suspect we should consider moving the car to <<some location>> at a minimum."

(ooc: assuming he doesn't blow up again in the middle of all that.)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl nudges Viv and is alarmed at her lack of response. "Peekaboo, Alma, Ren, take a triangle around the car. Herr Meintz, please step away." Amy instructed the man. "Adeleth, while you're at it, call for back up. Serious back up. Curse-breakers included."
Last edited by kirinke on Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Ähem... nothing has happened to Viv. Kirinke, please edit your post.