The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:40 am He eventually looks up, frowning. " Can I help you?" he asks Viv.
Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Even as his head comes up, so does Viv's phone- there is the almost inaudible click of a photo being taken. Still smiling, Viv held up one finger briefly as she hit a few keys, then dropped her phone back into her pocket. She smiled, dazzlingly- and her voice was light and (almost unnaturally) pleasant, an old friend greeting someone close after a long absence. "Why yes, yes you can. Although you might really consider it to be more helping yourself. You can close up the laptop RIGHT NOW, get up off the bench, and walk over towards the train station..." She paused, pointing helpfully towards the station. "While you're walking there, you can call Mr. Turkel and tell him you're out. And if you do all of those things, we WON'T have to have a very uncomfortable conversation about all of the bad things that could theoretically happen to you. And the ones that already HAVE happened to you. How does that sound?" From another sort of person, her words could come off as a potential threat- but in this case they are an entirely reasonable, even helpful sort of suggestion.

>OOC: Tone, pitch, even body language- Viv is absolutely not trying to Intimidate, despite the implied threat. If anything, closer to Persuasion - she honestly wants to be helpful, though in this case, for him, that means convincing him to leave. Now.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth is about 100 feet away, near a tree, trying not to be noticed by the rest of the people in the part. The target is fully allowed to see her it he turns around on Viv to look Adeleth's way.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

His expression rapidly oscillates between panicked, angry, insulted, terrified and mocking before settling on something in between. " And who are you? Showing up here, giving me orders?"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv smiled more broadly, and shook her head ever so slightly- it was the kind of look that could make so many men (and some women) utterly irrational under more amenable circumstances.

"I'm the harbinger, the calm before the storm. I'm the woman who is offering you a simple, pain-and-consequence free, route out of this whole mess. Before my friend lets her electrical familiar toast your laptop. Before we put you on the radar of the local police, or Interpol, or any number of government agencies. Before we tip off a whole town chock full of werewolves and tell them you are up to no good. I would really prefer to get you out of town without violence- and to let Mr. Turkel know to keep away from all of this." She paused, and turned once in place, giving a wave that encompassed the entire park, and by extension, the whole town. If the fellow was watching carefully, he would see, as she turned, that Viv was wearing a very serious pistol in a very professional shoulder rig under her light jacket. "But don't mistake my kindness for weakness."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly is discretely making sure no one other than the team and the target can hear what Viv is saying.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

That's the moment he grabs his laptop and makes a run for it!
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Should we let him?" she sent to the other women.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth is going to run to intercept him. (She was 100 feet away though, so she won't get there this round unless he's running toward her.)

(If she does get near him. She will grab the laptop and then phase out.)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

((Nope, he is not running towards her. In fact, he is dashing towards some thin underbrush, hoping to break through and into the street behind it. I assumed that Viv approached him in a way that would block the park's exit from his direct approach))
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(Adeleth circled around from the other side so you're saying he went left or right of both of us?)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

((Right))
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I guess Adeleth has things in hand," Lilly says to Amy, still looking at the ducks. "So we can stay here for now unless it looks like he might get away?"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv sighed, and waved a hand in the general direction of the fleeing man. Adeleth was already in pursuit, but it wouldn't hurt to follow up. "One of you, tag him please. We just want the laptop- in hand or trashed doesn't matter. If he gives it up, let him go." She already had a picture of him, and now so did the local police (among others). If he stopped running someone would track him down- they just needed to end whatever operation he had been running.

>OOC: Probably last post for a few days- Thanksgiving shenanigans abound
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

"I guess Adeleth has things in hand," Lilly says to Amy, still looking at the ducks. "So we can stay here for now unless it looks like he might get away?"
Amy

"Might be wise, besides, Adeleth and Viv need to have some fun too." Amy quipped. "Keep an eye out for any friends he might have." Friends didn't steal the marks out from under them after all.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth Rein
Dodge: 7, Parry: 7, Tough: 7, Fort: 7/2, Will: 7, Perception: +8
HP: 2-2=0; Condition: Normal

Adeleth catches up to the fleeing man and grabs for the laptop. As soon as she has a grip on it, she phases out and keeps running.

disarm: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
disarm (hp reroll): 1D10+14 = [7]+14 = 21 -2 as she doesn't have Improved Disarm
"damage check": 1D20 = [5] = 5
"damage check" (hp reroll): 1D10+10 = [5]+10 = 15