The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by jmucchiello »

After a long bath, Adeleth is in the hotel bar just watching the hotel lobby for anyone suspicious.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The priest nods thoughtfully. " I see...", he says though it is obvious he does not understand everything the two have just said. Nonetheless, he starts preparing everything for the blessing and, in the meantime, gives Lilly the crash course on (Catholic) Christianity.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl smiled as she watches Lilly learn the basics. She figured the Christian religion would be relatively easy for Lilly to absorb, she'd then take her to a couple of pagan temples and then introduce her to the Shinto and Buddhist religions (yes they were technically separate, but for many followers, they were intertwined). The basic principles were mostly the same and boiled down to not being a royal jerk to one another and everything around you. Hopefully, that would give Lilly a decent start to finding her own path forward.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kirinke wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:58 pm "You are innocent in the very sense of the word. Victims don't get a say in what evil does to them or forces them to do when they're in evil's grip, really." Amy countered. "Yes, you know one sort of evil and it is very evil true enough, but Apokalips is relatively straightforward and in your face about its atrocities. There are different kinds of evil that are far more subtle and those could easily sink their claws into us. That's what I'm afraid of." she said tiredly. "And they can come in many different faces." she patted Lilly's shoulder comfortingly. "Tis no insult to be innocent and I'm glad you haven't yet been exposed to those sorts of 'games' evil can play."
Lilly does not look convinced by Amy' words
kirinke wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:58 pm "The fact that you rejected Apokalips when you had the chance and all it stands for is testament to your innocence and courage."
"I think there are many on bleak Apokalips who would reject it and grim Darkseid given the chance, the power to do so," comments Lilly. "I was one of the few lucky enough to be able to do so, with help from kind Himon, and people on your world since I arrived..."

---

Lilly listens interestedly to the priest as he tells her about his religion, asking a few questions that seem pertinent to her as he goes. In particular, about the justification for things like Original Sin, and eternal damnation as from her perspective they seem to cast doubt on the goodness of the whole thing... Though the basic 'don't be jerks to one another' concept is definitely on she agrees with!

She also asks him for his name and number, if he is willing to be asked questions over the phone in future.

[OOC: Though in the interests of this not becoming a theological debate, I'm happy for it to end with Lilly and the priest agreeing to disagree about some things...]
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

He seems quite happy to give her his contact information, glad to have such an attentive listener. If the question about Original Sin does come up, he says with a somewhat sheepish smile, " There are many interpretations of that topic, apart from doctrine. But...I have to say, the Merge hasn't made things clearer. People...who hail from other worlds where there was no Saviour or where God never made Himself known...how do they fit in? It's not getting easier."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Those sorts of questions always lead to more questions instead of answers. Which is entirely the point I suspect, it gets you to think. It's always been that way." Amy laughed. "Leastways from what I've seen."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly gives an expressive 'I don't know' kind of shrug...

"So, on to the next place?" she asks.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Yes. Good idea." she smiled at the priest. "Thank you for your help. We'll be in touch."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

He nods. " If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Also, if you happen to be here on Sunday, feel free to attend Mass."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl smiled. "If we have time we'll do that."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lily nods. "Thank you!" she says as they exit the church.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Where are you headed next?

In the meantime, Adeleth notices that, outside the hotel, there seems to be some sort of commotion, with several passersby quickening their steps, looking back over their shoulder with dread and worry...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth contacts Viv. "There's a commotion outside the hotel. I'm going to go look."

She steps outside and looks in the direction people seem to be moving away from.

(Probably useless: Perception: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

As she looks around, she sees the reason for the commotion plainly...a large, muscled, bearded man standing there, his beard and clothes matted with blood and gore...his left arm missing, the stump bleeding profusely. The other hand holds an axe she recognizes...it's Beowulf's. Apparently, people are mistaking him for a zombie or some other undead abomination...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth calls Viv again. "Beowulf's back and as a bloody mess, he's stirring up the crowd. Call Lilly and ask her about teleporting him to someplace less public. And Amy's healing abilities will be needed." She heads outside. "Hey, there, I hope you won that fight."

(Do we have private comms that would work across the city? If so, she contacts Lilly and Amy directly. Unfortunately Adeleth does not have medicine trained.)