The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl nodded. "He'll get his chance for violence, even if he goes by that loose rule. Like we've discussed. There's going to be a mess no matter what we do. This and the spy group are just the opening cannon shots." she said soberly. "And even when we get to the meeting, we're going to have to make our own authority. They aren't going to respect us just for being government. We're going to have to earn that respect. Basically we're going to be walking a very narrow tightrope over a deep pit with sharp, pointy things poking up at the bottom." she warned them.

Dealing with weres of any stripe was always a tricky business, even with lycans like the laid back were-bears she knew back home and they were family!
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv looked away while the others went about their grim business- and while Amy prattled on. With her skills in survival and adventuring, it was sometimes easy to overlook the fact that she WAS still a teenage girl- but her "after action" coping served as a very clear reminder. While the others worked, Viv fired off quick messages to Hagen and to the Weidners, letting them know that the immediate danger had been dealt with.

"If we can't get anything from these bodies, let's go take a look at where they were 'singing for their ritual supper as it were. We should see if they left any trace we can link back to their human identities. Then we can call in the local authorities to deal with the scene- we definitely don't want some unlucky tourists to come across this mess..." And then she turned, once again, back to Staller. "Contrary to what Agent Michaels might be intimating, we do have rules, and if you want to be looped into this operation, we WILL be following those rules which, among other things, preclude unnecessary killing or violence. Not that there won't be some absolutely necessary killing or violence, but we do have some rules of engagement. Once we've processed the scene, we ought to get back into town. We would certainly welcome your help- and if you are willing we will probably have a bit of an updated war council meeting over dinner."

>OOC: Did any of the fallen weres shift back to human once they were down? Sounds like the Alpha did not, but how about the others? If not, did they leave anything behind when they shifted from human to were-form? Mostly looking for anything that will establish their "civilian ID".

>OOC 2: So who exactly gets to deal with a scene like this? I mean in the US, there would be local or state police, but also state or federal "park rangers" who would have jurisdiction. Presumably the Ministry will end up with the bodies and evidence in the end, but they probably aren't the ones to string up the crime scene tape and do the basic groundwork and such...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

Amy smiled at Viv. "It won't be unnecessary. Not with Field or especially Black Spiral type wolves at least. Those kinda guys do not negotiate and aren't on this side of reasonable." she sighed. "I'm more or less of a live and let live kinda person Viv. As long as they don't try to eat me, I won't do my best to hamstring them. Considering the amount of trouble I usually walk into without trying, borrowing it unnecessarily isn't exactly smart." she reassured her in her usual wise-acre manner. "That's one of the reasons why I choose to work with reasonable adults like you guys." she said with a very cheeky grin. "It helps keep me out of the worst trouble I can find myself in."

"In any case, I'm glad we stopped these guys. They were seriously bringing down the local spiritual real-estate values."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Beowulf chuckles as he sees Lilly pull out the knuckledusters. " Nice one! Mouth and throat are always vulnerable, no matter how thick the skin. Fed a Chaos Spawn a live grenade during the Incursion. Fun times. Just a fair warning, by the way: I am not exactly adored by the weres. They like me about as much as they do these Witcher guys."
He nods at Viv's words. " Understood. Given the way trouble follows me, violence will become necessary sooner or later anyway."
OOC: These weres did not shift back to human form, nope. They are still in Crinos. If you go back to their little campsite, you will find shreds of clothing and, indeed, a couple of wallets with IDs.

OOC 2: There are no " park rangers" in these places. This is the job of local police first and then, given that there are dead bodies, the federal police (" Bundespolizei") will get involved - and most likely shift it over to the Ministry at the sight of the first werewolf hair.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv chuckled. "No unnecessary violence doesn't mean no violence- one must be realistic about the nature of the business we are in, and the entities we are contending against. Now, let's get this scene secured as best we can. If you really want to be 'hot on the trail', as it were, you can take up the pursuit. We can meet back in town to compare notes- and I believe we owe you a beer, at least. Unless you have another spot, if you don't want to be in town for visibility reasons- certainly it would be best if you were out of sight before the local police arrive..."

>OOC: Viv will be back on the phone, managing contact with the local authorities to secure the scene until Ministry personnel can take over. She will also contact Hagen, etc. if any official authority needs to be exerted. She will also pass on any identifying data we can find- if the IDs match anybody with an active Ministry file, we can mine those for known associates or activities. If they don't already have a Ministry file, they do now, and it starts with "Lodge of the Field werewolf". We can also start the Ministry's "Search warrant" protocols- trace credit cards, social media, and so on of any identified 'people', up to finding where or if they were staying in town.

Not sure how much we want or need to play all of this through directly, but Viv knows how to dot all the i's and cross all the t's, and she will absolutely do so- I'm sure there are enough leads and loose ends to keep her occupied until someone arrives to take over the scene so we can be on our way...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"See? They're reasonable. Although they don't want me anywhere near incendiaries.... Can't imagine why."

Well, those My Little Pony dolls had it coming. Amy shuddered. Flesh eating, soul destroying monstrosities. She hated dolls.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Beowulf nods. " See you later. Oh, and would you mind taking my rifle with you? I'll grab it when we meet up later. Right now, I feel like doing some axe work." With that, he heads into the woods and is soon lost to sight.

There is a soft 'bamf' near Amy as Cheshire reappears. " That guy scares me. But Abnoba is happy, I can tell."

Poor officer Stadlmeyer on the other end is not exactly happy to hear what Viv has to say. She can hear him curse under his breath before responding that a squad car is on the way.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"I'm glad again that we were able to help and stop them. I find that those Lodge guys were much, much scarier than Beowulf." she told the Cat and shuddered briefly. Getting eaten was not on or ever on her "to do" list. Yup, her therapist was going to cry the next session. She just knew it.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Cheshire steps closer and rubs his body against Amy's leg, purring softly. " You all did great. These wolves really left quite the miasma here. Will take days to clean up. Still, you don't want to know what would have happened if they'd managed to eat a couple more people and then summon their master."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"So should we be helping him hunt down the last of these werewolves? Or should we just assume he'll be fine and kill them all?" asks Lilly. "And see whether he appears again in the future?"

"The spirits certainly seem happier," Lilly comments to Cheshire.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
Cheshire steps closer and rubs his body against Amy's leg, purring softly. " You all did great. These wolves really left quite the miasma here. Will take days to clean up. Still, you don't want to know what would have happened if they'd managed to eat a couple more people and then summon their master."
"I can guess, that thing was a Darkside Nexus just waiting to be born and Darkside Nexus' are always very, very bad news." Amy nodded in agreement. As bad as she remembered the ancient tombs and temples on Korriban to be as brief memories swam up in her minds' eye, only to be ruthlessly pushed back down.

She distracted herself by scritching Cheshire's ears. "It was good fighting by your side with the Goddess' blessing and for a very good cause."
"So should we be helping him hunt down the last of these werewolves? Or should we just assume he'll be fine and kill them all?" asks Lilly. "And see whether he appears again in the future?"
Amy shook her head. "He'll be fine and insulted if we tag along like that. Let him have his fun. Besides, we have his gun, he'll probably be back for it. It's a dude and Hunter thing."

Having a big, completely insane family like she had, kinda taught her that lesson early.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Likewise", Cheshire says, " but now I must be off. Places to be, ladies to meet..." Slowly, he fades from view, leaving only his grin behind for a bit.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

As Beowulf makes his way off into the forest, Lilly cocks her head and listens to him for as long as she can. She is trying to sense whether is supernaturally stealthy, inaudible, or otherwise difficult or impossible for her to detect. His being able to sneak up on all of them and take out the werewolves worries her a little. After all, they could be next if he went bad!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

She can hear him. There is nothing supernatural about the way he sneaks about...but he is extremely proficient at staying undetected. His superhuman physical shape clearly helps a lot.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"That man is really quite stealthy," Lilly comments as Beowulf disappears off.

[OOC: Lilly is happy to help with the investigation of the dead werewolves and their campsite that Viv suggested (entirely sensibly!) be done.]