The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth releases Mrs. Weidner immediately after Amy removes the syringe from the area. She looks around for other threats and wonders who the woman in the biker jacket is. "Nice punch," she says to her.

((Note: while Adeleth's Insub is normally Subtle 2, when she does it to someone else, the Subtle 2 is lost. So, people would know Mrs. Weidner looked "off" as the syringe went through her.))
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The situation is still agitated, with several other weres muttering and some growling under their breath. Quite a few eyes have changed to golden, green or reddish hues.
Rudi Weidner steps over to his wife, who changes back into humanoid form.
They look at each other and briefly touch each others' shoulders in a gesture of mutual reassurance.

The other woman looks at Adeleth and smirks. " Lightweight. A poor parody of a garou. I would be embarassed if it'd taken more than one punch."

Rudi clears his throat. " This has been quite eventful for a first meeting. More eventful than I'd have liked it to be. But, if anything, this should make it obvious to anyone why we need this. Why we need to come together as a nation. Because apparently, the mere idea is terrifying enough to someone to try their hand at sabotage and even use one of our own brothers to do it."
" That wasn't our brother! He's not even a proper wolf!"someone shouts.
" And yet, he howls at the moon like all of us! He has a beast inside him like you! And me! We will find out what drove him to do this. But do not take it as an excuse to look down upon others here", Rudi retorts.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl nodded as she gathered the syringe, carefully wrapping it before putting it away safely. "Mr. Weidner is right. This was meant to divide you guys I think. Turn you against each other." she said as she knelt down to frisk the unconscious Wolfman for any identification or anything of interest. "This guy, isn't an Alpha or a leader type. Somebody made him do this.... I'd bet the backstrap of a deer on it."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth whispers in Amy's ear. "Don't lecture the gathered people. This isn't our show. Mr. Weidner will look weak if he needs validation from one of the government representatives."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Rudi does not react to Amy's words, probably on purpose.
" We already ARE a nation. The Garou Nation!" the woman in the biker jacket shouts. " Why should we want another one? Together with these...curse victims? They smell of the Wyrm!"
Some others loudly agree.
Rudi nods as if he has expected this. " You mean people like me? I was cursed, too. I got bitten. My wife, too. We both got better. But, like you, I can turn into a beast. And like you, I cannot abide the touch of silver. We are not THAT different. Besides...I know the Garou Nation is not unified either. You are too spread out. And not all of you hail from the same universe. Your tribes are at each others' throats. And, to top it all of...neither your kind nor my kind or any other weres are a secret anymore."
He reaches down to retrieve a hardback copy of the 'Werewolf: The Apocalpyse' core rulebook. " Anyone can read all about you."

The wolfman has with him a wallet with his ID and about 300 Euros in cash as well as a credit card. Also, you find a smartphone.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly watches what is going on, but is also listening for anyone moving away from the moot, that is possible compatriots of the prisoner who are trying to get away...
OOC wrote:
  • Routine Perception 26
  • Accurate Extended Hearing - 2 (-1 to Hearing Perception per 1000 feet), Ultrahearing
  • Comprehend – 2 (Languages - 2 [Understand, Speak])
  • Hearing Counters Illusion
  • Hearing Counters All Concealment
  • Hearing Penetrates Concealment
  • Quickness - 3, only for searching with Hearing
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lilly listens in to the sound of the forest, her divine senses reaching out...

A mile away, the gnome from earlier is getting into a shouting match with a bunch of squirrels about, apparently, a stash of nuts he found and ate that belonged to them...

Amidst the trees closer by she notices that, apparently, Beowulf has set up a sniper's spot just in case.
And there is a flying (technological) drone close by now being steered away from the meeting area...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
Adeleth whispers in Amy's ear. "Don't lecture the gathered people. This isn't our show. Mr. Weidner will look weak if he needs validation from one of the government representatives."
The girl nods. "Noted and learning." she whispered back and looked up as Lilly whispers what she heard. "I think we may have something. Where is the drone and can you take me to it?" Amy asked softly.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
Hero Points: 2; Luck Points (Base 1): 0; Current Condition: Fine

"That way," indicates Lilly. "I think I can teleport us onto it from here, if that's a plan. Or to somewhere close to by. What do you have in mind?"
OOC wrote: On the assumption 'close by' means within 500m she can get there without having to Power Stunt it; otherwise she will indeed do a Teleport Power Stunt...
Last edited by Tony Jones on Fri May 05, 2023 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//It's close enough to do it without a stunt)
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OOC wrote: What sort of drone is it, and how big is it? Is it actually big enough the Lilly and Amy could fit on top of it?

https://aerocorner.com/blog/types-of-drones/
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Use the Force to bring it down intact. Maybe we can get something out of it." Amy said cheerfully. "You game?"

ooc
Amy isn't big. In her bio, she's small for her age.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly nods in agreement and takes Amy's hand before teleporting them both to somewhere close to - but not on - the drone. Close enough for a line of sight and to hopefully allow Amy's Force powers to get a grip on it.

OOC: Lilly's Teleport has enough Increased Mass on it for it to not be a problem!
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

While Amy and Lilly went after the drone, Viv took a moment to check the wolfman's smartphone. Certainly nothing she would would be admissabel as evidence in court, but that wasn't exactly the biggest concern right now. If it was unlocked, she would scroll through it for a bit- and if it wasn't unlocked, she would brazenly try the poor fellow's face and fingers (in case of fingerprint or facial recognition lock).

>OOC: Investigation? TEchnology? I'll roll a straight d20, and we can figure out which skill to apply...

>OOPS! roll 1d20= 1; roll https://orokos.com/roll/977395 . Not sure if that means he landed on the phone when he fell (and didn't have an Otterbox, shame on him) or if there was some kind of anti-tamper/lockout running
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl eyeballs the drone and brings it down carefully. Hopefully, there'll be some sort of information they can glean from it. Not her problem really as forensics weren't her ballgame. But at least it sent a clear message to whomever they were up against.

That message was of course: Busted.

ooc
Telekinesis: Move Object 6 (100 tons; Increased Mass 6, precise)
Need a luck point pathfinder? Amy does have teamwork.

Battle Init