The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

"Hello," says Lilly from where she is squatting, leaning against the wall. She nods politely.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl shook the woman's hand. "Hello. Name's Amy."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Oh, yes, I am Lilly Lullabye," she says.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv extended her own hand for a brief shake- the woman might have a more feral appearance than her husband, but once you had exchanged handshakes with things that didn't even have hands exactly, claw-like fingernails weren't much of an obstacle. "Agent DeLaCourte, for Ministry business, but really please, just Viv..."

once she had exchanged the greeting, though, Viv turned back to Lilly. How fast could you get back to town, back to that perch where you were earlier? I'd be curious as to how our would-be watchers might react to the loss of their 'drone'..."

>OOC: That slipped my mind earlier, sorry.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth is shaking hands with the woman when she says, "Should Lily go alone?"
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I could be there almost immediately but I think it'll tire me out, or more slowly and do it in multiple jumps," Lilly replies. "I agree my not going alone might be a good idea."

OOC: Lilly's normal teleport equates to 250 kph; not sure how far we've come but it probably wouldn't take her too long to get back. Or she could Power Stunt it to use Extended teleport as she's done before which would give her a range of at least 125 km, and get there in a single teleport if we're willing to accept she'll be Fatigued afterwards (then Exhausted if she needs to rejoin the others in the forest). The rooftop she was listening in from would probably be a good spot.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"From what you have said, I would suggest you might be best to accompany me?" Lilly asks Amy.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Sure, as long as you don't exhaust yourself." Amy said. "I can try and read their minds. No promises though, if they are drones, they might not have minds to read."

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv looked thoughtful for a moment, then nodded. "Even if the drones don't have thoughts, the drone-creators should, and they are far more important. If you want to go, you should move now. We will finish up here and head back into town shortly- we will meet back up once we are there. If there is trouble, don't bother to come back here- head for our lodgings or someplace else secure, just disengage. We will have to see if things are bad enough to call in local authorities or additional Ministry resources- hopefully not. Once we get back, maybe we can make a run at the train station- I want to have look at those possible human-shape drones, see if they register to my senses, that sort of thing..." She then turned back to the Weidners, flashing her brilliant smile. "Terribly sorry to talk business, but time presses. Is there anything else you would like from us, or should we break for now, and keep in touch as matters develop?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Also, bear in mind, if they are stronger than me or have good mental protections, I might not be able to read their minds either. I'll do my best, like always though." she warned and nodded to Lilly. "Shall go and poke our noses where they don't belong?" she asked Lilly with a grin. To the Weidners, Amy probably looked like an eager puppy on a Sunday stroll through the park. Then again, this wasn't the most dangerous or stupid thing she'd ever done. At least, she hoped it wouldn't be a repeat of the toy store debacle again.

The day was still young though.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"But even if you cannot read their minds, you should be able to detect these things, yes?" asks Lilly, waving her hand towards the dead flesh drone thing. "How many there are? And whether there are more in that building? How much of a problem there might actually be?"

"Would your healing powers work as an attack against these things?" she continues as the thought occurs.

OOC: She'll teleport off once Rudi confirms we are done there for now...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Rudi nods. " Right now, that should be all. We'll pass on the info to our allies and continue with our preparation. If something else comes up on our end, we'll let you know."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"No. I don't think my healing works that way. However, correctly applied violence seems to work fine." she said to Lilly as she nodded to Rudi and his handiwork with the crow-drone. "I've got other attacks that'll do the job well enough. In any case, our task right now is snoping and getting out before we're discovered. So hopefully, we won't need to resort to violence. Just yet anyway."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
Hero Points: 2; Current Condition: Fatigued

"I just remember you used your powers effectively against that corruption thing in Hamburg, and wondered if the same might apply to these flesh drones," Lilly says to Amy. "But maybe those weren't healing powers?"

"But in that case, let us away!"

She reaches for Amy's hand and assuming she takes it, closes her eyes and concentrates before they shimmer away, to reappear on the rooftop from which she listened to the suspicious building Adeleth discovered and met the cat. She immediately puts up a field of silence around herself and Amy while getting her breath back.

Then she listens to the building for a moment as she did before.

OOC: Power Stunt on Teleportation:

Teleport - 6, Extended Only (125 km range; hopefully we're close enough for this to work), Accurate, Subtle - 1, Increased Mass - 2 (assuming Amy weighs less than 200 lb!)

OOC: Listening:

Danger Sense [Hearing]; Extended Hearing – 1; Ultra-Hearing; Hearing Penetrates Concealment, Concentration, Distracting
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl could never quite get used to teleporting, going from one place to another in less than a heartbeat took one's breath away. Once she got her bearings, she slipped into that strange meditative and calm, yet acutely aware state that allowed her to manipulate the force with a clear head. She then scanned the area, switching between listening and watching and not liking what she's hearing or seeing...

ooc
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=256794 perception 19

Mind Reading: Mind Reading 6, subtle
Force Sensitivity: Accurate Mental [Force] Sense, Danger Sense, Force Awareness, Ranged Detect Alightment (Darkside/Lightside), Detect Force disturbance, ranged 2.
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init