The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Neo-Paladin »

To Amy's senses, the object in the trunk only manifests as a dull black spot in her vision. Fortunately, she is a bit distracted to perceive it fully.

Meintz blinks and puts his bags down. " Uhm...okay...what's this about?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"I got it now. It's like a dull, black spot to me. Which.... means it's actively shielded I think. The fact that it's leaking bad enough for Lilly to sense it means it's either powerful and or the shields are failing." she said more to herself than anyone else.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly teleports up onto the roof of the Aldi, where she has a good view of the situation, keeping out of sight and ready to leap in in case of need. In particular if she feels any activity from the hellish thing in the car...
OOC wrote: Her Array is set to:
Comprehend – 2 (Understand and Speak Languages) (4 points)
Comprehend – 2 (Spirits) (4 points)
Acute and Extended - 1 on Divine Awareness (2 points)
Teleport - 3 (32m), Change Direction, Match Velocity, Turnabout, Subtle - 1, Precise (11 points)
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv continues smiling, and acting unthreatening. "Well, as you are probably aware given some of your research, we are tasked with monitoring the secure storage and transport of items which are of, shall we say, metaphysical significance. Which brings us to the question of the day- what exactly do you have in the trunk of your car?"

>OOC: Anything on her Insight/ sense block?
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Lilly feels no activity from whatever is in the trunk.
To Viv, he comes off as surprised and maybe mildly annoyed but not sinister.

" Several very rare books. All of which I have a permit for", he says. " Were you looking for me specifically?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Books? Sh-t!" Amy cursed. "Lilly, guys. If you have any comprehend kind of powers, turn it off if you can. Just reading it can be... very problematical. Especially if it's powerful." Amy said and did just that, more thankful than ever for the Temple training she had and continued to have. She just hoped to hell and back it wasn't some sort of Necronomicon or Book in Yellow or something like that. That would be exceptionally bad.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

From the roof of the Aldi, behind Meintz, Lilly nods and waves in acknowledgment.
OOC wrote: 'Fortunately', as a Hunger Dog from Apokalips, Lilly is illiterate without her powers, so as long as she keeps that bit of her Comprehend power turned off she'll hopefully be fine. In fact I think she can't speak any Earth languages without her powers either, other than a few words of German she may have picked up over time...
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

"You have permits? Excellent- that means you'll be familiar with the regulations for storage and transport, so I don't have to enumerate them. And no, we were not looking for you specifically, but there seems to be a bit of a situation here. We're here in town on an unrelated matter and one of our agents sensed something on a routine sweep- something strong enough to make her physically ill. Since I have a reasonable grounding in metaphysical practice, why don't you give me a bit of an explanation about what kind of security precautions you are using for transporting these materials. How long have they been in the car? Anything happen on the road?" Viv is still smiling, but her tone has turned business-like and a bit brisk. If the man wasn't corrupted by the aura the books were giving off, he could be helpful in containing them , since he knew what they were dealing with. It was possible that his own warding tattoos were preventing him from sensing the problem.

Perhaps a minor car accident, even a pothole, could have disturbed whatever wards he had placed on the car...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Let me put these bags in the car first, if you please", Meintz says. " And no, the trip here was very uneventful. I'm a careful driver. Especially given what I am transporting. Inside a warded car, inside a warded lead container within the trunk of said car. Your agent must have keen supernatural senses if she was able to sense the books inside all those wards."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Powerful, unholy objects can fool you and lull you into a false sense of security. Even when you think you're being careful." Amy told Viv. "They can also sometimes hide how powerful they are and by the time you realize just how powerful they are, you're lost."

More than one Jedi had fallen due to sith holocrons and other sith objects of power, thinking their light was more powerful than the darkness within those objects. Clever sith used their arrogance against them in the creation of such objects. This was no different really.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

*He says he has permission to have these hellish tomes,* Lilly says suspiciously as she projects her dulcet tones to all of Amy, Viv and Adeleth. *But given the danger it seems odd for him to be driving them across the country in his own personal vehicle, unguarded and alone, with only its feeble locks standing between them and any unwitting criminal that might break into it and unleash their horrific power. Especially to this town, at this time...*

*Perhaps we should be checking his vehicle before he goes closer to it, in case he is about to use the tomes against us now he has been discovered...*
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"It depends on the kind of tomes, kind of magic I think." she said with a frown. "These things are probably screwing with us all without us really knowing it." she looked at Viv. "Lilly's right."

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

"Her senses ARE very good, but properly warded material shouldn't produce a reaction that strong- and unfortunately there are a lot of potentially supernaturally aware beings in town right now. So why don't you put the bags away, and show me how your wards are configured. Did you set them yourself?"

>OOC: Viv does have her Awareness (Magic) running, and she has Ritualist and some occult expertise- she ought to be able to tell if the wards are actually working/intact. She is still thinking he is shielded by his own protections and can't tell there is a problem, rather than him being corrupted.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl did her best to keep alert, without focusing too much on what was in the trunk.

ooc
Amy has her MGS memories, force powers and popular culture. No Ritualist for very, very good reasons. Well, mostly lingering psychological issues associated with Nox-induced nightmares but still. And she's being very careful to keep that well buttoned. No need to take unnecessary chances after all.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Sure", he says and walks towards the car, carefully putting the bags away before walking towards the trunk.
" Alright...if you would look underneath the back of the car, you'd see an Elder SIgn. Then, here...", he says, removing the number plate to reveal a set of complex intervowen cables and copper wires, " Is a standard containment grid. It has its own energy source separate from the battery. Also, here and here...", he says, pointing at the sides of the trunk where something has been carved, " are angelic sigils. They are repeated on the inside of the trunk as well."

To Viv's eyes, this looks quite eclectic but functional.