The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"He's no more dark or light than anyone else. His wards are light-sided, though given what he studies, that's only prudent." she grinned a little. "You have to really work at being one way or another for it to show up in any alignment detection."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" I do not yet have specific interview partners. I was thinking of asking who'd be willing to talk to me.
It's about the dimensional aspects of shapeshifting. As you might know, dimensional sciences are one of my specialties and I have been very intrigued by the blatant violation of all laws of physics regarding mass conservation so common with shapeshifters. Where do they get the additional mass from? Where does it go? Where do they shunt the heat off to that would be produced by such a rapid change? By rights, they should burst into flames but don't. I want to hear how they experience the changes and hope to find some commonalities, maybe even a means of accessing whatever pocket dimension the mass comes from."
Meintz' agitation seems to ebb away as he talks about his project.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Alot of the excess energy probably goes into repairing the damage the shifting does, I mean with some types, you can practically hear the cracking of bones." she shrugged. "My hometown of Salmon Creek has alot of shape-shifters, mostly were-bear. At the arse-end of nowhere Alaska, it's less of problem and more of a survival mechanism." she said. "On the other side of the mystical coin, we also have alot of force-sensitives, magickers and the like. Also good for survival."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Still, even with that, rapid healing would cause similar problems. But mainly, it's the difference in mass that interests me", Meintz says. " In their human form, therianthropes are not any denser than normal people. So it has to come from somewhere."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth suppresses a chuckle and resolves not to inform Herr Meinz of her special ability.

"Perhaps, we can offer a trade," she says. "We are acquainted with the host werewolf family. We could perhaps setup an introduction for you with them in exchange for you finding somewhere else to be until after the summit is concluded. I will admit, they seemed to be extremely private, almost hermitish, folks so I cannot guarantee they would be willing to even meet with you. But, it would make us less worried if your books were not added to the powder keg of what's going on here in the coming days."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Yes, that sounds like a good plan!" agrees Lilly. "Even if they are not willing to talk perhaps they could point you in the right direction..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"If nothing else, I can point you in the direction of some of my family members who might be willing to talk. I'd have to clear it with them first. I wouldn't advise an in person meeting though. Alaska is kinda dangerous, even near semi-civilized areas like my town." she smiled as a memory came up, nudging her in an interesting direction.

"Also, remember, magic or the force is energy manipulation at it's core and it's rather 'fuzzy' compared to regular science. It's more akin to Quantum Theory than not. However, E=MC2 is the same no matter what. Mass is just a lower form of energy. Heat is another type of energy and so on. So what the shifting does is convert mass to energy and back again. The rest goes back to the Force or to Gaia, however you might term it to lay in wait until it's needed and the Force is as wide a field as the Universe itself." she shrugged. "And rapid healing doesn't cause any excess heat in my experience. Light yes, but not heat. At least not with my powers." she shook her head as if to clear it. "Sorry. Damnit. I hate it when that happens." she sighed. At least that didn't leave her with screaming nightmares like some of Nox's memories did.

ooc
Nox was the head of the Sphere of Ancient Knowledge. She'd be curious about such things I'd think and Amy has her memories. Also, Salmon Creek is a small fishing village off the coast of Alaska and can only be reached by boat or plane. Or other means of long distance travel. Like most such villages, it has a sizable number of shape-shifters, were-bear, selkies and were-otter being the most prominent. Due to those villages being so close to nature, force sensitives, druids and pokemon trainers are also fairly common. And yeah, I've been watching too much Discovery to know how Quantum theory works sorta. I kinda touched on it before, but I think those kinds of therianthropes and arcane types would be logically common in places like coastal Nowhere Alaska. 8-)

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Meintz listens to Adeleth and nods. " That sounds pretty reasonable. I'd be okay with it."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
She still didn't like having those books in the wind, but in this instance, her hands were tied. "Just be careful with those things. Evil like that can be very tricky."

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth jumps in before Meintz can say anything. "And Herr Meintz is well aware of that, Amy. Let's not talk about the danger of the books any more. Everyone is on the same page."

// For story purposes, can we assume Viv is talking to the werewolves to setup a potential meeting for Meintz? And thus why she isn't participating at the moment. In game, only Viv has actually spoken to them over the phone.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Yeah, sounds good.

" No worries. I'm used to the warnings", Meintz says, " I was just irritated because you all came on very strong."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"If you could feel those things like I can you would understand!" Lilly tells him.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl nodded in understanding. "Sorry for that. We had a run-in with Lodge of the field 'wolves recently so we're kinda jumpy. she sighed. "I'd rather over-react and be wrong than not and it go horrendously bad." she said apologetically. "So again, sorry for that."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" It's alright", Meintz says. " Now...can I leave? I'd like to get back to my hotel room and put the bags away."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"It seems we are done here," Adeleth says. "We will be keeping tabs on your activities, a bit more discreetly, going forward. We'll get back to you if we've managed to get you an interview." (I assume we've already collected his phone number and hotel room info.)