The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Wiki, hold of a moment." she told their semi-prisoner politely.

"Lilly, make sure Wiki can't hear this." Amy whispered to her friend. "The drone is useless to us at the moment. They also aren't involved in the drone itself or the Talbot-wolf." Amy said mildly. "At this point, it's more evidence gathering with a cooperating witness. Happens more or less all the time." she grinned at Adeleth. "Also. They aren't under arrest and it's not like they couldn't get this stuff with a bit of digging. So no loss." she shrugged.

"We need to figure out who the fourth party is quick so we can deal with them, without this moot going to Hell. That's my mine concern right now." she said. "Your point is a very valid concern if we were running a legit investigation, but right now? We're damage control and glorified muscle." she noted, logically. "None of this would stand up in court against them if you get down to brass tacks. The best we can do is shoo them off really." she said. "If you guys want to go on another track though, I'm behind you 100%." Amy added in a conciliatory gesture.

"Just remember, our goal here isn't to catch the bad guys necessarily, it's to prevent them from interfering in the moot. If that means chasing them off without bloodshed or violence by giving them some crumbs as a consolation prize, I've got no problem with it. Nor do I have a problem with not arresting them. We just need to stop them from screwing with the wolves as quietly and as quickly as possible." she sighed. "In my mind we're playing a twisted game of Wack-a-Mole." she grumbled more to herself.

"Plus, I'm in her head shamelessly monitoring her thoughts." she added telepathically (and a bit cheekily).

Out loud, she said. "At least, that's my basic take on this situation and our general position in it." she shrugged. "I do get your point though, Adeleth and like I said, it's a valid one. If you guys wanna do something different. I'm for it."

ooc
Yeah, Amy does have some very fuzzy grey-areas when it comes to legalities. Comes from being an adventurer, kid and mercenary. I guess it's a good thing we have a cop and adults to reign her baser instincts on the team. :mrgreen:
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Amy, evidence stops being evidence when you give it to a known criminal," Adeleth says. "There is no reason to give Wiki anything at all, ever. But far more annoying than your willingness to work outside the box is your forgetting you aren't here alone and you have now already promised to give something to Wiki without cluing your teammates in beforehand. It is not better to ask for forgiveness later when the damage done is irrevokable."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"True." She said. "But what choice do we have?" she asked. "We need the information and don't have a whole lot of options do we?" she asked. "This isn't a police op and our job is to make sure the moot runs smoothly." she noted. "I get what you're saying. I really do, but we have to weigh getting small potatoes like them, vs. whatever can field a military drone." she sighed.

"None of this is going to the courts. Even the ones behind the military drone aren't going to court realistically. The absolute best case scenario we can have is the ability to chase them and our fourth party off without violence and without screwing with the moot itself. Do you any ideas for that?" she held out her hands.

"I'm still learning here and I'm absolutely willing to go with whatever you guys want." she grinned. "I can always say that the adults pulled the adult card on me at worst." she chuckled without humor. "That's not a problem and I do get my outside of the box thinking can get me into trouble. One of the big reasons why I like working in a group. It's easier to reign my impulsive behind in that way." she shook her head.

"More or less, what do you guys want to do? I'm already "good cop/kid" on this, if you want to jump in and go with the slap me upside the head/bad-cop deal, I'll go with that easy enough." she added. "And it's believable."

ooc
Amy did kinda let people know what she was sort of planning, when she took the drone parts, nobody said anything against it. She's also not disagreeing with Adeleth, but explaining her reasonings and is asking what do they want to do. Next time, I suppose we really ought to plan this out a bit better before we step out to confront our adversaries.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Amy, you constantly talk about how dangerous dungeons are and how you have to think and plan. Going off half-cocked will get you killed," Adeleth says. "That logic also applies to social situations. So if you can avoid being impulsive in a dungeon, do it also here. You don't know that none of this is going to courts. None of us knows how the situation will end up in the future. We could be looking to press charges against the maker of the drone two months from now. But now the drone is inadmissible because of it left our control for a few moments while you were giving it to a third party who is not an official of the courts. Pulling the adult card, does nothing to fix that. That drone's value to us plummeted. Good/bad cop also does not fix it."

(OOC: Putting Amy's reasoning in an OOC passage makes it impossible for me to respond to that IC. We also did not tell Amy to sell the drone parts on Ebay (or turn them into jewelry for Etsy) when we told her to take the parts. I didn't realize that wasn't implied.)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl nodded. "Okay. I'll work on that. Me and social situations never really got on well. You got me pegged on that.Wiki hasn't looked at the drone wreckage yet, so we're good on that. We really need to plan this out better before we go in on something like this." she sighed. "So what's the game plan?" she looked at their prisoner and smirked a little when she turned back to the group, keeping her back to the girl so she couldn't see her lips move. "This isn't as bad as facing a pissed off Gyrandos who isn't willingly to listen to reason."

ooc
No worries. Both sides have valid points. As Amy said, she is still learning. Not to mention, she still has the drone in her possession and Wiki hasn't seen it yet, as Amy said hold off a moment. :)

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Look, if you want our help, I am certain we can arrange something. If not, please let me leave. Preferably before Fritz gets back because then things could turn ugly", Wiki remarks.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Relax. As long as he sees us not hurting you, why would he get cranky?" she shrugged. "In any case, we aren't here to fight. Give us a minute to work out how we want to approach this" Amy told Wiki.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"There are a lot of drone parts," Lilly points out. "We could give them some of the parts for them to investigate without losing the majority of them which could be used by the Ministry on our side. It is not all or nothing."

"Ideally if they are criminals they should be arrested," she continues. "But Amy is right, we're here to help make sure the Moot runs smoothly, so just getting them to leave works for me in that way..."
OOC wrote: Lilly is keeping an ear on Fritz and anything else of interest in the local area, so if he (or anything else) starts coming this way she will hopefully know in plenty of time...
  • Routine Perception 26
  • Routine Insight 16
  • Routine Investigation 13
  • Accurate Extended Hearing - 2 (-1 to Hearing Perception per 1000 feet), Ultrahearing, Danger Sense [Hearing], Feature: Perfect Pitch, Divine Awareness
  • Comprehend – 4 (Languages - 1 [Understand], Spirits - 1 [Perceive Spirits], Animals - 1 [Understand], Plants - 1 [Understand])
  • Hearing Counters Illusion
  • Hearing Counters All Concealment
  • Hearing Penetrates Concealment
  • Quickness - 3 (Wide Area Searching using Hearing Only)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Fritz is still on the hunt for whomever controlled the drone, sneaking through the underbrush while using his superhuman senses....
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv had been checking a few things as they tromped through the woods to "meet" with Wiki, and had gone down a bit of a rabbit-hole in some of her research. It was frankly amazing that her phone was getting such a strong signal this far out in the woods.

She sighed. "Enough. We'll work with what we have, for now. This is, as noted, not an official investigation, or we wouldn't have run them off in the first place. We want to make the moot run smoothly- all other concerns are secondary, unless we encounter a situation requiring immediate intervention. Like, for instance, some cult trying to elevate their evil godling right in front of us- not that such a thing is likely to happen, I'm sure. But even with that guideline, that was shoddy work, Ms. Michaels. I expect better of you, and I think we're going to discuss, LATER, whether a reprimand is in order, or some retraining on legal procedure. But for now, let us get back to work. I don't see much value in waving the drone, or any other evidence, in front of them. For now, what we need to do, is run them off again and hope they get the hint this time." She paused and squared her shoulders. "Lilly, if you please, I'd like to speak to Wiki for a bit."

Then she turned and walked a bit closer to the woman. She lifted her official ID wallet in one hand, keeping it closed for the moment so that Wiki would be able to see the Ministry seal, but not Viv's actual credentials. "All right, Wiki, here is the deal. This is an official Ministry operation, and your presence. along with Fritz and Fleshsmith if he is lurking about, is in an official sense unwelcome. I know, I know, 'free country', public space, and so on- but you need to leave, right now. Leave this immediate area to start, but leave the general vicinity forthwith, and not return for at least a week, until this event is over. We are in the middle of official business, so if you leave now, we will not pursue, nor take further action on this matter. If you and your companions do not leave the area immediately, that means you are intruding on official Ministry, and government, business. For starters, that means we will inform the very nice, entirely nonviolent, GIANT MURDER MACHINES of who you are, where you are, and anything else they might want to know. It also means that you, collectively, will be subject to Ministry sanction and investigation- and in addition, I will be in contact with my associates at Interpol, and see what attention they can send your way. We know you and your allies tend to work the margins and avoid notice- but if you do not cooperate, it will become much harder to avoid notice, and so, much harder for you to do business." Viv did not raise her voice- or, in fact, display much emotion at all. She might as well have been reading the breakfast menu at a restaurant. But she pushed the full force of her presence behind those calm quiet words. What she was saying was absolute inescapable truth. She paused briefly, looking Wiki directly in the eyes.

"Do you understand what I have said to you? Yes or no? Not do you agree to it, though we will get there, but do you understand what I said?"

>OOC: And this is why it is so very tiring and frustrating to try to play leader with this group. I am very much about done.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly nods and does as Viv asks, of course...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Playing leader? Or as a player in this group? Which would be quite unfortunate as I'd love to keep you around...

Wiki rolls her eyes. " Yes, I understand that you're trying to strongarm us, Miss...I didn't catch your full name...?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl shook her head in utter confusion. Retraining? She was never trained in the first place in that sort of thing! "What training? I'm not a cop and have zero experience in investigative or police procedures." Amy noted. "Mercenaries, spies and adventurers go by a different set of rules here. That's the rule-set I was going by. In our world, it's normal to trade like that. " she added helpfully. "But if you want me to sign up for it, I'll do it." she looked tired.

ooc
Amy really does not have that kind of experience Viv is talking about. She assists in her area of expertise, but she's not an investigator and not a cop. The world she usually travels in does not sweat legalities the way a cop has to, save for what they absolutely have to do. For her it is absolutely normal to trade information like that, so it was a bit of a shock for her to be reprimanded like she was.

Yeah, We did get a bit heavy on it. I've no problem dialing it back.
Last edited by kirinke on Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:30 am Wiki rolls her eyes. " Yes, I understand that you're trying to strongarm us, Miss...I didn't catch your full name...?"
"And your full name is, 'Miss Wiki'?" Adeleth says.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Michelle Arsan. There, have fun with it. I guess it's in some database anyway.", she retorts.