Friday The 13th: The Game

The place to discuss your favorite toys (action figures, dolls, building blocks, etc.), board games, and video games, as well their related industries and related news.
Darrin Kelley

Friday The 13th: The Game

Post by Darrin Kelley »

I bought it on Nintendo Switch. And it is the only pvp game I truly love.

It is endlessly fun. And it never gets boring. It's a real joy to play.

It is better than I expected it would be. And it truly captures the intensity of the movies.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Friday The 13th: The Game

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Dead by Daylight is also very good, and less legally encumbered.
CTPhipps

Post by CTPhipps »

I really enjoyed the single player campaign, which was never meant to be a thing but is where I got the majority of my enjoyment.
Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, Lucifer's Star, Space Academy Dropouts, and The Rules of Supervillainy
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

CTPhipps wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:05 am I really enjoyed the single player campaign, which was never meant to be a thing but is where I got the majority of my enjoyment.
All the fun without all of the *shudder* people...
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Coop games live and die by the people you play with. More than half the fun is playing with friends.
Playing with random people is... interesting.
The best story I have from CoH is how a few random people turned a mission from a walk in the park into a total party wipe, only for a few other random people to turn it into heroic last stand, a dramatic retreat, and a last second rescue.

But, wait, there's a single player mode for this game?
I'm very curious now.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

It's bot-based. I tried it today, but there was no tutorial. :(
CTPhipps

Post by CTPhipps »

Not the Bot based one.

I'm referring to the campaign based on the movies. You basically get a tutorial where you kill two of the campers parked out of the road and then you have levels where you go kill everyone in the camp sites, the Lake House, and so on. It's basically a horror version of Hitman with opportunities you track down the counselors with.
Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, Lucifer's Star, Space Academy Dropouts, and The Rules of Supervillainy
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

CTPhipps wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:05 pm Not the Bot based one.

I'm referring to the campaign based on the movies. You basically get a tutorial where you kill two of the campers parked out of the road and then you have levels where you go kill everyone in the camp sites, the Lake House, and so on. It's basically a horror version of Hitman with opportunities you track down the counselors with.
Huh. I didn't see that. My options for Offline Play seemed to be Bots, Challenges, and the Virtual Cabin.

Ah, I see, the Challenges? Hmm... I may have to give that a go tonight.