Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by kenseido »

Hmm... big, shiny, explody engine... what to do, what to do, what to do...
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Can we make it go BOOM
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Ysariel wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:31 am And there we are. I am sorry for the delay. I intended to post on Wednesday last week, but then I was hit with a busy spell for a few days and then needed Sunday to recover somewhat.

For Gelert, I would agree that you need a standard action to catch the debris and another standard action to toss it as an attack. (mainly since something being dropped in your path to block you probably does not count as an unattended object)

I also made a mistake in my past post. I said that General Havoc cannot both move and attack as she is fatigued. This is actually only true for characters who are exhausted. But since the post has been up for some time now I will let it stand.
Okay so catching and throwing would be two standard actions. Would catching and moving it out of the way be one standard action?
I'm debating between my initial catch and throw plan versus just clearing the path to continue pursuit (which would be like a Standard and Move action I think?)
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

In my previous rulings, dropping is a free action. Throwing it without a specific aim or target was a move action. But I have also ruled that you could carry it with you while moving as a Free action, though I am not sure that is allowed by other GMs.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Yes, that sounds about right to me, too.

Catching it and throwing it for damage - 2 standard actions (1 to catch and 1 to throw as an attack)

Catching it and moving it out of the way - 1 standard and 1 move action (standard action to catch, move to place an inanimate object)

Catching it and carrying it with you, or dropping it where you stand - 1 standard action (you can carry it on your person as a free action)
stavaros_the_arcane

Ysariel wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:31 pm Yes, that sounds about right to me, too.

Catching it and throwing it for damage - 2 standard actions (1 to catch and 1 to throw as an attack)

Catching it and moving it out of the way - 1 standard and 1 move action (standard action to catch, move to place an inanimate object)

Catching it and carrying it with you, or dropping it where you stand - 1 standard action (you can carry it on your person as a free action)
Okay with this I can probably get this post done. Sorry this has taken so long.
I used to be faster at this sort of thing.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

We should have a pool about what happens when Professor Pandemonium finds out it is just an illusion.

I see three options:
1. Flee because this is his third failure
2. Try to switch sides for the same reason
3. Go into uncontrollable rage
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I think number 3

But more in the line of a temper tantrum like a young child.
stavaros_the_arcane

Sorry I've been so slow to post for things this last month or so. I don't want you guys to think I've ditched the game or anything.
It seems like every other week this month is a new pile of extra work shifts, including a string of further curve balls this week, and then even when I have the time to post I don't have the energy.

The next two weeks seem no different, so a heads up on that.

I'll get my post for Gelert done tomorrow.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Psi, you should roll your readied attack when it's declared to keep the flow of the story moving.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

kenseido wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:24 am Psi, you should roll your readied attack when it's declared to keep the flow of the story moving.
I knew I forgot something in my post, roll edited in. Thanks for the reminder.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Hello. This is just to let you know that I have been hit with a sudden busy spell at work, and will likely be unusually busy for the next 1-2 days. I am delaying the Monday update and will post on Wednesday instead, at which time I will try to update all players. Thank you for your patience :)
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

And there we go. Unfortunately, I ran out of time before I was able to update Gelert, who will be updated tomorrow instead. I will still be fairly busy over the weekend, however things are starting to return to normal once again. Thanks for your patience.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

kenseido wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:49 pm We should have a pool about what happens when Professor Pandemonium finds out it is just an illusion.

I see three options:
1. Flee because this is his third failure
2. Try to switch sides for the same reason
3. Go into uncontrollable rage
I just wanted to mention something about 2). In the long-term, diehard members of the Anarchy Command are extremely unlikely to to be turned. They are the most extremist and militant faction of the superhuman liberation army of long ago, united only by their hatred of the nation-states, and are heavily steeped in their own hateful dogma. Genuine changes of heart are nigh-impossible, though managing to cause one would be a serious coup for the heroes.

That said, they do have a sense of self-preservation, and some of the more morally flexible ones are willing to work with, or accept help from, "counter-revolutionaries" if they think it will lead to greater advantage down the road. General Havoc herself, who accepted G.A.S. technology (which allowed her to claim supreme leadership of the organization), is such an example. So be wary also of any who offer to work with you, because they likely plan to stab you in the back once your usefulness to them is over.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Don't get me wrong, there is no doubt he would betray us. He just came across as the weaselly sort who would say he was switching sides, but then immediately betray us in his very next breath if he thought it would be beneficial. I mean, he already tried to flee once already.