Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by Gilliam »

Thanks all posted now although shorter than I was planning :)
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Ysariel wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:07 pm And there we go. That is what was supposed to be the Friday update, much delayed.

By the way, stavaros, I have not heard from you in a while. If the scene is not working for you, or if you're not sure what to do or how to proceed, or if there is nothing else you wish to know from questioning Black Hat, let me know once you can. Note that just because Amethyst tells you to stay does not mean you are obligated to listen to her, either.

If you don't respond by the next update on Monday, I will assume you are not sure how to proceed with the scene and you will be advanced to the next scene.
Sorry really crazy work week. Haven't been able to begin to think about what to do with the interrogation beyond what I already did, but frankly I don't mind moving on to the next scene. I will get right to responding to the new post.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

There we go. I am also a day late, due to some unexpected work issues I had to take care of on my part.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I was under the impression only Nightbird's nullifier ray was disabled by the taser. Is that not correct?
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I assumed that each guard had a taser and used the second taser on the cell.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

That's right. The guards both have sidearms, assault rifles, tasers, and grenades (which I should probably have stated in Moonlight's check since they are all plainly visible). I will post shortly!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Jason definitely would have asked her not to taser his cell since he wants to look at the field from the outside.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

To be clear, Jason is more saying that he isn't a member of the team rather than indicating Nightbird owns or is in charge of the team.

It's going to be a running theme for a while. Like his father never considered himself a member of the Justice Foundation, Jason won't see himself as an actual member of the team for a while. At this stage, he still expects to return home as soon as possible.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

No worries all makes sense and on the other hand Nightbird will assume that Jason knows he is part of the team.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

OOC wrote: Once decide who is hiding then I think time to leave. Probably discuss in OOC thread.

Any of the gear that no-one wants, Imogen will grab and take with her.
I like the idea of using the disguises to move round and I am happy either way for Nightbird to hide in the shadows or be in disguise.

Personally I think Jason would be best hiding using his concealment powers but open to other thoughts?
stavaros_the_arcane

Since I don't really use Move Object in combat all that much, I'm wondering about the mechanics of Gelert catching that falling debris and using it to attack General Havoc.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Since the debris is falling, it would normally require an attack roll and thus a standard action. Throwing it would also require an attack roll and standard action. So either 2 rounds or 1 round using a Extra Effort: Surge.

Ysariel may rule the catch may not require a Standard action, in which case you can do it without Surging.
stavaros_the_arcane

I'm in the middle of a busy stretch of work and I'm still figuring stuff out for my next post for Gelert, so I probably won't have my post up for a few days.
Just a heads up.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Thanks for letting us know
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

And there we are. I am sorry for the delay. I intended to post on Wednesday last week, but then I was hit with a busy spell for a few days and then needed Sunday to recover somewhat.

For Gelert, I would agree that you need a standard action to catch the debris and another standard action to toss it as an attack. (mainly since something being dropped in your path to block you probably does not count as an unattended object)

I also made a mistake in my past post. I said that General Havoc cannot both move and attack as she is fatigued. This is actually only true for characters who are exhausted. But since the post has been up for some time now I will let it stand.