Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ysariel

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by Ysariel »

Ok, here is Amethyst PL 11, as promised, since I cannot find my old build anywhere.

Amethyst (PL 11; 150pp)
Concept: Battlesuit
Tradeoffs: None

Abilities (38): Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 10, Awareness 2, Presence 5

Powers (74):

"Girl Genius" Enhanced Advantage 11: Defensive Roll 5, Inventor, Jack of all Trades, Ranged Attack 3, Ultimate Technology, 11pp

"Amethyst Battlesuit" (Removable 16) 63pp
ARRAY "Hyperspace Arsenal" 24 + 3pp
BASE Damage 11 (Ranged +1, Variable Descriptor 2 [any technological])
-- AE "Gun Drones" Damage 6 (Area: Burst +1, Selective +2)
-- AE "3D Printer" Create 11 (Permanent +0, Precise, Subtle)
-- AE "Force Beams" Move Object 11 (Precise)

"Shields" Toughness 6, Fort 6 (Sustained +0), 12pp
"Tactical A.I." Dodge 6, Parry 6 12pp
"Hyperdrive" Flight 10, 20pp
"Mainframe" Feature 2 (Computer, Quick Change) 2pp
"Sensors" Senses 3 Radio (Accurate, Acute), Ranged Combat: Hyperspace Arsenal 6 6pp
Skills (22): Deception 5 (+10), Expertise: Entrepreneur 2 (+12), Expertise: Science 5 (+15), Insight 8 (+10), Investigation 2 (+12), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion 5 (+10), Technology 10 (+20)

Advantages (4): Attractive 2, Languages 1 (Mandarin Chinese, Base: English), Taunt

Offense: Initiative +0
  • +11 Hyperspace Arsenal (Ranged, Damage, DC 26 Toughness)
  • Area Gun Drones, (Close, Damage, DC 16 Dodge/DC 21 Toughness)
Defense (24): Dodge 5 (+11), Parry 5 (+11), Toughness 0 (+11), Fort 5 (+11), Will 9 (+11)

Abilities 38 + Powers 74 + Skills 22 + Advantages 4 + Defense 24 = 162pp

Notes
  • This is a bare-bones, under-pointed build for Amethyst for the purposes of the flashback. Compared to earlier builds of Amethyst, less of her power is in the battlesuit, and more of the focus is on her smarts as opposed to machinery. I will build on this to raise her to PL 12 after the flashback is over.
  • Amethyst's main powers are her intelligence and her battlesuit. Her Girl Genius power represents her brilliance and ability to apply that to combat situations; for example, her Defensive Roll being analyzing incoming attacks and determining how best to defend against them.
  • Her battlesuit provides her with advanced weaponry; its main feature is to warp in various technological weapons such as blasters, missiles and railguns. Amethyst's weapons are simple and reliable, rather than exotic and complicated, because she is not primarily a weapon maker. Without her armor, she loses 6 PL but as a PL 5 character she is not completely helpless, still capable of taking out the odd thug or two.
  • Amethyst has Ultimate Technology but not Skill Mastery of this skill, being young and brilliant but without a veteran's steady hand and calmness under fire. She no longer has her Wealth feature that old iterations of her build did, because at the end of the Lord Steel arc she lost her stake in her old company.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Since it seems to have come up a few times, here is a quick summary of the Return to Dakana story.
  • You were there attending the funeral of M'Balla's father and M'Balla's coronation.
  • Liam was there since his company had taken over the contract of studying the alien ship after Michelle was removed from her company.
  • Philip stayed behind to deal with business matters since he didn't go with you on the first trip and didn't know anyone.
  • M'Balla was hit by a poison dart from an assassin during the ceremony.
  • You fought Cybertribe while looking for a cure.
  • The real threat was Baako, who stole some of Danfeld's notes and was using them to create animal mutates (Island of Dr Moreau stuff)
  • You beat Baako and recovered the magical herb that gave M'Balla his powers.
  • Liam burned out his psychic powers defending the weak M'Balla from an army of mutates. Michelle used her past experience with Liam's condition from the Mutation story and the magical herb to restore Liam's original powers, since he was dying again from the original condition that plagued him.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Thanks for the reminder. I made a small edit to Amethyst's post so that it fits better: instead of thinking over what happened on the trip to Dakana, she now wonders if something happened while the team was absent.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Thanks as well, I was struggling to recall the details of the last visit to Dakana.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I don't think Sleight of Hand is the right check, but you rolled a 20 so whatever the check is, you passed.

However, your method caused all three of them to look around, so both Moonlight and Nightbird need to make new Stealth checks.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Okay if I keep using Stealth Mastery?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Sure, but Moonlight needs to roll.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Sweet will keep using Stealth Mastery
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Oops, I reposted my post in the correct thread. Sorry
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

kenseido wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:41 am
It will take Nightbird one round to explain to Moonlight where she thinks the girl is going. Moonlight can make a similar roll for herself, since she has Eidetic Memory.

Okay I read the post wrong. Will wait and see if Psi wants a hand otherwise will chase the girl directly and skip the update.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I want to confirm that Moonlight and Nightbird are following different girls.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Yes, I'm having Moonlight follow a different girl from Nightbird.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

I just realized, I posted IC without noting what action Amethyst is actually taking, so I had edited that in with the corresponding roll.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Is it possible for Amethyst to instruct the hospital's IT staff to disconnect the remaining servers so they cannot be accessed remotely until she can get back?

If forced to choose between a life and medical records then a life would take precedence, but ideally Amethyst would like to save both (or at least prevent more damage done to the latter while the former is being taken care of).
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The IT staff would run into other challenges that Amethyst is needed for.

It's not just medical records at danger. Computers also control power, so every life support system, every operating room, large number of lives at risk in the hospital.