Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ysariel

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by Ysariel »

Hello. I am extremely sorry about the delay. As it turned out, the situation at work dragged on for much longer than I expected. Part of my current responsibilities at work include standing in for teachers who are on leave and teaching extra lessons during the holidays. So sometimes, if a teacher with lots of classes goes on leave for several consecutive days, and especially if it happens on short notice and coincides with term holidays, then I will be momentarily swamped for a short while, which is what has happened recently. Today is in fact the first time in about 10 days when I have been able to sit down largely uninterrupted and post. Hopefully, this time things will have settled down for real.

I have to leave now, but I will update the Moonlight/Spellbinder/Nightbird side of the group ASAP. Thanks for your patience and I hope to continue the game at a more reasonable pace.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Thank you for the update. We appreciate you letting us know what is going on.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Appreciate the update, make sure you get the chance to rest yourself.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

By the way, please leave feedback on Professor Pandemonium's scramble powers custom extra. While it is rare among Anarchy Command forces, and therefore not something that will turn up every combat, you will encounter it again.

This extra is more harmful to characters who have many powers arrayed or have very dissimilar powers in the same array, because it increases the chance that your array is switched to a slot you don't want or which is not advantageous for the current situation.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

It's an interesting idea. Given our earlier discussion, assuming it has some of the same underlying principles as the nullifier, then it makes sense. I would suggest adding an extra "slot" or two for doesn't work and works "too well." Maybe forces Extra Effort for +1 or won't shut off.

I do think it should be a surprise though. You try to use a specific slot, and the other slot works instead.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I like the concept of the idea, it mixes things up and adds something different to combat.

I agree with Ken that it should be a surprise to the character when they first encounter it.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

And there we go. I am starting to get very annoyed at my workplace. Every single time I think things are going to settle down, something new comes up, and then for the last two days I have just been too exhausted to do anything useful.

Thanks for your continued patience during all of these interruptions. I will still try to make three updates this week, and hopefully return to a regular schedule starting next week.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Did the Nomus have their turn?
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Gilliam wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:40 am Did the Nomus have their turn?
Oops! I actually managed to forget about that. They have taken your turn (to no effect), and you are up now.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Ysariel wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:39 pm
Gilliam wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:40 am Did the Nomus have their turn?
Oops! I actually managed to forget about that. They have taken your turn (to no effect), and you are up now.
Thanks all posted now.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

By the way, kenseido, sorry for missing your message on skype last week.

I haven't been on skype as often as I promised previously for while I apologize. While nothing seriously wrong is happening in my life right now I am still in a very low energy state. That said I am still going to focus on keeping the game going, and I will check in more often.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

I am very sorry. I have been hit with another busy spell at work, and am just completely drained. I feel as though I am constantly under siege, and cannot really give the game the energy it needs. I think I need another break soon, and this adventure has gone on a little longer than I intended.

With Doctor Disorder defeated, combat aboard the Ragnarok is over, and you can assume any armed resistance is at an end. The heroes should decide if there is anything else they want to do aboard the Ragnarok, now that they have Professor Pandemonium in custody and have reunited the team.

For the sake of keeping the game moving, if none of you have anything to add, the U.S. Navy will start to board the Ragnarok and take custody of the villains, and I will move you to the next scene aboard the U.S. aircraft carrier. There is only one potential combat left, and the episode will end.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I am good with moving forward.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Same here.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Same here also.