Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ysariel

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by Ysariel »

I think that’s ok.

Typically, new heroes join the team formally after just one adventure, but that can always be seen as due to meta considerations.

If you want a looser association with the team for now, I think that’s fine too.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

And soon our adventure will draw to a close. If there is anything you wish to do or say IC, make sure to do so. I am sorry for the somewhat rushed ending and the inconsistent posting schedule, but at this point I have been GMing essentially nonstop for the last 3.5 years, and my energy reserves are at an all-time low.

For this adventure, I originally planned for 5 scenes: the beach, the Ragnarok, Deep Six, G.A.S. headquarters, and the Daka Crystal Vault, although in the end all of them played out significantly different than I expected, which is not a bad thing at all. At the end of this adventure, you have captured General Havoc, Professor Pandemonium, and Doctor Disorder; arrested many of their lieutenants as well (Calamity, Catastrophe and Black Hat); and disabled their flagship the Ragnarok, which will greatly reduce the Anarchy Command's strength in future episodes; however, Baron Bedlam is only temporarily defeated, Marshal Lawless escaped (was on board the Ragnarok, and escaped by midget sub during the battle), and one more major player has not revealed themselves yet, so they remain a reasonably threatening force. The choices you made in this adventure will have important ramifications in the future, as the Anarchy Command, G.A.S., the secret of Daka Crystals and their power-modifying abilities, Knightfire and his crusade of hate, the ongoing integration of Lemurians into human society, and Wonderland itself will all feature in following episodes of this story arc.

One thing I didn't expect was that none of the heroes chose to pursue the lead at Deep Six. If you did, you might have been able to stop Marshal Lawless from assassinating Chaos Commander and without that incident, Knightfire would not have been able to attempt to incarnate General Havoc (not enough hate) and the internal politics of the Anarchy Command would be significantly messier, with two people in contention for the post of supreme leader. On the other hand, though, it was never very hard for you to stop Knightfire.

At G.A.S., having Black Hat move the optical sensor of the STARS unit and alert Gelert that something was wrong was a decision I made on a whim. Originally, he would only have attacked when he was in a much more favorable position and/or Gelert closed in on clues that led to discovering the Daka Crystal Vault. However, I felt the scene was starting to drag so I had his discipline slip a little. One thing that I think in retrospect is a mistake for certain is for Black Hat to have his memory modified so he cannot let slip anything too useful to the heroes. While this kind of thing is totally in-character for the Anarchy Command and demonstrates their ruthlessness, it also makes interrogating him feel very pointless since you don't know how much of what he's telling you is planted.

Anyway, if you have more thoughts on what worked well and what did not, or other comments in general, let me know. Other than that, while I have enjoyed running this adventure I am also looking forward to a break.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

My intention is for Jason to bail on the whole Order situation. Just hand Michelle back the comlink, say good-bye to Ge... Nightbird, and then teleport out.

As mentioned, he doesn't see himself a member of the team now. Also, he still expects to find a way home.

As for the next story, the first scene will be a "flashback" that takes place after the trip to Dakana but before Shambhala. I would prefer everyone use their old builds but I don't know if you updated the original post or posted a new version when you upgraded to PL12.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Overall I enjoyed the story and like always there were enough twists and turns that kept it interesting, I did not expect at all having missiles rain down upon Nightbird at the beach or an army of Nomus.

kenseido wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:37 pm My intention is for Jason to bail on the whole Order situation. Just hand Michelle back the comlink, say good-bye to Ge... Nightbird, and then teleport out.

As mentioned, he doesn't see himself a member of the team now. Also, he still expects to find a way home.

As for the next story, the first scene will be a "flashback" that takes place after the trip to Dakana but before Shambhala. I would prefer everyone use their old builds but I don't know if you updated the original post or posted a new version when you upgraded to PL12.
What level were our characters then as the only other version of Nightbird I have saved is PL11 and 192points.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Gilliam wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:20 amWhat level were our characters then as the only other version of Nightbird I have saved is PL11 and 192points.
That would be fine. Anything close to that is also fine.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I think most everybody's builds are on the first page of this thread.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

It was a fun adventure with a lot of twists and turns as Gilliam said, I never expected them to kill their former leader for one. The underwater fight was fun for Moonlight.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I was hoping more PCs would be cross with her for running Jason off.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Ysariel wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:56 pm "But you cannot arrest someone on a suspicion, can you?" a thin smile graces her lips. "And since you used neither the power boosters nor Richards' robots, I conclude you and G.A.S. do not trust each other either." She leans closer, as though whispering secrets into your ear. "They fear you, my little bird. You may defend them but they fear you. They fear the alien, the mutant, the heretic who questions their orthodoxy and threatens the banality of their mundane existence. And they will never stop trying to subjugate you and every other superhuman on the planet."
That probably would have worked on Philip.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Important

kenseido and I are planning to do a little something for fun regarding the HQ for this campaign.

At the end of each adventure, every hero receives 1ep for free that can only be spent on expanding the HQ, and you can choose what features you want to add. Ideally, features added should reflect what you did in the adventure in some way -- so that over time, the HQ will reflect the course of the campaign (e.g. adding a medical facility if your character was wounded). However, this isn't always possible so you can also choose to add whatever features or facilities your characters find useful, or store up the ep for future construction.

Your character either constructs the facility if they have the capability to do so, or construction is funded by money from the Foundation if not. We will commit to setting at least 1 scene every adventure in the HQ.

Your HQ begins at the smallest size with no facilities except a Memorial (no game mechanical function). Let me know what facilities you want to add, and they will feature in my next adventure at the latest.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

kenseido wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:31 pm I was hoping more PCs would be cross with her for running Jason off.
I don't want to reply too far with Amethyst yet, so that the others can react first if they want to, but I have a response in mind.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Ysariel wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:31 pm Important

kenseido and I are planning to do a little something for fun regarding the HQ for this campaign.

At the end of each adventure, every hero receives 1ep for free that can only be spent on expanding the HQ, and you can choose what features you want to add. Ideally, features added should reflect what you did in the adventure in some way -- so that over time, the HQ will reflect the course of the campaign (e.g. adding a medical facility if your character was wounded). However, this isn't always possible so you can also choose to add whatever features or facilities your characters find useful, or store up the ep for future construction.

Your character either constructs the facility if they have the capability to do so, or construction is funded by money from the Foundation if not. We will commit to setting at least 1 scene every adventure in the HQ.

Your HQ begins at the smallest size with no facilities except a Memorial (no game mechanical function). Let me know what facilities you want to add, and they will feature in my next adventure at the latest.

My first thought was a gym/training centre but will think about it and also try to respond to Havoc later tonight my time.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

If there is an interlude you want to post for your PC between this story and the next, I ask that you wait until after the flashback scene in my next story.

Despite the change in timing, people who do post an interlude will get an HP as reward.

I will indicate the appropriate time to post them.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Hi. I still have two more posts to make before I can officially end the adventure, however, I am under a lot of pressure from work and cannot complete them today. I will make one tomorrow, and another the day after, then I will hand over the reins to kenseido. Apologies for the delay.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

I am really sorry for the delay. I have fallen sick again. I'm feverish, coughing and have a sore throat and I am honestly getting very annoyed at how something always conspires to ruin my day when I set a deadline. But with that, the episode is over and I am now handing the reins to kenseido.

I do want to write an interlude, and I have to make Amethyst's PL 11 build, which shouldn't take too long; I will get to it ASAP.