Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by kenseido »

If the idea of Jason resolving this is that unappealing, if you all decide to surrender the HP, I will give you a resolution that has the team save the hostages.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I am happy to return the HP and have a team resolution.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Since this is more challenge than combat, the Shadow Clan will respond like Minions with regards to damage. A reasonable damaging attack will take them out.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

So, this is something I forgot about entirely and only noticed again just now. Amethyst has defensive roll 4 and protection 10 from the shields. This is technically a slight waste of points as her toughness is capped at 12 because of PL caps. The reason I built her this way is so that she can have PL 6 without the suit on and I

However, now it has the unexpected side effect that she loses less toughness than I assumed from stunting off her shields. If she stunts protection 5, morph 1 off the shields, she still has toughness 9 and is only 3 toughness lower.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Since we both agreed that Morph was kind of a cheesey way to go, I was allowing it off the shields because it's a classic trope - being invisible or camo without shields.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

kenseido wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:14 pm Since we both agreed that Morph was kind of a cheesey way to go, I was allowing it off the shields because it's a classic trope - being invisible or camo without shields.
Ok, it will just be morph 1 then. I will edit my post
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Gelert and Moonlight need to get through the windscreen, a potentially noisy action that people in the plane will hear.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Removing it quietly would require Michelle and some fabricated tools, plus more time than the Shadow Clan members will give you.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Hopefully something will work.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Is there something we could fill the cockpit with using either Gelert's create or one of Moonlight's powers that would muffle the sound of us tearing or blasting our way in?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

You would need Indirect. There are things, but they would all cause more problems than they would solve.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

kenseido wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:13 pm You would need Indirect. There are things, but they would all cause more problems than they would solve.
I presume that Gelert would need indirect for his move object power to open the cockpit door before breaking through the windscreen.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I am kind of over this scene. It was supposed to be an easy win. I am not trying to screw anyone. Any reasonable effort that used all the PCs will work. That's why I took it out of combat.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

How about instead of making any rolls we just describe our actions to resolve it.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

That's fine.