Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ysariel

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by Ysariel »

Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Please get your final posts up for the flashback scenes.

Everyone gets an HP for the flashback scene. LP reset, but HP don't as we move into the "today" portion of the adventure.

Once I am sure all of the flashback scenes are done, I will most a modern interlude scene. That will be when you can post character interludes between Ysariel's adventure and this one. As usual, you will get an HP for posting an Interlude. Please don't just post 3-5 lines. Make it a descent scene or even fully story. Something that could fill a comic book.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I realized people might be thinking that the two events are connected, but they are not. They both introduced story elements for later in this adventure.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Is everyone ready to move on?
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I'm ready.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

I'm ready.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

With regards ro the scene with the girl's having an abrupt and weird ending, I had to improvise. The plan was either you enter the girls' room and get knocked out. You would be taken to the underground tunnel, the voice from the crystals would yell again, and you would fight a big demon to save the girl's.

Or you would take out both guys at the same time. The girl's would have no orders an flee to the underground tunnel with pretty much the same ending.

But you only attacked one side. What should have happened was the guys from rhe other side call in, they would all get blanked there, and you would never hear from the gang again. Weeks or months later, the tunnel would be found with lots of dead bodies.

That was too much of a bummer so I improvised. It really doesn't make sense that the woman would use those devices for communication. They were used to bring in new recruits for magical brainwashing.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I agree, a better way of handling it.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst (PL 12; 200pp)
Concept: Battlesuit
Tradeoffs: None

Abilities (42): Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 12, Awareness 2, Presence 5

Powers (122):

"Girl Genius" Enhanced Dodge & Parry 8, Enhanced Advantage 13 [Inventor, Jack of all Trades, Defensive Roll 4, Ranged Attack 6, Ultimate Technology] • 29pp

"Contingency Plan" Variable 4 [20pp of powers] (Limited to when Amethyst Battlesuit Unavailable -1, Uncontrollable -1) 20pp

"Amethyst Battlesuit" (Removable -18pp) • 73pp
ARRAY "Hyperspace Arsenal"
BASE Damage 12 (Ranged +1, Variable Descriptor 2 [any technological]) • 26pp
-- AE "Gun Drones" Damage 6 (Area: Burst +1pp/r, Selective +2pp/r) • 1pp
-- AE "3D Printer" Create 12 (Permanent +0pp/r, Precise, Subtle) • 1pp
-- AE "Force Beams" Move Object 12 (Precise) • 1pp

"Shields" Protection 10, Fort 10, Immunity 9 [Disease, poison, all environmental, suffocation] (Sustained +0pp/r) 29pp
"Tactical A.I." Enhanced Skill 4 Ranged Combat: Hyperspace Arsenal 4 (Feature 1: Power Attack) 3pp
"Hyperdrive" Flight 10 20pp
"Mainframe" Feature 2 (Computer, Quick Change) 2pp
"Sensors" Senses 3 Radio (Accurate, Acute) 3pp
"Comm Array" Communication 1 [Radio] (Subtle) 5pp
Skills (21/42 ranks): Deception 5 (+10), Expertise: Entrepreneur 1 (+13), Expertise: Science 3 (+15), Insight 8 (+10), Investigation 2 (+14), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+10), Technology 10 (+22)

Advantages (4): Attractive 2, Languages 2 (English, Japanese, Base: Mandarin Chinese)

Offense: Initiative +0
  • +12 Hyperspace Arsenal (Ranged, Damage, DC 27 Toughness)
  • -- Gun Drones, (Selective Close Area Burst, Damage, DC 16 Dodge/DC 21 Toughness)
  • +12 Force Beams (Ranged, Move Object, DC 22 Str or Dodge)
Defense (12): Dodge 0 (+12), Parry 0 (+12), Toughness 0 (+12), Fort 2 (+12), Will 10 (+12)

Abilities 41 + Powers 122 + Skills 22 + Advantages 4 + Defense 12 = 201pp

Notes
  • Compared to earlier builds of Amethyst, less of her power is in the battlesuit, and more of the focus is on her smarts as opposed to machinery. Her Girl Genius power represents her brilliance and ability to apply it to combat situations; for example, her Defensive Roll being analyzing incoming attacks and determining how best to defend against them.
  • Amethyst loses the Variable she once had in her battlesuit and gains a new Contingency Plan variable, representing her ability to think and plan her way through unexpected situations. This uncontrollable variable does not activate unless she has lost the battlesuit, and its cost is about the same as her point discount from the battlesuit, the intent being that she is still a playable character even without her armor. This variable provides powers of the talent or gadget descriptor, representing her thinking on her feet, using devices that she has hidden on her person, or Amy's remote help.
  • Amethyst's battlesuit warps in various technological weapons such as blasters, missiles and railguns. Her weapons are simple and reliable, rather than exotic and complicated, because she is not primarily a weapons scientist but a civilian who has taken up arms. Without her armor, she is PL 6.
  • Amethyst has Ultimate Technology but not Skill Mastery of this skill, being young and brilliant but without a veteran's steady hand and calmness under fire. She no longer has her Wealth feature that old iterations of her build did, because at the end of the Lord Steel arc she lost her stake in her old company.
Last edited by Ysariel on Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

And here is my updated build for Amethyst, PL 12, 200pp. The complications are missing. I need to think up some good complications that are worth using in an adventure and I will update them soon.

I'm sorry for being tardy. I have been very sleep deprived the past weekend, and am slowly catching up on tasks. I will post my interlude soon.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I posted the modern-day interlude that occurs after Ysariel's previous adventure. Everyone can go ahead and post an interlude now. Again, make it a comparable story to a single issue (at least) in the hero's solo comic book. A paragraph doesn't cut it for the HP award.

And of course, you will be using your current builds. Ysariel awarded everyone 4xp for that story, so please adjust them before we get started in the next chapter.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I would prefer if everyone could get their interludes up by the weekend.

However, I will wait until Monday to start the next part.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

kenseido wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:29 pm I posted the modern-day interlude that occurs after Ysariel's previous adventure. Everyone can go ahead and post an interlude now. Again, make it a comparable story to a single issue (at least) in the hero's solo comic book. A paragraph doesn't cut it for the HP award.

And of course, you will be using your current builds. Ysariel awarded everyone 4xp for that story, so please adjust them before we get started in the next chapter.
I've lost track, I think, of our points total. Are we at 204 PP with the 4xp?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Psistrike wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:39 amI've lost track, I think, of our points total. Are we at 204 PP with the 4xp?
Yes
Psistrike

Updated Moonlight

Post by Psistrike »

Added 2 ranks each to Perception and Stealth, added Ultimate Will Advantage, and bumped Connection to Nature array by 1 point so Flight and Swimming are each 1 rank higher.

Quote "You know you can't fight the Moonlight."
Moonlight

ImageMoonlight
• Image used is elfgirl_cols_byewg_52815web_by_eryckwebbgraphics from deviantart.

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Eyes: Silver-gray
Hair: Blue-green
Race: Other-dimensional elf
Identity: Public
Legal Status: Other-dimensional with no criminal record on Earth
Base of Operations: Phoenix Bay
Team Affiliations: The Champions
Concept: Other-dimensional Child of Gaia
Marital Status: Single

Abilities: Strength 1, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 4, Awareness 5, Presence 4

Skills: Athletics 4 [+5], Expertise: Nature 8 [+12], Insight 4 [+9], Perception 9 [+14], Persuasion 6 [+10], Ranged Combat: Nature Powers 10 [+12], Stealth 6 [+10], Treatment 3 [+7]

Advantages: Animal Empathy, Attractive, Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative, Languages 1 [English], Luck 1, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 [Ranged, cover & concealment], Ultimate Will, Uncanny Dodge [touch]

Powers:
Child of Gaia: Comprehend 2 [speak and understand languages], Enhanced Advantage 1 [Attractive], Immunity 4 [aging, cold, disease, heat], Movement 2 [Sure-footed, Trackless], Regeneration 2, Senses 1 [Low-Light Vision] • 16 points
Air Sense: Senses 2 [Air Awareness, Ranged Touch], Uncanny Dodge [Touch] • 3 points
Connection to Nature: Array [11 points]
Carried by Nature: Flight 9 [1k mph], Platform, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature]] • 11 points
One with Water: Immunity 2 [Drowning, Pressure], Sustained; Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic]; Swimming 7 [60 mph] • 1 point
Nature's Shield: Sustained Protection 10, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature] • 12 points
Water Tricks: Features 3 [Anything she wears or carries never gets wet or suffers water damage if she doesn't wish it to, even if she is immersed; Undo any water damage caused by her powers at will; Make contaminated water pure and drinkable instantly at a rate of -5 volume per round] • 3 points
Nature Powers: Array [35 points]
Nature Strikes: Ranged Damage 12, Indirect 4, Penetrating 2, Precise, Split 2, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature] • 35 points
Nature Engulfs: Ranged Shapeable Area Damage 9, Indirect 4, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature] • 1 point
Nature Mastery: Move Object 12, Indirect 4, Precise, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature] • 1 point
Creations of Nature: Continuous Create 11, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature] • 1 point
Nature Entraps: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 11 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage or Sleight of Hand; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized], Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature] • 1 point
Dousing: Nullify Water-Soluble Effects 11, Broad, Simultaneous • 1 point
Transmute the Elements: Ranged Continuous Transform 4 [Any material into anything else] [12 lbs.], Precise • 1 point

Offense
Initiative +8
Nature Strikes +12, Ranged, Damage 12 [Indirect 4, Penetrating 2, Precise, Split 2, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature]
Nature Engulfs Ranged Shapeable Area Damage 9, Indirect 4, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature]
Nature Mastery +12, Ranged, Move Object 12 [Indirect 4, Precise, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature]
Creations of Nature +12, Ranged, Continuous Create 11, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature]
Nature Entraps +12, Ranged, Cumulative Affliction 11, Variable Descriptor 2 [Nature]
Transform Matter +12, Range, Continuous Transform 4, Precise
Unarmed +6, Close, Damage 1

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10
Toughness 14/4*, Fortitude 8, Will 14
*Without Nature's Protection

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 87 + Advantages 9 + Skills 25 [50 ranks] + Defenses 23= 204 Total

Complications
Motivation: Aranel was taught her gifts are to be used for the good of everyone, to use them responsibly. Yet her very nature leaves her craving thrills and sometimes takes risks when she shouldn't.
Enemy: With her awakening to her true nature as a Child of Gaia, Factor Four is no longer the only villain after her. Every villain with elemental, plant, or weather-based powers seems to think she is the key to one scheme of theirs or another.
Iron Allergy: Aranel has discovered with her stronger connection to Gaia comes a weakness to cold iron aka cast iron and wrought iron. Contact with it leaves her Nature powers Impaired, suppresses her regeneration, and burns her for Damage 2 each minute. Injuries inflicted by weapons made of such material inflict an extra degree and always inflict at least 1 degree of failure no matter how high the Toughness check.
Stranger in A Strange Land: Although she has had some time to adapt to the differences between her Earth and this reality's Earth, there are still many things involving technology and its history she doesn't fully understand.
Weakness: The Children of Gaia of her dimension are allergic to synthetic fibers, causing an increasingly painful rash the longer the contact and area of contact. Impaired until 5 minutes after the synthetics are removed.