Adventures Assemble S3E3: The Great Brain Robbery!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
stavaros_the_arcane

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E1: Enemies of the State!

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Gelert
Ysariel wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:20 am The hull of the Ragnarok is not only stealthy, but hardened against nuclear, chemical, biological and super-powered attack. Your first blast shatters the anechoic sound-absorbing tiles on its surface, exposing the super-alloy armor beneath, and it takes half a dozen blasts more before you cave in the ship's top hull and blast a hole into the dark, stuffy innards. Judging by the lack of light, and the dark computer monitors everywhere, you take it that you are at the bridge of the ship -- and that it's lost power, somehow.

Standing before the Captain's chair is a blonde, fair-skinned woman wearing a white leotard under a scientist's lab coat. She looks furious, and she is surrounded by equally furious R.I.O.T. troops that all have their guns pointed at you.

"What?! The dog?" the woman, who is evidently in charge here, exclaims. "But General Havoc left to deal with you and G.A.S. Could it be..."
"Oh hi. Am I interrupting something? I'm looking for some people: a few friends of mine, some megalomaniacs plotting to take over the world. Have you seen either of them?" Gelert says in a cheeky tone.
Ysariel wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:20 am The R.I.O.T. troops hesitate. The Anarchy Command is infamously fractious. The death or defeat of the current head honcho would precipitate a mad scramble for power and shifting allegiances. It would be prudent to maintain one's flexibility in terms of political affiliation in such an event.

"SHOOT it, morons!" the woman screams. "General or no General, while I'm here you're still under MY command!"

"Yes Ma'am!" barks one of the R.I.O.T. officers. "Defend Doctor Disorder. Annihilate this counter-revolutionary corgi!"

"Nice alliteration." Gelert gave them a little doggy smile. "Your General encountered some unexpectedly determined resistance at G.A.S. and ran with her metaphorical tail between her legs. It seems like things haven't been going your organizations way lately. Maybe consider a change of career."

Ysariel wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:20 am Before they can pull the triggers the Doctor raises her right arm. A little too late, you see that she is wearing some kind of wrist-mounted launcher on it that looses a dart at you with a soft fwip! and the chemical scent of medicine -- a smell you are all too familiar with as a therapy dog -- fills your lungs.

OOC

The Anarchy Command troops attack and Doctor Disorder goes first. She uses Immunosuppressant Drug on you.

AA Doctor Disorder attack vs Gelert: 1D20+12 = [16]+12 = 28
Hits.

However, and Doctor Disorder actually doesn't know this, your ring does give you Life Support which includes immunity to poisons. So you pass the save automatically.

Round 1
21 Doctor Disorder
18 Gelert *
05 R.I.O.T. Troops (squadron, minions)

You are up!
Gelert catches the smells of medicine as his ring's protective field filters the potentially harmful chemicals out of the air he's breathing.

"Immunosuppressants? You're weaponizing medicine?" Gelert says gravely offended. "Okay, if you haven't already had your medical license revoked, assuming you actually had one, it should definitely be revoked now. I'm going to refer to you as Miss Disorder from now on. And further more... Pew Pew."

Gelert blankets the room with energy blasts.

OOC: Blast: Shapeable Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 20, Increased Range: ranged)
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Moonlight
Aboard the Ragnarok - Reactor Room
Psistrike wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:13 am "Let the coward escape, the N.O.M.U. down here are a much bigger threat. We need to take down the 3 loose and make sure no others are woken up. My bad for waking these 3 up, I had no idea they had an invasion force onboard." Knowing their muscles and more would probably tank any physical force she could bring against them, Aranel calls upon the power of weather and conjures a lightning bolt over the nearest N.O.M.U.
You electrocute the N.O.M.U. and coursing lightning flows through the three muscle-bound brutes to ground out in the ship's steel deck. However, thickened hide dissipates the heat of the electrical strike, while redundant hearts and a hardened nervous system dampen the effect of electrical convulsions, and the super-soldiers seem little worse for wear.

The N.O.M.U. are clearly not bog-standard supervillain minions. They really would be a serious threat to even veteran heroes if released; and this many, if released all at once, would overrun the entire west coast, if not the continental U.S.

OOC

AA NOMU Toughness DC 32: 1D20+14 = [20]+14 = 34

Passed; no effect

Round 4
24 Nightbird *
18 Spellbinder (Created shield)

17 Professor Pandemonium (-3, Fatigued)
10 Moonlight (Impaired)
-- N.O.M.U. x3 (squad, minion)

Nightbird is up!

Remember that Professor Pandemonium is currently out of line of sight. If you want to attack him, you need a move action to follow him to the armory deck above before you can attack.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Gelert
Aboard the Ragnarok - Bridge

"Ah-ha!" Doctor Disorder crows at the new of General Havoc's defeat. "I knew Commander Chaos's snotty little brat wasn't all she was chalked up to be. It's time I took control of this outfit instead and lead it to glorious victory. As for your insolent friends, they have been easily defeated and captured by my glorious minions and are now waiting, helpless and de-powered, in the brig. I am going to take this ship, sink the entire U.S. Pacific fleet, then fly it over the city while your friends are publicly executed while you and the entire world watch powerlessly. Bwahahaha!"

She indulges in a spot of megalomaniacal evil laughter.

"That is, once these incompetent louts in the engine room start responding to hails again and get the ship running. How is it that the ship runs just fine right up until five minutes after those counter-revolutionary trash are brought on board?

She freezes, as though dawning on some horrible revelation, then clutches her face with both hands.

"THE PRISONERS! THEY'RE LOOSE!"
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:30 pm "Immunosuppressants? You're weaponizing medicine?" Gelert says gravely offended. "Okay, if you haven't already had your medical license revoked, assuming you actually had one, it should definitely be revoked now. I'm going to refer to you as Miss Disorder from now on. And further more... Pew Pew."
A field of blue light descends on the bridge, lighting up its darkened interior for a moment as computers and chairs and watch-stations explode. When it fades, the flickering light of burning equipment now illuminates the Ragnarok's control center.

However, despite the destruction you wreak on the hardware, the R.I.O.T. troops react swiftly and shelter behind monitoring stations. Doctor Disorder grabs hold of the commander's chair behind her, rips it from the floor one-handed and uses it as a shield against your blast, then tosses the burning piece of furniture aside. "Tehran University of Medical Sciences tried revoking my degrees, too. But they can't revoke the knowledge in my brain! I'm going to burn out the infection afflicting the world -- starting with YOU!"

The R.I.O.T. troops open up on you, showering you with automatic fire to provide cover for Doctor Disorder, who concentrates a moment. Her skin shrivels and becomes wrinkled, her breasts and hips shrink, her face becomes sallow and sunken as flesh waste away, and she loses about a foot of height. In the space of a few seconds she seems to have aged about 60 years. Her labcoat's sleeves reach past her wrists, hiding her hands completely, while her tight-fitting leotard now hangs loosely from a painfully emaciated and bony frame.

In contrast, her skull grows bigger with a horrible creaking and cracking sound -- its diameter easily twice as wide as the span of her hunched, shrunken shoulders. She looks at you with bulbous eyes and grins, and you sense a horrible migraine descending on you.

OOC

AA Doctor Disorder Dodge DC 20, Toughness DC 25: 1D20+13 = [15]+13 = 28
1D20+13 = [20]+13 = 33

Passed both saves, no effect

AA R.I.O.T. Dodge DC 20+5, Toughness DC 25+5: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25
1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29

The R.I.O.T. troops (as a squadron) suffer +5 DC from area attacks, however they just barely pass the dodge save which enables them to pass the Toughness save.

On their turn the R.I.O.T. troops use an aid action to give Doctor Disorder +2 attack, and make the DC 10 check. Doctor Disorder then activates her container Bio-Augmentation: Psychic using a move action, which alters her traits. She then uses Psychic Blast from the container on you.

AA R.I.O.T. team attack check; Doctor Disorder attack vs Gelert: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30
1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20

That's literally a 15, 20, 15, 19, 20, and 10 on the d20, and the roll of 10 at the end is just barely enough to hit you. Impressive.

Make a DC 24 Will save vs Damage from her psychic attack.

Round 2
21 Doctor Disorder
18 Gelert *

You are up!
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

N.O.M.U.
OOC

As Gilliam has reminded me, the N.O.M.U. have yet to take their turn. I am adding it here now.
The N.O.M.U. growl as they rise from the wreckage of their broken tanks. The electrical attack even seems to have fully roused them from their slumber.

Nightbird, accustomed to gritty street fighting in the city, can tell that the behavior of the N.O.M.U. is even less coordinated than those of street thugs. They seem aware that they are all on the same 'side', but without anyone to direct them, they are little more than beasts acting on instinct. They immediately turn on the nearest threat, which just happens to be Nightbird, and attack with clumsy but frightfully powerful swings.

OOC
AA N.O.M.U. Attack vs Nightbird: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12

And the villains luck runs out, for that is a miss.

Round 4
24 Nightbird *
18 Spellbinder (Created shield)

10 Moonlight (Impaired)
-- N.O.M.U. x3 (squad, minion)

Now Nightbird is up!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 3 > 4 > 3 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Easily avoiding the blows from the Nomus, Imogen responded in kind landing kicks and strikes although she still felt off in her attacks, the creatures were all mixed up and she was starting to second guess where their weak spots were.

Still she kept moving backwards trying to keep the creatures following her and getting them away from the other capsules.

OOC wrote:
Nightbird PA +/- 5
Nightbird PA +5: 1d20+14-5 15 Assuming 16 is the min to hit then HP to reroll

Nightbird PA +5: 1d20+14-5 25
DC28 Toughness

NIghtbird will attack and use her move action to back away from the rest of the cells.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Nightbird
Gilliam wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:50 pmEasily avoiding the blows from the Nomus, Imogen responded in kind landing kicks and strikes although she still felt off in her attacks, the creatures were all mixed up and she was starting to second guess where their weak spots were.

Still she kept moving backwards trying to keep the creatures following her and getting them away from the other capsules.
This time you are much more certain of the N.O.M.U.'s vulnerabilities as you flit from one to the other, landing blows at critical points and ending your attack on the reactor deck, away from the cargo hold full of bio-tanks. But as it turns out, the N.O.M.U. do not follow. You hear one long groan followed by another, then another, and then the sound of creaking muscles and joints as they slump to the ground unconscious.

OOC
AA NOMU Toughness DC 28: 1D20+14 = [13]+14 = 27

And that is just barely a failure, which means they are defeated.

Round 4
24 Nightbird
18 Spellbinder (Created shield) *

10 Moonlight (Impaired)

Spellbinder is up. With the N.O.M.U. defeated, the only enemy left on the field is the Professor. You can pursue him, or if you chose not to pursue, then combat ends.
stavaros_the_arcane

Ysariel wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:58 am Gelert

"Ah-ha!" Doctor Disorder crows at the new of General Havoc's defeat. "I knew Commander Chaos's snotty little brat wasn't all she was chalked up to be. It's time I took control of this outfit instead and lead it to glorious victory. As for your insolent friends, they have been easily defeated and captured by my glorious minions and are now waiting, helpless and de-powered, in the brig. I am going to take this ship, sink the entire U.S. Pacific fleet, then fly it over the city while your friends are publicly executed while you and the entire world watch powerlessly. Bwahahaha!"

She indulges in a spot of megalomaniacal evil laughter.

"That is, once these incompetent louts in the engine room start responding to hails again and get the ship running. How is it that the ship runs just fine right up until five minutes after those counter-revolutionary trash are brought on board?

She freezes, as though dawning on some horrible revelation, then clutches her face with both hands.

"THE PRISONERS! THEY'RE LOOSE!"
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:30 pm "Immunosuppressants? You're weaponizing medicine?" Gelert says gravely offended. "Okay, if you haven't already had your medical license revoked, assuming you actually had one, it should definitely be revoked now. I'm going to refer to you as Miss Disorder from now on. And further more... Pew Pew."
A field of blue light descends on the bridge, lighting up its darkened interior for a moment as computers and chairs and watch-stations explode. When it fades, the flickering light of burning equipment now illuminates the Ragnarok's control center.

However, despite the destruction you wreak on the hardware, the R.I.O.T. troops react swiftly and shelter behind monitoring stations. Doctor Disorder grabs hold of the commander's chair behind her, rips it from the floor one-handed and uses it as a shield against your blast, then tosses the burning piece of furniture aside. "Tehran University of Medical Sciences tried revoking my degrees, too. But they can't revoke the knowledge in my brain! I'm going to burn out the infection afflicting the world -- starting with YOU!"

The R.I.O.T. troops open up on you, showering you with automatic fire to provide cover for Doctor Disorder, who concentrates a moment. Her skin shrivels and becomes wrinkled, her breasts and hips shrink, her face becomes sallow and sunken as flesh waste away, and she loses about a foot of height. In the space of a few seconds she seems to have aged about 60 years. Her labcoat's sleeves reach past her wrists, hiding her hands completely, while her tight-fitting leotard now hangs loosely from a painfully emaciated and bony frame.

In contrast, her skull grows bigger with a horrible creaking and cracking sound -- its diameter easily twice as wide as the span of her hunched, shrunken shoulders. She looks at you with bulbous eyes and grins, and you sense a horrible migraine descending on you.

OOC

AA Doctor Disorder Dodge DC 20, Toughness DC 25: 1D20+13 = [15]+13 = 28
1D20+13 = [20]+13 = 33

Passed both saves, no effect

AA R.I.O.T. Dodge DC 20+5, Toughness DC 25+5: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25
1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29

The R.I.O.T. troops (as a squadron) suffer +5 DC from area attacks, however they just barely pass the dodge save which enables them to pass the Toughness save.

On their turn the R.I.O.T. troops use an aid action to give Doctor Disorder +2 attack, and make the DC 10 check. Doctor Disorder then activates her container Bio-Augmentation: Psychic using a move action, which alters her traits. She then uses Psychic Blast from the container on you.

AA R.I.O.T. team attack check; Doctor Disorder attack vs Gelert: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30
1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20

That's literally a 15, 20, 15, 19, 20, and 10 on the d20, and the roll of 10 at the end is just barely enough to hit you. Impressive.

Make a DC 24 Will save vs Damage from her psychic attack.

Round 2
21 Doctor Disorder
18 Gelert *

You are up!
"Wow I've heard of someone getting a big head, I don't think I've ever seen it literally happen before." Gelert remarks on the bizarre transformation before the psychic attack and supporting fire hits him.

Gelert flinches under the mental blow, ears going flat with pain as his defences fail to protect him from this form of attack. Only a heroic act of will allows him to shake off the hit before it can do any lasting damage.

Shaking his head, he glares at Doctor Disorder and aims at her giant head like a giant target. "I'll trade you, one headache for another." before blasting her.

OOC: Will save: 1d20+12: 13 HP to reroll 1d20+12: 32
Well that was a dramatic shift of extremes.

Gelert will return fire on the doctor.
Blast: Damage 13 (DC 28; Increased Range: ranged, Precise, Variable Descriptor: close group - laser or concussion)
1d20+11: 31

Well Damn...that's some unexpected good luck.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Spellbinder
HP: 4, Condition: Bx1, Fatigued

Jason breathes a sigh of relief as the chaotic energies ease and his vision shift back to normal. He releases the shield and looks up toward the hole where PP fled. He wasn't going to play that ping pong game again.

Glancing down briefly, he sees Genie dispatch with the Nomu beasties. Nice, he thinks. Now there is no issue with him going after the coward.

Jason blinks up to the level above and looks around to give PP another magical blast.

"Afflicto!"
Switch Personal Magic to Blink. Use the hole to see a place he can teleport to and move up to that level.
Switch Sorcery to Afflicto, and - assuming he can see and target Pandemonium, blast him.
Afflicto vs Prof Pandemonium: 1d20+10 23
DC29 TOU
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Spellbinder
Aboard the Ragnarok - Armory

You port through the hole in the ceiling which is now a spider's nest of ripped cables and wiring, still raning sparks like sprinklers, into the armory deck lit only by battery-powered emergency lighting. You find yourself in another cramped space (natural, for a submarine) littered with what look vaguely like charging cables for weapons and suits of powered armor. This must be one of several points around the ship where the energy-hungry weapons of the Anarchy Command are recharged and stored.

Just ahead, you can see the Professor in his lumbering battlesuit, which is now clumsily smashing through armaments and ammo.
kenseido wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:26 am "Afflicto!"
The sparking bolt zips through the darkened armory, briefly illuminating the forest of guns and cannons around you, and explodes against the back of the Professor's battlesuit. "OOF!" he exclaims.

There is a pause. You might imagine him looking around at monitors on the inside of his suit, checking readings and displays, and coming to the obvious conclusion:

"Stop! I yield!" he squeaks, turns around to face you and raises both hands. A truly impressive change of attitude for someone who literally a dozen seconds ago, was threatening vengeance on you for wrecking his ship.

OOC

AA Professor Pandemonium Toughness DC 29: 1D20+14-3 = [4]+14-3 = 15

And that is a fail by 14, only narrowly avoiding a 1-hit KO. Now that he is Staggered he cannot both move and attack in the same turn, and being Fatigued he does not have a lot of room to surge either. So the Professor tries to appeal to your better nature and offers to surrender in his turn, taking no action.

As the hero dealing the most recent successful attack, you should decide if you accept his surrender. If you do, the combat ends here; if you do not, or make no decision, then it continues (with Moonlight's turn).
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Gelert
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:54 amShaking his head, he glares at Doctor Disorder and aims at her giant head like a giant target. "I'll trade you, one headache for another." before blasting her.
The Doctor cackles like a madwoman. "The light of your feeble ring is useless against my impeccable genius," she crows in a reedy voice. "With my precognitive psychic powers, I can see your every move BEFORE--" and you blast her in the skull. Her eyes roll backwards in her head, and she topples over with a macabre grin, unconscious, to land in the wreckage of the captain's chair.

The shooting stops. The R.I.O.T. troops are in shock at seeing the head honcho on the scene literally one-shotted.

"Retreat! Retreat! Tactical withdrawal!" screams the officer in charge. There is a loud WHOOMPF and the bridge fills with thick white fog as someone fires a smoke grenade, making it impossible to see anything.

You can, however, smell the soldiers -- and their unmistakable scent of sweat, gun-oil, ammunition, kevlar and other smells which you are familiar with from encountering law enforcement. You can also, in fact, hear them -- and tell that they have left through a small hatch next to the turbolift at the rear of the bridge.

OOC

To add to your luck, (which is very fair as the villains are just coming out of a turn with two 20's of their own) Doctor Disorder's Bio-Augmentation: Psychic actually reduces her Stamina but increases her dodge and parry.

AA Doctor Disorder Toughness DC 31+5: 1D20+13-4 = [10]+13-4 = 19

If you look up the roll on coyotecode you will see DC 31, because I forgot to add +5 for a crit. That is actually DC 36 and hence a failure of 17, Incapacitated.

On their turn the R.I.O.T. troops use Smoke Grenade, which is an area visual concealment attack that fills the bridge, then withdraw from combat with their move action. Interestingly, Gelert has accurate hearing which would actually still allow him to fight in any event. You do have tracking scent and if you want, you can follow them through the hatch they used to leave.

You can also attempt to operate the turbolift at the bridge's rear, or contact the aircraft carrier John F. Kennedy, or do whatever else you consider reasonable.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Spellbinder
HP: 4, Condition: Brusied x1, Fatigued

Energy crackles around Jason's fists, as his face still portrays a man not messing around.

"Remove the armor, now. Or we'll peel you out of it."
Not accepting his surrender unless he immediately starts removing the armor. Any attempt to waffle or negotiate will draw Jason's attack.
stavaros_the_arcane

Ysariel wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:29 pm Gelert
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:54 amShaking his head, he glares at Doctor Disorder and aims at her giant head like a giant target. "I'll trade you, one headache for another." before blasting her.
The Doctor cackles like a madwoman. "The light of your feeble ring is useless against my impeccable genius," she crows in a reedy voice. "With my precognitive psychic powers, I can see your every move BEFORE--" and you blast her in the skull. Her eyes roll backwards in her head, and she topples over with a macabre grin, unconscious, to land in the wreckage of the captain's chair.

The shooting stops. The R.I.O.T. troops are in shock at seeing the head honcho on the scene literally one-shotted.

"Retreat! Retreat! Tactical withdrawal!" screams the officer in charge. There is a loud WHOOMPF and the bridge fills with thick white fog as someone fires a smoke grenade, making it impossible to see anything.

You can, however, smell the soldiers -- and their unmistakable scent of sweat, gun-oil, ammunition, kevlar and other smells which you are familiar with from encountering law enforcement. You can also, in fact, hear them -- and tell that they have left through a small hatch next to the turbolift at the rear of the bridge.

OOC

To add to your luck, (which is very fair as the villains are just coming out of a turn with two 20's of their own) Doctor Disorder's Bio-Augmentation: Psychic actually reduces her Stamina but increases her dodge and parry.

AA Doctor Disorder Toughness DC 31+5: 1D20+13-4 = [10]+13-4 = 19

If you look up the roll on coyotecode you will see DC 31, because I forgot to add +5 for a crit. That is actually DC 36 and hence a failure of 17, Incapacitated.

On their turn the R.I.O.T. troops use Smoke Grenade, which is an area visual concealment attack that fills the bridge, then withdraw from combat with their move action. Interestingly, Gelert has accurate hearing which would actually still allow him to fight in any event. You do have tracking scent and if you want, you can follow them through the hatch they used to leave.

You can also attempt to operate the turbolift at the bridge's rear, or contact the aircraft carrier John F. Kennedy, or do whatever else you consider reasonable.
While chasing the goons down was a possibility, Gelert figured that messing with the small fry was not the best use of his time. After all he had just taken over the bridge of the vessel.

Gelert looks for a console at might control security feeds as well as the internal communication system was, because it sounded like his friends were causing problems for the bad guys elsewhere on board and he should probably find them or at let them know he was here.

When he figures out how to make a shipwide announcement he makes himself a little pirate hat construct and broadcasts. "Hello Passengers, this is the Dread Pirate Gelert speaking. I have seized control of your bridge and if you do not immediately abandon ship and surrender to the nearby naval forces, I will start pressing buttons at random and see what new problems that causes. To my friends that I'm pretty sure are also aboard, I'll find you guys as soon as I can. Help is on the way."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Spellbinder
Aboard the Ragnarok - Armory
kenseido wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:28 am "Remove the armor, now. Or we'll peel you out of it."
"Aaah! What is it with you heroes and your relentless penchant for vandalism? Very well, I will disarm."

The suit (its back still facing you) slumps down forward, as though bending over to pick up something dropped on the ground. Then the shoulders, helmet and spine open up like a creaking metal flower, allowing the wearer to emerge standing upright. He gingerly lifts one leg out of the suit, then the other, and turns to face you, and for the first time you see Professor Pandemonium face-to-face.

He is old by superhero standards, at least sixty. He looks roughly like the stereotypical mad scientist, reedy and hunched with a balding head and smoky wisp of a mustache. Impressively, he is wearing a disheveled scientist's shirt, slacks and lab coat, complete with half-undone tie, and his glasses are fogged up with sweat.

"I cooperate, see? I am useful, see?" he says with a fake and insincere smile. "May I also remind you that you are on board a heavily damaged SUBMARINE with, as you have seen, thousands of Doctor Disorder's N.O.M.U. in the hold. It would be very prudent not to recklessly blow up any more things than you already have."

OOC

Combat ends. For the time being, Professor Pandemonium behaves as though Friendly. He will follow orders, but not endanger himself for you.

You can proceed to the rear of the ship through the hatchway at the back of the reactor room.

Alternatively, you can explore the armory and weapons deck, or the cargo hold where the N.O.M.U. are stored.

You can also question Professor Pandemonium on the spot, or give him orders.

You can also do whatever else you consider reasonable.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Gelert
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:26 pm When he figures out how to make a shipwide announcement he makes himself a little pirate hat construct and broadcasts. "Hello Passengers, this is the Dread Pirate Gelert speaking. I have seized control of your bridge and if you do not immediately abandon ship and surrender to the nearby naval forces, I will start pressing buttons at random and see what new problems that causes. To my friends that I'm pretty sure are also aboard, I'll find you guys as soon as I can. Help is on the way."
From the number of monitors that are dark or on fire from your previous attack, it is clear that much of the Ragnarok is out of power or inoperable. What few systems remain online seem to be running on emergency battery power.

Fortunately, the ship's internal broadcast system seems to be one of them. From the captain's terminal, illuminated by your glow-in-the-dark pirate hat, you are able to find the controls and broadcast your demands. "Your" ship is dead in the water, and it is not immediately apparent whether or not the troops on board the Ragnarok are surrendering; however there does not seem to be any mutiny or attempt to retake the bridge.

OOC

Doctor Disorder said in a previous post that she was waiting for a reply from the engine room, so that means the PA system is still working. You are able to make your broadcast, and talk to the other heroes, although note that anything you say can be heard shipwide.

You can also press buttons on control terminals randomly, if you wish. Roll a d20 if so, and on a roll of 1 something bad happens, 2-15 nothing happens, and 16-20 something good happens.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

One hour later
Aboard the USS John F. Kennedy

"I congratulate you on your work, heroes. Without your efforts, it is quite likely that we would be looking at a combined sea and air attack on the United States, with G.A.S. and all its prototype weapons in the hands of the Anarchy Command."

The Ragnarok, dead in the water, swarms with military personnel as Navy ships surround the massive submarine in formation. You are aboard the American aircraft carrier, where military officials have urgently requested to talk with you. Painted across the hull in stark white are the letters CVN-79.

"Navy SEALS have searched the Ragnarok," says Rear Admiral Gilmore, his brow furrowed. "However, General Havoc is still at large, and we have no sign of her after last spotting her heading for the Ragnarok. We've also not found any trace of her or this power-boosting technology the Anarchy Command has aboard the ship. In fact, we don't even know what we're looking for."

Amethyst holds up a fist-sized, angular, glowing blue crystal that has been cleanly sliced across its long axis at an angle. "I still have half of the Daka crystal I took from their mercenaries. I can whip up something that will home in on the quantum resonance of Daka energies. Someone juiced up on them, even weakened, should stand out like a blot of ink on paper."

"I'm afraid I must caution against that."

"High Master?!"

The voice, by now, is familiar to you. The doorway opens, and standing in it -- hunched to fit in the entrance sized for smaller humans -- is none other than the High Master of Shambhala.

"The Lemurian diplomatic mission has offered help in dealing with the current crisis," the Admiral says. "I thought it prudent to accept ."

The High Master of Shambhala bows to you. "I must counsel against the use of any Daka-based weaponry or technology. Amethyst and Amy have told me about the power-nullifying robots your government is planning to buy from G.A.S. This... the Anarchy Command's power boosters... all of it must end."