Adventures Assemble S3E3: The Great Brain Robbery!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E1: Enemies of the State!

Post by kenseido »

All

The hour passes quickly and the small AEGIS v-tol craft lands on the island.

The two crew members and security officer all help you get situated on the craft and quickly you are on your way to Freedom City.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
Condition: Normal / HP: 2

So far, so good. Amethyst remembers the trip to Dakana in her company's spaceplane, which ended up with said plane crashing. She was going to have to do her best to stop this plane meeting the same fate, which probably wouldn't endear the team to AEGIS.

"How're you doing? Feeling sick?" Amethyst says, from the seat behind Celeste, sickness bag in hand. "Jason said that the dragon has made you a target. Have you been, uh, attacked so far?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"Three times today," Celeste responds with a little bit of frustration. "If Tyrael hadn't shown up, who knows what would have happened. And let's not forget all the... 'people' eyeing me at that crazy bar."

"They wouldn't dare touch you there. It's off-limits. It's the one place no one will dare try anything. If the dragon didn't make you non grata, you could have stayed there while we handled this."

"And Philip's safe room is inaccessible as well."

Jason raises an eyebrow.

"The apartment has some sort of link to cyberspace through a closet. But it's full of demons now. That's why Tyrael brought me to you."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst

Amethyst almost does a spit-take. "Three times?" If Celeste was being pursued that closely, they could be attacked any moment now, or upon landing.

"Tell me more about your attackers. Is it someone or someones in particular, or is this the same situation with Philip a while back where literally everyone in the wizarding world was trying to nab the dragon?"
kenseido wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:44 pm"The apartment has some sort of link to cyberspace through a closet. But it's full of demons now. That's why Tyrael brought me to you."
Amethyst brightens. "Maybe we can go clear it out sometime, so you have someplace safe in an emergency."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"Different groups. Demon ninjas, a demon punk rock group, and then some guys dressed like Arabs that could control wind."

After Michelle mentions clearing out Philip's old apartment, she shakes her head. "Probably not good to go back there. Way too many people know that's where I was staying. Even without the dragon, there are people after me other that AEGIS."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

"Do these groups look like they are working together and taking turns attacking or are they all out for themselves only?" Imogen asked not showing any surprise at learning that Celeste was more popular than she thought "I may have missed if you mention it before but do you have any idea how these groups are following you or know where you are to make an attack?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Celeste shakes her head. "I was too busy freaking out over not having my powers. Tyrael didn't say much."

"I can think of at least a dozen groups which would be keen on gaining control of the Dragon. Including a nasty brother of Reizo's," Jason says. "Since none of them are into sharing, it's likely to be random."

"Or at least appear that way," he finishes.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"So there is a chance if more than one group turns up at the same time then they end up fighting each other but still very messy. The sooner we can find a safe place for you and fix things the better." Imogen tried to sound upbeat as though it wasn't going to be a problem.

"Oh I know you have been probably being asked this hundreds of times but do you know if you are having a girl or boy?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Celeste shakes her head. "It's not exactly like I could go into the hospital for a checkup and ultrasound."

"There are ways," Jason says.

Celeste looks at him and thinks. Finally, she responds. "No. I think it should be a surprise."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"That's what I would call a good surprise." Imogen added "And more seriously any thoughts on how we approach Philip's father when we arrive in Freedom City and sorry Celeste this may be a bit indelicate but does Philip's father know about you and Philip and the baby?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"Philip wasn't in contact with his father. He had been on the run avoiding him until he met all of you. Said he had a feeling this was the place he needed to be. I've never met his father, so I have no idea how to approach him."

"Philip never really felt animosity towards him. He just thought his father was trying to control him, and he didn't like it. At least that was the impression I got."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"Well on the positive side we could say that we are bringing him his grandchild for a visit but lets take it baby steps and just request ... or demand a meeting with him and after Shambhala I suspect there won't be any trouble in seeing him."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Gelert
kenseido wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:26 pm All

"Philip wasn't in contact with his father. He had been on the run avoiding him until he met all of you. Said he had a feeling this was the place he needed to be. I've never met his father, so I have no idea how to approach him."

"Philip never really felt animosity towards him. He just thought his father was trying to control him, and he didn't like it. At least that was the impression I got."
"I think the two of them were on better terms after Shambhala and several close calls, but complicated family estrangements are rarely totally worked out in one go." Gelert comments.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:38 pm "I think the two of them were on better terms after Shambhala and several close calls, but complicated family estrangements are rarely totally worked out in one go." Gelert comments.
Amethyst folds her hands behind her head. "And now that Philip died in the battle against Lucienne, it won't ever be worked out."

Wasn't that a sobering thought? Life was short and fragile. Best to leave nothing unsaid.

"We need the Saitos on our side. But from what all of you told me about what went down at Shambhala, I don't think Philip's dad sounded like he wanted any more of his family to die in sacrifice. Besides, Lucy's defeated for good. I think he'll be willing to at least consider the idea of ending the blood pact. I think we should just be honest with him."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight

"This is a blood pact between mortals and a dragon, will it be as simple as asking both sides to end it? On my Earth, dragons are rare and ranked equal to the gods, won't a blood pact require either a great sacrifice or a quest to gather things needed to break it? We will do whatever is asked, of course, but when dealing with god-like beings it is always best to be cautious. Even when they are allies."