Adventures Assemble S3E3: The Great Brain Robbery!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ysariel

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E1: Enemies of the State!

Post by Ysariel »

Meanwhile...
General Arms Systems - Underground STARS Assembly Plant

The instant Rex's back is turned, Amethyst drops the sweetness in her voice. "Why," she whispers, stabbing a finger at Rex, "are you working for that creep?"

Regina Grace adjusts her glasses. "Watch your tongue, Michelle. You're a guest here. I can have you removed at any time."

"You've seen the lingerie-clad arm candy he has hovering around him. You've heard everything Gelert said about why this STARS thing is a horrible idea. I'd thought you had more self-respect than to help someone like him develop weapons to sell."

"Says the woman who goes prancing around the city in a bikini. I would take your views more seriously," Regina says, "if you wore pants."

"I chose to dress this way; he uses people as human decorations. Stop dodging the rest of my questions. Have you forgotten what Professor Didiza told us? 'The flame of science can light the pioneer's torch as easily as the arsonist's brand.' Whose torch are you lighting now, I wonder."

"How dare you," says Regina in a low, dangerous voice. "How dare you use her name against me. I slaved for years in Stanford to prove myself and earn my place as Didiza's protege. You waltzed in, the famous super genius, admitted without so much as a qualifying test. Your every step has been paved with privilege and undeserved good fortune. So don't presume to lecture me about her ideals."

"I see what this is really about," Amethyst says. "It's jealousy, isn't it? You're so focused on what you don't have, you begrudge others for what they do." She tilts her head. "By the way, is it just coincidence that he's called Rex and you're called Regina? You two aren't doing some kind of supervillain theme naming thing, are you?"

"How typical of a self-righteous narcissist like you to think everything revolves around herself. I'm not working for him, Michelle. I'm working for the day when you and all your friends will be obsolete."

Regina turns sharply on one heel and walks off. "Mr Richards," she says to Rex, "I believe my part here is done. I'm leaving to arrange for repair and restoration of the facility so that we may resume development ASAP."

Richards waves her off, then raises an eyebrow at Amethyst, still watching. She folds her arms, and says nothing.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Gelert
General Arms Systems -- Underground STARS Assembly Plant
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:20 pm "If you've got a big mission statement or monologue you'd like to give, whatever Anarchy Command puts on the recruitment brochures if you'd like, I'm happy to listen to it. Or if you have anything else you'd like to share or get off your chest that works too. I'm honestly curious about what your organization and you personally seek to gain from all of this. Actually before we do that, what would you like me to call you? I'll use whichever name or alias you'd prefer, it would be rude to just refer to you as 'hey you' or 'Mr. Saboteur' for an entire conversation."
Black Hat does not sit; the two G.A.S. guards manhandle him into the chair instead.

At your little speech the dazed look on his face fades. The presence of a hated enemy seems to focus his will, sharpen his mind in preparation to resist. He snorts.

"Call me whatever you like. And if you want a mission statement," he says, in flawless and only barely-accented English, "You can visit our website. You do know how to use Google, do you? Recruitment brochures are available online as well."

He shakes his head and smiles, as though he has you figured out already. "You can drop your facade of friendliness, little dog. I know you want information from me, information on how our cause may be sabotaged. There is nothing I can tell you in this regard, because I was carefully memory-scrubbed for opsec before being assigned this mission."

"However, since you are being cordial, I see no reason to tell you what else I am permitted to. The Anarchy Command has obtained a terrible new power," he declares. "We have obtained the means to not only create new superhumans at will, but to amplify their powers, potentially far beyond those of even the mightiest heroes. I have tasted but the barest fragment of this gift, and you have no idea of the destruction that awaits you when my comrades arrive in force."

His smile grows even wider. It's the smile of someone who has their opponent checkmated and is busy gloating. "It may interest you to know that this technology was provided to the Anarchy Command by none other than... General Arms Systems."

Even Rex seems startled by this.

"Preposterous!" the CEO of G.A.S. says. "Firstly, we possess no such technology. Secondly, if we did, we would be selling it for billions of dollars, not giving it away for free. Thirdly, to give it to the Anarchy Command of all people - have you gone insane?! Who on earth would arm you kooky terrorists?"

"Come on, Mr. Richards. Surely you do not expect anyone to believe that someone with your business sense would not see the opportunities? The senators and joint chiefs would be much more interested in buying power-nullifying robots if they heard that the Anarchy Command was becoming a major threat to your precious national security again, would they not?"

Black Hat looks at you as he says this last, clearly expecting you to agree.

OOC

Black Hat's attitude improves by 2 degrees to Indifferent, and cannot improve further.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Nightbird
Section 3 - Submersible Docking Bay
Gilliam wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:29 am Pushing off the far wall Imogen rushed General Havoc once again stepping off each other foot to leave it uncertain from which direction her attack would be coming from then a flurry of blows towards the face before another knee strike towards General Havoc's leg that she had been trying to target.

Then using her momentum Imogen tried to put as much distance between herself and Havoc.
Your fists batter General Havoc's face like a drummer going all out on the bass, and you smash your heel into her knee at the exact same weak spot you picked out earlier. Unfortunately, all you manage to do is break her spectacles, turning the left lens into a spiderweb of cracks, but the General herself seems unfazed. Punching her face is like punching a steel wall. Indeed, it is much harder, because you have punched your fair share of super-alloy-clad battlesuits and robots and none of them were as tough as this.

The General calmly takes off her ruined glasses and hooks them in the neckline of her latex catsuit. Then she cracks her knuckles with a dangerous intensity in her bared eyes and you sense that this battle is about to take a much more serious turn.

OOC
AA General Havoc Toughness DC 29: 1D20+20-2 = [13]+20-2 = 31
Passed, no effect

General Havoc's Counter Attack does not take effect, as she took no damage.

Round 3
25 Moonlight
22 GENERAL HAVOC (with power of Daka) (-2, fatigued)
20 Nightbird (higher initiative)
20 Spellbinder *

01 Professor Pandemonium (-2, Staggered, Hindered, Vulnerable)

Spellbinder is up!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Spellbinder
HP: 5, Condition: Fatigued

Wow, this story has everything. Megalomania, cowardice, and betrayal, squared. In other situations, he might try to get Pandemonium to help them, but he seemed the sort that wouldn't be worth the effort.

So instead, he decides to try to remove him as a possible threat. Can't let him try to win back Havok's favor.

Jason blinks up to the hole where Pandemonium is and blasts away at him.

"AFFLICTO"
Use Blink to Teleport up to the hole. My goal is to actually teleport behind him, between Pandemonium and the sub.
If I can't do that, then in front of him is fine.
Afflicto attack: 1d20+10 25
DC29 Toughness
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Meanwhile...

Deep Six
Section 7 - VaMPIRE Supermax Containment Cells

"You know what I must do," Marshal Lawless says.

Chaos Commander adjusts his spectacles. "One of two things, I expect. Tell me: have you come to free me -- or to kill me?"

The two men face each other under the harsh fluorescent light of the cell: Marshal Lawless, anti-material rifle in hand, standing over the wreckage of the supermax security cell door; and Chaos Commander, in orange prison fatigues, seated calmly on his concrete stool. Finally the sonic blade in Marshal Lawless' left hand stops its keening wail. He twirls it, sheathes the weapon, and pulls out a machine pistol with the same smooth movement of his arm. "For the revolution to overthrow the imperialist world order to succeed, no-one can be allowed to threaten the unity of the Anarchy Command and the purity of its purpose. Nobody who might lay claim to the seat of High Anarch can be allowed to live." The laser sight of the pistol settles squarely on Chaos Commander's forehead. "Commander, it's been a pleasure."

The Commander laughs.

"At last," he says, and his eyes gleam with furious purpose. "At last! After twenty years, a mighty leader who can unite the squabbling elements of our movement has arisen! The Anarchy Command has passed the test I had set before it and produced a new High Anarch, who shall lead the battle-hardened elect, forged in the crucible of civil war, to march to the doom of the old world." He turns his head sharply at the Marshal. "I have but one last request. Who is the new High Anarch?" he furrows his brow in consideration. Doctor Disorder? But she lacked the political skills... Pandemonium, perhaps? Though he has not the charisma. Baron Bedlam? Agent Provocateur? who will lead our people to trample the civilized world into ruins?"

Marshal Lawless is silent for a long while. "Natasha," he says.

Chaos Commander closes his eyes, thoughtful for a long moment. Then he turns, caps his pen, and puts aside the papers he was writing on neatly. "You may kill me now," he says calmly. "My life's purpose is complete. It is the next generation's turn to take the stage."

Marshal Lawless raises his pistol. "For the Anarchy Command! For a world without nations!" he declares. His finger tenses on the trigger--

When Deep Six's security forces arrive, power-armored boots thumping heavily down the corridor and guns and searchlights pointing warily in every direction, they find no trace of Marshal Lawless. Inside the Commander's cell they find a gruesome spray of blood against the far wall, and his corpse, grinning with fierce satisfaction in death.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Spellbinder
kenseido wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:42 am "AFFLICTO"
You appear standing in the hole in the rock wall, and catch sight of the Professor's bulky, ponderous battlesuit firing its thrusters and pivoting to face the interior of the mega-submarine Ragnarok. This time, however, your aim is true and your power is far too much for the battered mad scientist. Your sorcerous bolt hits him squarely in the back of his suit. With a thunderous BOOM you send him flying, scattering shards of broken armor all about the drilling tunnel.

"Not like zis! Nooo!" he squeals before hitting the airlock door on the far end with a loud clang and slumping to the ground, unconscious.

Back out in the docks, General Havoc curls her lip in disapproval. "Cowardice and incompetence," she says. "Disappointing."

OOC

Well, I'll count your attack as a power attack since power attacking a vulnerable opponent, especially one that's already naturally toughness shifted, is a pretty natural use of power attack. It's not like there would be much advantage in not choosing to use the opportunity.
AA Professor Pandemonium Toughness DC 34: 1D20+14-2 = [4]+14-2 = 16
Failed by 4 degrees, Incapacitated. the Professor is no longer in the combat.

Round 4
25 Moonlight *
22 GENERAL HAVOC (with power of Daka) (-2, fatigued)
20 Nightbird (higher initiative)
20 Spellbinder

Moonlight is up!
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight
HP: 3 LP: 0
Condition: -1 Toughness [heals in 2 rounds]

"I've already seen what happens to a world when those with power who think they are superior take over by force. Those they think of as lesser reduced to slaves or eliminated as threats to the new status quo, nature itself seen as an obstacle to their goals, and no thought of what will happen when they have drained the world of all it can give. I will not let another Earth go down this path, General Havoc." Aranel glares at General Havoc, a look that feels like it could chill someone to the bone. A blast of freezing arctic wind suddenly springs up around General Havoc threatening to freeze everything around her.

OOC: Attack check +2 DC, -2 Atk for Nature Strikes [cold descriptor]: Attack roll: 1d20+10 21 DC 29 if that hits.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Moonlight
Psistrike wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:28 am"I've already seen what happens to a world when those with power who think they are superior take over by force. Those they think of as lesser reduced to slaves or eliminated as threats to the new status quo, nature itself seen as an obstacle to their goals, and no thought of what will happen when they have drained the world of all it can give. I will not let another Earth go down this path, General Havoc." Aranel glares at General Havoc, a look that feels like it could chill someone to the bone. A blast of freezing arctic wind suddenly springs up around General Havoc threatening to freeze everything around her.
The wind rises and suddenly the temperature drops by over sixty degrees in an instant. A cone of icy frost forms on the ground as you blast General Havoc with arctic wind, coating the stone wall behind her in rime. But the attack that would've floored a squadron of super-soldiers barely seems to faze her. She steps forward, heels clicking on reinforced concrete as frost sloughs off her without effect.

"How cute! But the Anarchy Command has no ambitions of ruling or imposing its social order on the globe." She grins fiercely, with maniac passion. "We seek only to destroy, to tear down the institution of the nation-state. What new world order shall arise in its place? I know not, nor do I care - but the world had better take heed, for brave revolutionaries will arise once more to topple it should it be unjust."

The general makes a decisive gesture with one hand. "This idle chat has gone on long enough. I have a nation to destroy and heroes to crush. Behold! The true power of the Anarchy Command!"

General Havoc raises a fist, and a sinister red light shines from her hand, brighter and fiercer than the power-nullifying beams of the STARS drones. Its baleful glare drowns out the fluorescent lighting of the submarine docks and in that terrible light all power is as dust and ashes.

OOC

AA General Havoc Toughness DC 29: 1D20+20-2 = [8]+20-2 = 26
Failed 1 degree, -1. This brings her to -3.

General Havoc then uses Superior Power Jamming Field as a standard action on her turn. This plot device allows no save, so your powers are nullified.

You can be defeated without save and receive 3 HP: 2 for the complication and one for General Havoc's plot device power. Alternately, if you do not want to be defeated, you can spend 1 HP to edit scene and describe some way (reasonably within the scope of your powers and traits) that you escape before the power takes effect. Whichever option you choose, you will be advanced to the next scene.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Spellbinder
HP: 5 (+3=8); Condition: Fatigued

Jason smiles as PP falls to his magical attack. He contemplates moving into submarine to see what havok he can cause there, confident in the ladies ability to deal with the blowhard.

Then he hears what sounds like a climactic villain monologue. Looking back, he catches the red light which surprisingly nullifies his powers.
Choosing captured.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 3 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Wondering what the light was Imogen moved to attack General Havoc again but like her previous attacks her blows made no impact.

Taking a step back to regather Imogen tried to blast General Havoc with a sonic scream and was stunned when nothing happen, attempting to fight on Imogen was quickly overpowered.
OOC wrote:
Choosing to be captured.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Ysariel wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:54 pm Gelert
General Arms Systems -- Underground STARS Assembly Plant

At your little speech the dazed look on his face fades. The presence of a hated enemy seems to focus his will, sharpen his mind in preparation to resist. He snorts.

"Call me whatever you like. And if you want a mission statement," he says, in flawless and only barely-accented English, "You can visit our website. You do know how to use Google, do you? Recruitment brochures are available online as well."
Ignoring the condescension Gelert nods. "I will have to google that later."
Ysariel wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:54 pm He shakes his head and smiles, as though he has you figured out already. "You can drop your facade of friendliness, little dog. I know you want information from me, information on how our cause may be sabotaged. There is nothing I can tell you in this regard, because I was carefully memory-scrubbed for opsec before being assigned this mission."
"Well first of all I try to be friendly to people as much as possible. Even while thwarting their plans." Gelert gives him a hurt look. "But yes you are correct on those other points. Also, I'm no Neurologist but having someone muck around with your brain like that doesn't sound healthy."
Ysariel wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:54 pm "However, since you are being cordial, I see no reason to tell you what else I am permitted to. The Anarchy Command has obtained a terrible new power," he declares. "We have obtained the means to not only create new superhumans at will, but to amplify their powers, potentially far beyond those of even the mightiest heroes. I have tasted but the barest fragment of this gift, and you have no idea of the destruction that awaits you when my comrades arrive in force."
"Thank you for sharing. Also that is genuinely very concerning." Gelert says. "Both that such a thing exists period, and that Anarchy Command has it."
Ysariel wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:54 pm His smile grows even wider. It's the smile of someone who has their opponent checkmated and is busy gloating. "It may interest you to know that this technology was provided to the Anarchy Command by none other than... General Arms Systems."

Even Rex seems startled by this.
Gelert's ears perk up in surprise. "What?"

Gelert begins looking back and forth between Rex and the Anarchy Operative. "Can I get a little elaboration on that major twist?"
Ysariel wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:54 pm "Preposterous!" the CEO of G.A.S. says. "Firstly, we possess no such technology. Secondly, if we did, we would be selling it for billions of dollars, not giving it away for free. Thirdly, to give it to the Anarchy Command of all people - have you gone insane?! Who on earth would arm you kooky terrorists?"
Gelert looks at Black Hat "Rex has a point, this company is motivated by making money more than anything else. Selling the ability to consistently produce powered individuals seems like something that would be worth a lot of money, as much or maybe more than the S.T.A.R.S project. Where's the profit in handing something like that to Anarchy Command"
Ysariel wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:54 pm "Come on, Mr. Richards. Surely you do not expect anyone to believe that someone with your business sense would not see the opportunities? The senators and joint chiefs would be much more interested in buying power-nullifying robots if they heard that the Anarchy Command was becoming a major threat to your precious national security again, would they not?"

Black Hat looks at you as he says this last, clearly expecting you to agree.
"Ah there's the cynical counter point." Gelert said with a nod. "Sorry if this is a little mean Rex but I can totally imagine someone, not necessarily you personally but say someone within the upper echelons of your company, double dealing like that to make more money. Granted it would make more sense for them to sell the technology rather than give it away but that's splitting hairs. I can think of many Many MANY flaws with such a plan even ignoring how unethical it would be, but I just had to save a certain corrupt politician from Anarchy Command so I know how closely greed and stupi... er shortsightedness can work hand in hand."

Gelert turned back to Black Hat. "Assuming of course what you're saying is true. I mean you've admitted to having your memory meddled with, so I'm relatively sure you believe what you are saying. I just wouldn't put it passed your superiors to feed you false info in the event of capture. You guys seem really paranoid like that, so a claim that serious is something that will need verification. But working under the assumption that Anarchy Command did get this technology from G.A.S. it would follow that now that your side has what it wanted out of whatever this was, it wants to prevent G.A.S. from selling the counter to the government and military. Hence you sneaking in here now. Am I somewhere in the right ballpark?"
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Moonlight, Nightbird & Spellbinder
Section 3 > Aboard the Ragnarok

R.I.O.T. troops emerge from the sub behind General Havoc. Without your powers, you are quickly overwhelmed by them and the General herself, and captured. Your hands and ankles are cuffed with what look like conventional steel handcuffs.

"It is done," comes a voice from behind you. You see a blood-splattered Marshal Lawless approach, antimaterial rifle and sonic blade in hand. "General."

"Excellent," says General Havoc. "We are leaving immediately. Our invasion has already been delayed enough by counterrevolutionaries. There is no way we can transport enough prisoners to make a military difference before superhero teams across the U.S. mobilize. We must remain on schedule to maintain the element of surprise."

"What shall we do with the prisoners?"

"Bring them to the brig. They are to be executed as part of our message to demand the United States government's surrender. The loss of two premier Champions and their accomplice will certainly be a severe blow to the administration's will to resist." The General steps over Professor Pandemonium's unconscious body with a contemptuous look, and leads you, Marshal Lawless, and her troops into the bowels of the Ragnarok.

You pass through a series of cramped metal hallways and enter into a large (by submarine standards) chamber where three tall transparent cylindrical tanks on mechanical bases have been prepared. Each machine is some 12ft high and 3ft in diameter. With your wrists and ankles still cuffed, you are forced into the glass (actually transparent super-polymer) cylinders. Anarchy Command troops operate some kind of control on the machines' base, and the interior of the cylinder fills with a dull red light. You recognize it is the same light that shone from General Havoc's hand that nullifies your powers. The General observes until she is satisfied that you are properly secured, then moves to leave.

Suddenly an Anarchy Command soldier runs up and salutes. "General, leading elements of our fleet are engaging the U.S. Navy. However, we have not yet confirmed the seizure of G.A.S. headquarters and all attempts to contact Black Hat have failed. He may be capt--"

"Incompetents! Useless! Must I do everything myself?!" the General thunders, causing all present (except the half-machine Marshal Lawless) to recoil. "The seizure of General Arms Systems must be our top priority. Bring the Ragnarok inland and direct all forces towards G.A.S. headquarters. I shall spearhead the assault." She turns on her heel and leaves, leaving two R.I.O.T. troops with assault rifles guarding you.
Nightbird - Investigation result of 22

You notice a very small sticker on the inside of your tank, partially hidden by surrounding parts and hard to see in the red light. It reads:

General Arms Systems - Project STARS - superhuman containment unit (SCU)
Test model STRICTLY NOT FOR FIELD USE
Do not immerse in water or expose to temperatures below 0 F or above 200 F or high voltage
A suave voice rings through the cell. "My, my," says what Spellbinder recognizes as the peerless smuggery of Baron Bedlam. "I won't lie, I am mildly disappointed. To think that the magus who severely inconvenienced me would end up captured this soon."

The vampire lord floats through the cell wall in a ghostly and indistinct form. Spellbinder realizes that he is still coalescing after his earlier 'death', and it will be some time still before he is able to effect any real harm yet. "Any defiant last words before your execution? Rousing speeches? Hmm?"

OOC

This is a skill challenge sequence interspersed with some roleplay. During this time there will gradually be opportunities presented for escape; or, by interacting with villains, you may create such opportunities.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Gelert
General Arms Systems - Underground STARS assembly plant
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:14 am "But yes you are correct on those other points. Also, I'm no Neurologist but having someone muck around with your brain like that doesn't sound healthy."
"A small price to pay for the success of the revolution," Black Hat says evenly. "I am content to live in the reality my superiors allow me."
Gelert's ears perk up in surprise. "What?"

Gelert begins looking back and forth between Rex and the Anarchy Operative. "Can I get a little elaboration on that major twist?"
"For twenty years," Black Hat says, "since the arrest of Chaos Commander in the 1990's, the Anarchy Command has been embroiled in ruthless civil war in its homebase in the disputed Hongsha islands in the South China Sea. About six months ago, agents from G.A.S. contacted General Havoc from the Heritor faction of the Anarchy Command - that is, the faction that seeks to inherit Chaos Commander's original ideals and legacy - and provided technology based on Daka crystals that can be used to enhance superhuman powers. You have seen how they can disrupt superpowers, have you not?" He nods at the rows of STARS robots. "Then it should not come as a surprise that they may also enhance them. Using G.A.S. technology, the Heritor faction defeated all other contenders, united the Anarchy Command, and prepares to wage war against the insitution of the nation-state once more."

"The problem with this ridiculous slander is that G.A.S. has no such technology in the first place," Rex says. "Producing superhumans is a long, expensive and highly uncertain process, as Michelle here is sure to agree. 70 years of experimentation with super-soldiers have proven that. There's a reason why the STARS project is about drones. It's like I told you, Mr. Gelert: machines have certain advantages. They don't claim veteran's benefits nor conscentious objection, and they don't vote against wars." He smiles sickeningly. "As you can see, G.A.S. has no motivation to develop such technology."

"What Mr. Richards is not telling you," Black Hat continues, "is that G.A.S. has a long history of illegal and unethical experimentation on human beings. Mr. Roichards, you remember the N.O.M.U., do you not?" He pronounces it 'no-moo'. "Novel Organism for Military Use. The work of your grandfather, Mark Richards, and his incompetent attempts to produce militarized superhumans during the 1950's through radioisotope dosing. Our mutated brothers and sisters remember you, Mr. Richards. They remember those who turned them into monsters, and the day of justice is at hand."

On cue, you hear a dull BOOM from far above. Rex's cellphone rings. He picks it up without a word, and his brow furrows before hanging up.

"Some kind of supervillain attack," he says. "They must be trying to recover their operative. We're safe down here, however. This facility is rated proof against a Class-V metahuman incursion."

"Well, it wasn't proof against this guy," Amethyst says, jerking a thumb at Black Hat. Rex clears his throat. "I'll deal with this," she says to you, twin blaster pistols warping into her grasp and turning to leave. "Get as much as you can out of him."
"Assuming of course what you're saying is true. I mean you've admitted to having your memory meddled with, so I'm relatively sure you believe what you are saying. I just wouldn't put it passed your superiors to feed you false info in the event of capture. You guys seem really paranoid like that, so a claim that serious is something that will need verification. But working under the assumption that Anarchy Command did get this technology from G.A.S. it would follow that now that your side has what it wanted out of whatever this was, it wants to prevent G.A.S. from selling the counter to the government and military. Hence you sneaking in here now. Am I somewhere in the right ballpark?"
"Opposing the STARS project is a matter of principle," Black Hat says calmly. "The use of superhuman powers is a fundamental human right - no different from the use of any other faculty one was naturally born with. Any technology that seeks to restrict their use violates that right. However, you are correct that military concerns are a factor. My mission was to infiltrate this facility and seize control of STARS production, so that the drones may be used against superheroes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Spellbinder
HP: 8, Condition: Fatigued

Jason sits in lotus position, largely ignoring Bedlam. Something was very strange about this nullifying field. He has been in anti-magic zones and they were nothing like this. For one thing, his senses are largely unaffected by them. Not so with this.

He definitely needs to get a look at one of these fields from the outside.

He looks up at the glowing red light emanating from the top of the cylinder. "You know, when the Order listed you as nothing but an insignificant bag of hot air, I didn't realize they were being literal... until now."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 3 > 6 > 5 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Annoyed at herself for getting captured Imogen didn't say anything until the General had left the room then using her years of training to minutely stain the cuffs whilst twisting her limbs at just the right angles and targeting the weak points of the cuffs, it actually took more effort than she expected but she could sense from the lack of resistance that the cuffs at her ankles and wrists would now fall off if she exerted anymore pressure.

The red light in the cell didn't bother her too much and if the sticker was accurate Gelert could be walking into a trap at GAS, so it was time to leave.

Looking up Imogen noticed the 2 guards on watch

"How nice we have our own guards, do you think those popguns will stop us if we decide to walk out of here?"

Jason's comment caught her attention and she then saw Baron Bedlam floating in the air.

"Spellbinder when you mention you had a dark cloud following you about I never expected "that" over there."

OOC wrote: Nightbird Slight Hand SC20: 1d20+8 18 Okay HP to reroll

Nightbird Slight Hand SC20: 1d20+8 12 + 10 = pass