Adventures Assemble S3E3: The Great Brain Robbery!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E2: Family Matters

Post by kenseido »

All

"Yeah, it's very likely, Gelert. My past association with the Order is going to work against me here."

Jason shifts a bit. "I am not going to tell you what to do, but this probably isn't a good time to educate him on modern sensibilities."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Bruise x 1

Imogen tried not to sigh or react with anger as Jason filled in some of the gaps about the attitude of Philip's father.

"Sounds like you are the dog for the job Gelert then although I do hope that Saito Senior remembers that we were all present at the battle with Lucienne and more than pulled our weight."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

After waiting a moment in case anyone disagreed with her comment Imogen continued "I think we have done all we can here, Seven and the Freedom League is very important but the safety of Celeste tops it at the moment. Jas can you give us directions to the Saitos and hopefully come with us unless you think that will be problematic?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"I should stay with Celeste in case any magical threats try to sidestep you all."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

kenseido wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:42 pm All

"I should stay with Celeste in case any magical threats try to sidestep you all."
"So you don't think we should take Celeste to meet Saito Senior then?" Imogen asked.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"What? No. Sorry. We should definitely all go."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"Sweet, lets go then and Freedom League afterwards." Imogen adds still not comfortable with what has happen to them.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Gelert
Gilliam wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:56 am Nightbird

Imogen tried not to sigh or react with anger as Jason filled in some of the gaps about the attitude of Philip's father.

"Sounds like you are the dog for the job Gelert then although I do hope that Saito Senior remembers that we were all present at the battle with Lucienne and more than pulled our weight."
"I can sprinkle in subtle or not so subtle reminders if it comes to that." Gelert said.

"Well let's go, it seems we have quite the 'To-Do' list to get through while we're in this city."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst

Amethyst snorts. She has already had one encounter with the Saito patriarch a long time ago, when he visited Kisai in Phoenix Bay, and come to the same conclusion. It's unsurprising given that the dragon is passed down through the male line of the Saito family (though, is that merely by tradition or written into the deal, she wonders).

"Yeah," she says, "Changing people' attitudes with an argument usually doesn't work, especially if they've held them for a lifetime. But if it's for Celeste and the baby, I'll stay quiet. And I think it's only right that Gelert is the best person to talk to him, because you are a dog. You're immune to human prejudice."

"There's just one last thing to do. I think we should notify Barett about the Freedom League's disappearance. He's gonna want to be kept in the loop about the loss of a major superteam like that. And I'll also promise to fix anything on the jet that got broken when we made our entry back there." She pulls up her call history and dials Angeline, Barett's PA.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Angeline answers Michelle's call and takes down the information for Barrett who is in a meeting. She quips how the promotion is more of a punishment, given how much he hates meetings.

Then you head off to the Saito's place. It is a fairly large two story... mansion just outside of Freedom City. It is in a very pricey neighborhood on a very nice bit of land meaning neighbors aren't very close by. The sun is setting as you approach through the well-tended landscaping. The place looks really immaculate. The gate is open, so there is no reason not to go straight up to the front door.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"To be honest I was half pie expecting armed guards or mages at the gates, this looks almost too normal." Imogen quips looking round.
OOC wrote: Nightbird will look round from the gate to check if anything looks 'off'.

Nightbird Perception: 1d20+11 30
Figures :)

"Anyway lets get this over with." Imogen continues walking to the door and pressing the bell or giving it a good knock if there is no doorbell.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Nightbird

As she approached the front door, Nightbird spots several places that look specifically designed to hide guards and surveillance equipment. This is some of the best work she has seen for security setups.

The equipment is in place, but there are no guards in the places for them. And if they were invisible, they wouldn't need the hiding places.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

As they walk towards the main door Imogen points out the empty guard stations to the rest of the team "I am surprised they're empty which means there is trouble ahead or everyone being called into a family meeting which means even more trouble."

Unless someone says not to Imogen will try to open the door.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

The door is locked.
Reminder, during the Shambhala story, Reizo had Yakuza working for him.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"Probably best still to be polite but Mr Saito did have Yakuza working for him and they would have been in those guard posts so they are gone and that means no security here at all. I think it is safe to say there is trouble coming." Imogen comments out loud before pressing the door bell and also knocking on the door.

Edited: to update status of Yakuza