Adventures Assemble S3E3: The Great Brain Robbery!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E1: Enemies of the State!

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

"That is a good point Moonlight, we need to be cautious especially with the attacks on Celeste and her child. The last thing any of us want is something more dangerous to occur and I have to agree we all need to be honest with the Saitos and Celeste this also means you, if there is anything you feel uncomfortable or don't want to talk about, say so don't try to lie as I suspect they will all be using truth spells or whatever they call them."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

After a few minutes of silence, Jason shifts uncomfortably before saying, "I need to apologize to you all, especially you, Genie."

"My father didn't die during the Invasion. He died of a debilitating mental condition back home. I don't know if you remember it Genie. His condition was pretty far along when we left. Mom's was able to reverse it, but it was a temporary fix. After a while, what she was doing stopped working. In a few short weeks, the many years caught up with him."

"His last wish was to be born here on Earth. Mom and I brought him back to be buried here. We were approached by members of the Order, and they asked if he died during the Invasion. It had just happened, so they assumed that was the case. I didn't correct them because I wanted Dad to be remembered as a hero."

"I didn't know they were going to try and take credit for it. I never meant for any of that, for them to take away from the true heroes who died that day. I am truly sorry for that."
Gilliam

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E2: Family Matters

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

Jason's words brought back the memories again, the deaths, the fights, the sense of failing, the going until you had nothing more to give then the invaders just left and it wasn't until years later that she learnt the reason why and in her own way gain a level of closure and yes revenge.

"Oh Jason" Imogen's voice was sad, disappointed then crossing her arms across her chest "I am very sorry about your Dad, I never knew he was so unwell just that Kilpatrick was concerned and when you all disappeared we didn't know what had happen or where you had went. We did try to find you but magic is magic. The battle, invasion, I know some people who at the time were hiding in their basements who today claim they were on the streets fighting and others who risked their lifes trying to help others or even fought back don't say anything about their experiences. With what I remember of your Dad I have no doubt whatsoever that if he was here during the invasion he would have had fought and done everything in his power to help. Maybe he wasn't a hero of the invasion but he had been a hero before and still is. It's okay you didn't need to apologise about your Dad."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
Condition: Normal / HP : 2
Psistrike wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:20 pm "This is a blood pact between mortals and a dragon, will it be as simple as asking both sides to end it? On my Earth, dragons are rare and ranked equal to the gods, won't a blood pact require either a great sacrifice or a quest to gather things needed to break it?"
"You're right. It might ask," Amy says darkly, "for someone to take the place of the Saito heir." Amethyst quickly tries to shush the AI, so as to stop any cosmic powers eavesdropping on them from getting ideas.
kenseido wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:16 am "His last wish was to be born here on Earth. Mom and I brought him back to be buried here. We were approached by members of the Order, and they asked if he died during the Invasion. It had just happened, so they assumed that was the case. I didn't correct them because I wanted Dad to be remembered as a hero."

"I didn't know they were going to try and take credit for it. I never meant for any of that, for them to take away from the true heroes who died that day. I am truly sorry for that."
"So that's what really happened to Arcanis," Amethyst muses, using the supranym of Jason's father.

"It's the Order that's trying to take credit for his death. If anyone should be apologizing, it's them." She looks at Jason. "Will you tell them the truth? Will they even listen?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Jason nods thankfully at Nightbird.

He looks uncomfortably at Michelle.

"The Order has lost a lot of respect in the magical community. They are known as the people who run and hide from trouble. The one time I met the Master Mage, he called the Order 'fine librarians'. They aren't beyond 'borrowing authority.' Or stealing it."

"This may sound self-serving because I don't want anyone to know; but if I told them, they would probably try to blackmail me into coming back full-time with it."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
Condition: Normal / HP: 2
kenseido wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:26 am "This may sound self-serving because I don't want anyone to know; but if I told them, they would probably try to blackmail me into coming back full-time with it."
"Then don't," Amethyst says. "No reason to give those people ammunition."

She smiles. "I made a mistake like that too once, you know. When I founded my first startup, I was too young to legally own shares in it, so my advisers -- pawns of Lucienne, by the way -- worked out an arrangement where they held the shares in trust for me. They tried to use that to control me, and when it didn't work, I lost the company. It's never a good thing to let people have that much leverage over you."

"If the Order of Merlin's reputation in the magical world is that bad, perhaps few will be surprised that they are doing this for clout should the truth come out."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"Michelle is right, there is no need to tell the Order anything further about your Dad and even if the Order did learn he didn't die in the invasion and start telling everyone about it most people would just think that the Order lied about it in the first place, because that seems to be what they do." Imogen adds "Or is it just the leaders that are the problem? Jason do you think there are members of the Order who want to help and protect people and not control or manipulate?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"I don't know. Maybe a few. They're not really bad people. Most of them are just arrogant and stuck in old ways. They have grown fearful of upsetting the wrong people. They have become used to being paralyzed into inaction."

He looks around troubled for a bit.

"I really don't want anyone find out out how my Dad died. I am going to ask you to honor my wishes and not tell anyone, even if it looks like it will help me."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"Of course Jas, that goes without saying." Imogen replies even though she was wondering just what Jason wasn't saying that would make him ask such a request of them but that is something for later and not the here and now.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

The pilots tell you that you will be landing in a few minutes.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

kenseido wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:16 am All

After a few minutes of silence, Jason shifts uncomfortably before saying, "I need to apologize to you all, especially you, Genie."

"My father didn't die during the Invasion. He died of a debilitating mental condition back home. I don't know if you remember it Genie. His condition was pretty far along when we left. Mom's was able to reverse it, but it was a temporary fix. After a while, what she was doing stopped working. In a few short weeks, the many years caught up with him."

"His last wish was to be born here on Earth. Mom and I brought him back to be buried here. We were approached by members of the Order, and they asked if he died during the Invasion. It had just happened, so they assumed that was the case. I didn't correct them because I wanted Dad to be remembered as a hero."

Gelert radiates sympathy and understanding. "The death of a loved one is often a time of great emotional upheaval, which can influence actions and decision for better or worse. It's often especially hard when the loved one has been through a particularly harrowing ordeal during their last stage of life. None of us can hold the desire to have your father to be remembered well against you. That an organization wanted to use your father's memory for their own ends is another matter entirely and doesn't reflect on you."
kenseido wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:50 pm All

"I don't know. Maybe a few. They're not really bad people. Most of them are just arrogant and stuck in old ways. They have grown fearful of upsetting the wrong people. They have become used to being paralyzed into inaction."

"I really don't want anyone find out out how my Dad died. I am going to ask you to honor my wishes and not tell anyone, even if it looks like it will help me."
Gelert gives a serious nod. "Consider it all confidential. If you want to talk about it more when we aren't in the middle of something hectic just let me know and it will all remain totally private. I have the feeling you probably have things you haven't been able to express or come to terms with because of those other secrets."
kenseido wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:26 am All

Jason nods thankfully at Nightbird.

He looks uncomfortably at Michelle.

"The Order has lost a lot of respect in the magical community. They are known as the people who run and hide from trouble. The one time I met the Master Mage, he called the Order 'fine librarians'. They aren't beyond 'borrowing authority.' Or stealing it."

"This may sound self-serving because I don't want anyone to know; but if I told them, they would probably try to blackmail me into coming back full-time with it."
"Well nuts to that." Gelert says with a lot less of his usual 'therapist professionalism'. "And nuts to them. Your secrets are none of their business."
kenseido wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:57 pm All

The pilots tell you that you will be landing in a few minutes.
Gelert thanks the pilots and returns to his comforting duty for now two of his fellow passengers.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight

"To speak ill of the dead is to cause them unrest in the afterlife. You have my word I will keep your secret."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
Condition: Normal / HP: 2
kenseido wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:50 pm"I don't know. Maybe a few. They're not really bad people. Most of them are just arrogant and stuck in old ways. They have grown fearful of upsetting the wrong people. They have become used to being paralyzed into inaction."

"I'm amazed that a group of people can be simultaneously this 1) arrogant and 2) cowardly. They even named themselves after honest-to-god Merlin. I'd have thought the wizarding world would call them out on that one."

When Jason makes his request Amethyst and the drone floating next to her turn to look at each other. Then Amethyst nods.

"Michelle and I promise to keep your secret," Amy says for the both of them.

Amethyst puts on her seatbelt for the landing. "Shall we buckle up and get ready to meet the Saitos?"
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

Taking her seat, Imogen nods "Lets do it.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

The small V-TOL craft lands at Freedom Hall. All of you disembark and are immediately surrounded in complete darkness. Not just an absence of light, but a darkness you can all feel and taste.

Before you can get your bearing, Amethyst and Gelert can sense six humanoid forms. Michelle's RADAR sees them rise up out of the ground, surrounding the group while Gelert's hearing can definitely hear them.

A loud voice resonates with the group. "Well, young Maxwell, let's see if you are a worthy successor to your father."

Gelert senses Jason just disappear while Michelle sees the space fold around Jason, and then fold again and he is gone.

You all here a yelp from Celeste. While Michelle sees something wrap around her, both she and Gelert sense her fall down on the ground.
The Darkness defeats all visual senses, so Aranel's Low-Light vision does not work. You can't defeat the Darkness with a flashlight or any non-power based ability. And it's a power check to attempt to counter. Only Amethyst and Gelert can accurately target while inside the Darkness or while the opponents are inside it.

Your opponents are not minions. They are not tightly grouped together.

Initiative
Gelert 16
Nightbord 13
Moonlight 13
Shadow Clan (x5) 13
Amtheyst 8

Gelert is up