Adventures Assemble S3E3: The Great Brain Robbery!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E1: Enemies of the State!

Post by kenseido »

Moonlight and Nightbird

Thirty minutes pass and nothing changes in the room.

Moonlight thinks there may be some unusual activity in the rooms next to the girls' room.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

kenseido wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:06 pm Amethyst and Gelert

Leland smiles warmly at Michelle's praise. It's no secret that his granddaughter was at the hospital when Lord Steele first arrived and was saved by Gelert when Steele launched missiles at the hospital. And it doesn't hurt his firm's reputation to be involved with charity work like this as well.

"It's a team effort," Leland replies.

He then turns to Gelert. "I was hoping to talk to him after the hearing the other day, but he said he had something annoying to do. And whatever that was, it only seemed to make things worse."

He pauses as the hospital administrator signals that it is time to start the presentation.

"You're on," Leland says to both heroes.
Ysariel wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:31 am Amethyst
HP: 1, Condition: normal

Gelert's approach was the gentle one, as usual. However, Amethyst is not sure she can maintain her patience that well. If they did get in touch with Philip again, perhaps it'd be best to let the corgi speak with him first because she she had a scolding in mind for him.

"Worse? How so?" Amethyst asks Leland, just as the hospital administrator gestures to them.

"Let's talk again later," she says. Then, nodding at Gelert, "Shall we go?"

Amethyst is first. As she walks on stage, it feels as if she has been here dozens, perhaps hundreds of times before. Standing before a crowd, ready to dispel their skepticism or fan their excitement, wow them with some revolutionary new technology.

"Good day," she says, taking the mic. "This month, there've been plenty of events around Silicon Valley, announcing devices with slightly better cameras, slightly faster processors and slightly more battery life. This is what passes for American innovation in the 21st century. I'm here to show you something very different: a revolution for our schools."

The lights dim as the presentation begins, and bright, colorful images fill the screen on the stage behind her as she begins to speak. This all reminds Amethyst how much she despises the corporate side of her work and is most at home as an engineer. For a few minutes, it is a pleasure to geek out about the genetic algorithms that adapt to the student's learning progress, the use of face-recognition software to identify children's nonverbal responses such as impatience or frustration, and the intelligent agent tutors that guide children verbally, only requiring human teachers in a supervisory role. Best of all, unlike her more advanced AI-powered systems, this one runs on mundane PCs, rather than only on a quantum computer in hyperspace.

"That's what the future of education looks like," Amethyst says, clicking off the presenter. "And now, I give you Gelert, representing Bernard Clairvaux medical Center."
Gelert scampers out to centre stages, and in an act of adorable comedy fails to stop and slides passed the microphone stand. After coming to a stop Gelert walks back to the microphone and makes a force construct of some steps to get up to it.

"Thank you Michelle, and thank you for that wonderful and educational presentation. You managed to convey most of those complex technologies in a way that didn't go over my head. Which considering it's only like a foot off the ground is quite a feat indeed." Gelert gives a doggy smile to Amethyst as he makes his little joke before turning to the audience.

"And on behalf of the Bernard Mediacal Center I would like to thank all of you for your support..." Gelert goes into a heartfelt speech of his own, praising the development of new ways to meet the needs of people who see and experience the world differently. He's had his own share of talks to large groups and while he doesn't have the business or science background of Michelle, he knows how to inspire and appeal to people. His words are uncomplicated and honest which had a tendency to hit home well.

"...As someone who needs a little assistance of his own to interact with the world at large, and all of you right now, I have high hopes that this research and technology will help make make the lives of many people better. Once again thank you everyone, it means a lot to have your support." Gelert gives a little bow of his head to the crowd as he finishes
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

"Doesn't look like anything is happening, I think it is time we chat to them directly and if they cut and run then 'let' them get away and follow them back to their base." Imogen suggested to Anabel after waiting over 30 minutes and no sign of any movement.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight
HP: 1 LP: 1

"I would agree with you, but I'm hearing some things that indicate there might be unusual activity in the room next door to the one those girls went in. What if they somehow linked the rooms and something is being done in the other room to the girls right now?"
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"If that's the case shouldn't we be storming the place now?" Imogen asked "...or can you see whats going on in the room like.." then clicked her fingers .
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight
HP: 1 LP: 1

"Nope, can't see what is going on in the room. So the least destructive way to break down the door is for you to kick it, so let's get storming the place."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"I like the way you think." Imogen had a half smile on her face, then fixing the location of the girls room in her head she continued "Lets work our way up from the ground to their room and kick the door down if needed."

Giving a moment for Anabel to reply, Imogen then headed over to the motel with Anabel and made her way to the room where the girls were.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Moonlight and Nightbird

The two heroes move up to the room they are in and are standing outside the door. The girls are still inside, just waiting.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

Tempted to kick the door down, Imogen instead knocked gently on the door to the room next to the room where the girls were waiting.
OOC wrote: Knocking on the door of one of the rooms that Moonlight had indicated she had noticed activity and readying a Sonic Blast Area 10 attack if she is attacked.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Nightbird

There is no response from the room.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

Imogen tries the door to check if it is locked and if unlocked opens it otherwise she kicks the door down indicating to Moonight to keep an eye on the door to the room the girls are in, in case they try to flee.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Moonlight and Nightbird

Nightbird splinters the door to see two large men and some weird apparatus made of copper with a large crystal pointed at the wall in the direction of the room the girls are waiting on.
Initiaitve
Nightbird
Moonlight
Men
Girls
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Amethyst and Gelert

As the presentation wraps up, the crowd begins to mingle again. Leland begins working the crowd.

After a few minutes all the screens, including the main presentation screen go black. Then there is a logo that Amethyst recognizes.

But before she can name him, the annoying CJ appears on the screen.

"Hello, Michelle! Don't worry, I am no longer interested in you. Being tossed out of your own company! HAH!"

"And now, I am going to destroy all your work, starting here! The virus I unleashed on the computers here will destroy all of the hospital's computer records! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

kenseido wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:40 pm Amethyst and Gelert

As the presentation wraps up, the crowd begins to mingle again. Leland begins working the crowd.

After a few minutes all the screens, including the main presentation screen go black. Then there is a logo that Amethyst recognizes.

But before she can name him, the annoying CJ appears on the screen.

"Hello, Michelle! Don't worry, I am no longer interested in you. Being tossed out of your own company! HAH!"

"And now, I am going to destroy all your work, starting here! The virus I unleashed on the computers here will destroy all of the hospital's computer records! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Gelert's fur bristles at the cruel and callus plan the villain declares, before turning to Amethyst. "This is your area of expertise, can you stop him? I'll back you up however I can but we need to stop him. The harm he could cause by destroying the hospital's records is huge."

Gelert growls slightly. "Later once we've fixed this, I'm going to find that terrible man-child and bite him right in the butt."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

Taking everything in with a glance, Imogen moved to attack like a big cat, making no sound apart from the noise of her fists and boots hitting the 2 men in the room.

OOC wrote: Assuming they are minions, Nightbird will move to attack taking 10 for an attack of 24 and DC23 Toughness Save and then use Takedown Attack 2 to take out the second guy if the first guy fails his attack roll.