[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Felix frowns.

Felix> Looks like he's headed upstairs. I don't have access to anything above second floor. If there are cameras they're on another system. Ten to one says if they're up to some shady nonsense it'll be up there.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied obfuscation
Auspix Array: Enhanced senses
Vampire Array: Mist form

Phillip does not stop the man just gets better about trailing him. As mist he'll clings to the walls and ceiling, trying to be unseen.

Once he determines which private room the man is going to Phillip will actually get his mist body into the ventilation system. to the room's vent, and observe.
Stealth: 1d20+12 23 to follow
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HP: 2

"Okay, so we might have a lead on one of the guys we're looking for, looks like they're headed upstairs," Felix says, brining the golem up to date, "I can't find access to any cameras up there so hopefully Phillip, Kira or Cheyenne will be able to get eyes up there."

"Meanwhile I do have cameras for the first two floors,"
He passed the feeds to the monitors in the Herkimer Battle Jitney so that the Golem could see what was going on.

"Going to see if I can find anything else hooked into the system. Sometimes people get stupid, you'd be surprised what you can find, but in this case I'm having more hopes on the others finding our next set of clues."
catsi563

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: Huntress

In Cheyennes case she starts noving through the crowd and as she does she fades into nothing vanishing as if shed never been there. She deftly avoids dancers and clubgoers alike as she slips past the guys guarding the stairway as silent as a cat and makes her way up stairs with none the wiser.

Slips into predator and makes her way up stairs

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira ducks into a stall and uses her remote sensing to search the areas upstairs.

//Remote Sensing 14 Range: 60 miles - Affects: 2 Types, inc. Visual - Sight and Sound; Flaws: Concentration (1 PP) (Should have done this outside, doh)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"I bylieve I can detect the presence of another network. From what I have observed, ye have a bytter aptitude with this forme of ynfiltration than I. However, yf we werk together..." She holds out her hand as if she were offering to shake Felix's own only for the plating to split apart at the seams. Panels of steel on it's palm peel backward and start to fold in, revealing black material inlaid with golden etchings. Perplexedly the material shifts and opens up, revealing a dataport."Allowe me to be youre chariot."

OOC: If Felix takes up the offer, he can make the technology check with +5.

Inside the club, Cheyenne both have little trouble keeping up with the fairly drunk-looking man. There's a moment where the guard nearly steps into the hidden huntress, only for her to deftly dodge to the side and continue up. Navigating the ventilation ducts is a little difficult for Philip, but he has the advantage of speed and time. He's forced to look upon several scenes of depravity in the private rooms before he finds what seems to be Jesse and the rest of his crew, along with several girls. It's about this time that Foxy gets her scry off, having to navigate a similar number of rooms before finding the right one.

Jesse appears to be on the phone with someone, pacing agitatedly while a few of the other occupants started to get handsy. "...Fuck, man. Fine, fine. We'll do ten-k a head. Yes, yes. They're ready. God- Four! ...Yes. Yeah, yeah. The usual place." He sighs and hangs up his phone, just about the same time that the guy Cheyenne followed opens the door.

"Hey, man. All good?" He asks, hanging in the door unintentionally preventing Cheyenne from stepping in.

The other man snorts, and crosses his arms. "Cheapskates are absolutely scalping me on the price this time, but we should leave with our pockets loaded."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip records on his phone.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HP: 1 = 2 HP - 1 HP Reroll

Felix pauses, then nods, "Okay, but be ready to cut the connection if anything strange happens."

He pulled the glove off his prosthetic hand, opens a hidden hatch on the wrist and pulls out a USB cable. He'd originally built a port into his glasses, but with his new arm it just made more sense to hide the hardware in that. And resulted in him no longer accidentally yanking his own glasses off when he forgot he was tethered.

With a deep breath he brought his hands up, then slowly breathed out as the interface appeared on his shades. And then it was time to work.
OOC:

Technology Check to access hidden wireless network: 1d20+15 20
I think I can do better than that.
Technology check HP Reroll: 1d20+15 18
I stand corrected. Due to HP reroll that's a 28 total.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira is looking for a spot she can teleport to upstairs where no one will see a fox before someone starts knocking on the stall door asking if she's alright. Once found, she will bamf there and continue to remote search the building for anything interesting.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Perception to find such a spot, Foxy.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

At about the same time that Foxy finds a spot to begin probing around, finding plenty more pockets of debauchery, Felix finds himself hooking into the upstairs security grid. It seems that most rooms don't have cameras directly within, and of those that do most are switched off or covered. One example of the former is the room where Jessee and his crew were holding up, and Felix has little trouble at this point discreetly turning it back on. Despite the unpleasant topic of conversation, none of the club-goers seem particularly distressed by the situation, continuing to enjoy drinks and get handsy.

Foxy, though she now has a discreet spot in an unoccupied and unwatched room, is unable to find much else of extreme interest. She's fairly sure she finds a married senator currently in the arms of several women, however. Aside from this, she spots the managerial offices as well as the security room. Nothing of note seems to be going on within at this time.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HP: 1 HP

Felix frowned as he considered the video he was seeing.

Nothing explicitly illegal, but still seems skeevy as hell.

He checked to see if there was an archive of the videos for him to download. Considering how many were turned off there wasn't a large chance of him finding anything useful, but if they hit a dead end anything would be better than nothing. Though scrubbing through the videos was going to take far too much time for him to do now.

Speaking of time, he sent a quick update to the team, saying it out loud as he sent it to keep the Golem included.

Felix> (All)> Good news, we got some cameras upstairs now. Nothing is jumping out at me at the moment, but it sounds like they're selling four at ten thousand a head. I think we need to start tracking this guy and see where he's going.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: Huntress

she was listening to the converation when her phones alert went off and she cursed venomously to herself fro being careless she normally left it on silent but had forgotten.

So she improvised she shifted to a door across the way dropped her cloak and took an at ease stance as if she were guarding the door, trying simultaneously to look scary intimidating and bored as hell. And also like shed been standing there the whole time.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The conversation startles in the room, as the man in the doorway looks behind him just as Cheyenne gets into position. He squints at her before stepping in and closing the door behind himself, never taking his eyes off the woman until the last second. Cheyenne effectively finds herself cut off unless she chose to go in loud.

"Problem?" Jessee asks to the notice of everyone else, brow raised as he glances towards the door.

He pauses for a moment to speak, thinking.

GM:Deception Cheyenne
------------