[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Flynnarrel »

"You don't even want to try Cheyenne's cameraman idea, Felix?" Phillip asks unseen.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: Huntress

Hey, watch the goods. I don't want to have to build a robotic booty," Felix fends off Cheyenne, waving an arm to ward the woman off, "Seriously though, the other reason is that somebody needs to stick with our new friend and since we both stick out we might as well work together."
She smiles genuinely and bows her head in acknowledgement of the logic. only slightly disappointed that she couldnt get him to join the shenanigans still comforted to know he had her back

she takes a breath notes phillip going misty and takes another deep breath as she gets into the head space of Bofyguard for the rich and famous.

Then when ready she stepped out of the car large as life her head on a swivel and after a brief scan of the crowd she nodded back to the car. She didnt hold the door or offer assistance out like you see in hollywood films only an idiot did that. her job was keep the client safe and she intended to do playing the role to the hilt.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Blue Light District - ARTazi (This is probably SFW enough for the site, right? I'm sure JAb's posted crazier stuff.)

It seems clear enough to everyone that Felix was determined to keep an eye Golem instead of leaving it alone with his own baby AI. Who knew what strange and inappropriate things it'd learn from the slightly older robot? Certainly nothing good, probably.

The limo door slid open for Cheyenne on its own as modern models allow for, the bruiser of a woman attracting plenty of stares on her own before taking the disguised Foxy into account. It doesn't take people very long to start calling out to her and taking pictures for their socials. The real Faraday was going to be very confused when she checked online later.

At the door, Mack didn't even bother asking for verification and simply unhooked the barricade and allowed the duo and their unseen companion through. His brow quirked in interest when Cheyenne passed him by, but professionalism kept his tongue still.

The thumping of music and cheering hits everyone's ears the moment they all step through, a sea of bodies swaying to a strange neo-modern beat. Amongst the club-goers are men and women dressed in tuxedos ferrying trays of drinks. On raised pedestals, there are people 'dressed' as sailors skillfully 'drawing attention' towards themselves as they moved. In the back of the room, a woman dressed up like a ninja seems to be singing into the microphone; "Get outta my head, get outta my head~"

Despite coming in as a celebrity, it won't take very long for Foxy to become obscured by the crowd's inherent anonymity.

Outside, the HBJdrives itself around the block once more, daring itself to park within an alleyway rather than on the street. The Golem shifts itself as the vehicle comes to a stop, offering no comments to break up the silence.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Felicia exits the car and spots some people in the queue pointing at her. She blows a kiss and poses for a photo or two before letting her bodyguard usher her into the club. As the wave of lookie-loos subsides she quickly ducks into a bathroom and changes what she looks like again, her outfit is a bit more skimpy but her face isn't recognizable now. As she steps out of the stall she says to Cheyenne, "So where do we go next?"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: Huntress

She gave Mack a look as she passed that said well talk later. continuing in making sure that anyone who got too close got gently redirected or moved back. Once inside she stood outside the bathroom as Kira changed herself and remerged.
"So where do we go next?"
"We mingle. Take it nice and easy keep your ears and eyes open and dont accept any drinks you didnt watch be prepared yourself."

She gestured towards the vip lounges "Keep an eye on those areas thats where our man will most likely be. Someone like him will like to make an impression on a young hot clubgoer."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: retcon if I may, in addition to making her outfit skimpier, Kira is also a bit more curvy and busty than normal.)

"Okay, and call me Chrissy while we're here. I'll dance over to that side." Kira says. She heads out to the dance floor and crosses the room where there's a few suspicious VIP doors.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Out of sight of the door Phillip quickly re-appears. Navigating was going to be tough enough without people being unable to see the body they were bumping into. Phillip pulls out his phone and takes another look at the picture of Jesse and the posse he was with to better be able to recognize them.

Felix, maybe try to hack their camera system; guide us to the guy if you can spot him or anyone in the photo, please.
Or the past footage might let you track where he went in the club assuming private rooms here.

Though he addressed Felix, he sent this to the group text.

Phillip will go into mist form and drift unhindered through the legs of the dancers, just part of the fog effects of the club. He'll scour the area for any of the people in the picture.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Perception checks from people on the ground, And Felix will need to get his hijacking done before making his own check.
------------
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

"You know what the problem here is?" Felix asks mostly himself out loud.

"I'm so used to finding a bad guy's place and then kicking in doors that I'm just defaulting to that behavior," He says shaking his head as he looks at the surroundings via the Herkimer Battle Jitney's monitors.

"Except this isn't necessarily a bad guy's hideout. Busting in probably wasn't going to work well for me either way. I'm not a people person, and besides I'm not exactly dressed to blend in," He says, sitting down as he brings up the computer interface on his glasses, "But there's more than one way to investigate. Lets see if we can access their camera feeds."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Opposed Technology check: 10

Felix isn't giving it his best focus as he goes about probing the local network, but it seems that whoever set up the system for the club did an incredibly poor job. He gets the impression that even a common hobbyist hacker could slip themselves the right administrator privileges to do literally whatever they wanted with the security system. Honestly, it's so poorly done that Felix might feel an urge to fix it himself before leaving.

GM: Perception check as you check the cameras.

The golem makes a contemplative noise, "I understand youre plithe. I drede that I am muche the same. Yf it were not for the efforts of my friend, the failure of my escape wolde've byen ynevitable. I've bycome only brasher yn the tyme synce. Especially without hire guidance. "
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Perception.
Perception: 1d20+12 25
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

"I'm working on it," Felix mumbles to himself at Philip's text, "It's not like this security system is... absolutely wide open. Huh."

Felix> I've got access to the camera feeds. If these guys aren't evil I might have to approach them in regards to fixing it, this security is terrible.

As he starts looking through the camera feeds he considers the golem's words.

"Well, there is an old saying. Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement," He smiles, "Sometimes we have to learn the hard way, though it does help when we have people to bounce things off of. Sometimes their suggestions aren't right, but sometimes they can help us see problems we didn't consider going in."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Wise words, mage-wright."

Philip, Foxy, and Felix(Through the camera feed) notice what seems like one of Jesse's posse leaving the bathroom on the second floor which wraps around the first. Wiping his hands on his pants as he walks, it seems like was in a rush to get back to wherever he'd come from. With help from the crowd, it's easy enough to blend in, though the moving bodies make it harder to track him. Felix and Philip suffer no such qualms as they easily keep track of the man's movement.

It seems like he's moving to a guarded stairwell, up which the private rooms are theoretically located. Felix, for his part, notices that there don't seem to be any cameras he can access higher than the first two levels. Either none exists past this point, or they're on a different network entirely.

GM: Do one of you want to try stopping him, follow him, how do you go about this?
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

cheyennes perception _: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20

Catsi stories