[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira arrives at the cabin via teleport, arriving inside the truck. She pokes around in the glove box to see if the registration is there.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The inside of the truck is a mess of bags of (hopefully) empty takeout and various emptied beer cans. While nothing has prevented her from opening the glove department, it's contents are just as disorganized and might take a momment to go through.

Investigation check.
Are Cheyenne and Neko doing anything here?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress
"Big damn heroes now!" Felix manages to huff out as he "runs", "Self recriminations and ice cream later!"
And with that whatever recriminations or self doubt she had were gone and she moved like some giant predator her 300+ pound frame barely making a sound as she bolted through the forest,

She watched phillip do his thing fully confident he could handle any injuries the young woman had long enough to save her, hell hed done it for her a couple times, She began digging around for any clues as well as making sure she stayed on the trace she was hunting

Cheys investigation_: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24

Cheys perception _: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14

Rolls can be used to aid or as a base roll as needed
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Kira shuffles papers through her fingers as fast as she could, coming across various pamphlets and maps. Most of which seem to be for various outdoorsy areas, though quite a few are from the local area. Several of them seem well used and there are definite markings from a pen, though it all seems innocuous to her eye. If there's any form of registration for the car here in the pile, it doesn't stick out with an initial investigation.

The huntress that she was, Cheyenne does what she can do to make sense of the situation by picking up context clues from the woman and surrounding area. From what little she could make out, it's quit obvious that she must've been on the run from something large and powerful. Unless there were any wolves or bears in the area, the most reasonable assumption is that the situation regarding the lost girl has deteriorated in an unexpected manner. Wherever she and her hunter make an appearance, it's almost guaranteed to be a multi-front battle.

Between the gasps of air Felix get's out, there are brief mentions of the HBJ, and him calling for it. As a result, most the team is not imminently alarmed when there's a brief flash of light somewhere down the dirt road's bend.

GM: You've a brief moment to share information.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: fine | HP:3
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Enhanced senses
Vampire Array: Vicissitude

"She's stabilizing, but it won't last. We have an hour clock until I either have to re-administer care or she gets into proper medical services." Phillip calls in, picking her limp form up to move her to the bed in the cabin. "Tell me we have information to resolve this."

Not idle, he'll professionally search her personage for keys or anything else she might have on her.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Perception check as ya do.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Perception: 1d20+12 20
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

"Okay," Felix says, slowly getting his breath back, "So I should bring up the Battle Jitney then?"
Wheeljack Prime

Post by Wheeljack Prime »

Mimi "Neko Mimi" Nomura
Dodge: 10, Parry: 10, Tough: 6/3, Fort: 6, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Condition: Normal

Mimi had come in close to cover Philip as he worked, gaze outward.

"We've got someone else up here. Tracks from someone big and with hooves, walking on two legs, so someone special." She traces out the trajectory the person took on a take-out bag.
Arkrite wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:22 pm
"Okay," Felix says, slowly getting his breath back, "So I should bring up the Battle Jitney then?"
"If we're going to get her to a hospital, the Jitney might attract attention. Someone could run her down there and drive out, if you think she can be moved." She glanced at Phillip. "We could split up to get her taken care of." A pause. "This isn't a slasher movie, we can take care of ourselves" she goes on, answering the obvious drawback to that plan.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As if Neko's words had been a signal flare, the flash of headlines just past the treeline came into proper focus. It was enough now that it wasn't only Felix who'd notice the worrying oddity. That wasn't the Jitney they all knew and loved, someone else had decided to drive down some obscure road in the middle of a serial killer's hunting ground, a ground that had seemingly nearly taken someone's life as is.

Over by the woman, Philip had successfully located the woman's keys as well as a wallet tucked into the backpockets of her pants. He'd be able to reassure himself that checking for identification was perfectly normal for an EMT to identify those injured, and safely ignored the crumpled bills of cash within. Something that struck out to him right away is that the woman didn't seem to carry much in way of credit cards, though he did find a driver's license where it should've been. It was hard for him to make out the text on it, he had to squint in the low-light to make out the details even with his enhanced vision.

Gravel crunched beneath heavy tires was accompanied by a set of high-beams, which finally offered just enough light to make out the name listed within. 'Faith Nimrod'.

The vampire doesn't have near enough time to react to the recognizable surname before a door on a very familiar jeep opens up, and a dark shape steps in front. A voiced roughened by years of heavy smoking shouts over the hum of the engine, "Get the hell away from her!"

A glint in the light, the distinct shadow of a gun being raised up-
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: fine | HP:3
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Enhanced senses
Vampire Array: Vicissitude

Phillip turns slightly so the EMT patches of his uniform are visible in the shining headlights. "Edmond Nimrod, right? We're trying to save Faith's life. You care for your progeny, that does you much credit. Now I urge you show good judgement in letting us continue."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"How the hell do you know who we are? Who are you people?!" The shadowed man yells, with no indication of him lowering a weapon.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

"Enough talk." Chey snarls out before suddenly blurring across the way faster then lightning.

She slams her body full bore into the hunter grabs him by the throat with one hand while grabbing the weapon and yanking it from his hands with the other. She then holds him off the ground while squeezing his throat with a casual ease.

Chey will slam into the guy and grab him and the weapon as she can disarming him should be a casual action unless this guys roided up on something unatural Shell all out maneuver for +2/-2

_: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
should hit

strength check _: 1D20+12 = [6]+12 = 18
meh but still should be enough

An initative roll to be premptive _: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cheyenne thrusts all manner of diplomacy aside in the face of it all, her rush forward completely unabated and unhindered. Her hands meet the man's throat with enough force to make him cough and wheeze with pain, and the grip on his weapon is practically nonexistant. It's ripped away without mercy, tossed to the side and out of his reach.

Hands feebly try to grasp at the woman's hands, callused fingers slip away with even the slightest jerk from the bounty huntress. Dust settles quickly. By now everyone's eyes have finally started to adjust against the jeep's lights. Aided by her bulk to block harsh light, details of the man become clear.

Grasped in her hand is a man beset upon by age, white hair having long migrated from his head down to his chin while lines arch across his face. Liver spots are visible along his crown, and his eyes- bloodshot as they were -were a blue sky clouded by a storm of cataracts.

There's something on his wrist, a wide blue plastic band bearing a label. Philip and almost everyone else in the group recognize it for what it was, a hospital's wristband.
------------