Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Enhanced senses
Vampire Array: Animalism

Phillip descends in mist but it is a corporeal foot that touches down. His hands are raised in a gesture of non-threat. "Not that we're accusing you of theft, or mean you any harm whatsoever. We're something of guardians of the night ourselves, all of us. And from what we've heard, you are too. Can we all just talk?"

Phillip smiles with mouth closed. The man may have spotted Phillip's incisors but the Paramedic wasn't going to advertise it.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

Theres an impact of something heavy landing nearby in the alley. A moment later several footsteps as a vague formless shape walks towards everyone. the splashes of water as the shape makes its way through the puddles left by the recent rains seem to vanish leaving only ripples in the puddles themselves.

Then the camouflage effect fades away revealing Cheyenne standing there her arms loose and easy at her sides her hands closing into fists before opening again. Her stance is not yet confrontational but those who know her best know she can shift into battle in the blink of an eye. Her eyes glare with laser focus and intensity at the newcomer.

She stands there like some great tigress eyeing her prey as she begins to pace slowly back and forth her eyes never leaving their prey.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Knight - Ting xu

In the darkened alley between a dumpster and a chain-link fence, a large form towered above another. "P-please, god, please! I didn't do sh-shit, I didn't do anything just, just leave me alone!"

Cowering amongst bags of trash is a dark-skinned man wearing a once-white hoodie along with torn blue jeans, their shoes having been lost somewhere along the way leaving behind bloodied feet. There's desperation in his eyes and blood on his face, his hands held up in plea. His breath came heavy and ragged, the long flight through the streets having taken their toll. It is only when the members of the New Mythos begin to make their appearances that he dares to look away from his pursuer, a sliver of hope shining within his eye.

Silver gleams in the moonlight, a droplet of red staining the very tip of the blade poised at his throat. Gauntlets of gunmetal grey grip the oversized blade, a dark-maroon cloak falling back to reveal the rest of their arm clad in identical material. Armor fresh out of another century all-together is revealed to the group giving the figure an appearance liked to that of a dark knight with it's harsh angles and sharpened points. In their hands alone, they wield the near 5ft. blade as if it were but a long sword, standing at least a full head and shoulder above Cheyenne.

Their helm turned to face towards the speakers of Felix and Philip, showing them that within it's six slits an orange light resided. A small hint of the absolutely blinding lightshow Felix was experience as he looked at the armored individual. The sword was certainly enchanted, that he could easily tell. Same could be said for the very armor they wore as well.

For a moment they did nothing more than stare, the silence tempered by the hooded man's gasping alone. When they spoke, their voice had a strange echo-y quality and a tone that was hard to place between masculine or feminine that reminded Felix of a voice modulator. "Ye ynterfere with my hunt. My blade will not goon unquenched this nyght. Bygone from my sight, I have no quarrel with ye."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Presence

What does he/it smell like? Then, what does the mortal smell like (inc. emotions)?
"Not our intention to interfere. From everything I've heard you justly target the wicked and unrighteous." Phillip says. "So I have no doubt this man has done some crime you have witnessed or are aware of." He looks to the length of steel uncertainly. "We should strive, however, to make sure the punishment fits the crime. It's a tenet built into the laws of this land. Gone are the days of permanent mutilation for a theft and though we still have death punishment for a death dealer it involves a lot more of a mortal judicial process with people serving as a proxy for society to come to conclusion before sentencing. A slower process but it keeps the system fairer than it'd be otherwise. We can help you understand these things, like how to work with the mortal authorities. We can even balance it again whatever justice-and-blood compulsion you might be operating under if we understood it more. I'm not averse to an educational stabbing. Will you let us help you? Like, what is this one's crime?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Strikingly, Philip smells nothing at all. It could be merely that the man's fear is overpowering enough to mask it, but the paramedic would have doubts. As far as he could tell, this individual had no emotions he could recognize olfactorily. When he spoke they paid him attention though not so rapt as to ignore the one cowering below.

"Ye speak of justice and fairness, and I shal assure that this creature's crimes are wel deserved of punishment. That of this blade, and far more byside." Spoke them, their shoulders moving straighter with poise.

Their target seemed to disagree, "Christ-! Just listen to him! He's just some deranged lunatic who came at me with a sword, I d-didn't do shit!"

Eyes flashing dangerously the figure bore down on the hooded man with renewed determination. "Cease youre bickeryng, foul creature of the nyght! I have bore witness to youre deeds, I knowe what ye are!"

They leaned in as if to spit the following word, "Vampyre."
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

KIra (human form) is standing on the roof. "What exactly did you witness?" she calls down. "Our laws distinguish between what someone is and what someone does. Being a Vampyre is not in and of itself punishable. Assault, murder, those are. So again, what do accuse this being of doing that are crimes? The laws of the land also include the assumption of innocence without solid proof otherwise."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip was going to say something but the armored being's last word took the wind out of his sails and he decided to wait for an answer to Kira's shouted questions.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

If they were surprised by Kiara's rooftop presence, the armored figure gave no indication. Their head lifted a fraction of an inch, staring past the man who claimed innocence. "Assumption of ynnocence... Trailed them, letting the words hanging there for rwo seconds more as if in deep thought.

"A juste system yndeed. Yf it ys proof that ye wish, than I must admit my yncompetence. Yet." Their sword drew back, yet there was no promise of it being sheathed away. "I never forget a face. I knowe who ye are."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Presence

"Woah, woah, there. Now, I've known many vampires that did horrible things worthy of the punishment you seem ready to dispense, but just so we observers can do our due diligence, what act or acts do you bear witness to?" Phllip asks.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The voice warbles in mimicry of a growl, "Four days ago, a dear friend of mynd failed to come home. Every nyght henceforth I have searched for nary a trace. Until I saw this man skulkyng around liketh the leach he ys, and I remembered the face of a man I saw that nyght.""

He sputters below her blade, "The h-hell you talking about man? I'd have remembered seeing a freak like you! I don't know nuthin' 'bout any dumb bitch!" His eyes try to find anyone else's, "Why're you guys standing around for? Just save me from this pyscho already!
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"He'd probably kill you before we could take him down," Kira says. "Calling a guy with a sword at your throat a psycho is not smart. So best you shut up." She turns her attention to the man with the sword. "As pleasant a fellow as this guy isn't, skulking isn't really proof. When you say you saw his face, what that when he committed a crime? Also, are you sure your friend met a foul end? Who is this friend?"
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

"Just to clarify, it's possible to be a vampire these days without actually hurting or killing people," Felix calls down from above, "Medical science is quite the thing. Donating blood is painless, safe, and they even give you a cookie and juice afterwards."

Felix looked at the armored figure. He took a quick picture and cropped the armored figure out, in case he needed to show it to somebody else. Then he queued up a new text to his would be client.

Felix> Out of curiosity, has anybody who went to this party gone missing?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"My friend. A learned oon. A maiden that landed me a hand where others made to shackle my own." They spoke, voice softer initially. Only to abruptly raise with their next lines, "Missyng! ye were ther that nyght, skulkyng those alleyways. Yf not at fault, thanne a witness who refuses to speak!"

Finishing his message to the client, the mage notes that it's not being read right away. It might take a few minutes before a response gets back to him. Then, unexpectedly, his headset began to get oddly warm.

GM: Felix, make an opposed technology check.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Have you given him a chance to speak?" KIra says. "Most people won't describe the events they've witnessed when someone is waving a sword in their face and not asking them to talk of said events. You seem conflicted about your purpose here. You say there were those who wished to imprison you. I suppose at the time no one wished to hear your side of the story. And then you turn around a accuse this person of deeds that you won't hear his side of. Are you trying to act like those who would act against you? Is that what you want to be?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

An effort to stand themselves straighter does not come with the cost of their blade being steadied, the sword having nary shifted an inch from the movement. "Doon not thynk me some crass fool. I wolde not have resorted to these measures yf I were met with cooperation. I approach with questions, and am met with cowardice! what ynnocent man runs whan only pressed to answer?"

"Y-you approached me with a sword! The hell was I supposed to think?!" The accused offered in reason.
------------