[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Despicable fiends! to flaunt themselves among the noble and kynd yn such a wey, I'd have their heads yf I myghte!" The golem threatens, hearing Philip's shared information. The robot's hand rests on the hilt of the claymore, reminding everyone yet again of the stolen artifact that prompted this entire adventure. All anyone really needed to do was retrieve the blade, but the troubles of the underworld seemed to have drug them into something deeper once again.

While people stewed over this information, Cheyenne's phone started to ring. The number, when she'd look, is Detective Nolan's.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1 HP

"Stay away from politics, your head would probably explode from the hypocrisy," Felix says in a deadpan fashion, "Okay, so we need to look into the Yamikawa Auction House and the Inheritance Foundation."

"The auction house should be simple enough to scout, but I think we'll have to do some digging for information on the Inheritance Foundation."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I can dig." Phillip says with certainty. what's he'd find was less certain but them's the breaks.

He starts making calls, finding out what he can about this 'Inheritance Foundation'.
investigation: 1d20+10 29 that was lucky.

Maybe over-eager to find something given how he was 'out-vampired' earlier.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress
hile people stewed over this information, Cheyenne's phone started to ring. The number, when she'd look, is Detective Nolan's.
She shook her head ryley and answered putting it on speaker.

"Nolan sup?" she answered as relaxed as she could be,
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Cheyenne." The voice comes through, sounding strained. "There were a few... incidents, tonight. There were some eye-witness accounts, some descriptions sounded very... Familiar."

His voice exhales loudly, not enough to cover the sound of some raised voices in the background. Too muffled to really make out, attention is solely on his words. "Look. Let's not beat around the bush here. I'd like you- all three of you- to come down by the station, I have a few questions that need answering."
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:00 pm "I can dig." Phillip says with certainty. what's he'd find was less certain but them's the breaks.

He starts making calls, finding out what he can about this 'Inheritance Foundation'.
investigation: 1d20+10 29 that was lucky.

Maybe over-eager to find something given how he was 'out-vampired' earlier.
GM: Oopsie, forgive me missing this.

Perhaps disappointingly, the charity itself seems to be legitimate. It was originally a established years before to help victims of the Devolution Virus by a pair of Japanese celebrity actors who's son had developed rapid-onset bone cancer due to the viral outbreak. Come Inheritance Day, and their son had gone from barely a year left to transforming into massive skeletal monstrosity identified as a Gashadokuro. The fear and backlash against their to their minds now cured son as well as the countless others deemed as 'monsters' inspired them to shift focus three months into the changed world. It's received only marginal support in the time since, except for within the last few months where they were suddenly sponsored by the Yamikawa family. The auction this Saturday was organized under the apparent intention of securing funds to help house those who were ousted from their homes.

A worthy cause against discrimination, whose event seems co-opted by those that are truly monstrous.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HP: 1 HP

"Okay, so somebody is kidnapping people and selling them as food to vampires, or so we've heard. It seems like their primary targets has been kidnapping people from clubs using fake Fabio and a guy who can create teleportation portals. We caught, and lost, Fabio. They were using a pawn shop as intermediary step. We found the pawn shop, but no victims or signs of the teleportation guy."

Felix frowns, "Teleportation guy, meanwhile, somehow manages to find Fabio in here and teleport him out. That's concerning. How were they able to find him?"

"So we interrogated the gang members, and they're working for Wu, who apparently is a 'legitimate businessman'. Who is either smart enough to avoid bringing evidence to his primary business, or it's his granddaughter Ryoku. Or they're both in it. Or she isn't. Either way they used vampire blood magic to defend their restaurant, so they're connected somehow."

"It seems like they're planning on using this charity event as a front to run an auction to sell off their kidnapped victims."

Felix glances over at Cheyenne, "And now they're probably using those 'legitimate businessman' and rich guy connections to lean on the police to take us out of the equation."

"Our problem is that we need to find these guys, figure out where they're keeping the hostages and escape without them teleporting the whole works out before we can stop them."

"Our current options are to stake out the Yamikawa Auction House, try to find who's in charge of the Inheritance Foundation since it sounds like somebody co-opted it for evil, or track down Ryoku."

"I think that nicely recaps most of what we ran into,"
He looks at the group, "Any thoughts?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I'd like spend a few hours parked outside the auction house mapping the facility with my scrying," Foxy says. "Normally, if someone says something clandestine is happening somewhere, you think a secret room or a space that is limited access. And that's what I want to look for. But, I may being barking up the wrong tree here since a teleporter is involved. But, knowing ahead of time where the nooks and crannies of the place are can't hurt us.

"I can do this on my own. Just sit on a park bench nearby with sketch book in my lap and sketch up a map."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

"Nope that covers it," She says evenly "hear that Nolan we'll talk at the auction. Bring friends it could be fun"

She says with a smirk before hanging up

'Ill owe him something after this but hes a good cop so itll be worth it,"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"God dammit Cheyenne you can't just-!" The man pleades over the phone as the woman ends the call. Not even five seconds later the phone rings again, and does so three more times before the officer seemingly gives up.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

jmucchiello wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:10 pm "I'd like spend a few hours parked outside the auction house mapping the facility with my scrying," Foxy says. "Normally, if someone says something clandestine is happening somewhere, you think a secret room or a space that is limited access. And that's what I want to look for. But, I may being barking up the wrong tree here since a teleporter is involved. But, knowing ahead of time where the nooks and crannies of the place are can't hurt us.

"I can do this on my own. Just sit on a park bench nearby with sketch book in my lap and sketch up a map."
"You shouldn't go alone." Phillip says. "You're the kind of person they take and while they would find you a handful, with so many Empowered people these days they likely have counter-measures and we still haven't learned anything of the Empress, leader of the Quince, though I suspect she's a very strong vampire."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

jmucchiello wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:10 pm "I'd like spend a few hours parked outside the auction house mapping the facility with my scrying," Foxy says. "Normally, if someone says something clandestine is happening somewhere, you think a secret room or a space that is limited access. And that's what I want to look for. But, I may being barking up the wrong tree here since a teleporter is involved. But, knowing ahead of time where the nooks and crannies of the place are can't hurt us.

"You shouldn't go alone." Phillip says. "You're the kind of person they take and while they would find you a handful, with so many Empowered people these days they likely have counter-measures and we still haven't learned anything of the Empress, leader of the Quince, though I suspect she's a very strong vampire."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HP: 2

Felix winces when Cheyenne hangs up on Nolan.

"I know you want to protect him by keeping him out of this, but," Felix grimaces, "After everything we've been in today? I think you need to take the call, and read him in on what's going on."

"He's risking his job and his retirement calling us like this. I know you're just teasing him, but look at it from his side,"
Felix says, "We're scary and powerful. We attacked a club and kidnapped a patron, we were involved in a shoot-up in Chinatown and lighting one of the highest end restaurants in town on fire. All in one night. And when he calls us looking for some kind of assurance that we haven't gone off the deep end you told him we're going to attack a charity auction and hung up on him."

He looks at the phone as it rings, "It's up to you, but I think we should at least explain the situation to him, and why we're doing what we're doing. But if we don't treat him like a friend now I'm worried he won't be our friend the next time we run into each other."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
"I know you want to protect him by keeping him out of this, but," Felix grimaces, "After everything we've been in today? I think you need to take the call, and read him in on what's going on
"Not jsut a matter of protecting him, but us as well." She sighed "We get caught up in questioning well be hours at best, Days at worst if they decide to hold us for the full 48."

"we get caught up in that muck and who knows how fast they move any people they have to a place we cant reach. This has to end soon or we risk more people becoming monster chow,"

She took a breath then stepped outside "i'll fill him in. but we need to be on the move as fast as we can."

She shook her head and called Nolan immediately

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It takes longer for the man to pick up than Cheyenne might've liked. "You. I really hope you're about to tell me you'll meet me down at the station, or else we're going to have a problem."
------------