[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Felix, does the antique shop have any cameras you can get the logs for?" Phillip asks
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress
"There are three people at a table speaking Japanese. Although their tones are conversational they aren't drinking their tea. I don't know if it has significance but they could be watching this shop." Phillip says to the occupants of the Jitney.
"Huh... I only speak English and bad English," Felix says, noting that hacking their phones (even if it was possible) would probably not help him much, "We could try putting them under surveillance I guess?"
"Watashi wa nihongo wa hanashi masu." She said though even she had to admit she was a bit rusty. She hadnt been to tokyo since her Delta force days.

She focused on the conversation trying to listen carefully and translated as best she could

Shes going to use one of her hero points for an advantage id intended to give her for a while no anyways

Multilingual basically youve been around and learned a few tongues and can speak and understand them fluently GM can require a hero point for particualrly obscure or alien languages

Watashi wa nihongo wa hanashi masu. = I speak Japanese
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1 HP

"I don't see any cameras or wifi. Honestly most of these antique and second hand shops are run pretty cheap, the only thing I've seen them add is more shelving and display cases," Felix says, "Maybe a high end one, or the ones that are barred up like a prison in the rough parts of town might have them."

He spent more time than he'd probably care to admit rummaging through these kinds of shops through various parts of his life. Looking for cool things, looking for stuff he could repair and/or resell, or (most recently) for things that had a magical lineage to them.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

"Stay here. Felix see if you can use my phone to listen in." she said as she pulled her jacket on ran a hand through her messy red hair then got out and made her way to the cafe. She passed the men with barely an acknowledgement sat at a nearby table and ordered a beer and some dumplings. She then proceeded to play on her phone like she was bored out of her mind and passing the time. All the while she listened to eveyrhing that was said
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix, distracted by something the Herkimer Battle Jitney was doing, nods at Cheyenne's request. After all calling her wouldn't be difficult.

A minute after she enters the building he starts, "Did we just send the most easily recognizable member of the team into a room with a group of people we think are waiting for us to show up?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Why would they be looking for US?" Phillip asks. "The man and 4 women were gone before Chey broke in, wasn't he, and you scrubbed the cameras?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cheyenne sits down and is served in good time, the other table taking notice of the very obvious brute of a woman.

"<That a man or a woman?> One asked, not actually looking toward her.

A woman scoffs, "<just some tourist. An ugly one too. Bet she got kicked out of her bar and had to crawl all the way down here.>

The trio share a laugh, the third member of the group, a man with rectangular sunglasses, not adding anything himself. Speaking up again, the first man glances over to the shop. "<Still nobody besides those other tourists. Boss might be worried over nothing.>"

"<Hey. Shut up.>" The woman replied.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"They scrubbed the footage for us," He nods to the Golem, "I just turned off the cameras before security got there. So I didn't really see much."

"Also, this isn't our first rodeo, and Cheyenne is,"
Felix struggles to find a way to put this politely, "Prone to drawing attention to herself."

It sounded better than saying "A one man wrecking machine", though strangely he suspected Cheyenne would have preferred it over the polite version.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

Chey mostly just ate her dumplings and drank her beer as they spoke about her. Inwardly she chuckled this was hardly the first time someone had doubted her femininity hell as far back as Delta there had been the same 6 or 7 jokes told in various bars and locker rooms, She looked at the men gave a smile that said Oh Hi new peoples and player her part of the ignorant lost tourist

But all the while she listened as they talked and made ready to follow them as needed

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It takes Cheyenne a good five or ten minutes before it becomes a little too obvious she doesn't have much reason to actually be there. After the first three, the conversation between the two men and the woman becomes suspiciously stilted and mundane. They don't make a move for the shop, nor against her, and only seem to relax when the bounty huntress makes her way back to the HBJ.

The Golem is the first to state the obvious, "It seems that those scoundrels aren't liable to make a move without somethyng to provoke them first. She pauses, then tilts her head. "Should I doon so?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"What's our goal here?" Phillip asks. "Are we going to try to grab one and ask questions about what they know?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I think they're right. We're going to have to kick over this rat's nest and see what scurries out. And hope something bigger than those hired thugs shows up," Felix frowned as he considered the situation, "We're running without much in the way of leads at the moment. Unless there is some kind of limitation we can figure out, they could have teleported from here to any other location."

"Maybe I can get an idea of what magic was used if I go to the site, but I'm not expecting to find anything."

"I'll go out to the Antique shop. I already stick out like a sore thumb. And I'll keep my shields up, so I'll stand out even more. You three all have stealth abilities, so get set up around the area where you can have a good view. Golem can deploy from here if a fight starts, unless you've got a sneaky option too?"
He taps the screen showing the surveillance crew, "Hopefully they call in an ambush to try to take me out, and we just clean up the mess."

"Otherwise we might be stuck with them trying to trail me back to our 'headquarters',"
He shrugs, "If that happens we can find a nice empty warehouse to lure them to."

"Would be nice to have somebody listening in on the watchers but shouldn't be a big deal."

"Though if they do attack, and they have the teleporter the question quickly becomes how do we deal with that?"
He asks, "Tossing a tracking device through would be nice, but if they're working out of another cutout we won't be making any progress. And sending somebody through is going to be pretty dangerous."
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Potence(Wall Crawling 2, Leaping 2, Speed 4)
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Obfuscation (Concealment)

"So, you're kicking the hornets nest to see what response, hoping that the stealthy of us can get there for back-up if needed? That it?" the vampire asks.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Foxy

"Well, I can always watch from afar and teleport in if needed. I'll stay here," the fox says.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix shivers at the mention of hornets.

"I'm not sure. I'm hoping that you guys will be in a place you'll be able to see something I miss and be able to act on it," Felix admits.

It would hopefully mean they'd have an early warning when something happened. Or that they'd be able to run if this went sideways.

"I'm open to suggestions."