[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The man nods with a grim expression, "About three days worth, if that scheduled auction means anything. That was one of the things I wanted to talk to you since you clued me in over the call. These people, wherever they are right now, I don't think they're in danger yet. Not that I want them staying locked up God knows where, but I've dealt with operations like this before. These mon... People, they'll want to get top dollar for whoever they've picked up. 'Don't damage the merchandise.'"

His expression twists even further, "God does that feel slimy to say. Fix, Cheyenne, these assholes are some of the worse sort. Competent. We frankly don't have a damn lick of evidence about what these guys have been up to, where they've been up to, or who they've been doing it with. I want to nail them right here and now same as you, yet we should face the facts.

"If Quince is going down, we're going to need a bit more than tax evasion. We have to catch them in the act. You've gotta attend that auction."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Felix stares at the detective for a few moments before finally admitting, "Okay, so, not exactly the direction I was expecting this conversation to go."

He considered his companions for a moment.

"Okay, I don't think I need to point out we're not exactly the subtle approach group," Felix said leaning back in his chair, "But, in theory, we could get ourselves on the invite list for the legitimate auction, and sneak one or two of us in."

"The illegal auction might be a bit harder to pull off. Also not sure what kind of evidence we will be able to pull up, so far the only thing we've been able to get is a set of high tech weapons from their goons."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"No, not subtle at all." He agrees. "That's another thing, something that's higher on the priority list. When you had your little adventures tonight, some cameras were rolling in high places. Now, I'm thinking, if this footage was to get say... corrupted, somehow, then you've taken a bullet out of Quince's gun."

He then looks to the few pieces Felix had left out, brow quirked "And if what you said is true, we could put one into ours. I've seen pieces like that before, and I can assure you, none if it is legal in Illinois."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix considered the options. He'd gotten the cameras at the club, there were no cameras at the pawn shop, and he didn't see anything at the high end restaurant.

It was probably the restaurant.

"Yeah, well, hopefully Wu didn't do anything embarrassing like sending you videos of him hitting on the waitresses," Felix says casually.

"So about the auction, other than sneaking in, is there something that would be working on? Evidence you're looking for?" He asks, "They're using a teleporter to get around, so they're probably not going to be bringing much in the way of incriminating evidence here, but they must have a site somewhere in the city."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

"Cutting off their supply would be one way, but it would be the ground up approach, theyd just pick up elsewhere with the main players still out there. An inconvenience at worst."

"I'd much rather cut the head off the snake so were not going down this rabbit hole again in a years time."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nolan nods, "Precisely why I want you guys in on that auction. I can't say for sure, but I think there's more to this than either some PR stunt or even crooks making money. A lot of important people are going to be there."Turning, he glances in the general direction of the auction house. "There's probably a room they'll be using for it either on the main floors or maybe downstairs," Foxy immediately recalls the isolated room being the main stage. "If you can get in there and have it bugged without them knowing, you'll be in a good position to gather some real evidence. If you can mange to actually confront them and take them down in the act, even better. MUPD has tolerated Quince for far too long, it's about time someone actually does their damn job. Even if he has to risk his badge to do it."
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

She reaches over and gives Nolan a soft bump of her fist on his chest. "You'te good people Nolan. always were."

"Dont worry we'll take care of this,"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip had no idea how to contribute except with Silent agreement.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Well, I did recently come into possession of a lot of high quality cameras and microphones with network access," Felix says nodding, "So we should be able to set up some bugs."

It wasn't like he was going to give the criminals their phones back, might as well get some use out of them.

"And we're going to need to get in there to set up a few things," Felix said, "Shouldn't be an issue."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The man nods, "We're all on the same page again. I should get going. I'll try to hold them off your back, but be careful. If the order goes through, I'll give you a heads up if they issue a warrant."

He glances again first st the robot, then the fox, and finally the apparent civilian man who was definitely not such. "I swear your group looks weirder every time I we meet each other." Shaking his head, he goes for the door to leave. "Good luck, Mythos. We're rooting for you."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip will wait until the police man leaves. He was a criminal informant who ran many unlicensed (illegal) clinics... and a vampire. He really didn't want to interact with law enforcement. He could help plant cameras though for Felix's plan and volunteers to do so.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"He never saw us when we had a drider and an ent, did he?" Felix asks as the detective left.

With a groan he leaned back in his seat, "Okay I've got too much to do and not enough time to accomplish it."

"Magic potion to track teleportation, anti-teleportation generator, repurposing cellphones into stealth cameras, running a business, training an apprentice,"
He stares at the wall with a dead to the world expression, "Oh, right, sleep. Need sleep somewhere in that too."

He looks over a Cheyenne, Phillip, and the Golem with a look that screams envy.

With a sigh he looks around, "You guys need a ride? I need to get back to the workshop."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I need to work on my magic act," Foxy said. "Can't say I like the idea of an anti-teleportation generator. How localized or unlocalized were you planning to make it? If you say the whole building, I'll have to work twice as hard on that magic act."
Last edited by jmucchiello on Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

"Yeah sleep sounds good, Lets regroup at the Shop tomorrow and work on what we need."

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Don't know, this is my first one. But you shouldn't worry too much; I can't turn it on until we're ready to catch them, because if they can't teleport in they're... not going to teleport in," Felix shrugs, "Probably isn't going to reach very far anyways."