Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: Hesitant | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Super-Senses
Vampire Array: Animalism

With a name 'Lamplighters' Phillip recalls whatever he could about the gang.
Well Informed
Well Informed: 1d20+11 30
adding to the absurdity, It could be that Phillip treated some of them for injuries and got to know them that way.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira "Foxy" Donal
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 8, Fort: 8, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Form: Human, Condition: fatigued

Kira pushes her TK beyond its limits, lifting her car, turning it around, and putting it down while simultaneously gunning the engine and driving out of there.

(Extra Effort +1 rank TK For 3200 lbs of lift, her TK is precise so I assume she has no issue turning it around, perhaps floating it 30-60 feet in the process, and then driving away.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

For Philip, the name "Lamplighters" is more akin to a rebranding rather than a new gang entirely. People that ran with their crew would occasionally pass through his hospital's doors even before the Inheritance. Back then they were called the "Side-Street Swindlers", and as their name implied they trafficked mostly in counterfeit or stolen goods. Recently they've started to become bolder, perhaps trying to fill up the power vacuum left behind when the Mazerunners were taken out.

"Continue forward for 13 ft. Then take a right." The synthized woman chimed, calling for the Mongrel to plow past the armed woman and squeeze into an alleyway just behind her.

Beside it, Kira's clear intent to ram ahead results in a balding man quickly jumping to the side and out of her way.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Felix grins wildly as the car in front of him flies up into the air, spins and sets down before driving off.

Without missing a beat he pops the emergency break off, slams it back into gear and stomps on the gas, still following the GPS instructions.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Everyone in front of their path quickly get's the hell out've the way for fear of being run-down with Kira going one direction while Felix takes another. They'd have to coordinate and meet up again once they were clear of all this.

The alleyway looks almost empty save for black trash bags, and it's dark enough by now that the headlights are on to light the way. Yet as Felix continues to drive the Mongrel continues to drive forward, a tall figure soon comes into view. There's just enough time to notice a tattoo on the back of their neck before they turn, cigerate in their lips and lighter culled to their mouth. His eyes widen and the lighter is dropped, but instead of getting out of the way like a sensible person they adopt a stance as if to brace themselves.

GM: Do you brake?
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Why did he turn down an alley?" Kira says out loud for no reason. "I'm not going back toward the gang in my car." She turns on the navigation map in her car to see where the alley goes and attempts to take normal roads to get to the other end of the alley.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix swore and stomped on the brakes, trying to avoid vehicular homicide on some poor idiot who decided that smoking in the alley was the best way to spend their time.

"Hey, Pal, run!" Felix yells sticking his head out the window, "There's guys with guns chasing us, and they don't seem particular on who they shoot!"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Philip is probably the first to notice the man before them wears a bandana wrapped around his arm in Lamplighter colors. With Felix stopped, the man's expression smooths out to something passive. He dosn't make to respond verbally at all, instead walking forward and placing a hand against the Mongrel's front. Indistinct shouting is heard from somewhere behind.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: Let me know what Kira sees in the rearview and how long she thinks it will take to get to the other end of the alley.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Glancing to see behind her, Kira notices that the thugs seem to be swarming where the Mongrel fled down. It'll likely only take her less then a minute to circle around the block and end up where it should be exiting. Seems it was identified as a shortcut.
------------
Wheeljack Prime

Post by Wheeljack Prime »

Mimi "Neko Mimi" Nomura
Dodge: 10, Parry: 10, Tough: 6/3, Fort: 6, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Condition: Normal

Mimi gripped the edge of her seat with both hands, lifting herself up against the seatbelt to try and see out... the battle jitney wasn't well equipped with side windows. Her tail stood straight up behind her, rising over the top of her head as the wild maneuvers started!

"What? A roadblock shakedown?" she exclaimed. "We should go back there and kick all of their asses! When we finish the investigation" she said, the latter part a little belatedly.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: Hesitant | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Sense rats
Vampire Array: Animalism

Phillip's undead strength let him hold himself braced as the Mongrel van screeched to a halt. The old metal creaked under his feet as he pushed down to stay in his seat.

"He's with them, a 'Lamplighter', though their original name was the 'Side-Street Swindlers', mostly small time fencing and counterfeiting. They've been rising in the street ranks ever since the Mazerunners were disbanded. You know something of that, don't you, New Mythos?" He asks pointedly. His tone is otherwise pedantic.

"Do we wish to talk or muscle our way out of this trap?" he asks casually, though he was already casting out his senses and power to every rat for several blocks (up to a mile radius, actually). To any who heeded his call he bade the rodents to make their way here keeping to the shadows.
[DC15 Will, giving rats a generous Will of 2 we can expect 13 in 20 rats would start scurrying here in the shadows. It will take time for them to amass.]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Philip's odd perception of vermin leads him to believe the area has it's fair share, though most of them wouldn't be able to easily get to his location. Of those that can, his will manages to overpower the majority(12) of them. Four of them were close enough that they're immediately at his disposal, either in or entering into the alleyway within seconds. The rest are scurrying as fast as their little legs can carry them.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Glaring at the man putting his hand on his vehicle, Felix fought the urge to run his ass over. The man obviously thought he could take the hit based on how he had tried to do that instead of dodging earlier. This guy had some trick up his sleeve. The people behind him?

"These guys have a spike belt, guns and a powered idiot, and we're pissed them off," Felix slammed the Mongrel into reverse queueing the backup beeper and stomps on the gas, "I vote muscle!"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The sudden shift in direction takes the tall ganger by surprise, and when they make to grasp the Mongrel's front bumper he finds only air. Shouts of alarm come from behind, and there's a thunk and a groan as someone fails to get out of the way in time.

"Rec-AL-culat-IN-g..." The Mongrel's navcom complains, putting up only a mild fuss as Felix forges his own path in life for a change.

By the time he pulls out into the street proper, it agrees with his decision to flee the scene, chasing after where Kira's own car fled. Soon the hangers will be behind them, but the Rats remain behind.

GM: Philip, you'll have full control of the 12 rats in the area for as long as your communication holds up. What would you like them to do?
------------