[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The backroom hall seems to be slowly filling up, reaching a number easily around two hundred strong in attendance. Outside of those that seemed to have friends or alliances people here have been keeping to themselves, with most interactions being 'politely cordial' at best. Anyone that had beef with one another were keeping it civil for the sake of appearance.

Philip and Kira aren't sure when the general vibe of the people here shifted, but within the space of a few minutes supernaturals were doing away with whatever glamours or transformations they had in play to reveal their true selves. Werebeasts, ghouls, hags, demons, and all manner of mythological beasts were doing away with the constraints of human society to be their truly monstrous selves. A shift in weight next to Philp would alert him to the what he might've first thought was an overweight man revealing himself to be a cycloptic ogre dressed to the nines complete with a monocle placed precariously on the center of his nose. He turns towards the vampire and gives him a wide grin filled with flat yellow teeth fit for cracking and grinding bones.

Yet still, the host of the event had yet to show.

Out around the block as the trio of Cheyene, Felix, and the Golem were witnessing a masquerade fall before their eyes a knock on the HBJ's apparent front window sounded out. The vehicle itself seemed startled, it hadn't noticed who was approaching until they were there. It informed it's master in short order that there were three men, a dwarf and two apparent humans, who looked like they might've been security for the function. "Excuse me, can you roll down the window please?"

It seems that at the time the HBJ had disguised as an SUV with tinted windows, as it 'fit the theme,' the vehicle ashamedly informed Felix.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 0

"Oh good," Felix mutters to himself, "Company."

"Cheyenne, go into stealth mode and try to sneak out a side they don't have somebody watching. If slash when this goes sideways you might need to take these guys out in a hurry before they call for help," Felix said before turning his attention to the Herkimer Battle Jitney, giving it an idea of what he was hoping for.

He wanted the Jitney to adjust the illusion to show the window rolling down to reveal a skinny older man with glasses who peers out the window at the men owlishly.

"Oh, ah, Toby?" he asks.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The man who'd posed the request didn't seem entirely phased by the apparent old man, and ignored the name call. "Sir, you're parked along private property. I'm going to need to ask you to move."
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: unseen Huntress

Chey complied without a word simply fading away and slipping into the back and out a roof hatch slowly and carefully little more than the wind in the process.

easy enough to go predator mode and get into position to watch the shenanigans unfold :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:51 pm Philip and Kira aren't sure when the general vibe of the people here shifted, but within the space of a few minutes supernaturals were doing away with whatever glamours or transformations they had in play to reveal their true selves. Werebeasts, ghouls, hags, demons, and all manner of mythological beasts were doing away with the constraints of human society to be their truly monstrous selves. A shift in weight next to Philp would alert him to the what he might've first thought was an overweight man revealing himself to be a cycloptic ogre dressed to the nines complete with a monocle placed precariously on the center of his nose. He turns towards the vampire and gives him a wide grin filled with flat yellow teeth fit for cracking and grinding bones.
Phillip was nonplussed to see so many terrors gathered in one place. He makes some room for the one-eyed ogre, smiling to show fangs. Not a threat, more of a badge of belonging in this collection of B-movie villains and campfire stories made flesh.

"Come to these often?" he inquires even as he casts his mind out to start moving rats closer so as to be in position if he needs them. He will try to get some rats 'backstage' to get a look at the items for auction before they are presented for sale.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"No," The ogre of a man said, grinning, "I didn't think such a thing existed until recently. Guess people finally know about how strong the Bullion family has become."

It's not so difficult to move the rodents in an old building like this where there are hollow spots and forgotten access ways. It'll take him a few minutes to get them in place.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira is using her remote senses to figure out where the folks running the auction are keeping the "goods" if they are on premise yet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Sure, perception.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:37 pm "No," The ogre of a man said, grinning, "I didn't think such a thing existed until recently. Guess people finally know about how strong the Bullion family has become."

It's not so difficult to move the rodents in an old building like this where there are hollow spots and forgotten access ways. It'll take him a few minutes to get them in place.
"The Bullion family?" Phillip inquires, not having come across that name in this investigation.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He puffs himself out, obviously happy getting to talk about himself. "That's right! We Bullions have been running the arms market for generations, got our start running guns durring the feench revolution. Kept the tradition ever since to anyone with a cause and the money to pay for it, eheheh. Even if they were of the 'unsavory sort' like my great great grandpappy way back in the 1940's. Moved operations overseas come the 21st century when the money started running low, getting people things they might not want seen on a register if you catch my drift.

"Money was alright for awhile, but now that the Inheritance has come into play some gangs want some extra firepower against the 'spookier'-"
He wiggles his sausage fingers, "Monsters. More guns means more money, and we're making quite the killing."

He let's out a deep belly laugh at his own morbid joke.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillips laughs along, nodding. "Do you know any of the other players around here?" he asks.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"First time being Inna gathering like this too eh? Good to know whose toes not to step on. Ehhh lessee..." Looking around, he tries to make as subtle a gesture a massive oaf like him can make. Philip can make out the first woman whom Foxy saw seated. "You might be kin with her, but I recommend staying away from that redheaded girl up front. She's a bit ehhhhh indiscriminate, when it comes to what, or more whom, she's eating. Erhm, that scragg'y guy over there with the man servant, they've been making some waves lately." Where he points now, Philip sees the familiar strongman who once went up against Cheyenne. "Hand of Solomon. Good people to go to if you need a few more bodies."

Turning Inna seat which protests, where he looks next sends a chill up Philp's spine. "Darrius, he's part of Quince. Real high up. Related to the group through marriage, his sister. Nicer than your other kin, but he's an Inheritor. Careful round him." Luckily for the undercover paramedic, the dark skinned man was scrolling through his phone seemingly unaware at the far end of the room. Philip's new friends notes a fee more names, including a few smaller mob bosses, some minor celebrities, and a few independents of the underworld.

"Hah... If only Longhorn hadn't gotten himself busted up by police. He and I used to hang back in highschool, would've gotten a kick out of a gathering like this. There's a minotaur horn up for bidding tonight, imagine owning a piece of your heritage like that."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"A real First Gen?" Phillip gives an appropriately 'fan boy' reaction at news of Darrius, suitably impressed.

He settles back, putting the bulk of the ogre betwixt himself and the vamp. "Minotaur horn? Huh, what else of note is up for auction? I was told this was a good place to network so I didn't pay too much attention to the items list but now you've got me intrigued. Oh, I'm Phil, by the way." he offers as greeting.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

jmucchiello wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:08 pm (ooc: Foxy Perception: 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18)
Try as she might to scour the building, it felt instead like her third eye was slipping over something that was located just in the margins. All the stock she could get a good read on instead was what was being sold legitimately up front. What she did see however was a woman entering the building from a back entrance, wiping her hands with a white cloth as she moved. Ryoku Yamikawa, the very woman who hired Arthur and her in the first place. Flanked by two men and a permanently etched onto her face, she moved with purpose. When the cloth was tossed to the man on her left, Kira could see the rust-red stains of blood. It seems she'd been dealing with 'business'' up until now.

Upstairs on the main floor, Philip's new 'friend' held his meaty hand in offering. A single glance confirms that like all of him, it'd dwarf Philip's own. "Maxwell Bullion, a pleasure. Definitely the place to make a few new friends in the business, you've got that right. You've probably seen on the news how a lot of old museum pieces have started 'waking up' over the past year. Let's just say, they're not the only people who've curated trinkets of worth. Rings, swords, 'hunting trophies'... We might not know what everything does yet, but magic is magic eh?"
------------