[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Sadface, the whole reason he surged was to avoid the chase, but I'll use the HP to counter fatigue from the surge and act on my turn]
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

Chey had been pacing quite deliberately her every step taking her closer to the knight and his prey it took mere moments of subtly pacing closer but soon she was in attack range.

then the vamp rabbited. Never run from a Predator it only makes them chase you.

Cheyenne gave chase immediately her legs pumping fast as she cleared obstacles and made up ground. She caught the vamps scent easily enough and followed it full speed,

Shes on urban predator so shes going full parkour now.

She was more than close enough to get his scent so Vamp hunt it is
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Be right back," she says to the man with the sword. Foxy teleports onto a roof ahead of the fleeing vampire. Unseen, she uses her telekinetic force to try to grab him and keep him from escaping.

MO w/Multiattack to grab Str or Dodge DC 20+(multiattack) to resist: 1D20+11 = [13]+11 = 24
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The kitsune goes one way, while behind her the figure leaps high up in the air, coming to land on a building some distance further to the right. As she prepares herself to grab the vampire with her powers the moment he comes into view, she finds that time continues to drag on without any sighting. It seems that the vampire took a turn somewhere in his run.

GM: You'll need to make perception checks if you want to try and find him from that high up.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: Can I use the 13 I rolled above? That's 23 perception.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Sure, I'll allow for it! After this post, Felix and Philip.

Foxy is on the precious of launching a telekinetic strike, where her vulpine eyes manage to catch the shadow of man rushing down an alley on the right closer towards a busy street. She notes it'll take her another momment to reposition herself, but now she at least has her heading.
------------
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Felix snaps his shades back into a functional state, giving the armored man the stink eye the entire time.

"Ancient set of armor my ass," Felix mutters to himself.

Either this was one heck of set of power armor, or this was a robot. A robot wearing magic armor or... A magic robot.

Somebody had beaten him to making magic robots. If he wasn't already very upset about somebody messing with his shade's operating system he'd have been mad that somebody had made a magic robot before he did.

As it was this new guy was now on his list of people he didn't much like.

Rocketing into the air he attempted to follow the vampire.

"Hack, Slash, pin him down," He ordered with a wave of his hand.

From under his coat two drones appeared, one red, the other blue, shooting up into the sky to fire globs of sticky foam at the fleeing vampire.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Potence(Wall Crawling 2, Leaping 2, Speed 4)
Auspix Array: Enhanced senses
Vampire Array: Animalism

Phillip had the eyes and ears of several dozen rats in the area and took a moment to orient himself before giving chase.
Perception: 1d20+12 23
Before moving he issued his commands - Any rodents in the shadows that the vampire moved through would try to trip up the blood-sucker or aid it's packmates in doing so. Soon he'll find rats underfeet or divebombing him if they are able.

Finally, Phillip moved with his own Dark Speed to keep up.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Though fast, the vampire's not able to completely get out of sight of the New Mythos crew as he dashes through the urban sprawl. Felix gets close enough while riding his hoverboard to see the man look back in fear, making him a prime target for a twin-drone strike of capture foam. While the attack is dead-on, The vampire is quick to slip out of his shoes and stumble forwards away from the hidden scurrying of vermin fast approaching.

Bright city lights fast approach and the few pedestrians about are caught unaware as a man bursts out onto the sidewalk at a fast clip, knocking several people off balance. One of them, a bespectacled elven woman just carrying her groceries, finds herself knocked into the road where her glasses come loose. Precious moments for her to recover are lost as she fumbles for her eyewear, all the while the vampire continues to rush through the late evening crowds seemingly unaware of the situation he caused. A horn sounds, and-

GM: How you react, heroes?
Vampire: Running and dashing
Players: (Cheyenne, Felix, Cheyenne, Philip)
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

There was no hesitation not even a stutter in her step as she altered her trajectory. She embraced the woman scooped her up glasses and all put out a hand to stop the car. She made sure her body was fully in-between the woman and the oncoming vehicle

Switch to imbued powerhouse Cover the woman with her own body and take the full impact of the vehicle which she should be able to stop

_: 1D20+12 = [8]+12 = 20
should be sufficent to brace herself and stop it if not shell blow a HP
Last edited by catsi563 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The honk continues even as the car's driver slams on the breaks, but for him it's too little too late. Slaming into the woman's outstretched hand, the front end of the car crumples and sheer kinetic force has Cheyenne pushed several feet, her heels digging into the concrete as it happens. When next she looks up, it's a relief to see that the driver's airbags deployed in time, though he's obviously still injured by the crash. Behind his car, several more stop with little more than some light fender benders.

It takes several moments for the pedestrians and those involved in the near fatal accident to process what just happened.

Felix, Philip, and Foxy next. All of you can still see the vampire this 'round'.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip lands near the scene of the wreckage. His hand is already on the door handle as he speaks.
"Cheyenne, rejoin the chase, I'll clean up here! You're the best chance to stop Sword guy before he runs the vampire though."
I'll give in to Phillip's Soft-Hearted Complication.
Phillip's Dark Speed gives way as he empowers his words with Authority. He'll direct the spectacled elf to call emergency services and open the door to see how badly injured the driver might be.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Foxy finally gets a bead on the fleeing vampire. She tries to stop him in his tracks.

MO w/Multiattack to grab Str or Dodge DC 20+(multiattack) to resist: 1D20+11 = [14]+11 = 25
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

With a grimace Felix watches the wreck and steps off his hoverboard. His hand reached out to catch his staff as it transformed back, and he fell to land next to Cheyenne. A few feet from the ground his coat pulsed, and his fall slowed to a safe speed, letting him land lightly.

Reaching out with his staff he tapped the destroyed car once, twice, and on the third tap the staff shifted and blurred over the vehicle turning the car from a horrible wreck into a car once more.

He probably should have gone after the vampire, but he'd been in a car wreck before. A broken car might mean nothing if you're rich, but for people just getting by?

He cleared his throat, "I can't fix the man, but I can fix the machine."
OOC: Autonomous Repair, Healing 9 objects only.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

she felt the impact all the way through her arm and down through her feet and into the ground where she dug in her heels and braced herself as best she could still she was stopping a couple thousand pounds of moving metal with one arm. But she did it anyways because the cost for not doing it wouldve been a womans life.

when Phillip took her in hand she nodded and then was gone in a blur, She regained the scent and then poured on the speed using rooftops and alleyways and even vehicles as she leapfrogged ahead of the pursuit cutting across roads and taking her on a course to intercept the pair.

Back to urban huntress and go full parkour shes going to try to get ahead of the pair and lay a sneak attack

Catsi stories