[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

"I said read him in, not turn ourselves in," Felix says holding up his hands in surrender.

"Can you imagine how bad that would go? At best they'd keep us busy until the hostages were dead or transported away. At mediocre they'd hit us with as many criminal charges as they could. At worst Wu would use that teleporter to drop a bomb in the police station while we were being held there."

Felix shook his head, "Even if we lived nobody would believe we weren't responsible for that."

He had to admit he might have been a bit biased on that assumption, as Cheyenne had once blown up a building while walking out of it. But he wasn't entirely sure if anybody else actually knew about it.
catsi563

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

"No can do. you want to talk be happy to, soon as the bad guys are stopped and the kidnapped people theyre selling as food are returned home." She said matter of factly. She spent a few moments explaining the situation as best she could and their intent.

"Best bet to stop them is to be there, you want answers thats where they are Nolan."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Persuasion check.,,
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

"You know me Nolan I dont do stuff like this for funsies."

persuasion that doesnt involve breaking things you got high hopes :lol:

Cheys persuasion check _: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21
HUH? Ill take it

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Over the course of the call, the man had interrupted Cheyenne several times as if to make counterpoints against her claims, yet the brutish woman was more than capable of steamrolling whatever arguments he had. In the end of it all, he's still not very happy. "Damnit- You keep going on and on about rumors and speculation, but we can't throw charges at people with only hearsay alone. That's-" His voice lowers, almost conspiratorially. "That's why I called you in the first place. Someone didn't just see see you, they've caught you people on tape. There's only so much I can bend things for you, or else I'd turn my badge in personally."

He breathes through is nose, it's quiet for a moment, before you here a car door open and then shut tight. The sounds of the city come into focus, it seems he was in his car during the call. About to drive somewhere, perhaps? "I can give you until tomorrow morning. There's no getting out of the fact you're coming by the station then either way, but if you get anything we can actually use... Maybe we can make this more painless."

At his mention of a timeframe, the more human members of the Mythos are reminded of just how late into the evening it was. The longer this drug on, the more exhausting it might become.

GM: DC 15 fortitude save to resist fatigue, you've been exceptionally active tonight and it's taken a tole.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Jeez, and I was feeling sorry for the guy," Felix rolls his eyes, "Think we should have mentioned all the times we did his job for him?"

He cricks his neck, "Okay, I was going to save everybody because it was the right thing to do. But now I'm adding 'to make Nolan eat crow' to my list."

He reaches over and opens a small compartment to reveal a tiny fridge full of soda, grabs a can of Jolt Cola and cracks it open, "Okay, I'll ask the Herkimer Battle Jitney to swing past the auction house, unless you guys wanted to runs solo?"

"I'm going to start going through these phones for anything illegal because now I'm petty and resentful,"
He looks at the phones, "I guess we also need somebody to look into Ryoku. We taking bets on her being in charge of the Inheritance Foundation?"

OOC: Fatigue save DC15: 1d20+6 15
Anything I need to roll to go through these phones?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

He breathes through is nose, it's quiet for a moment, before you here a car door open and then shut tight. The sounds of the city come into focus, it seems he was in his car during the call. About to drive somewhere, perhaps? "I can give you until tomorrow morning. There's no getting out of the fact you're coming by the station then either way, but if you get anything we can actually use... Maybe we can make this more painless."
"Understood." she said "Thanks Nolan." she added with a grin

"Jeez, and I was feeling sorry for the guy," Felix rolls his eyes, "Think we should have mentioned all the times we did his job for him?"
She smiled "Hes given us more help than a lot of people realize. probably stuck his neck out more than anyone has a right to ask.." "

She stretched a bit and rolled her neck to loosen things up. "We need to make this count."

He reaches over and opens a small compartment to reveal a tiny fridge full of soda, grabs a can of Jolt Cola and cracks it open, "Okay, I'll ask the Herkimer Battle Jitney to swing past the auction house, unless you guys wanted to runs solo?"

"I'm going to start going through these phones for anything illegal because now I'm petty and resentful," He looks at the phones, "I guess we also need somebody to look into Ryoku. We taking bets on her being in charge of the Inheritance Foundation?"
"Drive on." She said as she climbed into the seat. "And nothing would shock me on that."
Cheys fortitude_: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20
thats actually a 22 because i forgot great end shes good

Catsi stories
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Foxy

"I don't think he's aware of me," the fox says. "That is why I've been restricting myself to my fox form in public. Whether you want to tell him about me or not, is up to you. The question I have is, what leads do we have that we can even try to followup on before dawn?"

Fort DC 15: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Tomorrow morning? Will that be enough time?" Phillip asks.
immune to Fort saves
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Scatter brained GM here, reporting in again. Make a general technology check, Felix.

"We waste precious tyme the more we ponder. Magewright, command youre chariot to move us onward." The golem implores, growing ever the more frustrated the longer this seems to go.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I did," Felix says confidently.

"Didn't I?" He asks, suddenly much less confidant.

Taking a quick swig of his soda, he mentally asks if the Herkimer Battle Jitney could take them to the new location with a new outside appearance, please.

With a bit of hesitation he sends a mental question of if it was okay to keep going, or if it was feeling tired.
He assumed it would be fine because machines never needed to sleep, but now that it was less of an object and more of a living entity he was less certain.
OOC: Technology vs Phones: 1d20+10 13
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

To Felix's despair, the phones didn't seem to have much of anything useful. He was able to hack into them well enough, it just seems that everything he could find was fairly mundane as far as compromising material went.

After some time passes by with the HBJ in relatively stark silence, the crew of the New Mythos pull up just outside of the auction hall. The area isn't entirely without it's nighttime activity being closer to the city center, but the building itself was obviously closed. Just inside there's a security officer making his rounds, visible from his flashlight alone.

GM: Sorry for my delays as of late. How do you want to approach?
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: Foxy is going to scry the entire building top to bottom, back to front, left to right. (Perhaps not in that order.) )
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Sure, Perception check.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

This was a fancier part of town but maybe there'd be rats he could sense through. Phillip casts his senses around for rodent spies.
Perception: 1d20+12 31
"Something pithy this way comes."