[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Bluff check.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: I'm assuming the +20 for morph doesn't apply. Deception: 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Alright, Miss... Himiko?" The man states, almost questioningly, Foxy having assumed the guise of a darker skinned woman. He looks at her again, then proceeds to shrug it off and gather up a menu. "Your table is readyfor you already, so right this way please."

Assuming the disguised woman follows, she's led past the party and towards a corner of the room near the back where a booth had been set asside. He leaves her, assuming she'd be spending some time to look over what there was to have in depth.

GM: Alright, you're in the resteraunt. What would you like to do next? For everyone outside, are you attempting anything as well?
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Himiko" thanks host and sits so she can see the rest of the restaurant. She quickly decides what she wants to order and then starts eavesdropping on each table in turn to see if she hears anything interesting. She has her nose in the menu so whoever is her waiter will have to tap her on the shoulder to get her attention. (Thus, covering for her concentration flaw on the remote seeing effect.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Foxy determins rather quickly, that most the patrons (the majority attending the 99th Birthday of a man named Yoshioka), are speaking in Japanese. The few who converse in English don't seem to be covering anything of particular note or importance. It's very likely, that most of these people are legitimate patrons who are unaware of the things that happen behind the scenes.

This continues for a short while more, long enough for Kira to make an order of some variety(at absolutely ludicrous prices she'd note). Just as she's finished making one, she spots the familiar form of Mr. Wu emerge from the back and approach the main gathering. He exchanges a handshake with Yoshioka, and the two exchange words as if familiar.
------------
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: 0 | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Potence
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Obfuscation

Phillip will pull the power of Unknown, and sheathe himself in it like a cloak. Dark Strength is channelled to his limbs for effortless climbing and movement and he'll skulk in unseen and take to the walls and ceilings to watch the establishment. He'll extend his senses to overhear conversations and by stymied by the language barrier. He'll instead get close enough the his mic can pick up the conversation and transmit it to Cheyenne for translation into his earpiece. (if she's willing).
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

When Cheyenne gets the transition from Philip, she overhears the inte ded private conversation.

"<...It's an honor to have you here with us. I can't help but notice we're missing your dear Grandaughter in the end after all, hm?> Mr. Wu speaks.

Starting with a humored chuckle, <"That's Ryoku for you. Always the busy body.>"

Smiling back, "<Ahh yes, the charity auction. I hear it's to be quite the event. I'm looking forward to it myself.>"

They continue on for a momment more, before the Quince leader bids the old man a good evening and returns to the back.
------------
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1 HP

When the information was passed along Felix considered the situation.

"I'm starting to wonder if we came expecting their secret headquarters and instead we found their legitimate cover business," Felix said, sending his words as a text to those who couldn't have a phone conversation at the moment, "Maybe we need to find this guy's office for some clues?"

"And my paranoia wonders about that charity auction,"
He said stroking his beard.

Of course his paranoia also assured him that this was a secret decadent vampire restaurant where they fed on kidnapped people, so maybe he ought to have kept that thought to himself...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

“I’m going to check the door he came from, maybe it leads downstairs.” Phillip says before making his way, invisible and spider like through the door.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Philip finds himself little resistance as he makes his way into the restaurant himself, managing to spot Foxy in disguise as he moves himself deeper within. Past the kitchens, past the storage, and into the private rooms beyond.

Stealth and Perception checks
------------
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: 0 | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Obfuscation
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Obfuscation

To increase moving quietly he'll stay on the ground.
Stealth: 1d20+12 30
Perception: 1d20+12 26
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Philip felt like a proper stalker of the night as he slipped further into the restaurant itself checking room after room as he passed by suited men who were certainly carrying more weapons than they needed to be. Each of them seemed empty of anything important however, thought here was one room that had a partially eaten meal sitting at a table while a blood-scented cup lay empty on the other side. He was able to locate Mr. Wu, who seemed to be settling into an office adorned with sports memorabilia of all things. Hockey in particular. The human sat at desk filling out what seemed to be financial reports in English, the desk itself holding a few family photos that featured himself along with a dark skinned woman and two boys.

There was a brief moment where he looked up as if he heard the rustle of Philip's shirt, yet it was dismissed just as quickly.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip would peer over to see if the reports held anything of importance.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As far as Philip can tell, nothing seems particularly alarming about the reports.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip's phone was on silent as he withdrew it. he couldn't see the screen but he knew what buttons to hit to activate the camera. He aimed it in the direction of Wu's family picture and activated to take a picture. He aimed it at the financial reports and took another picture. He'll forward those to the others when he got a moment; maybe they could do something with them, especially the tricky fox and the picture of, presumably, Wu's family.