[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

<But she wasn't alone, was she?> Phillip signed, guessing. Even if he were incorrect, human nature is such that correcting others, whether the desire to help or the need to feel superior, was hardwired into our psyche's.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He shakes his head, bringing his hands back up. <No she was alone. It was dark out but I could only see her.> His gestures are more confident, but there's still something not quite right.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

<Ah, but she was moving strangely. Something different about that last night than you'd seen in previous times?> Phillip prompted in attempt to draw out the truth.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

<I could see she was upset about something. There was something else... but... It was dark. I think I was seeing things.> He signs haltingly.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

<Please. Anything. Even half-glimpsed, out of the corner of your eye or a sudden chill that raised goosebumps. It could be important. It could save a life.> Phillip reassured. <None of us will laugh or think less of you.> Phillips gives a look to the other teens. <We all know in today's world there are no shortage of the unexplained and uncanny. Monsters take many forms and not always in the ones you expect or were 'traditional'. In this world a turtle-boy loves an antlered-wolf-girl, and that love can be threatened by a....> eyes turn back to Mikey, <...what?>
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He shifts for a moment, looking to his friends for some support. Milo still seems displeased by the idea of helping out a 'monster', but the girl seems to have wavered. "I don't know what's happened, but this seems pretty serious Mikey. What'd you see?"

The mute boy's mouth opens and shuts a couple times, as if trying to find the words verbally, before finally turning back to Philip. <I think there was a shadow over on the roof over there.> A finger points for the mini-mart, where Neko was investigating. <I was distracted by my mother, when I looked back the shadow was gone and I couldn't see that girl.>
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Philip's hand goes up to his chin then descends forward to show an open palm - his heart-felt gesture for 'thank you'.

<"Do any of you know of any other odd disappearances around here?>" Phillip asks the teens.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Nope, things have been solid around here besides the monsters." Milo says, dismissively.

The girl's brow furrows, her hands fumble her waist pocket as if to fetch the smokes Philip still holds. "Hey, wasn't there that woman we used to pass by?"

"What, that old hag?" He snorts, only giving it a few seconds of extra thought. "Pretty sure she had a heart-attack or something. Good riddance really, that crone never liked any of us even before she morphed. Least we can finally get to school without her screeching in our ears."

A mix of guilt and agreement flood the girl, making it apparent that the Hispanic teen's opinions aren't completely baseless. He continues, "We don't really watch the news or anything though, so, beats me if there was anyone else."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"<Any detail, remember.>" Phillip reminds. "<Tell me about this old lady.">

<"Where did you used to encounter her? How long since you last saw her?">
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Eh, she was just this old crone that used to shout at us whenever we got too close to her rose bushes." Milo says, shrugging. "After the world went to shit, she became even uglier. Like something straight out of one of those really old movies, like uh... Golden brick road, or something?"

He looked to his friends for confirmation, but was only met with shrugs in return. "Green skin, long pointy nose, warts, the whole works.
Her place was this real fancy townhouse, about five streets down from here, over by 'Medusa's Hair Salon'. No actual snakes there, just what it was called. I've checked."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

Felix shifts uncomfortably at the silence and clears his throat.

"Guys?" Felix asks, "Did you want to check the path back to the apartment while we're waiting for the video?"

He looked from Kira to Cheyenne. Finding people was normally up Cheyenne's ally, but she seemed to be rather quiet at the moment. A fact that was worrying him a little.

He'd been confident that the rune tattoos could do more than boost her strength and durability, but they hadn't known what the after affects might be.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Has it been a half hour since I left the gas station?" Kira says. "I don't want the attendant to go home and have to come back some other time."

((ooc: If it's only been 5-10 minutes, Kira will wait. But if it's been closer to 25-30 minutes, she will head back to the station.))
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

((He's not been talkign too long, so around 5-10.))
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: Huntress

Cheyenne had been paying attention to the conversation of course taking in all the infor she could. Dealing with people was more Phillips area of expertise anyways her diplomatic skill tended more towards how many times she had to bounce someones head off the ground to get them to agree with her way of thinking.

She had also been trying to find any sort of scent or place to start tracking but the rain and the fact that while most of the pain was gone her head was still making like an eddy vedder drum solo didnt help her cause any

Cheyenne will attempt to track _: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11
PBBT :P yah not at the moment shes stll pooped

not sure if the 11 gives her at least a starting tracking point given she has the ""Scent"" from the sweater but well see

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

<"And how long since you've seen her?"> Phillip asks.