[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Flynnarrel »

The thump didn't phase him. As Phillip continued to disinfect his treatment area his thoughts drifted to the plethora of rats he kept around the building. With a thought he shifted his senses to the ones closest to the roof and commanded them to get sight on what might be up there.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The rats are, quite understandably, unsettled and frightened by the sudden noise. Many of them have already tried fleeing but a brave few remain vigil.

[Big human! Shiny! No face? It is looking for something? Movement, below! Somebody is running very fast. Big shiny human with no face also sees fast person. What are they doing? Are they-]

Another crunch of from above, and the building seems to groan in relief as the figure appears to have leapt off.

[I see where they are going!]
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Obfuscation
Auspix Array: Enhanced senses
Vampire Array: Mist Form

Phillip has his phone out in the group text and is typing in a moment.

Armored guy just passed over my clinic in pursuit of bad guy. Has sword with him. Starting my own pursuit.

He then clicked on his 'Share location with friends' feature and sent it to the group. He was unlikely to be able to answer or text in the hecticness about to come but they'll be able to see his location and rendezvous.

He puts phone in a pocket then dissolves into mist and soaring out a window and upwards to start following the armored figure.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira looks at her phone and says to Felix. "I'm going to see if I can get eyes on this guy." And before he can respond she teleports away.

(OOC: No idea how far away Philip's clinic is from Felix's garage. She can teleport 2 miles per action, so 4 miles in a turn. When she gets to the clinic she will be looking for Philip with the idea he needs to get out of the building so he shouldn't be far from the building when she arrives.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: It'll take you a few minutes. Felix? Going to try and keep up with her? Also, what is Cheyenne doing for that matter?
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(OOC: minutes? So he's over 40 miles away?)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM:Mirum Urbem is a big city, and your locations are rather nebulous as of now.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

She was planning to hit the museum and get a feel for the sword first then check the last known spots where the hunter had been seen to get their scent. Then Phillips text hit and she didnt hesitate yanked the harley into a tight turn and revved the engine to a full throttled roar as she shot down the streets to intercept.

before she did she keyed in a quick text

Cheyenne: OMW

Fast ride to the area of Phillips Clinic then pursue on foot when she gets close
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Felix scratched his head, wondering if he'd missed something.

It was just a magic sword, after all.

He sighs, carrying the box back to Kira's car and dumping it in her trunk. From there he heads back inside to give Earl and update on the situation before he collects his coat, and heads off in their direction in the Herkimer Battle Jitney.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:19 pm GM:Mirum Urbem is a big city, and your locations are rather nebulous as of now.
(OOC: I live in central New Jersey, 40 miles away is Philidelphia one way and NYC the other way. On the east coast, cities don't take up 40 miles. :) )
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I think I was thinking of the wrong measure. Regardless, I want you guys all to arrive at roughly the same time because this'll be a mess regardless. I'll update when I can.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(OOC: I didn't expect us to actually find him. If I'd known that I'd have ridden in the Jitney and scried for the guy.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Foxy is quick with her teleportations, able to travel across the city span within mere seconds. Actually locating where Philip seems to have misted himself is a trickier fare, as well as trying to predict where exactly the large shadow appears to be leaping towards. At several points, both heroes lose track of them within the cramped alleyways, but never for very long with both applications of their scouting abilities. Something about the target of their chase interferes with Foxy's spiritual sight, the picture always fuzzy and uncertain. Where it lacks, Philip's rats make up the difference.

Eventually, Cheyenne is soon joining into the hunt, leaping and dashing along much like their deceptively flighty foe. Felix for his part makes do with his blatant disregard for speed limits and travel routes, but slowly and surely the team closes in at last.

There's a sharp scrape of metal against brick, flashes of sparks in the night, and a shriek of terror from an alleyway just up ahead. Felix is able to swerve the HBJ at the last moment to cover one end, while Cheyenne and Philip both have a chance to come in from above. Foxy of course needs only the barest idea of safety before she herself makes her own appearance.

GM: I could run out a whole chase sequence, but that'd take us much longer than it needs to be. Hopefully, the pictures in your mind are enough. How does each of you make your final approach?
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Foxy arrives, in fox form, on the edge of a roof above the alleyway. She looks down at the scene below.

Perception: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

As the Herkimer Battle Jitney slides into place the top hatch pops open and Felix is fired up out of the APC and into the sky. He hangs in the air for a second while his jacket seems to billow out around him, and his staff shifts into a hoverboard.