[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: -1 | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Potence - Wall Crawling 2, Leaping 2, Speed 4
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Domination

Phillip grunts as the bullet hits home.
Toughness: 1d20+11 19
"Tie yourself securely to the Battle Jitney over there." Phillip says to the controlled Swordsman. "Legs, torso, gag, arms." he says.

"Cheyenne, get inside if you need to." Phillip advises, knowing the woman's protective instincts. He scales to the window from which the shots came. He'll speed to the opposite side of the gunman using them as cover from the one across the way.

He couldn't redirect his strength to fighting right now and he never managed the trick of instilling fear (nor was that his inclination). Instead he filled his voice with power once again. "Shoot the Gunman across the way and anyone else a part of this ambush."
DC19 Reflex negates, or DC19 will
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The man jerks back as the vampire shows his face far too uncomfortably close, and with only one wrong look finds themselves entirely under Philip's sway. They stiffly salute the man, before adjusting his weapon's grip. "Yes sir!"

GM: Cheyenne's up!

Reflex:13
Will:10
Complete failure, entirely controlled!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

The shot came right at her and at the last second, she shifted her body to the right causing it to miss entirely

Cheyenne nods and marches into the store with a purpose. not even bothering to step over the bodies she just dropped, Her eyes say it all if her friends are hurt theres going to be mayhem aplenty

Head inside and see whats what

edit for toughness check _: 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27
safe
Last edited by catsi563 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Is that your whole turn? Also, DC 21 toughness from the gunshot.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

edited to cover the save
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Moving into the shop properly, Cheyenne could see that it's already been made into something of a mess from the short exchange between Felix and the backroom guards. She's just in time to spot another trio of swordsman walking in from the back, stepping over the fallen forms of their comrades. The man in the lead looks grimly at the woman, sizing her up and not finding his odds favorable. "<Satou, Urashi, geek the mage. I'll take her on myself.>"

Felix hears the word 'geek', and notes how two of the men break off to rush him from opposite ends. They're skilled, both strikes seem like they're about to land their marks.

Evidently the leader of this particular squad, Cheyenne notes as the thin-faced man rushes forward poised as if to run her through- only to slip on the overly round head of a broken figurine. While he manages to right himself before falling over completely, his attack is an obvious wide miss. He looks at his opponent, ears burning. "<...Please pretend you didn't see that.>"

Outside, Philip can hear multiple gunshots from somewhere up above as they ping against the Golem. These are followed shortly by multiple screams of terror as several people come crashing onto the conveniently discarded trashbags below. A couple of them instead however focus on the vampire instead, showing exceptional skill in their aim. One bullet seemed primed to tear through his jugular, but a quick twitch of his arms to block the strike landed it agaisnt his forearm instead.

GM: Christ, what's with my minions this round? All four of them hit, and then that one guy just pulls a near prat-fall.

Attacks: 22, 21
Attack: 9 A natural one!
Attacks: 20, 25 Look at that! He could've crit, but he's a minion.

Kira and Felix are back up. Cheyenne, I'll give you a quick strike against this guy as you only moved this turn.

Cheyenne: 25
Philip: 23 (-1) (DC 21)
Swordsman(3):22
Rooftop Shooters(2): 22
Felix: 19 (-1) [DC 21, DC 21]
Kira: 18

Controlled Swordsmen: [-2] 15
Controlled Shooter:
Window Shooters: 13
------------
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: -2, Dazed | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Potence - Wall Crawling 2, Leaping 2, Speed 4
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Domination

Phillip's eyes widen as the Bullet lodges in his shoulder nicking the collar bone and sending waves of pain through him.
Toughness: 1d20+10-1 14 fail by 7

What about the gunman phillip had shoot his companions?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: There were four in total, two in the windows and two on the rooftops. Your guy will go before the other window guy.
------------
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1 HP

Felix grimaced as the first sword caught him in the side and sent a burst of energy through him, but shook it off.

Just in time to reach up with his left arm and catch the second blade and inch from his mirrorshades. The energy rolled off the sword and down his arm, sending out sparks as the hand started to glow, but he held on as it was better than the alternative.

This guy nearly stabbed him in the face!

Felix laughed as hysteria gripped him for a moment, then shrugged it off and shoved his staff crystal first into the man's stomach.

"Looks like it's the geek's turn," He said with a vicious smile and unleashed a torrent of power at the man.

OOC: Toughness Save vs DC21 and DC21: 1d20+7 16 1d20+7 12
Failure by one degree, and failed by two degrees (almost three!)
Technomagic blast vs Second Swordsman, DC24 toughness save: 1d20+9 20
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress
<...Please pretend you didn't see that.>"
Cheyenne nodded in empathy then proceeded to uppercut the schmuck with the intent of putting him through the ceiling.

AO maneuver _: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18
should hit DC 25

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

In a move and give and take, Felix manages to knock back one of the offending criminals with a blast of electric light. Slamming into one of the store's shelves, dozens of pots of undeterminable value are taken out in the crossfire. In the wreckage of one of them, Felix thinks he spies the glint of coinage as well as a wallet, which must've slipped out of the man's pocket as he fell back.

With Cheyenne, her opponent manages to step back just enough to avoid the full force of her blow, but it was close enough to leave a light scratch on his chin. Intimidated yet not out of the fight yet, he readies himself to strike.

GM: Should be obvious enough, but these swordsman at least are defense shifted.
Toughness: 20 Enough to KO the minion!
Kira is up!
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira "Foxy" Donal
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 8, Fort: 8, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Luck: 2-1=1, Form: Fox, Condition: Normal

Foxy sends her whip tails against the two inside, using multiattack, and power attack.

Chey's opponent: 1D20+5-2 = [6]+5-2 = 9 (I messed up again. This is a 10)
Felix' opponent: 1D20+5-2 = [12]+5-2 = 15
(I messed up again. This is a 16)
She uses Luck to reroll the attack against the one on Chey.
_: 1D20+5-2 = [16]+5-2 = 19 (I messed up again. This is a 20)

The tough DC is 25.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The two other men still inside are taken aback by the sudden emergence of ethereal tails, the one by Felix just barely able to dodge out of the way. Beside Cheyenne the other at first falls for a feint from Foxy, only to be struck upside his head from behind. He's sent reeling right toward the huntress's waiting fist!

Outside, those under Philip's sway do precisely as he asks with the glasses-wearing man happily leaving the area to go string himself up, while his controlled gunman takes out the other with a quick shot.

GM: Nicely managed. Back around to Cheyenne and Philip.

Toughness: 17
Attack: 16
-Toughness: 10

Cheyenne: 25
Philip: 23 (-2, dazed)

Swordsman(2): 22 -1/Dazed)(Fine)
Rooftop Shooters(2): 22
Felix: 19 (-3)
Kira: 18
Controlled Shooter:
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Feeling like an absolute heel Phillip, who'd already been uncomfortably close to the gunman, commands "Don't resist this."

He leans forward and sinks fangs into the gunman's neck from behind chocking back the gags as the slippery warm blood pours into his mouth.
self-healing: 1d20+10 16 If allowed, that should heal the 2 wounds.
He resolved not to take enough to kill the man.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Philip notices as he closes in, that there was scarring on the opposite side of his victim's neck. It's evident enough to the vampire, this man had been fed on before.
------------