[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Flynnarrel »

Philip will move, unseen, to intercept the path of the trio. He'd have one action from surprise, he'd best make it count.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1 HP

Felix saw the flickers of movement and large guns pointed his way.
And things had been going so well.

"That includes the building, right?" Felix's face broke with a deranged smile, before bursting into manic laughter.

He was going to die. And the terror bubbled up and out of him in a fit laughter. Because a wizard wouldn't cry.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

As Felix walked into the shop she took a deep breath to calm her nerves and get herself into the mindset she needed to be in to protect her friend. Calm, Cool, and ready for mayhem.

Then she just faded away in the front seat her body just vanishing under the cloak as she exited the HBJ and made to move to where she could cover felix. As the men came armed for the party Felix had started she made her own move. She walked up behind the guy with the sword and as her cloak faded away She grabbed the arm holding the lightsaber in an iron grip grabbed the back of his head with her other hand and while she applied crushing pressure to the arm holding the sword to break it she slammed the mans face into the nearest hard object three or four times to be sure.

Chey will begin in predator hidden

Shell use the surprise round drop predatror for Ip and grab the guy with the laser sword and slam his face into the nearest wall with as little gentleness as possible

Shell use the AO attack maneuver +2/-2 _: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20
should be enough for a DC 25 impact of face against whatever solid object she can reach

and shes breaking the arm holding the sword

Also if these are mooks then shes going full goon sweep with takedown 2

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I don't even live here, dearie. Go nuts." She says from behind the counter.

Outside, Cheyenne slams into combat by taking the lead swordsman by surprise. His glasses crack on the first impact, but he manages to slip out of her grip before she can follow up with consecutive slams into the wall. He scurries back half a pace, bringing the electrified blade and staring the woman down. It seems that he's made of sterner stuff, and is at least acquainted with combat against brutes like herself. How well this'll las thim in a fight against Cheyenne is to be determined.

GM: First round is up... Lead swordsman is not classified as a minion! Both Cheyenne and Philip are up to bad. Gonna finish him off? :D

Cheyenne: 25
Philip: 23

Gauss-men (2)[fine][fine]: 22
Felix: 19
Kira: 18
Swordsmen (3)[-1/dazed][Fine][Fine]: 15
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

Chey was used to fighting tough things Ogres, Orc, the occasional Minotaur or Giant. So when her new playmate showed a surprising resilience to her attack she smirked adjusted on the fly and kicked him clean between the legs as hard as she could.

Cbey will proceed to demolish sword guy via an All Out maneuver and power attack for -2/+2 _: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25 Thats a Crit DC is 32

again if this guy drops she will go takedown 2 same numbers and sweep any minions in range which with her base speed is a good chunk of the block
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

His eyes widen like saucers as Cheyenne rings his bells in the worst manner possible, the grip on his weapon starting to slack before he reaffirms his grip. When her leg retracts, his own are left wobbling. There's a strangled attempt to make some form of passing insult toward her general appearance and demeanor, but all that comes out is a hissed squeak.

Nearby the other man instinctively guards his own crotch, while the swordswoman looks on in abject horror.

GM: Swordsguy manages to tank that with a 24, but man is he not lookin' so hot. Philip is up.

Felix: 19
Swordsmen (3)[-2/dazed][Fine][Fine]: 15
------------
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Domination

Phillip makes eye contact with the lightsaber swordsman. "That looks dangerous. Give it to me, carefully, in my hands." the vampire says infusing his will into the words.
DC19 Reflex Save to see if he can close his eyes quick enough. If not, DC19 Will save or (Entranced, Compelled, Controlled)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As Philip catches the struggling man's gaze, the vampire notices instantly how his posture seems to slacken. It's obvious, he tried his best, but he's just not meant to be here fighting some brute like Cheyenne. It's only apropriate that he hands over his sword. Almost numbly they speak, "Hai, mochiron.

The two behind him share a look, a bead of sweat down their temples.

From store itself Felix spots the telltale glint of gun barrels a scant few pico-seconds too late. He recognizes them for the high-powered mass drivers that they are, somewhat reassured by the knowledge that these things are notoriously hard to aim. Then two metallic slugs slam right into the man's shields.
Dice
Reflex: 10
Will: 8
Gauss Attacks: 23, 22
GM: Ouch, utter failure on both counts. Three degrees off the bat! Felix and Kira are up. Sorry for taking a bit to respond.

Felix: 19 (Two toughness checks, DC 21)

Swordsmen (3)[-2/Dazed, Controlled][Fine][Fine]: 15
------------
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1 HP

"I keep telling you, it's not me you nee-" Felix starts to say before the gunner's open fire.

The first metal slug slams into his forcefield and careens off into a shelving unit full of knickknacks.
The second slug punched through the weakened forcefield and smacked into his coat. A month ago it would have shattered his ribs, possibly worse. As it was it hit the hardened plates in his jacket and spread the impact around. It pushed him back a step, and it felt like he'd had the wind knocked out of him, but he'd had worse.

"Gauss guns? Love the style, but it's not practical," He said lifting his staff and leveling it at the man who's shot actually hit him, "I prefer energy weapons myself."

With that he launched a beam of blue white energy from the crystal on his staff.
OOC: Toughness save vs DC 21 x2: 1d20+8 27 1d20+8 12
Success, and failed by 9.
Injured and Dazed.

Technomagic blast vs Guass Gunner 2: 1d20+9 22
DC24 toughness save.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There's no love lost as the ancient collection of dubiously aged anime girl figurines are converted into tasteful shards of plastic by the ricochet. While the other gunner initially smirks at landing his short, in the middle of flaunting his victory to his friend he's sent careening backwards in a shower of sparks. The low groan of pain as the man lies collapsed in a smoldering heap let's Felix know the stun function is fully operational.

GM with a save of 11, this gunner is completely out of the fight. Foxy's turn to shine!
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira "Foxy" Donal
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 8, Fort: 8, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Luck: 2, Form: Fox, Condition: Normal

Kira, without announcing herself, slams the remaining rifleman from behind, with surprise (I assume).

Damaging MO slam Tough DC 26 if it hits: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13
If that misses, she uses a luck point to try again.
if necessary, luck point, Damaging MO slam Tough DC 26 if it hits: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14 24 should hit.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Popping out from behind him, Foxy is able to effortlessly grab the man in her ethereal tails, throwing him against the ground with a powerful slam. He struggles to free himself from the unseen grip, but the pain quickly becomes too much as he goes limp in her grip. For the moment, both she and Felix find themselves free of enemies.

Outside, the lead swordsman flicks the button on his weapon, sheathing the energy weapon before holding it out to Philip. His companions are at first baffled, but they quickly come to the conclusion that the man was at fault. Combined with an effort to avoid directly drawing the Amazonian's ire, they move to attack him from opposing sides. Both of them are incredibly agile with their blades, attempting to strike him from multiple angles in the span of a second.

GM: I'm a little confused by your numbers, but I'll presume they're accurate enough for this attack for now.
Everyone is up.

23, 13

Philip: 23 (DC 22+2[Multi Attack])
Felix: 19 (-1)

Swordsmen (3)[-2, Controlled][Fine][Fine]
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip

Phillip twists from one blade into the path of the other but even despite the sword wielder's expert twists it failed to find purchase on his undeath-hardened flesh. His hand closes around the lightsaber placed there by the controlled lead-swordsman. <he'd been commanded to put it in Phillip's hand>

Cheyenne can recognize the man's whammied state and knows he's not a threat to anyone but his former companions in this fight.
Toughness: 1d20+11 30
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

Chey had indeed seen Phillip put the whammy on people before so she ignored the guy and moved like a tigress pouncing on one of the others and laying into them with a series of hard shots and an even harder finisher. Shed heard the shots from within and wanted to end this quick

Chey will use AO attack maneuver and +2/-2 and attack the woman _: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24 should hit for a DC25

as always if one drops she will takedown as available

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With two quick jabs, the other two are laid out flat on their backs. It's quiet for a moment, the man Philip controlled looking around in a slight daze. for some reason, the man keeps looking up and around himself. Everywhere one looks windows are shuttered with the lights off, yet it doesn't feel like nobody's home.

Before anyone could do something to investigate further, Foxy notices a flash of light right behind her. She'd turn around to catch sight of what seemed to be an eastern decorated foyer before a portal winks out, leaving three men in it's place. Each of them flick out their hands, wielding electric blades. The shortest man looks down at Kira's with a furrowed brow, "Kitsune?"

The other two look puzzled by her presence, before making a move to enter the shop's main floor.

At the same time outside, several bullets begin firing down at Cheyenne and Philip's position, at least two of them hitting their marks on each. Both on the ground are able to track the shots now that they've revealed themselves, coming from windows 20 ft. up and on opposite ends of the alley. Then, falling down from the rooftops to crash into a dumpster is a third shooter. Both here the metallic voice of the Golem some thirty feet up, "Hark! Ther are more scoundrels on the rooftops!"

Meanwhile, the controlled swordsman smiles and waves at the groaning gunsman. "Ah, there you are. Hello!"

GM: Second wave!

Attacks(Surprise Attack):22, 19 A hit against both Cheyenne and Philip!

Cheyenne: 25 (DC 21)
Philip: 23 (DC 21)

Swordsman(3):22
Rooftop Shooters(2): 22
Felix: 19 (-1)
Controlled Swordsmen: [-2] 15
Window Shooters(2): 13
------------