[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by jmucchiello »

"So what are we doing?" The fox asks. "And before we do anything. What are we doing with both of these two?"
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

"Well I say we boot the vampire out to the curb, and if he's really quiet and really good maybe the big mean lady won't come looking for him," Felix says looking at the vampire then at Cheyenne, "As for our armored friend, they're with us until we find who they're looking for."

They still needed the sword, at some point, something that was unlikely to be handed over until their friend was helped. And cutting them loose would result in them running around trying to accomplish this goal by themselves. Better to keep them involved and in situations less likely to get people hurt.

He shook his head as memories of a taxidermy shop exploding ran though his mind.
A little less likely, he admitted to himself.

"As for next? We find Fabio. Sounds like the best place to start the search would be the club."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The vampire nods furiously, "Y-yeah, I promise! Veganism from now on, definitely. Do you, uh," He looks to Philip, "Do you know a good supplier...?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip purses his lips but scribbles a couple of names and contact numbers on two different scraps of paper and offers them forward one in each hand. "The first is a butcher I know. He can set you up, reasonable prices. Good mix of cow, pig, and goat. Simple, financial transaction." he says shaking one hand.

"The second is to for pastor of a local church. He can set you up with human blood but you'll be working for him. Construction and night security at churches or shelters, mostly, to start. More if you prove yourself. He's not overly preachy, just thinks some 'specials' got a bad rap. Tries to help." Phillip fixes him with a serious stare. "Only take the second if you actually want to make a life change."
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: Huntress

She doesnt say anything but she ups the intensity of her glare for a brief moment and directs it at the vampire with a clear message to straighten up and fly right or she will come for him. Then turns to the matter at hand.

"We have to be careful. Someone like this most likely has some high rollers on call. Don't care myself really but they can cause all sorts of trouble for you guys." She says in an even cool tone "So make sure you're ready when we do this,"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Maybe it's time to make them worry about being careful about us," Felix says with a smile that doesn't reach his eyes.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

At some point during the drive, the vampire is dumped rather unceremoniously onto a street corner, flat out on his ass. A parting glare from Cheyenne is sure to have him second-guessing his unlife choices for a good while. Once the door closed, the HBJ's fans went to full blast just as a hidden vent kicked on near the back. The fresh air coming in smelt vaguely of lavender, enough to mask the stench of soil without being overwhelming. Felix is pretty sure he didn't implement that feature.

Discussing their course of actions, the party has a fair amount of time to consider their approach before finally pulling up to the nightclub. Bright neon tubing is plainly visible, the entire face of the building dedicated to the shape of an art deco depiction of a cruise liner. At the very bottom where the ship meets the 'water', a double door is constantly in motion. It's a busy night, and there's a line half a block long. Getting in without cutting in line could take upwards of an hour with the crowd. An oversized orc stands just off to the door's side with his arms crossed, a pair of circular shades hiding his watchful gaze.

Cheyenne would know the man, a no-nonsense individual by the name of Mack. He's unlikely to just let her walk past without a good reason, and those reasons would be hard to come by.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Foxy, still in fox form says, "I could probably get myself in. But I don't know if that helps." When they look at her questioningly, the fox transforms back to humanoid form. But she doesn't look like the Kira they've met before. She looks like a famous, trendy actress, (let's say the equivalent of Anya Taylor-Joy). "Think they'll let someone like me cut the line?" She looks and sounds exactly like the actress. "Now, perhaps one of you could accompany me as a bodyguard."

Deception: 1D20+30 = [18]+30 = 48
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dicing into her ancestral roots as a cunning shapeshifter, Foxy assumes the form of the up-and-coming Felicia Faraday. Everything about the guise from her expertly styled golden curls to the delicate curves of her cheeks and the sharp points of her elven ears utterly sells the look alone. Complete with the thick southern drawl she's spontaneously adopted, Foxy could be a dead ringer for the film star. Foxy is familiar enough to know that she wouldn't be caught dead being driven around in something like the HBJ, but that could be fixed with a quick lap around the block and then having the vehicle disguise itself in turn.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillips looks us for windows or ventilation vents. A hot night club like that would need air circulation to be comfortable.

He also wasn't expecting much but he cast out his senses for what rodents might be nearby (within a mile). He'll not try to assert control yet but he's curious roughly how many might be around if needed.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Perception check.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix rolls his eyes, turning to Cheyenne "Yeah, that's either your or Phillip."

"I don't think anybody's going to mistake me for the muscle."

He frowns as he considers the club, "I don't think I'm going to blend all that well. I might be able to pick the back door if I had to."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:37 pm GM: Perception check.
Perceptrion: 1d20+12 27
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: Huntress

"They will no sweat." she chuckles easilly.
Felix rolls his eyes, turning to Cheyenne "Yeah, that's either your or Phillip."

"I don't think anybody's going to mistake me for the muscle."

He frowns as he considers the club, "I don't think I'm going to blend all that well. I might be able to pick the back door if I had to."
She grins and pats him on the back "Sure they will, especially if you're her camera man whose filming her live stream."

"We go in fast like we belong. theyll flip to have a "celebrity "in house especially one whose filming which means theyll bend over backwards. Long as we dont get too arrogant or bad mannered we should have the run of the place."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira has a phone in hand and is reading recent and not-so-recent tabloid articles about Felicia Faraday.