[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With your character being close to the age I imagine for the 'client', I figured it might be good to connect her more to the story. She would immediately recognize him as a kappa.

Edit: By the way, I iamgine him looking like this.

A character from Erma.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

When I talk about Phillip's Fleshcrafting I imagine it as a power stunt of his Vicissitude more the way the traditional Tzimisce in World of Darkness use it:
Affliction, Duration Continuous/Permanent(+2/rank total), (Resisted by Fort, Transformed condition), Limited Scope 2 (Transformed Only, 3rd level)(-2/rank) PR16.(Note: attack +0 and a fort save they'd have to fail by 10+, so Best used on someone willing, though a restrained normal person or small animal could still result in a Frankensteinian abomination if only to up the creep factor.)
He could, for example, add/sculpt perfectly-toned muscle on someone at the cost of their flexibility. DEX and AGI -1 for STR +1 and two ranks of Attractive. (How many rich people would pay for that {even, maybe, going to far as to kidnap Phillip for it}?) [Potential plot hook]
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Bold move to kidnap a flesh sculptor and then have them do something to you at gunpoint. If the sculptor feels they're going to die anyway, the "patron" can expect a living hell of a sculpt I would think.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Depends on what collateral they have over the sculptor, but you make a really good point!

Not that Dr.Mal needs anymore story ideas but if they want to explore this I can add a former fiance` to Phillip's backstory. Someone who thinks him dead but he still pines for.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Interesting indeed, I'll keep it it all in mind.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Cheyenne's Tracking is off of her Detect Magic, isn't it; would that help in this case?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

No, not this time.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Given those antlers on her head shes a supernatural being which is what she tracks along with magic phenomena shes a supernatural bloodhound and her senses are now more accurate
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmm... It seems the genera' thought he is that being supernatural = magic, right?

Most supernatural's however are more biological in nature then magical. Elves, dwarves, goblins, etc. Some individuals might have peculiarities, but they're the exception rather then the rule. Not to say that a fair number of creatures wouldn't have plenty of magic themselves- I think Cheyenne could pick on Kira very well for instance, especially once she started using her illusions at least. Felix probably radiates it as a sorcerer too.

I think I'd allowed it before during the search for Claire, and I apologize if it seems I'm retconning how it can be applied. Her newly improved abilities may prove useful still, but perhaps just not in the most obvious of ways... He says, cryptically, in a manner that definitely can't be used to deduce any future plot points.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

There is no way this roll is going to work (otherwise the entire adventure is likely over before it starts), so what do the dice gods give me? Natural 20s.
Never fails! :lol:
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Mr. Detective, what is your secret?"
"I have the power to Detect Murderers.... No.... no.... There. He's the murderer."
"It's a fair cop."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

:lol: Oh boy.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Right, so; Yes, Arkite already pointed out that if it wouldn't work it couldn't work. I don't want your roll to be an absolute waste however, so apply a major circumstance bonus to your next technology roll made for the case. Make it count, yeah? ;)

For Cheyenne; even if she's capable of leaving a magical trail, you won't be finding anything out here. It'd be like trying to trail a deer starting from a shopping mall. There's simply no trail there to follow. Tracking isn't a homing signal, you actually need to track.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

The roll was more of a get started make sure she has something to actually trace at the minimum

the real track begins when Felix gets done :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You guys and your cheating dice, I swear... Well, I can't in good conscience force you to stick around after their trap utterly failed. If you press them now, you'll have the advantage as several of them are Shaken. You've a brief window to deliberate in-character.
------------