mrdent12

Re: [IC] - In the Shadow of Imperator: Extended Interludes

Post by mrdent12 »

Monday, April 22, 2019 - Damage Control

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 3
CND: Obsessed
Form: Solid

"Without a doubt, moving to the Undercity will be very high risk and remove many intelligence assets off the board. At one point, the First Generation may have been allies. My intelligence on the inner workings of their organization is still not as I would like, but they seem to be in league with Sokolov which makes them unable to be trusted in general. We will certainly need to act on the chipping. This may be an opportune time make some new allies of our own as well.", remarks Diego in his usual people are disposable manner.. If he had his black heart, this would all be so much easier. He wasn't quite whole. Not yet.

On the topic of Iona, Diego kept his cool. "Iona is kept apprised of matters pertaining to base security, within reason. Chipping and threats to its personnel not from Sokolov are included in that. It will be useful and motivated now to be more helpful in ensuring not just I get my black heart back, but also to stop the chipping. It's movements around the city are already made more difficult by my campaign and it's foolishness at being so blatant with it's powers. Chips will only make it near impossible.", continues Diego wit the formation of a plan going. Two birds with one stone perhaps.

"These chips will not help the Jaguars either who may have a plan for evading chipping either through whatever deal they have worked with Stronghold or other means. Iona has a possible connection with one of them who like all males seemed enraptured by it's Sokolov given beauty. In the chips, we may have a mutual problem despite us taking over their drug lab. I will also need to speak with the other Ascendants about any information they have about the chips and central locations or places we can eliminate to prevent the chipping from even starting. Is there any further intelligence in our base on the chips?", says Diego finally asking the big question.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

An intercom on Tilly's desk buzzed. She ignored it in favor of answering Diego's query about what was known about the ID chips.

"I don't know anything that isn't public knowledge. Stronghold is trying to make the experience somewhat palatable and is setting up stations throughout the city for people to come to them. But there is no reason they can't stop people at check points and inject a subdermal implant into a person. That's probably the next phase ... then door to door forced implantation. ]/b["

The intercom buzzed again. At this point Tilly leaned over the desk and pressed the transmit button on the intercom.

"I'm in a meeting."

There was a man's voice on the other end. He spoke briskly and without excess.

"Ma'am, the team sent into Ward 13 has met with a complication."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diegos created eyes did the standard piquing of interest. He wasn't aware of any teams sent to Ward 13, so instead he just listened.Ward 13 and the people not saved was a ding to the cause not ot mention letting the virus take root int he city potentially. If any city could handle it though it would be a locked down city on edge already.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The Corporal took her finger off of the intercom. Her lips pursed together. She was quiet for a few seconds before fixing her eyes back on Diego. When she saw the piqued curiosity in his expression she let out a sigh before offering up some explanation.

"You have been busy ... so I sent a team into Ward 13. I should go talk them through whatever trouble they have gotten themselves into."
OOC wrote:That's the storyteller's que that unless there is something important you want to address, then your scene is over with Tilly and you should get to talking with Iona about your plans.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego nodded and on the way back to the ops room to hover up any intelligence that limited as it may be would increase his SA. He was tied in with his people who weren't there, but had't kept up as he liked on the base Intel. He left word with someone to summon Iona to a briefing room in an hour. There was much to discuss.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP: 2
VP: 0
Cnd: Normal
PP:0
EP:3
Dominion Point: 0

Iona sits quietly next to Valkyrie's stretcher. The eyes of the beautiful cyborg shifting from monitors to patient and back again. The next 48 hours would witness a "miraculous" healing within Major Karlsten's body. But the procedure - although tested several times - is still relatively new. Individuals might respond to the Rejuvenation Fluid in different ways.

As the Major comes out of her anesthesia, Iona is there to make sure that she is comfortable: Warm blankets, water to drink, and additional pain killers are provided upon request. In the midst of this care, a knock comes at the door of Iona's private operating room. Walking over to the door, the cyborg stops just shy of opening it. "Yes!...What is it!?!" Her typically soft voice is raised as to be heard clearly through the locked door. On the other side a nervous male voice, one that Iona vaguely identifies as a base staff member speaks, "Ummm...Miss Iona?...The Ascendant wishes to speak with you in Briefing Room 2...just...ummm...when you are ready...er...no...sorry...my bad...in one hour...yes...he said one hour." He barely waits for Iona's reply before backing away as fast as he can.

Iona returns to Karlsten's side, tucking in a heated blanket around her body. "I must attend a meeting with Ascendant Gonzalez. I'm going to sync the medical-monitors with my laptop. I'll be alerted if anything abnormal occurs. Also, you can hit this call-button here if an emergency arises and I'll return immediately. The meeting shouldn't take too long. On my way back I'll bring you some food. Is there anything you're craving? I can't make any promises, but I'll try to fulfill your request."

Wrapping up a few details regarding Valkyrie's care, Iona then leaves - locking the door behind her - and heads to her meeting with the Dark Ascendant.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

When Iona arrives, Diego is waiting in his native form processing the intel reports, such as they were. Upon Iona entry, Diego doesn't bother with politeness. His tone devoid of anything beyond the monotone that is his naive voice. "The time is nearly upon us to force us to act against the chipping scheme by Stronghold. We have maybe a week or a few days after before our forces will become stuck in the base excepting at great risk to themselves. Your movements, already heavily restricted due to your notoriety will be nearly impossible. While this facility does not have much intel on how the chips will be tracked, I may be able to visit the other Ascendants for information they may have.", begins Diego.

"There is also another complication in the mix. My black heart that the Jaguar headed man took is starting to create issues in the wider world. I have reports what happened in Ward 3 happened in Las Vegas not long after we left causing the city to fall to the virus. More incidents like that will happen the longer it is separated from me. You witnessed a similar phenomena when Praetor elevated his Ascendants. At the facility, the Jaguar headed man known as Romper seemed to be interested in you as any male would even to the point of giving you his number. Despite the risks, now is the time to talk to him. With the heart, we will have a better chance of preventing the chipping scheme from happening. It will also stop any future incidents like Las Vegas and Ward 3.", says Diego. He left out Sokolov likely telling Iona to destroy the heart or bring it to him. At this point, it was a risk he would need to take.
Supernaturalist

Iona

Iona says nothing the whole time that Diego speaks. There is an avalanche of information; and the beautiful cyborg’s keen mind is already at work sorting through the connections and possible responses to each point that the Ascendant makes. When he finishes Iona is still quiet, ruminating over which points should be addressed first.

After an awkwardly long silence, her soft voice finally speaks up. “I am in your debt, Ascendant, and I am willing to help you procure your Black Heart…within reason. But curiosity does compel me to ask: How is the Black Heart responsible for the Macro-virus outbreaks that have been occurring?
OOC: Iona will pause to allow Diego to provide some sort of answer if he chooses to do so.
The “chipping” policy enacted by Stronghold concerns Iona. To know that they are so close to initiating the project certainly elevates the whole situation to crisis-level. And even if Iona believes that the connection between the Black Heart and the infection outbreaks is tenuous, she is forced to acknowledge that a more powerful Ascendent Gonzalez -united with the artifact he desires – would certainly aid in a future confrontation with Stronghold forces.

Yes, I can contact Romper whenever I desire. He could do the same to me. He is a powerful man; and though I believe he has feelings for me, he is no fool. I doubt that he ever truly lets his guard down. What plan do you have for gaining the Black Heart? I am willing to participate in any intrigue short of planning his murder. But before you concoct a scheme, please know that I do have a relationship with him, although only in its early stage. He could be an ally of ours against Stronghold, even if only an occasional and unreliable one. Will your plan destroy my relationship with him and any hope of future cooperation between our two groups?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"The Black heart has no connection to the virus as I can tell scientifically. One of it's deliriums however weakened the cities defenses though causing it to call to the virus despite all the protections we witnessed. There will be more until it is reunited with me.", states Diego. He made a point to be crystal clear with his wording plus to play on Iona's sense of saving the world.

Sokolov had been thorough with his work, Diego realized. A machine that can develop feelings for something else. That was a bit dangerous, so Diego had to mind his words let tripping some routine. "We have enough enemies as is. As for cooperation, based on the Jaguars running their own Ward they likely have some deal either blackmail or other agreement with Stronghold. Any cooperation with them is tenuous at best. Your relationship is your business and much like the possibility of killing Romper causing any relationship you have to end serves no value. All I want is the heart. Killing Romper or ruining relationships is not a requirement for me to get the Heart.", continues Diego. he almost referred to Iona as a robot, but triggering Iona at this point wasn't something he was keen to do yet.

"If we can come to terms, all the better. The Jaguars seem like they like deals. So, I am sure we can all come to one given the impending chipping. I hope your communication device is not on in this facility.", adds Diego.
Supernaturalist

Iona

"...I hope your communication device is not on in this facility."
"I do not have any special device to contact him, only a number." Iona is relieved to hear that Diego is not plotting an attack on Romper. Of course she knows that could all change if the Jaguar-Man is unwilling to negotiate any peaceful return of the Black Heart.

"So you wish me to speak with Romper first? And then we will plan on dealing with the "chipping" problem afterwards? He will probably wish me to visit him for a few days, and if we are going to get a concession from him, then all care must be made to please him."
OOC: If Diego gives the green light, then Iona will try and find a safe place from which to use a burner phone/app to call contact him.
"One last thing: Will you give me full latitude to negotiate concessions as it may be difficult to contact you? I shall try to keep them within reason, but during the haggling that is sure to ensue, I may have to 'give until it hurts' - as they say."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"What you do with Romper is your business and what time you spend from this facility is also your business. So long as operations are not compromised.", remarks Diego. Iona seemed to think he cared about her beyond being shackled to her and being useful.

"As for the meeting, we shall both meet with him. When you call, I shall be with you so we can depart as quickly as possible. Depending on how it goes, we will either attempt to disable to chipping first or get the heart. He has us at a disadvantage unless I wage war on his organization, which is not desirable for anyone. We have enough enemies.", adds Diego. Him and Romper didn't get off to a great start, so this idea was risky. Still it would get him the heart maybe or closer to it.
Supernaturalist

Iona

Iona becomes silent when Diego insists on going with her immediately. "I...do not know if he will be receptive to that proposition, Ascendant. We have spent some time together, but I think he'll feel as if he is being manipulated if we press your request too soon. If I could see him and spend time with him for reasons other than business or favors, then I do believe that would help."

But then Iona stops, realizing that she is quite indebted to Diego, and that she must consider his opinion on the matter. "But...if you insist, then I could request a meeting between the three of us. I cannot speculate how he might respond. In all honesty, I have no idea just how much he values the Black Heart. I know that you wish to deal with this chipping issue in short order. Which do you wish to prioritize? If you demand it, then I shall contact him immediately."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"The two of you meeting for whatever transpires is your business. In no way will I bound myself to anything you promise to Romper, however, without prior knowledge at the very least.", states Diego. Iona had a point about waiting. It was basic spycraft he was starting to get blind to. Still, Iona had a tendency to go too far so he wanted to ensure that didn't happen here. "We will press ahead with handling the chipping situation, but I will not wait forever on meeting Romper in regards to the heart.", adds Diego.

"Despite your attractiveness to males and some females, Romper will likely not be blinded to you have other motives. I am sure he has other motives as well.", continues Diego. "You will need to walk a fine line if you wish your request, when it is made, to not damage any intent you have to form a relationship with the creature."
Supernaturalist

Iona

At least she now has time. Though Iona has spent some time with Romper, his personality and demeanor were still unknowns to some degree. Diego didn’t want to give Iona too much flexibility in negotiating with Romper. While this is not unexpected, it means that Iona will probably have to negotiate a meeting between the two at some point. That demand could make the whole diplomatic process move slower.

But Iona is done speaking of the plan to get the Black Heart for now. As far as she is concerned, the clear and present threat of Stronghold’s identification-effort takes center stage. After a brief pause, she speaks in her characteristic soft voice. “I have not had much time to think on this “chipping” threat. I have no doubt you are far better informed than I on the progress of our enemies. Before I ask any questions, I suppose I should hear your strategy for dealing with the problem.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"Our approach is as always. We will gather information on any details of the plan beyond public knowledge and plot our course of action from there. I suspect it will involve sabotage to some degree. Until we gather more information though, we do not even know where to strike. I have contacts I will reach out to on any possible leads.", simply replies Diego.