[IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Deadline

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Abduction

Post by Sakuro »

The pair break from their own conversation when Diego and John interpose themselves in the couple's path. Initially they look perturbed, but that changes after the question being 'debated' is posed to them. They anwser almost at the same time.

"The Air Force."

... responds the man. Just as his female companions says ...

"The Army."

The pair look from John and Diego to each other and begin arguing. Starting with the man.

"Really? You have to take into account the trauma and the equipment lost. Imagine it. No one to support you way up there. Think about the logistic of losing one of those billion-dollar jets."

The woman soon retorts with ...

"Have you seen a war movie? Ground battles are brutal. So many people died on the ground. If you want to talk about finances ... tanks and artillery aint cheap."

OOC wrote:The 15 Persuasion is enough to get them to talk to you rather than brush you off.

A 10 is enough for John to give Diego +2 to his Deception check, making it 22. The NPCs cannot beat that.

They're distracted. What is Aiden doing?
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr
HP: 3, Condition: Fine

Aiden is relaxed in the driver's seat of the car. No Shrike - but nothing else even came close, but Aiden finally stopped feeling naked since he left Shrike. Between the macro-virus attack and the whole scene with the military, he may never leave Shrike again when this job is done.

And sure, this car isn't armed, but Aiden knew how to use it. He felt safe, well as safe as he could be away from Shrike.

He finishes starting the car and puts it into gear. He slowly pulls away from Diego and leaves the parking lot. His plan is to drive a bit down the block and enter the alley from the opposite side.
Don't know if another check is needed, but here one is.
Technology check: 1d20+17 30
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego and John supply fuel for argument that keeps the couple occupied long enough for Aiden to finish hotwiring the Altima and drive off with it. It doesn't take much to extract themselves from the encounter either. The man is getting tired of holding bag of groceries. Soon you meet up at the designated pickup point where Aiden is waiting with your newly acquired transportation.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: Haunted
Form: Solid

"Exactly, I am glad someone else can see the sense in it. I am not saying not everyone made sacrifices. When you're in the air you have ejection seats and parachutes and everything. One mortar shell or artillery round and your whole unit could be wiped out. I don't see what the two of you don't get about it.", says Diego looking at the two men. "Even if you do survive the blast, the recovery time is horrible. I've had some friends who came back from the war just staring out into space.", continues Diego until he hears the car start. Aiden did his job.

"We've bugged the two of you enough. I was just hoping to talk some sense into this guy by proving to him others say he was wrong too. This guy, won't even listen to me sometimes.", says Diego in the nagging girlfriend sort of manner. "He owes me a good bottle of wine. Maybe somewhere fancy and a show too.", adds Diego pulling John away softly.

Once clear of the people and into the alley, Diego gets into the car. With the doors closed, he looks at Aiden. "Take us to the theatre and park somewhere I can change into a form more reflective of your age. If either of our missions will succeed at this point, I need to meet Anna as someone who could pass as first generation. Also, if there is anything such as an identifying phrase given to you I need to know. One wrong word and both our missions are over.", says Diego to Aiden.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden sighs as Diego gets in. But he is right; the only way the mission gets completed now is if Diego does it.

Plus, he really doesn't want to get out of this car if he can help it. At least not until Shrike is in view again.

"You ask her about tulips. She'll say they don't grow here. Then you respond that you know someone who can make them grow in a blizzard."

Back when he had delusions that he could actually do this, he had worked out a plan to meet Anna even if the others were watching. Back before giant monster viruses and the military became obstacles.

Anna's cover was blown. All of their cover was blown. He isn't certain how any of this is going to go down now. He just wants it to hurry up and get back in Shrike and back in the air.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

John Steiner
HP:4
Cnd: Impaired (-2 circumstance penalty to all skill rolls)
PP:0

John does his best to play along with the The Dark Ascendant's ruse. When it's over, and he's being drug away towards the rendezvous with the car, John breathes a sigh of relief. Even if he isn't well versed in the ways of espionage and deception, he just might be if he can survive a few missions with this group.

Once they meet Aiden in the alley, John gets into the back seat of the car and listens for instructions on the next phase of the plan. Even though his team is closer than they have ever been to actually acquiring Anna, he dreads the possible encounter with her. He finds himself wishing that The Dark Ascendant and the rest of his team could capture her and hold her without him even being around. But that's not an option.

With his hood pulled up over his head, he sits quietly in the back seat. Between the paranoia he feels from being unarmed, the anxiety he has about seeing Anna under these circumstances, and his deteriorating relationship with the Dark Ascendant, the veteran soldier has managed to work up a pretty good case of "butterflies in the stomach".
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

As they drive, Diego keeps an eye for a good place to shift forms out of the public eye. he figured there was bound to be some place to stop even for a moment. He couldn't very well be approaching Anna as a prostitute. She was expecting someone who worked for Sokolov which meant first generation. Preferably an older teen boy roughly matching Aiden's appearance except maybe skin tone, eye colour, and hair colour.

When Aiden mentioned the pass phrase, it was good. Now, Diego had to see if there was anything else, however minor, Aiden was holding back. The teen seemed competent enough so far, but he wasn't shewing much acumen in the world of covert message passing."Now you understand the importance and the turf wars are dispensed, is there anything else you feel would be useful to divulge about the meeting with the target? Any planned location you were going to wait? Something you were going to do to flag her down? Anything that Sokolov may have told you he told her about you? Anything would be useful. Otherwise, I need to resort to understanding where she will likely be and wave her to me.", says Diego. He hoped the new attitude of the teen would make him more trusting. Trust Diego could exploit.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden goes over in his head his briefing about her and sighs. This is not going down the way he wanted.

"I don't know what she was told about me. And she isn't just a dancer. So, if she suspects it isn't me, things will go south fast."

He sighs again.

"I should be the one to meet with her."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"I know she's not just a dancer.", flatly states Diego. "Sokolov is egotistical, but he is not stupid. He would not enlist stupid couriers. So long as the target gets captured, I will be satisfied. It would be preferable if she went willingly, but sometimes targets put up a fight.", adds Diego. Aiden was cooperative so far. Perhaps he could be useful still despite this setback,

"You will meet her. She may pick up you were not alone here, do not lie if asked. We have been noisy here. If the target has any skill, they will have picked up on the havoc. Arrange our transfer and we will grab the target as you two depart.", finishes Diego. He left out some important bits intentionally such as Aiden would be under constant surveillance, Diego would be in the area disguised, and other details he preferred Aiden not let slip. Based on Anna's dossier, she was used to this sort of thing.
Supernaturalist

John Steiner

"So long as the target gets captured, I will be satisfied. It would be preferable if she went willingly, but sometimes targets put up a fight."

"If she does try to resist, I know she doesn't stand a chance against you, sir." John's comments are clearly directed at the Dark Ascendant. "But once she is captured, I respectfully request that the primary responsibility for watching her fall upon me. She is an acquaintance, and that might make her feel slightly more comfortable...at least that is what I hope. Of course, there may be an initial moment of anger and disappointment, but that is to be expected."

There is a brief pause as a thought suddenly occurs to John. "Do you really think that she'll meet us alone? She may risk bringing some others to the meeting if she feels threatened."

This is when John feels the most insecure about being unarmed. Nothing like walking into a potential ambush with my !@#$ swinging in the breeze.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden nods. Diego doesn't say where he will be. Probably best; Aiden would probably give it away somehow.

"Do you want me to say anything about your mission? What about if she already knows?"

Best not to leave it up to himself to decide. It's Diego's show; he should call the shots.

He will definitely tell her that she has been compromised. Of course, if she is really good, she may suspect it.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"I don't care about her comfort, only keeping her. Also, she needs to come tonight right after this handoff meeting. So long as we hold her for the duration, we will let her go. If she needs to be harmed in the process of keeping her with us, so be it.", bluntly states Diego. He wasn't one to mince his words with John. He also didn't withhold permission for John to be the primary person either. The initial plans had ben blown up, so now it was playing it by ear and Diego wasn't going to let that shew.

Turning next to Aiden, Diego is less harsh, but still blunt. "Don't lie. The target will pickup on it. Don't withhold anything out of being nervous. The target will likely be on alert. We haven't been subtle about our presence here. if the topic of holding her hostage for the greater good of Hadron City arises, by all means bring it up discretely.", states Diego. "Whatever you do, do not mention my gifts. Too many already know.", adds Diego with a harsher note in his words. He left out the rest the warning.

Looking at the others, he gives a nod. "Before we get there, find a secluded place for John to drive. Depending on the parking, he will either have line of sight or get out keeping his head down for support. Both of your faces are known, so you will need to be cautious.", says Diego.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden nods as Diego gives him instructions. He has no idea how this is going to go down. This spy game was just so annoying. Contingencies and counter-contingencies. It will make you head spin going through all the iterations. It was like being in a dogfight with twenty other pilots of random ability.

The difference here is that in the air, Aiden had Shrike.

Aiden does as instructed and finds a secluded place to change positions with John.
Supernaturalist

John Steiner

Before getting out of the car, John adjusts his hoodie to make sure his head and face are covered. As it's dark outside, he skips the sunglasses for now and simply walks with a downward gaze to avoid anyone (or thing) getting a clear look at his face.

After switching places with Aiden, John drives, following the navigating instructions of Aiden and the Ascendant. As he and his team get close to the meeting point John slows down slightly. "Ok, which position do you have in mind? A back alley? A parking lot?"
OOC: John will wait for further instructions before committing to a final approach and destination.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

LAs Vegas isn't as bright and well lit as it should be. It feels like the city is trying to shine, but an all-pervading shadow pervades it. There is a sense of fear and menace everywhere. In the distance you can hear the sound of gun fire. Over head is the whump, whump, whump of a helicopter's blades as it passes by. The air is dry and cool.

You drive across the city, transitioning from lower class to middle, and upper. Each segment of the city gets a little bright as it becomes increasingly upscale. But something is still holding that light back. Your car doesn't fit in here. Your clothes don't either.

Aiden pulls into an out of the way knook not too far from the theater. It is a stout, well-constructed but blocky building. There are posters outside listing the performance taking place inside with the male and female leads wearing old Slavic costumes printed on them. Unless you researched the performance, or are familiar with theater troupes, you have no idea who either of them are. The parking lot is packed. No one is entering or leaving the theatre. The doors leading into the foray are glass with golden knobs. You can see inside but the view in limited. A clerk watched over the room from behind a desk that rises to chest height.