[IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Deadline

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Abduction

Post by Sakuro »

Aiden, Diego, John

Diego collects an empty beer bottle from somewhere outside. Not hard to find, even without digging in a trash can. No recycling though. No one recycles. He scoops up a handful few pebbles and pours them into them bottle. Then, once everyone is in the room, he balances the bottle on the door knob before slinking away into an air vent.
OOC wrote:Our last look at the clock had us at noon-ish. Eight hours of rest will put you at 10-ish on Friday night.

Everyone who gets that sleep will loose their Fatigued Condition. In Diego's case he won't have to make those hourly checks to become Fatigued.

What is your next move? Iona hasn't contacted you since her text message.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr
HP: 3, Condition: Fatigued

Aiden only pauses briefly in the hotel room before heading to the shower. Despite the multiple vehicle changes, they managed to keep all their stuff, including the extra clothes he brought. At least he wouldn't need to wear the dirty greasy clothes after the shower. He doesn't linger in there, even though the hot water feels good. Stays in the shower only long enough to get all the dirt, grease, and grime from working on the car off his body and down the drain. Then he quickly dries off, puts on his clean clothes and goes out to sleep in one of the beds.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP: 2
VP: 0
Cnd: Bruised (-1 to further Damage Checks)
PP:0
EP:3
Dominion Point: 0
"...Woman, when you go loud, you really go loud."
Iona glances away at the floor for a moment when Romper mentions her recent mass-killing. "There are times when regrettable actions must be taken."

Her eyes then shift back to his. "I am no beast. I would rather heal than kill.", she says, her voice soft and calm. "I doubt you would understand."

Realizing that she is getting a little defensive, she stops herself. "But those actions are in the past. Let us talk about my present debt to you."

The young cyborg leans in a little closer to Romper, perhaps only a few inches from his face. "What if I were to agree to do both for you? Of course there would be an added condition. You smuggle me back into Hadron city and drop me off at a place of my choice. From that location I shall proceed on my own. Would that clear all debts that I have accrued?"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: Haunted
Form: Solid

Before settling in an air vent, Diego fires off one last text to Iona. As much as he would love to have her somewhere else, Diego knew the harsh reality of the politics. After the noise they made, Null would not be terribly happy. Even less so than he was of Diego currently. Lets meet up after you get some rest. Lots more fun to have here., sends off Diego. Whether Iona decided to come back to the room or not was her call. He did his part already. Content as much as he could be in the alarm, he settles in nice and cozy in the vent blending in with the darkness.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona

There wasn't any humanity in Romper's eyes. They were those of a predatory hunter. The jaguar. It is hard to read the expression on the face for that same reason. It is inhuman. But Romper remained quiet and listens to Iona as she shies away from his praising her violent and destructive actions. When she leans in close to the jaguar-man there is the noted, though subtle scent of cologne. Better than the smell of sweating teenager, grease, grime, and irony blood that her day had been filled with. There was a primal, predatory hunger in the eyes that looked back at her.

"I am amenable to such an arrangement."

The jaguar's face inches away from Iona, he leaned in after that statement and moved to press his lips against her's.

OOC wrote:With Iona agreeing to work with Romper for a couple days, she will be occupied Saturday and Sunday. If you want to play any of that out we can do so in the Extended Interludes thread. Though it may be slow going. We'll keep the focus on the main story, meaning going forward the spotlight will likely be on John rather than Iona.

Her negotiations with Romper have garnered Iona a way back into Hadron City. She won't need to depend on Aiden for that.
Supernaturalist

Iona
HP: 2
VP: 0
Cnd: Bruised (-1 to further Damage Checks)
EP:3
Dominion Point: 0

As Romper closes in to kiss her, she places both her hands gently on his cheeks, running her fingernails gently back and forth as she kisses him in return.

After a few moments she slowly pulls away with a smile. "Well, this visit is turning out to be different than I expected." Iona moves in a little closer, putting both her hands around Romper's nearest arm. "My peers are certainly wondering where and how I am. For now, I need only tell them that I am safe and will return to meet them in Hadron City when their business in Vegas is complete. I need to text them a short message. If you wish, you may scrutinize my message before it's sent."
OOC: Iona will request batteries back for the two "burner phones" she originally possessed or alternatively request a new burner to contact Diego. Either way, this is what she will text him.
<I'm visiting a friend I met at the party. Don't worry about me. I'll meet you back at Dad's house in a few days.>

After the text, Iona turns back to Romper. "I have agreed to help you with both requests. There is one more small courtesy I ask: May we leave charging the Hadron-tech battery until the end of my visit? I'm already vulnerable being here. Being without my e-field manipulator for several days would be a risk I strongly wish to avoid."
OOC: Ok, we can move the to the EE thread if you want.
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
HP:5
Cnd: Fatigued; Impaired (-2 circumstance penalty to all skill rolls)

The stress from recent events has John pretty tired. When he and his teammates make it into the motel room, he tries to make himself as comfortable as possible. After seeing The Dark Ascendant morph into some kind of tenebrous death-creature, John feels more creeped out by him than ever. Having someone like that hold you in ill-regard doesn't make you feel too safe. When his leader oozes up into the air vents to rest, John watches in concealed discomfort. If those were his last thoughts, he probably would not be able to go to sleep.

As it stands, he tries to think of Anna. It almost makes him feel better except for the fact that they are going to kidnap her soon. When he imagines her reaction towards him, he lapses back in to a mild anxiety. Tomorrow is when "zero hour" occurs. They either acquire Ms. Seminov or admit defeat and return back to Hadron City. Either way John wonders what his future will hold after all this is over. He is restless for awhile before his exhausted body lapses into a deep sleep.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

After some rest, Diego rematerialized in the room after giving it the best once over he could form his vent as a middle class call girl. Not street walker trashy, but also not high end either. Just one of those affordable yet forgettable ones. With any luck, the people outside wouldn't have been keeping track of everyone coming and going enough to notice the victim not leaving the room. Luck wasn't on their side though, so anything could go at this point.

"It's been fun, but it's time to go. If I stay any longer I'll some business. If y'all give me a ride out of here I'll make it worth your wile after we get back.", says Diego in feminine voice that smoked just a tinged too much. His voice said one thing and eyes said another as he lopked at the various bits of luggage and noted the time as if to say hurry up.
Perception 21 He would not change form or leave the vent if he saw signs of tampering with the room outside normal usage.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr
HP: 3, Condition: Fine

Aiden wakes up and is a bit surprised by by the woman standing in the room. It takes him a moment to realize it is Diego. Why is he talking like that? Does he think someone is listening?

He is also torn. On one hand, John and himself are likely a liability. Their faces are probably well known, maybe John's more than his. Staying behind and letting Diego complete this might be the more tactical move... IF they could stay out of trouble. Aiden didn't trust John not to do something stupid and attract attention to them. It wouldn't take much.

"Sure, we can give you a ride. You sure being seen with us won't be bad for business?" It is a clumsy line, at best. But hopefully, it expressed his concerns. Not that he particularly wanted to stay with John. He would be vulnerable, though not completely helpless.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:Being inside of an air vent really limits Diego's ability to inspect the room. From what he can see, there is no obvious sign that someone has entered or went through your room. When he leaves the vent he is able to note that the bottle is still balanced on the door knob.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Losing Aiden and John would spare another variable. If things got hairy, it would be much easier to escape without causing a scene. Still, Aiden was useful, especially for information on Anna. John, well Chen was already going to pissed. Not that Diego cared. John was a loose canon currently, so better to keep him close. "Honey, in my business, if I'm not getting customers I'm not seen as very good.", says Diego. His voice sounded like any good prostitute feigning importance of their customer. In his line of work, he's talked to more than a few and listened in on their conversations. Diplomats love their pillow talk.

"Whenever you are all packed up, you can drop me off back at the city. I gotta be back soon though. He'll be expecting his cut soon.", says Diego keeping up the act. There was still a lot of stuff that could go wrong with this mission and they were on the knifes edge. The sooner they got to Anna, the sooner Diego might be able to convince her to go along with their kidnapping.

He grabbed the bag he brought with the basics and went to wait by the door. If the car was still there, they'd need to ditch it and get a new one quickly. Driving around with a dead body was bad for business.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr
HP: 3, Condition: Fine

Seeing "Diego" grab a bag, Aiden wasn't entirely sure what the plan was. Were they leaving here or coming back?

He turns to John. He really doesn't want him going.

"I can give her a ride if you want to stay here and just watch some TV. I'll bring back some food."

Strictly a lie. If Diego did instruct him to return here, he wasn't stopping anywhere. To much chance of being recognized.
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
HP:5
Cnd: Impaired (-2 circumstance penalty to all skill rolls)

John picks up on The Dark Ascendant's "shot" regarding the whole prostitute act. After a quick change of clothes, he's ready to follow his leader as instructed. Clothed in his typical jeans, athletic shoes, hoodie and sunglasses, the bulky soldier briefly ponders any additional items he might need.
OOC: Was John able to recover his knife and pistol from the last scene? I'm not sure if that was ever determined.
After gathering his things, he looks to The Dark Ascendant and Aiden and quietly nods that he is ready to leave. Quietly, he dreads seeing Anna and wishes that somehow he could get out of this whole abduction and detainment thing. But that is an impossibility. His judgement has already been questioned and any attempt to weasel out of the mission will only provide more "evidence" of his "incompetence".
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego is makes sure the crude alarm he set is removed before heading out. With the standard just did a job and now heading back for more work look, Diego is the first to leave the room in case there is a trap waiting for them. Despite everything so far, he wasn't going to take a chance on being sloppy. The area was shady as is, so it afforded some protection. Various people here wouldn't want too much attention drawn. As Diego moves to where the car was parked, he keeps an eye out for the surrounding area just in case. If it was cops, military, or Stronghold they weren't super tactful when it came to apprehending people, but this was maybe the exception.

he knew the car they have wouldn't be viable to keep if the blue lives matter bumper sticker didn't have it taken already. It didn't need to be. There was bound to be someplace for them to swap out cars. While the Impala would have been nice, it was a marked car. They were winging it now, which meant there was too many variables i play and too many unknowns for a solid plan and time wasn't on their side.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Night has fallen. Exiting the motel room you enter a walkway that is rooms on one side and the parkinglot and the filthy pool on the other. There is roofing overhead and railing at the side. The lighting isn't the best. It's dim. Even the street lights are dulled and dirty. It makes the place feel even more grimy. Dirtier. Once on the ground floor Diego circles back behind the building to check up on the car that you stole.

Red and blue lights. Black and white vehicle. There is a police car pulled up behind the car talking on the radio attacked to their shoulders as they inspect the stolen car. In their off hand is a flash light. IT's white beam of light stabbing into the interior of the car.
OOC wrote:As you set out keep in mind all the exposure John and Aiden have had. They have been in two very violent, very loud, situations in the last 24 hours.