[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'll be out of town Saturday, but I'll be back early Sunday afternoon. I can post at some point Sunday evening/night.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego got some low rolls, so should be interesting to see what happens. The plan overview is Iona will carry the chair with Aidan on it, John will hold Ionas shoulder, and Diego will play scout. They will stick to the darker bits of the Ward.

Given Diegos low roll on expertise Hadron City, I don't expect he'll think up an optimal route.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

My wording may have been confusing. Iona does not get a HP. John does.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I am on work travel getting back Tuesday late, so I'll try to get a post up for Diego than.
Supernaturalist

I don't have my usual Tuesday/Thursday "late" routine going on today, so I'll be able to post this evening when I get home.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I feel bad for Iona. Doing so much and not getting any sympathy for all she is going through.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I am out of town tonight until Sunday.
Supernaturalist

I'll be able to get up posts a little later this afternoon.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego is always going to want info, it's part of his character. If he can't get it via a simple query to Null, due to his diversion from ward 3, he'll just get it another way down the line. In hind sight, the diversion should have been a misdirection to the jaguars or some other active group rather than calling for an uprising. So, being in Nulls disfavour makes complete sense.
Supernaturalist

I'm not sure if I should wait to post for Iona and John. Both have things they want to do, but there seems to be a meeting/assignment looming on the horizon (so I don't think they have time).
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego called for a debrief once everyone settles, but other than that Chen is going to give a mission in a couple days game time. So, Iona and John probably have time for something. Iona needs to head back to Sokolov in that time span most likely.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

At this point enough time has passed in Iona's study, coupled with her experience in harvesting human skin for her repairs (I've shortened the time because of this revelation), that Iona is able to form a conclusion in her initial research into her make up. After she visits her lab and does some checking on her chemical analysis of her skin, nails and hair she will be able to confirm that her skin hair and makeup are all human. But with more than one set of DNA.

Given the mission is over, Diego and Iona both received either 1 PP or 1 Dominion.

What is it that Iona and John are wanting to do? You do not have time for personal side projects. Since your new assignment (building an army/recruiting allies) was given to you, your free time has been minimal. That isn't changing. More immediately, you do have the meeting Diego called. Iona needs repairs. There is also Chen's scheduled arrival with a mission for you, that will cut into any personal time you would have had.

John has the most free time, as his assignment is to keep an eye on Diego and Iona, advise them, and report on them.
Supernaturalist

Iona's first priority is getting herself repaired and recharged. After that, she has several things she'd like to do according to this priority: Make sure Aiden recovers well, perform any easy research on her android body before going to Sokolov for repairs, check up on the construction of both the emergency escape tunnel and the preparations for the emergency base. She may very well not have time to do all those things before being called upon for the next mission, so she'll squeeze in what she can. Luckily, she does not need to sleep.

As for John, he'll complete his report for Ascendant Chen to the best of his ablility, then he'll start thinking about assisting Diego with the recruitment, training, and armament of personnel. Would I need any kind of military skill roll in order to get some insights into the best way to proceed? If there is any free time after doing these things, John would likely be thinking about a way to contact his "dancer" acquaintance. Things have gotten a lot more dangerous for him since he last saw her, so he might just have to write her off. But if he feels like he coud arrange something safely, he might try. The problem is the fact that if Stronghold knows that he met with her (or if the Jaguars know as well), then they might be waiting for him to try and contact her somehow. That thought scares John quite a bit. He won't risk the base and his position over a woman, so if he's advised against contacting her, then he'll just have to drop it. This leads to another problem for John. One of his motivations is greed. If there is no place or time for him to spend his payments for luxuries, then that will start to effect his morale and potentially his loyalty.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It will take Iona around 16 hours of solid down time, doing nothing but resting, to clear her Exhaustion. Neither Iona, nor the engineers at the base, have the knowledge or equipment to repair her. She needs to go to Dr. Sokolov for that, and you don't know how long it will take.

There is no easy research Iona can do concerning herself. She is a piece of super science. Nothing about studying super science is easy. She'll be able to make some superficial observations. Anything more than that is beyond her abilities, even if she had months to study herself. Meaning, she doesn't have a high enough Technology Skill bonus.

Aiden is going to be needing constant care. In order for Iona to have a meaningful impact on his recovery she would need to neglect other things.

You can assume that Iona is getting regular reports on the escape tunnel and shell of a backup base. Only one week has passed. It is only a quarter done.

If you want to do a write up for John's report to Chen, you may do so. Otherwise you have already mentioned John working on the report IC.

Diego already has a recruitment program planned: the soup kitchen route. Likewise, he already has voiced a a plan for arming an army: use Aiden. Nothing has really been covered, planning wise, for training. Expertise Military/Soldier could help with insights into training, but not recruiting or figuring out how to arm people with gear you don't have.

Anna, the dancer John spent time with, didn't give him any contact information. She said he'd have to come to one of her performances if he wanted to see her again. She also told him she would be leaving for Las Vegas at the end of the week. That was last week. He does know the theater her troupe was performing at though.

How John deals with his greed is up to you. That said, John was contracted to do a job. Not drink booze, gamble, and flirt with pretty women. So don't expect to be given a lot of leisure time. He has off hour to unwind. Nothing on the scope of Iona doing significant personal research initiatives that would be needed to seriously advance her understanding of herself. Right now, your group is getting extra work because of the mess they made in Ward 8 and due to Diego's call for an uprising.

On the matter of loyalty: I will tell you, frankly, that disloyalty equals death when you deal with Null ... and there is nowhere John can run or hide from them. He will be killed if he does not fulfill his end of the contract. That goes for Iona and Diego as well. Going rogue isn't an option at this point. One day, with planning and preparation, they may be able to escape the influence of Null or Sokolov, but not now. As a GM, I'm not willing to let you go that far off the rails at this point in the story. Your patrons are, in part, there to keep you from going hog wild and provide you with solid direction.

In the timeline you described the next scene for Iona is either with the engineers, in the infirmary checking on Aiden, or the meeting Diego called for. For John, the next relevant thing in your timeline is most likely the meeting.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get Diegos post up tonight.